Baldur's Gate 1 No-Reload Challenge

• Please log in to reply
16394 replies to this topic

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
 Setben FINAL BG 1 Update:

Setben and gang (Shar-Teel, Viconia, Montaron, Xzar) escaped the Candlekeep Crypts A-OK. Arrows of detonation took care of Prat and goons. I forgot about the basislisks! So Montaron stealthed, and then directed skeletons to attack them. Once the skeletons definitely had the basilisks attention, Montaron then assisted with his sling - success, we made it past this hurde.

The team had no trouble getting the evidence on Sarevok, the invitiation, or the duchal palace. Cythandria beaten by group haste basically, Slythe by dispelling arrows (we just ran from Krystin after looting Slythe), and Duchal Palace via summons, dispel magic and group haste.

The maze was a little tough, the team had very few heal potions by this point. But Setben said the team must press on, and so they did.

Absolutely nobody was anywhere close to leveling and it wasn't necessary to level to defeat his half-brother, so Setben ordered the team to take the long way around to get to the Temple of Bhaal, so we didn't even engage the Iron Throne Undercity party at all. Tamako was still waiting at the Flaming Fist barracks, which we never went to.

We rested and entered the temple. We did a ton of buffs and in particular I prepped Setben and Montaron so that they could both backstab Sarevok if need be. It wasn't necessary though, as ranged fire took out Sarevok, and Setben advances to BG 2.

Posted Image

Edited by corey_russell, 14 April 2013 - 02:59 PM.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Gate70/Grond0 Multiplayer attempt 18 - (update 1)
Quash, dwarf barbarian (Grond0) & Berud, dwarf barbarian (Gate70)

After the rigours of running mages for a while we decided to take it easy with an all-barbarian run.  Barbie had better watch out because this good-looking pair are on her heels!

The route so far has been a bit different from usual thanks to slightly different weapon choices (2-handed sword for Berud and dual-wielding flails for Quash) and availability of rage.  Things did start much the same by going after Shoal, using non-proficient bows, and then completing various tasks in and around Beregost (including killing Marl, who refused to be pacified this time).

From Beregost they went to seek Arghain, in order to relieve him of his 2-handed sword and then made their way via Nashkel to the xvart area to get the magic flail from the bear cave.  While in the area the duo also took turns confronting Borda to spread his 4 lots of magic missiles between them leaving him easy prey.  I'm still waiting to see whether Berud will insist on picking up the cursed berserking sword from BragePosted Image.

Moving on to the coast their barbarian rages allowed them to safely confront the sirenes and get to the pirate cave.  Inside, Berud acted as the front man for the first 2 golems than swapped with Quash for the last one when he started feeling a bit sick.

The last action of the session was making their way down to the gnoll stronghold, where they have just picked up the tome of charisma.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Quash, barbarian L5, 60 HPs, 70 kills
Berud, barbarian L5, 71 HPs, 55 kills

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Good going Corey - good luck with Setben in BG2.

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts
Congratulations, Corey! See ya in Copper Coronet.

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts
Nice work Corey.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Grond0 wrote...
After the rigours of running mages for a while we decided to take it easy with an all-barbarian run.

It's the opposite for me. After taking it easy with a sorceress, I've decided to face the rigors of running a barbarian. :P

Barbie had better watch out because this good-looking pair are on her heels!

Given that it took Azriel (formerly Barbie) 6 rounds to kill an Xvart, I have no doubt that Berud and Quash will fly by her. She'll probably be whiffing away at a Gibberling while they're downing tankards over Sarevok's corpse.

Moving on to the coast their barbarian rages allowed them to safely confront the sirenes and get to the pirate cave.

You two seem a lot more comfortable trusting Rage than I am. In prior runs, did it ever run out on you at the wrong time? Was disruption ever a problem? As mentioned before, I'm leery of it.

Edited by Alesia_BH, 14 April 2013 - 08:45 PM.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
Congrats Corey! Best of luck in Amn!

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Thanks all! Good luck to these new barbarian runs.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
Azriel, Halfling Barbarian: Cloakwood to The Gate

Despite a bruising encounter at the Cloakwood Mines, Azriel has arrived safely at The Gate.

The Cloakwood

Azriel was warmly welcomed to the Cloakwood by a trio of Phase Spiders. Fortunately, the Protection for Poison Scroll in her quick slot -and a Potion of Stone Giant from her Wolf Bag- nullified the threat.
Posted Image

Layering in a Potion of Freedom kept Azriel safe en route to Chelak.
Posted Image

Her second Rage finished Centeol and pets.
Posted Image

Drasus and Co.

Azriel took a bit of a beating at the hands of Drasus's mage buddies- mostly because of my ambivalence towards Pro Magic scrolls combined with my reluctance to shell out for The Horn.

The battle began well enough: Green Scrols, Greenstone, Shield, and a Potion of Mirror Eyes (for Kysus's COrb) kept Azriel safe from the first few rounds of spells while a Potion of Absorption nerfed Drasus.
Posted Image

Drasus didn't last long.
Posted Image

His mages didn't give up however, and after tagging Azriel with Blindness and Slow, started pouring on the damage spells.
Posted Image

This put Azriel in an awkward situation. She had applied her Green Scrolls with the intent of using them against Davaeorn, but the Blindness effect and some later Melf's Acid Arrows made a Potion of Magic Blocking quaff the right move. She put it off for as long as possible hoping to preserve her buffs, but ultimately she was left with little choice. The Horn, of course, could have saved her scroll buffs by foiling Blindness and MAA.
Posted Image

By the time Azriel's Potion of Magic Blocking had worn off, Kysus and Rezdan were plum out of spells. Kysus -who had neglected to take Pro Missles- fell first thanks to a Dart of Stunning.
Posted Image

Rezdan was dropped soon after.
Posted Image

Azriel then looted the Potion of Magic Shielding and headed into the mines. 

Davaeorn

Since Azriel had been counting on her previously applied Protection from Fire Scroll for 50% of her fire resistance against Davaeorn, the Potion of Magic Blocking quaff left her with a hole in her buffs facing Davaeorn. Shield, Potion of Magic Shielding, Potion of Cold Resistance, and Potion of Insulation proved adequate, however: Davaeorn went quitely.

Upon reaching Davaeorn's Guard, Azriel used some Darts of Stunning in the hopes of scoring a potion of two. This worked: shed ended up with a Potion of Defense.
Posted Image

The Battle Horrors were taken down under Potion of Frost Giant Strength + Rage.
Posted Image

Stripped of his protectors, Davaeorn had little hope
Posted Image

Azriel is currently at the Elfsong prepping for her return to Candlekeep. She'll likely finish up BG1 in her next session. Her current character record appears below.
Posted Image

Best,

A.

Edited by Alesia_BH, 14 April 2013 - 06:57 PM.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
Azriel, Halfling Barbarian: The Gate and Back Again

Azriel has returned from Candlekeep and is now readying herself for the endgame. There was one notable battle in her last sesssion: the fray with Zhalimar et al. at the Iron Throne.

The Iron Throne

I've had the SCS tactical challenge Iron Throne battle installed for awhile now, but I've never actually completed it- instead opting to stealth over to Thaldorn in the interst of preserving resources. Azriel -being flush with gold and having a respectable hitpoint total- seemed well suited to investigate. It ended up being a fun fight.

Azriel arrived running a Protection from Magic Scroll, a Potion of Defense, a Potion of Heroism, a Potion of Regeneration, and an Oil of Speed. Her opening Rage was interupted though, by Emissary Tar's Doppleganger.
Posted Image

As a short-sword wielder with a movement rate bonus, Azriel is most effective in the open where she can take advantage of her speed.
Posted Image

Sarevok's Acolyte's wisely focused on boxing her in- therefore nullifying her speed advantage and allowing their superior damage output to tip the scales in their favor.
 Posted Image

Azriel countered with a Potion of Invisibility, and then broke out with Potion of Healing (to full health)->Protection from Fire -> Potion of Explosions. 
Posted Image
Posted Image

She then finished the job on Zhalimar.
Posted Image

And used a Potion of Firebreath to evade a second attempt at boxing her in.
Posted Image

Now with too few bodies to corner Azriel, the Acolytes were destined to fall to Azriel's quick blade and fast feet.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Candlekeep

Azriel handled the return to Candlekeep the safe way. Protection from Poison for the Phase Spiders, Electricity and Fire Resistance for the traps.
Posted Image

The tomes were recovered with Potion of Fire Giant Strenght->Barbarian Rage.
Posted Image

A Potion of Invisibility previously looted from Alai handled the rest. Azriel's character record heading into the endgame.
Posted Image

Best,

A.

Edited by Alesia_BH, 14 April 2013 - 08:43 PM.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Gate70/Grond0 Multiplayer attempt 18 - (update 2)
Quash, dwarf barbarian (Grond0) & Berud, dwarf barbarian (Gate70)

A few short sessions saw a surprising amount of progress for the speedy barbarians.  First up Caldo & Krumm were confronted with their proposed misdeeds.  For a change they did not go to sleep on the job, but were still not up to a real fight.

On the way to relieve Meilum of his bracers Hulrik's cow had a lucky escape from a horde of attacking xvarts.  Then it was on to the basilisk area - Berud tanking with the green protection scroll.  Mutamin was rapidly raged and, after a rest, it was agreed to do the same to Kirian's party.  The original plan was to rage outside visual range, but Quash suggested leaving it later to extend the duration.  Unfortunately that resulted in Quash's rage being interrupted and he had to save against a rigid thinking.  However, his second rage took effect and the opposition were all swiftly accounted for.

A rapid jog north to the FAI had a few stops - to relieve an ogre of his belt, a hobgoblin of a ring, a nobleman of his pants and Tarnesh of his life.  Then on to the ankheg nest where Berud tanked the first half and, after taking a bit of damage, left it to Quash to lead for the second.  At Ulgoth's Beard the Cloak of Displacement was acquired, but it was decided there was no need for the Green Amulet for the ragers.

Prism was freed from Greywolf's clutches, as well as his mortal cares.  Berud was annoyed that he kept missing while Quash took Greywolf to near death and took his rage out on the bounty hunter with a critical for 48 to finish him off.

The Nashkel mine didn't detain the duo long.  Traps and kobold arrows did wound Berud significantly, but a good night's rest sorted him out ready for Mulahey.  Under heavy attack the cleric did well to get 2 spells off - not that they were any use against rage.

Speeding on:
- the amazons were smashed
- Nimbul was bashed
- Tranzig was mashed
- bandit camp was trashed

Melicamp was successfully revived and an excellent clean-up operation mounted on Bassilus - only 1 skeleton surviving the 2-pronged entry.

In the Cloakwood potions of freedom meant no need to worry about the web traps. Spiders' Bane was recovered to give Berud a weapon upgrade, though it seemed to take an age for Tiber to get free of a web trap to receive his brother's body.  A potion of invulnerability was obtained from Laskal on the way to the mine.  There Drasus sprinted away from his companions and into trouble.  Genthore also came forward a bit, though he did succeed in disrupting Berud's rage when the mages showed up.  That didn't help them though as Quash was perfectly capable of chunking the 2 of them while Berud finished off Genthore.

In the mine Quash attempted to drag the lightning trap into the room with Hareishan, but a strange bounce kept it out and he took several lots of damage before running on through.  Berud then occupied the guards' main attention while Quash worked his way back through them.  Down to Daveorn where the battle horrors were dragged back one by one to fight Quash (unusually wielding a shield) while an enraged Berud chopped them from behind.  With them out of the way the duo raged for the assault on Daveorn - he fell before completing his attempted fireball spell.  There were no ambushes as the duo made their way to the City.

Quash, barbarian L7, 82 HPs, 225 kills
Berud, barbarian L7, 98 HPs, 149 kills

Alesia_BH wrote...
You two seem a lot more comfortable trusting Rage than I am. In prior runs, did it ever run out on you at the wrong time? Was disruption ever a problem? As mentioned before, I'm leery of it.

As can be seen above the short duration is a consideration (as is the risk of disruptionPosted Image).  However, 5 rounds is enough for plenty of action - rather more than the 3 rounds offered by the Horn for instance.  I think, given that we are both most comfortable with playing fighters, we've got a reasonable feel for the likely duration of battles.  The fact that we don't have SCS casters also makes a considerable difference as they have typically used their disabling spells before the 5 rounds is up.

Edited by Grond0, 14 April 2013 - 10:12 PM.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
Makes sense. And of course, a pair of max strength ragers -one with a two-hander and the other dual wielding- can accomplish a lot more in 5 rounds than my solo shortsword-wielding min-strength Azriel.

I've basically found myself using it as a quick casting DUHM while relying on standard methods for disabler defense. Though, on occasion, when there are two rounds left on the Greenstone Amulet, Azriel will try to extend her protected time using Rage with the understanding that she'll be able to refresh the Greenstone Amulet in the following round if the Rage cast is interrupted.

Anyhoo: best of luck guys!

Edited by Alesia_BH, 14 April 2013 - 11:01 PM.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
Quick Note on Azriel's Game:

It is done: Azriel has defeated Sarevok and will leave for Amn soon.
Posted Image

I'll post on Azriel's engame encounters shortly.

Best,

A.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
Azriel, Halfling Barbarian: The Endgame

Ok: Super-fast coverage here since I'm eager to move onto Amn.

After storming the Flaming Fist compound...
Posted Image

...and rescuing Duke Eltan buffed with a Potion of Clarity, a Potion of Defense, and a Potion of Stone Giant Strength,
Posted Image

...Azriel met Slythe and Kystin in the Undercellars. The buffs here were Pro Undead, Potion of Frost Giant Strength, Draw on Holy MIght, Greenstone, and Shield. Azriel buffed lightly for this battle because she figured her backstab immuity would allow her to safely use her bow to take Krystin's magic out of the action quickly.
Posted Image

The odd twist here was that despite Azriel's decision to focus on Krystin, Slythe fell first thanks to -of all people- Krystin.
Posted Image

The other slightly odd twist was that Krystin managed to get off a defiant last Animate Dead despite having three doses of poison in her. 
Posted Image

Onto the Duchal Palace. Buffed heavy for this one. In addition to the buffs listed on the character record, Azriel used  Violet Potion->Potion of Agility->Potion of Fortitude->Potion of MInd Focusing.
Posted Image

Dispellng Arrows->Short Sword of Backstabbing finished the Doppes quick- though not before Liia fell.
Posted Image

Sarevok time. Buffs can be seen here. 
Posted Image

Standard warrior ranged-movement based battle plan here. Opened with dispelling arrows.
Posted Image

Followed with ranged attacks on the casters.

Semaj.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Angelo.
Posted Image
(Necklace of MIssles finish)
Posted Image

Once Diarmid put his bow away, his Oil of Speed became tactically relevant. It was dispelled.
Posted Image

And that essentially signalled the end of the fight. With the last Oil of Speed out of play, Azriel enjoyed a huge movement rate advantage while wielding ranged weapons and benefiting from missle weapon AC bonuses via the Claw, the Cloak of Displacement, the Boots of Avoidance, and the Girdle of Piercing. There was really nothing Sarevok and his acolytes could hope to accomplish.

Winding down now.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Just Sarevok left.
Posted Image

Azriel's sling did most of the damage here, but for kicks she went Potion of Invisibility->Buff and then finished him off in melee.

Stats after buffing.
Posted Image

The finish.
Posted Image

And with that, Azriel is off to Amn. :)

Best,

A.

Edited by Alesia_BH, 15 April 2013 - 12:32 AM.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Alesia_BH wrote...
Ok everyone: My barbarian, Azriel, has just arrived in Amn after knocking off Sarevok. Give her a big welcome!

Well done Azriel - here's a rousing (though still genteel) 3 cheers. Hip, hip, hooray.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Congrats Alesia - good luck in Amn.

Blind_Visionary

Blind_Visionary
  • Members
  • 462 posts
It's like a stroll in the park for Azriel and Setben. Well done, good luck with Irenicus!

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
Thanks guys!

Edited by Alesia_BH, 16 April 2013 - 03:27 AM.

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts
Congrats Alesia.

After doing some real life adventuring, spotting tigers, stalking rhinos and the like, I am back to the fantasy world of BG. Too expensive to be in the jungle for any longer! :(

I did a trial run with unmodded ToSC + DSoSC.

It ended badly as PC was level drained and no way to recover in this set-up. :crying: No restore or suchlike. :(

Having tried it, I am now doing a multi-player run with a paladin, a cleric-ranger, and an illusionist thief, stats below. Races as you would expect.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

After fleeing Gorion's murderers, We continued north even beyond the FAI in order to throw them off our scent.
In the process we ended up helping a child priestess against Sonner and co.

Tarnesh succumbed to command at the second attempt.

We headed towards an area filled with zombies and got rid of them for the farmer.

Upon heading south, we ended up at the postern gate of Baldur's Gate!

We hid there for a while, and returned nestor's dagger, took a ring to The Flaming Fist, and taking another ring to help a girl get angel back. We found a nice helmet and a pair of bracers too.

However, we felt out of our depth in the big city and headed back south where we helped Melicamp before dealing with some ogrillon.

In Beregost Kalat resisted all magic, but neverless, he died.

Heading south, we cleared the road to Nashkel where "Command" negated the threat of Neira.

Heading west, Krumm proved to be no threat, but a dire wolf was a different matter entirely!

We did however survive.:)

Edited by Grimwald the Wise, 16 April 2013 - 07:13 AM.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Okami - kensai (update 1)

I thought I would have another go with a fighter type character.  I've actually set Okami up to dual to a thief, although talking with Gate70 I think I perhaps should have had a pure kensai.  I'll probably continue with this one for now and try the latter if Okami comes to a sticky end.

I put all Okami's proficiency points in katana and he hasn't found any such weapons yet.  That meant he had to work reasonably hard in the early stages up to getting to level 5 using throwing axes and a 2-handed sword.  At that point he went to the basilisk area, where I worried about his sword breaking (I wasn't carrying a spare).  However, I happened to have the cursed berserking sword in inventory and decided to use that to slice up the basilisks.

I continued with using that sword through the Cloudpeaks, but Okami came close to dying several times.  Once, in a stand-up one-to-one fight with Krumm and a couple of times with large mixed groups of xvarts, gnolls and skeletons (his poor AC and single attack per round meant even fodder were dangerous). 

Eventually I decided that he'd got far enough to be worth looking after and reverted to using throwing axes and Greywolf's sword.

He recently spent most of the money earned to date on the cloak of displacement, ring of invisibility and green amulet from Ulgoth's Beard and has just reached level 7 in the lighthouse area.  He'll shortly make use of the amulet to attack the sirenes before proceeding with the main quest.

Posted Image

Edited by Grond0, 16 April 2013 - 05:15 AM.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Multi-player no-reload
Coretrue - level 6 paladin, 66 HP, controlled by Corey_Russell (protagonist)
Wewa - level 6 thief, 41 HP, controlled by Dogdancing

The duo continues to make progress. They cleared the area just south of Nashkel without any trouble. Sendai wasn't too hard for Coretrue, with his -15 missile adjustment for arrows. Wewa arrived late to that battle, she was lagging behind looting, but even so, she made her presence felt with her acid arrows.

Now that our necklace items are fully charged (greenstone amulet, necklace of missiles) Coretrue decided now was the time to explore the coast. The first area cleared was just south of Candlekeep. We used ranged attacks for ghouls/carrion crawlers, used the potion of explosions from the Mad Arcand and our necklace of missiles to soften up the ogre mass here, this worked well. We talked to Shoal and Wewa got kissed and died, however Shoal resurrected her after taking a beating from Coretrue. The only scary thing droth did was a sleep spell I think, but both PCs made their save vs. death, I don't think the greenstone amulet protects from that. Coretrue had protection from evil up by this point, so that probably helped. Success! Nice helm for Coretrue...Sirines were carefully defeated here, Wewa careful to stay at range and behind Coretrue. The last sirine on the map got Coretrue level 6, and finally a decent roll of 12 HP off this level.

Dogdancing as hurting/tired by this point, so we sold our junk at High Hedge and ended our session here.

We plan to take on the sirines West of Bassilus area next, and then the basilisks.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Okami - kensai (update 2)

Okami used the ring of invisibility to get the drop on the first group of sirenes.  The green amulet charge ran out just before the second was killed, but I didn't bother renewing it feeling that Okami would be pretty safe even if confused (he had also used the shield amulet) and so it proved.  For the second group I added potions of stone giant strength, speed and heroism.  That was partly because I thought confusion would be more dangerous there (due to nearby carrion crawlers), but mainly with a view to going on to tackle the golems. 
Posted Image

In the cave the golems were tackled one at a time - retreating after each attack to use healing potions where necessary (a critical from a golem could do around 50 damage; the first one did get a critical, though not a damaging one).
Posted Image

Okami ran through the Nashkel mine invisibly before showing himself to Mulahey and drawing him up to the pond. That meant he only fought the support troops in ones and twos, which was simple.  A green amulet charge gave Mulahey no hope either.

Nimbul dodged the first 8 or 9 axes, but eventually Okami got a couple through his defenses to make him run and then a critical finished him off.  A couple of transitions up and down the stairs saw the end of Tranzig; his death didn't open up the bandit camp, so Okami got a lift there with Teven.

At the camp I didn't want to chance the bandits ganging up on Okami so opened hostilities outside the main tent.  He used his fast weapon speed to clear a few chill, while missile protection took the sting out of the bandits.  Taugosz was meleed using a potion of absorption for protection, although Okami still got hit by a couple of criticals.  He entered the main tent invisibly and a potion of firebreath killed all except Hakt.

After going invisibly through the Cloakwood Drasus failed to get any of the criticals needed to hit Okami (protected by potion of absorption and belt).  Genthore was a tougher proposition and was handled with a first use of the necklace of missiles.  The mages got one fireball from out of sight range and were finished off with another one cast at Okami's feet.

Okami went invisibly down to Daveorn.  He didn't bother with the battle horrors, but just attacked Daveorn from the rear to draw him away. A magic blocking potion saw Daveorn out of spells; he did quite well in melee, but eventually had to concede defeat.

Okami is now in the city and will look to increase his collection of tomes.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Okami - kensai (final update)

I somehow managed to get Okami killed trying to get Prat's throwing axe.  He was exceptionally unlucky there, both in continually missing people attacking him with missile weapons in melee (while they were regularly hitting) and in the fact that none of Prat's lightning bolts hit any of the rest of the party despite bouncing all around them.  I stubbornly tried to finish things off rather than going invisible and healing up and eventually paid the penalty.

As previously suggested I'll roll up a dwarf kensai and try and be rather more careful with him.

Edited by Grond0, 16 April 2013 - 02:56 PM.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Sorry to hear of Prat's successful defense of the Catacombs. Good luck with your dwarven Kensai.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Grond - kensai (update 1)

Thanks for the good wishes Corey - so far, so good.  I've called this one Grond to give me a bit of extra incentive to look after him.

After escaping from Candlekeep the first action was killing Xzar and Montaron with throwing axes (Grond has 2 stars in axes and 2 in dual-wielding, though won't be doing much of that in the near future).  I have a policy of not recruiting NPCs on solo runs, so killing them is necessary to get Montaron's potion of speed.

On to Shoal - getting 2 levels and 21 HPs for killing her.  Then on to Beregost to talk to Firebead and Marl and throw a few axes at Karlat before returning Perdue's sword - 10 more HPs.  The total of 46 HPs does a lot to take away the danger of a bandit ambush before there has been any chance of triggering one.

Before properly starting his travels Landrin's spiders were lured outside into the path of a few more throwing axes.  The same fate overtook Mirianne's ogrillons and the hobgoblin with Zhurlong's boots.

Moving south to Nashkel Grond took the time to talk to Noober and convince Oublek of what an honest fellow he is.  With the money from selling a suit of armour found in a field he returned to Beregost briefly to buy a magic axe.  At Nashkel carnival Oopah tried to catch him with a morning star, while Vitiare appeared to only want to talk - both only caught a few flying axes.

Grond's reputation grew further when Greywolf became the latest to fail to keep up with the fleet-footed dwarf and Hulrik hailed him as Arabelle's savior.  Sendai and Vax both failed to get close enough to talk (level 5 and 13 more HPs).  Selling their equipment allowed Grond to buy the necklace of missiles, which helped in killing Sendai's companions and Zal without allowing them the chance of a shot back.  Up to this point Grond has not taken any damage and only been attacked twice (by a skeleton archer in an ambush).

Posted Image

Grond, kensai 5, 59 HPs, 38 kills