Setben the halfling fighter/thief - Update 2
Traveling with: Shar-Teel, Viconia, Montaron, Xzar
Setben and gang continue to make progress. Incidents of note:
* Algernon was slaughtered to lower the party's reputation, which was getting too high. This happened to net us a cloak as well.
* Nashkel Mines problem was solved. A lot of battles with kobolds, but Kagain (RIP) tanked well here. For Mulahey, Viconia and Kagain, stayed near the entrance, while the rest of the party went deep into the Mulahey's cave. This worked well, as Viconia and Kagain kept the skeletons busy, while Xzar, Setben, and Montaron took care of Mulahey. I did have necklace of missiles, but many party members including Setben have low HP, too risky in these tight quarters. A nearby elven prisoner was freed named Xan. The party let Xan go at the Carnival. We might recruit him if Xzar ever gets chunked.
* Assassin Nimbul defeated - he failed to resist Viconia's command, and that was that.
* Gnoll Fortress was cleared, without much incident
* Battle with Sendai and her archer friends - while Kagain died, this kind of went to plan, web at the enemies, with Kagain in the web too, to distract them - this worked. But when we came back to the Temple, the Temple was unable to raise Kagain, though it gave the impression it could. Kagain was removed from the party, and will be dead for good.
* Need another tank, so Setben purchased some mirror eye potions and stone to flesh scrolls, in case we get a basilisk ambush on the way to get/return from Shar-Teel.
* Montaron has very low HP, but didn't want to give him a STR potion, as he might chunk Shart-Teel, I just wanted him to win. So he used a haste potion instead, and his AC was -4 at that point - success! We now have a tank again...some equipment reshuffling, Viconia is in front too. Shar-Teel has AC of -5.
* We just need a little bit more money and we can get the full plate. So we headed to the gibberling area (where Samuel is), rescued Samuel, got a fire resistance ring, sapphire and a winter wolf pelt.
* Two ambushes on the way to the FAI, including one with a large # of bandit archers (10). The party won, Xzar tried to go invisible (via scroll, since he can't memorize it), but got killed just before it was going to take. So he was resurrected at the FAI Temple when we returned Samuel
* After selling everything and the winter wolf pelt, the party purchased full plate from the Thunderhammer Smithy. Shar-Teel now has -6 AC, -14 to missiles. Viconia has -5 AC herself
* Party decided to investigate Ulcaster School. They defeated all the enemies here very cleanly, Shar-Teel and Viconia tanked great, just a few heals needed. Setben himself did great trap work here as well. Got some levels here, Viconia now can cast level 3 spells, so animate dead and pro-fire were chosen. Setben finally got a nice HP roll (5), putting his HP at 26. Viconia, no the other hand, got the worst possible (1).
Edited by corey_russell, 09 April 2013 - 03:44 PM.