Selune so he was a strong figure w/his spellbook but not so much as a Cleric. We agreed to help him & he gave us a Wolfsbane Amulet to aid us. We headed to our resting place but we were approached by a woman who claimed her son was killed by the beasts. Everyone’s sixth sense was up this time as we followed her northwest until she stopped. Sure enough, her son was a Large Wolfwere & she was of the regular size. We were ready for the ambush & we killed them quickly. Blessedly, it was @ this moment that Branwen was suddenly bathed in a blinding light…Tempus has made her a High Priestess. This gave her the spell Raise Dead so after a rest we were back in business when Branwen raised Quayle to us. After that, we killed another six Wolfwere in miscellaneous encounters…
Key Event: …& then entered the ship & we were all right in thinking it would be a beehive. The Orloc Deck contained a Wolfwere w/two Vampiric Wolves, two Dread Wolves, two Dire Wolves, two Worgs & two Wolves. I think that was the count anyway. Afterward, we rested just outside near the bow of the ship to watch the entrance for Wolfwere, Wolves, et al., that might return but none did. After resting the Orloc Deck was empty so we moved up to the Lower Deck where the where we battled w/two Huge Wolfwere, five Wolfwere & two Vampiric Wolves. But these fights were hard so we were forced to rest again in the same location. Next it was upward to the Middle Deck where the encounter was the same: two Huge Wolfwere, five Wolfwere & two Vampiric Wolves &, once again we were beat up enough that we were tired, cut up & had cast spells in the battle so we needed rest before heading upward to the Upper Deck. When we finally decided to go up another level, we encountered Karoug, his lover (a human mage) & another Wolfwere. We drew them down to the Orloc Deck & outside…& they came. The female mage went down easily & then it was a Wolfwere & a massive Greater Wolfwere (Karoug). The Wolfwere was tougher than normal b/c Karoug was tearing @ us too. Focusing on killing one @ a time we finally killed the ‘lesser’ of the two & then spent an eternity trying to kill Karoug. Ajantis, Branwen, Minsc & I all had to back off & heal @ one time or another while the other three continued the attack. Imoen cast innate Magic Missiles before switching to Arrows of Biting while Quale cast everything he could dish out. Finally, with the aid of the Wolfsbane Charm I landed a crushing blow that killed him. We found Balduran’s Logbook that Mendas wanted & The Sword of Balduran, a wicked sword for fighting Lycanthrope.
ONE CUT, 50 HPS DAMAGE & KNIGHTHOOD
We returned to south side of the island to bring the happy news to Kaishas & the villagers. Instead she dropped the news that we’d contracted Lycanthrope & were now welcome in the village…but she was taking the sea charts & leaving. Her advisor suddenly turned into a Werewolf and attacked us after arguing w/Kaishas that we shouldn’t be allowed to stay, that we weren’t like them. Luckily, Werewolves are a lot easier, I mean a lot easier, to deal w/than Wolfwere so we killed him w/ease only to find an entire village of full of Werewolves waiting for us when we left the building. Everyone we met immediately shape changed into a Werewolf & attacked us. We started killing them as they changed & killed everyone in the village we could find finishing w/25 Werewolf kills. Dradeel suddenly appeared & directed us to a secret door that led to a cave complex that he said would lead us to the ship & Kaishas. He warned us that the tunnels were dangerous & sure enough we had to kill 12 more Werewolves before finding a beach….& the ship. There we found Kaishas & thought maybe we could leave together but she turned into a Loup Garou & attacked us. We killed her, grabbed the sea charts & boarded the ship, sans a crew. Together we got the ship, somehow, to Ulgoth’s Beard where we were met by Mendas’ assistant who was angry when we didn’t return w/Kaishas. He said Mendas was going to be upset but I couldn’t see how, I brought him the Logbook as he paid me to do. Turns out he was very pissed b/c he turned out to be Kaishas husband & his name wasn’t Mendas but Saleed Gan & he too was a Loup Garou & his partner, a Huge Werewolf. My retinue & I were fed up w/Lycanthrope & people changing into Wolfwere & Werewolves & these two didn’t stand a chance. We smashed the huge one first & crushed the Loup Garou. We cleaned out his treasure & headed for the inn. Finally!
Treasure of Note: (Purse =11,722 gold) Armor/Weapons: Sword of Balduran; Wolfsbane Charm; Gems/Jewelry/Gold: 980 GP; Pearl Necklace; 423 GP; ; Pearl x4; 308 GP; Moonbar Gym; 100 GP; Potions: Speed; Scrolls:
Current Disposition: Spending a last night @ the Inn in Ulgoth’s Beard
Next Steps: I’m leading us back to Baldur’s Gate…it’s time I faced my accusers!
· Branwen’s God, Tempus, has endowed her w/greater power making her a High Priestess of Tempus (Cleric/9) & added another Command, a second Silence 15’ Radius & Raise Dead to her already available spells. She immediately Raised Quayle back to our company.
· Imoen, out from under the umbrella of her Charming Rogue’s Guild, continues to hone her skills & is now more skilled than many Guildmaster’s/mistresses at Thief/11. She’s added a 3rdSet Snare & increased her primary Thieving Skills to Find/Remove Traps & Open Locks @ 100% & Move/Silently & Hide in Shadow @ 73% & 87% (w/her Shadow Armor).
· Gawain: After the mission, I was @ Ulgoth’s Beard when that mysterious stranger from a while back, the one w/the skins & leather garments w/a scraggly beard, gently woke me while the others were sleeping. He led me out of Ulgoth’s Beard Inn. Even the innkeeper & a sole drunken commoner had dozed off so we headed outside unnoticed. Around the side of the inn in the darkness was another man, a knight w/a huge shield, I could make out the outline of a dragon on it. I was wide awake but I felt no fear, no alarm. The first, man, introduced the other as Arthur. Arthur spoke softly & told me he’d been keeping tabs on my travels & my actions which he described a Chivalrous. Arthur said he needed men like me & wanted to honor me. He asked me to kneel & I found myself doing so. He knighted me but was guarded about the service required of me. He said when the time was right, he would call for my service. Until then, he said, “continue being a knight, Chivalrous & true. At the time, I couldn’t remember the place the unkempt, mage-like man had mentioned to me the first time I saw him @ the Red Sheaf…later I remembered it was Camelot. I am now a Lord (Fighter/9). My retinue somehow knew the next morning, without knowing anything about my encounter w/Arthur, they began to refer to me as, Sir Gawain!
SIR GAWAIN RECORD
SIR GAWAIN INVENTORY
Current Party: (Reputation: 20 – Heroic)
· Gawain: Ftr/9; HP105; Full Plate w/Large Shield +2, Cloak of Protection +2, Helm of Defense, Boots of Grounding, Girdle of Bluntness, Rings of Fire Resistance & Free Action; Sword of Balduran; Bastard Sword +1/+3****, Mace +2, (SSS**) (Demon Knight)
· Imoen: Thief (Charming Rogue/11); HP48; Shadow Armor, Cloak of Non-Detection & Gandolar’s Lucky Ring w/Short Bow*, Short Sword +1* Dagger +1*, (Andris)(Thief Def)
· Minsc: Fighter (Barbarian/8); HP68; Splint Mai w/Boots of Avoidance, Girdle of Bluntness &Spiders Bane***, Flail 1 x x2/THWS**(Spellcaster Defend)(Davaeorn)
· Quayle: Mage (Illusionist/9); HP20; Bracers of Defense AC6, Sling* & Dagger +2*, Ring of Energy, Necklace of Missiles, (Chess Queen)(Wizard Defensive)
· Branwen: Cleric (Priestess of Tempus/9): HP52; Full Plate +1 (Plate of the Dark) w/Large Shield +1, Gauntlet’s of Dexterity, Kiel’s Helmet & Mace +1*; Warhammer*; (SSS*);(Fuernebol)(Cleric Aggressive)
· Ajantis: Fighter/(Paladin/8); HP47; Full Plate w/Medium Shield, Boots of the North & Wolfsbane Amulet; L/Sword +1** x2, Mace** (SSS**)(Sirine Queen) (Paladin )
Mods Used: HardTimes-v2; BG1UB_v12; bg1npc-v20; X0black101 (Blackguard); MegaModKits v1.01L; level1npcs-v1.9; bg2_tweaks-v14; Randomizer-v68; scs-v21 (- Tactical Challenges)
Blue Font: New information;
Red Font: Monster encounters (first use)
(Best kill)(Current AI)
* Name Levels are ancient, AD&D titles that used to represent each new level in a class