Photo

Baldur's Gate 1 No-Reload Challenge

• Please log in to reply
16394 replies to this topic

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Ok. I'm officially back in action. This is my character.

ScreenShot2014-02-25at40436PM_zps370c50d

Now, some of you may be thinking: Hey, don't I know her from somewhere? Well yes- yes you do. You've met her in the Hall of Wonders- probably more than once. And if you've been reading this thread religiously, you may have seen her here too: I ran an Alora clone in the No-Reload Challenge a couple years ago (Wow! Time flies huh?). I got bored with her that time, but I always knew that someday I'd give her another shot. That day has come. Wish her luck.

Here's our girl in Candlekeep- ready to hop-skip-to-it (note the Rabbit's Foot).

ScreenShot2014-02-25at40433PM_zps37ea627

Proficiencies: Quarterstaves, Darts

Mods: BG: EE, SCS v 28 (full pre-buffs, all creature improvements, all tactical challenges) 

When I started this run, I had no intention of posting on it. This is my first EE play-through and also my first time running SCS v 28: I was expecting annoyances, bugs, and gotchas. I did encounter all of the above (during my first hour of play I was calling the Enhanced Edition the Infuriating Edition), but Alora survived it all, and gradually I came to realize that this install has a lot to offer and that this run was becoming special. I'm looking forward to sharing it, and hopeful that it'll have a happy ending. Alora likes happy endings.

Alora is currently chilling at the Elfsong, whistling the Final Countdown. Belt is alive and well, and Sarevok is on the run: end-times are near. My plan at this point is to bring everyone up-to-date with a series of semi-detailed posts before sending Alora off to face her destiny. I'll upload the first post, covering Candlekeep to the Nashkel Mines, in a few hours. 

Doo-ta-doo-doo! Doo-ta-doo-ta-doo! Doo-ta-doo-doo! Doo-ta-doo-ta-doo-ta-doo!

ScreenShot2014-02-27at14856AM_zpsc4b9e10

Best,

A. 

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts

It's nice to see our beloved Halfling lassie back on the road! Safe travels!  :)

===

Meanwhile Impish Face & Co solved the Firewine Ruins' riddles and got a pretty nice loot there. Hordes of kobold commandos supplied us with good amount of Fire Arrows, Lendarn was kind enough to waste his spells on our skellies and provided us with heavy, old-looking tome (Manual of Gainful Exercise, yay!) while Ogre Mage dropped another, highly cryptic one (Tome of Clear Thought) but Impish Face is intelligent enough to decipher it.

Gandolar was happy to hear the good news and asked us to pass warm greetings to Alora if we met her someday.

The murky and mysterious Durlag's Tower is our next destination.

to be continued...

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts

Do the doppelganger assassins focus on the dukes and if so how do you keep them from both dying.

Jezebel the Skald.
With Imoen, Rasaad, Dorn, Neera and Baeloth. Page 10.

My song echoes around Nashkel Mine as we work our way down. A half-orc cleric called Mulahey manages to confuse Dorn but Rasaad stands firm to kill him while Imoen switches to her sword to fight kobolds and skeletons, aided by Neera and Baeloth. We're careful to stand clear of Dorn until he comes back to his senses.

Rasaad and Dorn sneak up to Lamahla and give her the chance to surrender. With the offer thrown back at us a dose of Flaming Fist and Poison are handed out at close quarters while Imoen shoots arrows and volleys of Magic Missile are cast by Neera and Baeloth.

There is a huge pile of loot so we head to Beregost and barter it, receiving Shadow Thief armour (Imoen) and a Dagger of Venom (Rasaad) in exchange. Then we rescue a farmers son, and collect 8 ankheg shells to sell at Beregost. By this time Dorn is getting angy about our reputation and tries to sort matters out. The widow of Joseph is certainly unhappy about us not handing back a ring from her husband but not enough to bad-mouth us.

Dorn is directed to Gallor and agrees to help against Charleston Nib. Nib is easy enough to kill and our reputation plummets from 18 to 9, but Gallor has been joined by a Doomsayer that dominates him. We're already hasted and Rasaad keeps the Doomsayer occupied as Baeloth casts a dispel, then we attack. Dorn uses poison, drain and aura while Rasaad uses flaming fist. Imoen has arrows +1 and Baeloth uses Magic Missiles. Neera uses Magic Missiles then Larloch Minor drain while I sing away until the threat is eliminated.

Arghain the half-ogre lends me his sword on a permanent basis, then we return to Nashkel to update the mayor. An assassin called Nimbul is wise enough to attack from a distance but Dorn drains him from the same range as Neera and Baeloth volley him down with a set of Magic Missiles.

Another assassin, Neira, is inside the inn and gets more of the same, although Neera switches to Chromatic Orb. Over to Beregost where Tranzig takes a pounding before Dorn chunks him around the room. One chunk has a note with the directions to a bandit camp and a second has a Find Familiar scroll which I memorise and will test soon.

Dorn, Blackguard 5, 34hp. 127 kills. 2 handed sword (Rancor). Greater Basilisk, Poison Weapon.

Rasaad, Sun Soul Monk 5, 24hp. 55 kills. Fist. Sirine, Sun Soulray.

Jezebel, Skald 6, 35hp. 8 kills, 2 handed sword (+1). Gnoll, Cure Light Wounds. A singer not a fighter.

Imoen, Thief 6, 32hp. 85 kills, shortbow. Shoal the Nereid, no favourite spell.

Neera, Wild Mage 5, 16hp. 18 kills. Dart (hmm, nearly always uses staff). Zeela, Magic Missile.

Baeloth, Sorcerer 6, 36hp. 38 kills. Quarterstaff. Sirine, Magic Missile.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Do the doppelganger assassins focus on the dukes and if so how do you keep them from both dying.

The doppes don't focus exclusively on the dukes, thankfully, but that fight was crazy-scary. There were greater doppelgängers as expected, but also a doppelgänger mage, a doppelgänger shaman, and a doppelgänger assassin. I freaked when I saw the names, and freaked again when the backstabbing assassin started one-hitting fisters. But when Sarevok started going to town on the dukes: that's when I really panicked. It was wild. Alora used a lot of invisibility potions. 

In some ways it was easier than the SCS 15 version I'm accustomed to. The dopes no longer get Haste + Mirror Image or Confusion on hit. More importantly, they attack those who attack them, and Liia is scripted to just stand there. It felt easier to protect the dukes -and easier to kill the dopes- but the assassin and the casters are huge wild cards. And then there's Sarevok, who attacks the dukes once all the dopes have fallen: That's just nuts.

Anyhoo. I'll post a detailed account of the battle later. I'm glad to see Jezebel making progress.

Best,

A. 

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Best of luck Alesia! Hope Alora does well at the end as well as in Amn...

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

CoreTalos with random party Update 2

Traveling with: Paja (Berserker), Misty (Kensai), Hanna (Sorcerer)

CoreTalos told Imoen to beat it, (after borrowing a few things from her), CoreTalos meant to do the same thing to Xzar and Montaron but misclicked and Xzar ran away...oops. We went to Lion's Way, and Paja ran for her life and got the ring and the party left, with xvarts and dire wolves trying to run us down.

The xvarts must have found us as we got into an xvart ambush - we won this time, but we guzzled all our heal potions - yikes!

We traveled via High Hedge to Beregost. We calmed Marl, got a book for Firebeard. We went to the nearby temple to identify a lightning wand we picked up off a random xvart and to get heal potions. We decided to risk the spider house, as Hanna has 3x sleep. We we did win but we had to guzzle all our blue potions again (uh oh) plus a heal from CoreTalos.

At this rate of consumption, the weight of the blue potions will be worth their weight in gold. Then the party traveled south, and used sleep on some ogrillions. We used a carefully aimed lightning bolt at the flaming fist mercenary so that Paja got a new plate mail armor. Problem though was misty was slain (not by our lightning bolt, but by the enemy weapon)...had to resurrect her at the temple. Then we headed south to Nashkel and had to end our session on the road...

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts

Jezebel the Skald.
With Imoen, Rasaad, Dorn, Neera and Baeloth. Page 11.

The bandit camp is a breeze, the smaller groups of enemies are picked off then a larger group are treated to a sleepy fireball leaving Taugosz Khosann badly wounded and susceptible to poison and flaming fist. Imoen loots every container in every tent, and the final tent sees Venkt fall to Dorn, Imoen, Neera and Baeloth as Rasaad knocks Raemon down and moves on to Hakt. Dorn chunks Britik and we are off to Cloakwood.

Imoen and Rasad wince as Aldeth Sashenstar asks Dorn for help. The half orc is laughing and about to start a bruising encounter when he catches the tail part of the request. Kill four druids - when do we start? Immediately, and a couple of rounds later we are victorious.

Cloakwood goes on and on. The next area sees Imoen removing traps before Baeloth softens up some ettercaps with fireballs. Rasaad and Dorn both save against poison to finish them off and we are soon standing outside a circular dome. Baeloth hastes us so we can have a quick look inside, and as suspected things turn nasty once inside. At least, nasty for the previous occupants and um Dorn who doesn't retreat quickly enough and is hit by two fireballs at once. Rather than heal he goes for broke with an aura of despair and the tactic works. He glances at the Spiders Bane sword but prefers his own, so I now have permanent free action while I sing.

Still more Cloakwood, Peter of the North being no trouble but a black bear almost kills Rasaad with one mighty blow. A spider ambush sees Baeloth poisoned but I cure that before it gets too serious. Even more Cloakwood sees a hamadryad caught napping by an invisible Dorn and a wyvern cave cleared almost without injury (Imoen decided for some reason to move into melee with her bow, and was lucky to only get a minor bite).

Finally we reach Cloakwood mine and observed some mercenary guards. Dorn takes the Spiders Bane sword and moves in to attack as Baeloth casts web. The battle is one-sided as three webs mount up and Dorn emerges unscathed.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

CoreTalos the cleric of Talos with random party - Update 3

Traveling with: Paja (berserker), Misty (Kensai), Hanna (sorcerer)

Coretalos and party continue to make progress. However, for quite a long time, progress was two steps forward one step back. We wanted to get the DEX gauntlets for Paja ASAP, but it took a long time, because we were constantly getting ambushed. Poor Hanna gets killed instantly by the winter wolf ambushes (hardly a surprise with her 4 HP), and got those twice. But our team takes forever to kill them, which means lots of heal potions consumed. Thus, the 1000 gold from the pelts were always used by by raising Hanna/getting more blue potions.

While Misty has only died once this run, she's come near death far more times than I can count...it's scary how fast her HP can drop since she can't wear a helmet...we did eventually get the DEX gauntlets for Paja and that helped decrease use of blue potions. Once at level 3, Misty chose dagger so she can have a range weapon, and keeping her out of melee has helped to decrease blue potion stash as well.

We managed to save Melicamp from both the wolf and his condition, which gave CoreTalos doom and another hold person - time for "Greywolf" hunting - yep doom and hold person did the job. We saved Samuel, though CoreTalos had to travel to FAI without wearing armor in order to carry Samuel without being encumbered.

Last detail is I made a rather silly blunder with Hanna - with her HP so low (7) I saw familiar and said yeah! That could help! Except little detail, she isn't protagonist, which means I just wasted a spell pick...doh!

Epsil0

Epsil0
  • Members
  • 208 posts

Yep, best of luck to all involved right now; haven't been keeping up with this recently, what with school starting up and all (and my usual problem of abandoning characters right around level 4.) I guess Lila's scripting was changed in SCS, cuz in vanilla EE, she constantly attacks and dies. Every. Single. Time.

So... Ironically, I also just finish running a Skald through EE. This run's been going on for... probably two months, with at least a month break between Nashkel and... Everything else. As such, this is going to be an initial and final post, unfortunately without any screenshots because I wasn't thinking about recording this during the run. Just in case that I somehow manage to get through Amn without any reloads...

The only mod I have is Rogue Rebalancing. Ansset the male Half-elf Skald (Props to you if you know where the name came from.) Neutral Good. Starting stats of 9/18/15/17/9/18. Initial proficiencies in crossbow and longsword. Met up with Imoen and Kivan pretty much immediately before killing Shoal for one level each; the speed that Shoal fell at astonished me, with Ansset's song basically guaranteeing a hit on a roll anything other than a 1 or a 2. Melicamp is restored to his non-chicken self, and basilisks were cleared without issue as well, though a misclick in a conversation set the wandering party away. We headed down to Nashkel, retrieved the Ankheg armor, and freed Branwen, completing my full team of 4. Fit all the things I needed: Branwen tanking and healing and minor support, Ansset singing and minor arcane spells, Imoen thieving and Kivan pumping out damage with a further +2 damage on top of the +2 from the composite longbow.

Anyways, Greywolf is encountered and defeated handily - I'm pretty sure Branwen already has AC -4 at least by this point, so I didn't even have to do any kiting like normal. This is actually important, that and Ansset's fortuitously placed proficiency in longswords... The reason being that the party of four dove into Nashkel mines immediately after, and faced problems. As in everyone else besides Ansset getting held (forgot potions of freedom...) and killed off during the fight with Mulahey. Ansset badly injured Mulahey, got him to back off while he faced the horde of ~10 kobolds and skeletons alone. Without any potions. He won... Due to that sword. Looted Branwen's body for the potions, healed, and went to finish off Mulahey... Only to face ANOTHER horde of minions. At least I had 10 healing potions this time, and easily prevailed. Then I forgot to save and my left panel disappeared, leaving me to derp out and press 'L' to try to get the panel back. Right, 'L' stood for load. (this doesn't count as a reload, right?) Brought me back to the in-between fight period after I looted the potions. And I fought and won the battle AGAIN with the exact amount of potions used. Bleh.

Compared to that fiasco, everything else went more or less smoothly; Kivan and Branwen died under Firewine to some trap or another, Imoen died to a web trap + spiders in the Red Wizard area, but nothing irreversible. Bandits were taken care of, tomes were collected (CHA, CON,) mines were flooded... Something funny happened there, actually, as I had Branwen cast the skeleton-summoning spell with the thought of making Davaeorn wasting all his dangerous area spells on it. Let it go in the fog... Then watched in disbelief at the console as the single skeleton completely murders the 6k-exp-worth mage. I had the team help out in the end when "almost-dead" Davaeorn was out of spells against a "badly injured" skeleton... But it was still hilarious.

Many minor quests were completed in Baldur's gate. Reputation sank by 10 for killing a guard protecting Skie, and then by another 6 in the fight against the assassins... And Ansset and Branwen both got confused and started shooting random bystanders... Around 7,000 gold or so was used to bring it back up to 17. Iron throne was also dicey as Branwen and Kivan died to spells after they got confused and feared (Isn't Skald's song supposed to protect against fear? It never seems to...) Imoen got stunned by a Chromatic Orb, and the last cleric managed to get a Hold Person off at Ansset. Fortunately ran far away enough that he didn't chase after landing the spell, but still. Dex and Int tomes were obtained and given to Ansset.

To Candlekeep we headed, Ansset hitting the all-important level 9 mark - now his song gives +3 THACO, +3 damage, and -3 AC as well as supposed protecting against confusion and fear. Everything was handled easily there, obtain the STR tome to use on Ansset and the Wisdom tome on Branwen. Slythe is disposed of, and his... well, idiot, to put it bluntly, wife, decides to cast Cloudkill centered on herself. She ended up killing herself with it. Dukes are saved: this is the part where things always go wrong for me, but it seems like I had good luck/planning this time. Potion of heroism on Kivan + Skald song + haste = damage. Lots of damage. Lila died as usual, but Belt survived. I rushed through the ending part and easily finished off Sarevok using the same strategy.

Sorry for the wall of disjointed story-telling/text... But those were the highlights. Here's Ansset's ending stats: 10/19/16/18/9/19, level 9 Skald at 138,468 experience. He only has 19% of total kills; Kivan took 60% of them in the end due to Ranger THACO, Composite Longbows and Ansset's song. Onto Amn, I suppose. Team built around warriors rather than spell casters? Sounds like a plan.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Congrats on your victory over Sarevok Epsil0! Good luck in Amn!

Best,

A.

Ansset the male Half-elf Skald (Props to you if you know where the name came from.)

Have you seen the film adaptation of Ender's Game yet?  ;)

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Grats on your victory Episil0!

Coretalos and gang continue to make progress, everyone is level 4 except Hanna is level 3 - missing out on the 4 winter wolf kills put her a bit behind the rest of the party in terms of experience. We have just defeated Bassilus, via berserker enrage and silence, as well as cleared out the Xvart Village to get bracers for Hanna and finally a magical melee weapon for CoreTalos. Our battle with Borda was a bit ridiculous - Hanna tanked, since with Coretalos resist fear and her own shield spell, she was immune to Borda's spells - however the party's range weapons were completely insufficient to take out Borda or even his mirror images. Eventually Borda attacked Hanna with his short sword - time for Hanna to run! Misty and Paja charged with their melee weapons, while CoreTalos continued to sling. Basically for almost 10 minutes, Hanna was running around the group, hoping her teammates would kill Borda - took surprisingly long time but the team did get it done with Hanna surviving...With Hanna's 10 sleeps, scrolls and wands, ambushes are much less of a threat, except perhaps undead ones...thinking of visiting the valley of the tombs for a magical melee weapon for Hanna, not that we really want her in melee...

What's funny is we used the same strategy for Nimbul, Hanna protected by shield and resist fear tanking with her 10 HP against Nimbul...What's even funnier is none of the party hit Nimbul through his mirror images, but Hanna with her mage Thac0 got a critical with her plain dagger for 14 damage and then a normal hit for 8 damage (through Nimbul's mirror images) slaying him. I don't think I've seen a level 3 mage using an unenchanted dagger while unbuffed for Thac0 hit so hard...you see something new everyday I guess...

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Let's hope that you get the opportunity to see the Slayer emerge from Ansset's sub-conscious!

Epsil0

Epsil0
  • Members
  • 208 posts

... I didn't even think about that certain aspect of Ansset when I created the character. Now I can just imagine it: Bodhi grinning sneakily and saying, "Sweet Songbird, let Mikal drink deeply" before Ansset turns into the Slayer.

How is a mage hitting for 8 damage with a plain dagger? Shouldn't it be 1d4 + Str? Was a Strength spell active on her, or...? Is Hanna just THAT good? Good luck with that random team of four; concerning the wolves, did you ever collect the Belt of Antipode from Gorion's body? The immunity to cold makes Winter wolves nothing more than cannon fodder, no matter how long it takes to actually kill them.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

... I didn't even think about that certain aspect of Ansset when I created the character. Now I can just imagine it: Bodhi grinning sneakily and saying, "Sweet Songbird, let Mikal drink deeply" before Ansset turns into the Slayer.

How is a mage hitting for 8 damage with a plain dagger? Shouldn't it be 1d4 + Str? Was a Strength spell active on her, or...? Is Hanna just THAT good? Good luck with that random team of four; concerning the wolves, did you ever collect the Belt of Antipode from Gorion's body? The immunity to cold makes Winter wolves nothing more than cannon fodder, no matter how long it takes to actually kill them.

If you recall, Nimbul always has his throwing axes equipped, so Hanna got the +4 damage and +4 to hit for him having a range weapon equipped when in melee. There no belt of antipode in vanilla EasyTutu, which is what I am playing. And no, she had no melee affecting buffs (or equipment for that matter) active, just a plain 1D4 dagger, and her STR doesn't get any bonus I think, it's 15 I think.

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts

The opposition on upper levels of Durlag's Tower was fried with Agannazar's Scorchers without any issues. The Tome of Understanding wasn't randomised and we looted Leather Armor +3 alone with it. The Ghost was skipped for now and we decided to confront Kirinhale instead of brother looter Riggilo this time. That was a complete fiasco... She is just unbeatable... At least at our current levels/resources. She immediately Dire Charmed both Imoen (who talked with her) and Khalid (who was ready to shoot her with Acid arrows) in one single round (I think, this is her *at will* ability). Then she started to suck Khalid's health quite confidently. When Khalid was at around 20 hp left Impish Face drank our sole Potion of Clarity and cast invisibility on Khalid. Fortunately Kirinhale switched her attention on Impish Face even though Khalid immediately broke his invisibility by attacking me. And then began a long fruitless duel between Kirinhale and Impish Face. He use some valuable potions (of Strength, Speed, Heroism) but all in vain. She is just invincible - 100% resistance to Fire and Electricity, magic resistance (which foiled Wand of Frost blasts) and insane regeneration (from badly wounded from crit for 35 hp to uninjured in one or two seconds). And went etherial at the end of every round. Looks like she must be demolished in one single round or it's just impossible. After 5! turns of fruitless challenge (duration of Potion of Clarity) we just gave up... We are in dire need of Greenstone Amulet to protect more than one melee character and we will return once we'll get it, of that I swear!

We sold some loot to Erdane and descended into the underground levels of the Tower.

to be continued...

• corey_russell likes this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

CoreTalos the Priest of Talos Update 5

Traveling with: Paja (level 5 berserker), Misty (level 5 Kensai), Hanna (level 4 sorcerer)

CoreTalos and gang make good progress. We cleared the Valley of the Tombs with no deaths. Amazon assassins dealt with via 2 webs and ranged fire, Narcillus dealt with with ranged fire and a potion of explosions, then melee on jellies, though Hanna stayed out of it, since a single hit would kill her. Strangely, the jellies failed to land even one hit the entire fight. Tombs cleared out via undead scroll from High Hedge.

Sendai and her archer buddies defeated by 2x web and some hold persons and ranged fire. Nearby Zax and Val also defeated. Coretalos protected himself then used a bolt of lightning on Val - he protected Paja with boots of grounding, so that way it was OK if she got hit. This worked well. Sadly, no one will use the bracers of archery, so ended up selling it. We need 25000 gold for Hanna's robe, so lots of adventure still required...

Party Status:

Paja, 31 HP, MPV Revenant, 187 kills

Misty, 46 HP, MPV Winter Wolf, 99 kills

CoreTalos, 38 HP, MPV Mustard Jelly, 86 kills

Hanna, 11 HP, MPV Ankheg, 63 kills

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Gate70/Grond0 multiplayer attempt 40 - (1st and only update)
Anon, gnome illusionist (Grond0) & Jhak, half-elf fighter / mage / thief (Gate70)

I've been trying and failing for a while to post on the new forums.  They don't seem to like my computer using Internet Explorer, so I've resorted to Chrome for now.  As a result of the delays associated with that this sad tale actually occurred some days ago.

This pairing moved smoothly through the opening stages of the run before going to the basilisk area.  There were initial problems when they failed to rest several times and Jhak finally died to an ambushing Flind.  However, they were eventually put back together and ready to start on the basilisks.  Jhak used his own spell to provide protection from petrification and started meleeing the southern group.  They proved uncooperative though by switching to melee attacks themselves and Jhak attracted the attention of some gnolls while running away from them.  The time spent dealing with that meant that the last basilisk was still just alive as Jhak moved in for the kill - only to make a brief cracking sound as he realised his spell protection had worn off.  Meanwhile Anon had been moving in from the other direction to support Jhak's attack with ranged fire.  He just had time to realise that Jhak was no longer a target, but not enough time to run out of sight before the basilisk turned his gaze on him.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Gate70/Grond0 multiplayer attempt 41 - (update 1)
Melody, half-elf skald (Grond0) & Forma, half-elf avenger (Gate70)

Our latest lambs to the slaughter have had a couple of sessions and are well under way, having just completed the Nashkel mines.

The availability of web to avengers has made a lot of encounters extremely easy - Kirian's party for instance failing to move after being inundated with 5 of them.  However, there have been a few occasions when enemies have broken free unexpectedly and caused trouble.  That was the case with Mulahey for instance - he was able to shrug off the first round of a wand scorcher to cast rigid thinking on Melody, but she saved and Mulahey died from the follow-up scorcher damage.

There have been 2 deaths for Forma so far.  The first was when he was a bit slow running from an ogre berserker that ambushed while we were trying to rest.  The second was while taking on Silke.  She acted pretty meanly - initially by diving into the inn to hide from attacks.  When we followed her in invisibly she managed to cast a lightning bolt on Forma despite being hit by a wand scorcher and a chromatic orb.  Fortunately Forma just died from the immediate damage (as opposed to just surviving and then being chunked by the rebounding bolt)
Silkelightning.jpg
Stats:
Melody, skald 6, 34 HPs, 113 kills
Forma, avenger 6, 48 HPs, 41 kills, 2 deaths 

Charlestonian Knight Templar

• Members
  • 981 posts

I'm having a heck of a time posting the latest adventures of Mordred to the Forum.

I type my posts up in Word & use Image Shack for my images. 

I'm tryin' like heck to 'copy & paste' & drag in the URL for an image using the tools provided on toolbar. 

I've tried to figure out how to use the Copy & Paste & Image tools above to not avail. 

Hate to be the dumbest person in the room but can I request some adult supervision from the group?

Thanks, CKT 

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

I've had the same problem CKT.  I still haven't been able to get posting to work reasonably using Internet Explorer, but Chrome looks like it works.  Perhaps you could experiment with a different browser?

• Members
  • 981 posts

After finishing up in Lion’s Way, I led three of my four servants to Beregost. I had to raise my Assassin who had taken an inconvenient dirt nap the Coast Way. While in Beregost I met a Dwarven Berserker who needed help tracking down a caravan he’d been paid to protect that had gone missing. I immediately praised Asmodeus as I knew I could use the stocky little runt as a Lieutenant of sorts. I led my servants, now five of them, back to Coast Way where I killed Kobolds, Xvarts, Dire Wolves, Wolves, Kobolds, & Bandits (picked up eight Bandit Scalps) and an Ogre.  While there though, that little ******-ant Assassin & his pet Necromancer suddenly up & bolted for Nashkel.  It happened so fast I didn't have time to smash the ungrateful little turd…which may work out because I plan to snatch him back into my service when I get there. I found my Dwarven Berserkers' caravan & killed three bandits & their leader w/o any of the three of us taking a scratch. Unfortunately for the Dwarven Berserker, the son of the Duke of Baldur’s Gate was dead. Praise Asmodeus that b/c of that the Berserker will now accompany me as my Lieutenant & personal guard permanently.

kjxg.png

ONE DEAD MOUTHY BANDIT LEADER & HER BABY BANDITS!

Before I left Coast Way I went back to Lion’s Way to finish off the two Dire Wolves that I’d seen earlier. I’d made a note in my head, or maybe it was Asmodeus leading my footsteps, but it was worth the trip. Instead of two Dire Wolves I found four. As a result of that relatively easy battle both my Berserker & my Herald & Bard increased in skill there. 

I felt led to go to the Friendly Arm Inn so I went there w/o any trouble on the roads. Upon arriving, I was attacked by another Assassin, this one a Mage. I cast Aura of Despair & Doom @ him while my Bard tried unsuccessfully to cast Sleep. As I was charging up the steps to finish him, my Lieutenant & Berserker cut him almost in a quarter from head & shoulder to sternum.  Later, I led my men out to kill a squad of Hobgoblins that were outside the walls of the FAI. I wouldn't have known they were there save that some wench in an outer building of the keep told me I’d find them there & asked me to return a ​Flame-dance Ring they'd stolen from her. In killing them I picked up a few gems & returning hers, instead of selling it must have been a diabolical strategic move designed to improve my reputation b/c it did. After that, I received a request from a Gnome I met @ the Inn that that her home in Beregost was infested w/spiders. She offered a reward so I smashed them for her & returned for my fruitful payment.

Key Event:  Every time I've been to Beregost, I've seen a Rogue outside the Burning Wizard & a woman w/a Q-staff outside the Red Sheaf. I finally questioned the rogue. He said his mistress was in need of protection from some thugs & offered me 300gp. I took it, & killed them as I was hired to do.  Then, I felt led by Asmodeus to destroy her.  Praise him for leading me to do so as she had a +1 Bastard Sword on her & Bracers of Archery.

Treasure of Note: Bastard Sword +1 (Me); Bracers of Archery (Bard); Scrolls of Armor (2), Magic Missile, Chromatic orb, Mirror Image (Bard) ; Broach of Eddard Silvershield?

Current Disposition:   Resting in Beregost @ the Red Sheaf

Next Steps: I feel led to head west to this High Hedge that I learned of from Rachel @ The Temple of the Morning

Level Up: My lord Asmodeus has been please to make me a Malefactor (Fighter/Anti-Paladin/3) & I have learned to use a Flail. Shortly afterward, my Berserker increased his lethality & is now a Fighter (Berserker/3) & increased his proficiency w/the Axe; my Herald became a Skald (Bard/4) & he memorized the spell Mirror Image as his first 2nd Level Spell 

Current Party: (Reputation: 5 - Disliked)
Mordred:  Fighter (Blk Gd)/3; Plate Mail w/Lg Shld, +1 B/Swd**, Flail* (SSS**)              

Kagain: Fighter (Bkr)/3; Splint Mail w/B/Axe*** & T/Axe**
Eldoth: Bard/4; Chain Mail, Sh/Bow* & Brazers of Archery, Dgr* (Armor, Sleep, Mirror Image)

Mods Used: HardTimes-v2; BG1UB_v12; bg1npc-v20; X0black101 (Blackguard); MegaModKits v1.01L; level1npcs-v1.9; bg2_tweaks-v14; Randomizer-v68; scs-v21 (- Tactical Challenges)

Reloads: 0

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Gate70/Grond0 multiplayer attempt 41 - (2nd and final update)
Melody, half-elf skald (Grond0) & Forma, half-elf avenger (Gate70)

Our recent poor form continued with yet another death in the first couple of minutes of a session.  Travelling through the Cloakwood, Forma summoned a pair of nymphs to play with the hamadryad.  One was charmed and the other held and the hamadryad switched her attention to Melody - successfully holding her as well.  Forma tried frying her with call lightning only to find she was immune to that.  He then attempted to use improved invisibility on Melody.  However, hamadryads clearly do considerably more damage in melee than their sirine cousins and Melody expired before the invisibility could take effect.

MP41death.jpg

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts

Jezebel the Skald.
With Imoen, Rasaad, Dorn, Neera and Baeloth. Page 12.

With 5 companions I decide we should loot everything that isn't a fixture in Cloakwood Mine. Imoen sets to work on locks with relish while Baeloth uses invisibility 10' to allow us to rest in safety. Dorn and Rasaad are potent frontliners while Imoen is backing them up with her bow. I'm singing away, telling Neera and Baeloth to only get involved if necessary. There are a couple of occasions where we have to rest but Hareishan, Natasha and the ogre mage jailor have all fallen before us. On to the final section of the mine.

Imoen has cleared 4 traps, only to discover Davaeorn has enhanced his lair with a 5th. Jezebel heals the worst of the glyph damage then Imoen and Rasaad position themselves. Baeloth hastes the rest of us as Dorn poisons his Rancor blade and attacks. Neera and Baeloth use Magic Missiles to reduce the number of mirror images and Dorn gratefully accepts the improved odds.
Baldr012.png

It could be a bad day for Simmeon.
Baldr014.png

Or maybe it won't be a bad day for him. Rasaad sneaks in for a look and gets caught up in a cutscene. He retreats half way back to the party as I move towards him, neither of us in control of our bodies...

Simmeon and Dorn start to shout at each other, one past Quayle while the other is still by the Flaming Fist guard on the bridge.  After their shouting concludes we can finally move. I start to sing as Baeloth casts haste on the six of us and Dorn applies poison to his blade. Two thralls of Azothet awaits us, with Simmeon, a priest and a mage.

Dorn is charmed or dominated as he kills the mage (Sheila) so Baeloth casts dispel then Glitterdust. Dorn immediately attacks Simmeon as a badly wounded Rasaad glugs a healing potion and switches to the priest who is healing enemies. Both these foes fall together and we switch to one thrall as the other moves away. It is immune to non-magical weapons and has magic resistance so Neera and Baeloth switch to staves as Imoen opts for a shortsword and Rasaad the Dagger of Venom. Imoen claims the kill with her first strike and Dorn chases after the second thrall which appears to have been blinded by Baeloth and Glitterdust.

Only Rasaad has been injured from the battle (screenshot at end with the 1 potion consumed)
Baldr015.png

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts

Jezebel the Skald.
With Imoen, Rasaad, Dorn, Neera and Baeloth. Page 13.

As we explore the city of Baldur's Gate a Dark Moon Monk interrupts us (this part didn't activate in my previous BG:EE run and was the main point of what I wanted to achieve here). The three monks are soon dead and a note suggests we should head to the Blade and Stars inn. We've just come from there but back we go...

Sorrem spills his guts and the Seven Suns building is revealed as a trap with the cult really operating out of the Cloud Peak mountains. Rasaad is ready to head there now but Dorn and I are made of darker stuff and wish to see this trap in detail. Unfortunately, with the death of Sorrem there is nothing unusual there (other than the doppelgangers which are quickly put to the sword).

At the Cloud Peak mountains we rescue some rejected Dark Moon applicants but they are killed as we fight off trolls. Dorn is killed by the fourth troll so we return to Nashkel and get him breathing again before heading back.

Only a few monks remain and don't last long. Rasaad wants to sneak in to the final area but I'm wary of cutscenes and suggest we go prepared. Rasaad turns out to be unprepared for what is next; his brother.

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum, though have read a lot on here.
I'll be be posting in this thread about the adventures of my halfling Bounty Huntress Nelsy Brightweather. Have been posting on baldursgate-forums, but I haven't gotten much attention there. I hope you people on here are more interested in my no-reload "experiment".
Before I start,is it possible to upload images directly on here? Or do I have to link to them?