Photo

Baldur's Gate 1 No-Reload Challenge

• Please log in to reply
16394 replies to this topic

Matuse73

Matuse73
  • Members
  • 42 posts

didn't yet return the bowl to priestess (she uses Hold, which would very likely kill Khale).

Erm? If you're returning the bowl to her (ie: you already have the bowl) then there won't be any fight at all.

Unless EE changes it, her first cast isn't hold, it's entangle. It only takes 1-2 hits for her to duck out of combat. My biggest problem is accidently killing her before she restarts the conversation (or worse, having an arrow in-flight when she pauses, and then turns aggro again because the arrow hits her after the pause).

The demoness charming us gave Eren some trouble.. And what can I do with her hair, you guys know?

If you kill Kirinhale, then the hair is useless. There's a quest attached to it where she wants to escape the tower and the hair is part of that.

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Erm? If you're returning the bowl to her (ie: you already have the bowl) then there won't be any fight at all.

Unless EE changes it, her first cast isn't hold, it's entangle. It only takes 1-2 hits for her to duck out of combat. My biggest problem is accidently killing her before she restarts the conversation (or worse, having an arrow in-flight when she pauses, and then turns aggro again because the arrow hits her after the pause).

With SCS no priest will ever cast Entangle (it's them who usually get stuck in it :D, so it's kind of silly to use it ). It happens to me as well that she gets killed. Not all is lost,  you still get AC7 bracers. :P

Anyhow, Khale, 2nd BG1 update

I'm doing this run in a very speedy manner. I've also changed my original party plan. Only Edwin will join Khale in BG1. Be that as it may, this session saw the end of Mutamin via poison arrows 

9_zps9yj7xcsu.jpg

Some ugly times vs Kirian's group, all potions spent.

10_zpsyauvjchj.jpg

Only to see her drink an invisibility potion and dissapear - forever. :blink:

11_zpsbnvsmowm.jpg

Next, Nashkel. (This would be about time to do that Bassilus quest - I never did actually).

Edwin is joined. With two powerful wands, battles go quickly now.

12_zpshaqbmzl9.jpg

13_zpspl3nfpqo.jpg

14_zpsggog8ho5.jpg

Mulahey was slain with a pre-set Skull trap for his summons and a Flame Arrow for him. The amazons group was surprisingly annoying to deal with. This is the closest Khale came to dying (Edwin is, as you can see - very liberal in use of Fireballs and Skull traps :D )

15_zpss5rx7mw2.jpg

This is where sheer luck saved Edwin from a possible chunk-backstab. The assassin close to him was invisible, but got through Scorcher ray and died.

16_zpsh6ija6sn.jpg

Bandit camp - invisibility, take letter, potion of invisibility, done.

17_zpsneuwr0te.jpg  

We do things invisible now. Since we're only two, I don't even want too much XP in BG1. I don't use a cap, but dislike over 300k.

Davaeorn must be slain ofc. This was rather longish endeavor. He spent his Sunfires around aimlessly, but then "dissapeared" near the wall. This makes him completely untargetable, as if he doesn't exist. Edwin had to turn visible and throw a Fireball in the area so he moves away.

18_zpsatuyhcyn.jpg

Him and Davaeorn had a brief discussion over who can throw Magic missiles better - Edwin lost. 

19_zpseujcmzd7.jpg

And that was it.

20_zps9c0ofzae.jpg

Reputation hit 18 when speaking to the slave outside, I went to Carneval area and killed the guy who sells those 25 str potions. Dropped by 9.

Now, to city. Nothing much of interest, Iron Throne was done invisibly, the only bump we had was Ramazith due to a critical miss - I removed Edwin from the area and had Khale deal with him. Bastard summoned shadows which have that annoying strenght drain. All was fine, regardless.

21_zpscsunnls5.jpg

In Candlekeep, we kill Throne bunch. One Chaos (2 unaffected), 2x Wand of Paralyzation (all affected by something now).

22_zpswvi2mjik.jpg

Prat, spiders, dopes and whatever else in catacombs was skipped completely with invisibility. We're now en route back to BG, and Sarevok will (very likely, but odd things can happen :) ) die this evening.

• Charlestonian Knight Templar, Dyara and Golden28 like this

Golden28

Golden28
  • Members
  • 277 posts
Update 6: Eren the Unbroken, Berserker(/Cleric bg2)

I decided to take on the eight! Here we go!
For RP purposes I wouldnt buff. I never do when it is unlikely our team would KNOW a fight would come. When they challenge us its web, dispel, firebomb and enraged minsc + sword of free action. The fight is on!

Schermafdruk%202015-03-18%2015.11.29_zps

Minsc gets hammered by Zalimar who does good damage (btw 'Zalimar Cloudwulfe'.. awesome name), Dynaheir gets a lethal flamestrike in her face. Tiax gets.. I cant remember, I think it was flame arrow followed by a backstab..
Eren and poisonous Dorn mop up foes left and right, Branwens dispel gets the mages, and with some trouble, we finish the fight..

Schermafdruk%202015-03-18%2015.18.06_zps

We get transported to Candlekeep, and get ambushed by ogre-magi. Dorn's poison is so good against mages!.. Eren's enrage gets him out of harms way while he pummels them.
Schermafdruk%202015-03-18%2015.56.57_zps

Eren's records:
Schermafdruk%202015-03-18%2016.19.21_zps

Who the hell is this dude??
Schermafdruk%202015-03-18%2016.15.04_zps

Eren took his helm of in the library, good manners :P. btw u guys know what I can do with this telescope?
Schermafdruk%202015-03-18%2016.13.03_zps

Cheers!

• Charlestonian Knight Templar, Aasim, Blackraven and 1 other like this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

@Golden28: If you are talking about the telescope from the Hall of Wonders, the gnome in Elfsong Tavern wants it.

• Golden28 likes this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Khale, 3rd and final BG1 update

Back in the city, we're swift as usual. Barbarian has zero problems with Slythe, but Krystin refused to fail any saves vs Edwin's Wand. I spent all charges left on her, she wouldn't fail. Meh - I still have one more Paralyzation wand from Ramazith's Tower, but I refused to waste it on her. We left her there.

23_zpse3uywqjj.jpg

Dopes - Chaos left all but Shaman operational, and he was demolished with Flame Arrows.

24_zps7kozat2w.jpg

25_zpsgavast6w.jpg

Sarevok

This was the single bad moment, when malisoned Khale had to make a breath save while malisoned vs Glitterdust (it not only reveals invisible, it prevents any further attempts at turning invisible).

26_zps8af6z6hm.jpg

Well, but of luck here, but I doubt it would make a major difference.

27_zpssig0mbdw.jpg

Edwin had gained level 9 in the maze. In his world, this means quite a few level 5 spells. Cloudkill was the choice (I really wanted a fast run through BG1).

He threw three of them at the enemy group, then excercized Paralyzation wand on Angelo. It took 3 attempts, but it worked.

28_zpstizsaz74.jpg

29_zpshs2exa2h.jpg

Semaj and Tazok died to posionus cloud. Sarevok and Diramid are immune, but that's fine. It's time to put MS wand to good use now. I got wolves on the first attempt, and gnolls on 2nd summoning. They chopped Diramid!

30_zps92lafybp.jpg

Killed the skeleton, summon more (Ogres, yey!), and then it was done.

31_zpsm52sazs8.jpg

Khale will enter BG2 part soon.

As a sidenote - in this run, I've never visited Durlags, haven't bought Greenstone, haven't killed 3 sirens in the area where Shoal is, haven't killed Bassilus, and thinking of it now - haven't picked up any of WIS tomes and DEX tome.

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Congrats Aasim!
Solid as rock, and a new speed record? 

Interesting that you didn't pick up the Tomes, powergamey as I am I wouldn't easily forget to do that.

• Golden28 likes this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Congrats Aasim!
Solid as rock, and a new speed record? 

Interesting that you didn't pick up the Tomes, powergamey as I am I wouldn't easily forget to do that.

Hardly a speed record, I think Grond0 is undisputed there.  :)

I did remember, I didn't bother. CON and STR were obtained, they're the only ones that matter. And INT for Edwin.

• Golden28 likes this

Charlestonian Knight Templar

Charlestonian Knight Templar
  • Members
  • 981 posts

Selune so he was a strong figure w/his spellbook but not so much as a Cleric. We agreed to help him & he gave us a Wolfsbane Amulet to aid us. We headed to our resting place but we were approached by a woman who claimed her son was killed by the beasts. Everyone’s sixth sense was up this time as we followed her northwest until she stopped. Sure enough, her son was a Large Wolfwere & she was of the regular size. We were ready for the ambush & we killed them quickly. Blessedly, it was @ this moment that Branwen was suddenly bathed in a blinding light…Tempus has made her a High Priestess.  This gave her the spell Raise Dead so after a rest we were back in business when Branwen raised Quayle to us.  After that, we killed another six Wolfwere in miscellaneous encounters… 

Key Event: …& then entered the ship & we were all right in thinking it would be a beehive. The Orloc Deck contained a Wolfwere w/two Vampiric Wolves, two Dread Wolves, two Dire Wolves, two Worgs & two Wolves. I think that was the count anyway. Afterward, we rested just outside near the bow of the ship to watch the entrance for Wolfwere, Wolves, et al., that might return but none did. After resting the Orloc Deck was empty so we moved up to the Lower Deck where the where we battled w/two Huge Wolfwere, five Wolfwere & two Vampiric Wolves. But these fights were hard so we were forced to rest again in the same location. Next it was upward to the Middle Deck where the encounter was the same: two Huge Wolfwere, five Wolfwere & two Vampiric Wolves &, once again we were beat up enough that we were tired, cut up & had cast spells in the battle so we needed rest before heading upward to the Upper Deck. When we finally decided to go up another level, we encountered Karoug, his lover (a human mage) & another Wolfwere. We drew them down to the Orloc Deck & outside…& they came. The female mage went down easily & then it was a Wolfwere & a massive Greater Wolfwere (Karoug). The Wolfwere was tougher than normal b/c Karoug was tearing @ us too. Focusing on killing one @ a time we finally killed the ‘lesser’ of the two & then spent an eternity trying to kill Karoug. Ajantis, Branwen, Minsc & I all had to back off & heal @ one time or another while the other three continued the attack. Imoen cast innate Magic Missiles before switching to Arrows of Biting while Quale cast everything he could dish out.  Finally, with the aid of the Wolfsbane Charm I landed a crushing blow that killed him.  We found Balduran’s Logbook that Mendas wanted & The Sword of Balduran, a wicked sword for fighting Lycanthrope.

3007971da97a769692927b010ed593.jpg
ONE CUT, 50 HPS DAMAGE & KNIGHTHOOD

We returned to south side of the island to bring the happy news to Kaishas & the villagers. Instead she dropped the news that we’d contracted Lycanthrope & were now welcome in the village…but she was taking the sea charts & leaving.  Her advisor suddenly turned into a Werewolf and attacked us after arguing w/Kaishas that we shouldn’t be allowed to stay, that we weren’t like them. Luckily, Werewolves are a lot easier, I mean a lot easier, to deal w/than Wolfwere so we killed him w/ease only to find an entire village of full of Werewolves waiting for us when we left the building. Everyone we met immediately shape changed into a Werewolf & attacked us.  We started killing them as they changed & killed everyone in the village we could find finishing w/25 Werewolf kills. Dradeel suddenly appeared & directed us to a secret door that led to a cave complex that he said would lead us to the ship & Kaishas.  He warned us that the tunnels were dangerous & sure enough we had to kill 12 more Werewolves before finding a beach….& the ship. There we found Kaishas & thought maybe we could leave together but she turned into a Loup Garou & attacked us.  We killed her, grabbed the sea charts & boarded the ship, sans a crew.  Together we got the ship, somehow, to Ulgoth’s Beard where we were met by Mendas’ assistant who was angry when we didn’t return w/Kaishas. He said Mendas was going to be upset but I couldn’t see how, I brought him the Logbook as he paid me to do.  Turns out he was very pissed b/c he turned out to be Kaishas husband & his name wasn’t Mendas but Saleed Gan & he too was a Loup Garou & his partner, a Huge Werewolf. My retinue & I were fed up w/Lycanthrope & people changing into Wolfwere & Werewolves & these two didn’t stand a chance. We smashed the huge one first & crushed the Loup Garou.  We cleaned out his treasure & headed for the inn.  Finally!

Treasure of Note: (Purse =11,722 gold) Armor/Weapons: Sword of Balduran; Wolfsbane Charm; Gems/Jewelry/Gold: 980 GP; Pearl Necklace; 423 GP; ; Pearl x4; 308 GP; Moonbar Gym; 100 GP; Potions: Speed; Scrolls:

Current DispositionSpending a last night @ the Inn in Ulgoth’s Beard 

Next Steps:   I’m leading us back to Baldur’s Gate…it’s time I faced my accusers!

Level Up

·         Branwen’s God, Tempus, has endowed her w/greater power making her a High Priestess of Tempus (Cleric/9) & added another Command, a second Silence 15’ Radius & Raise Dead to her already available spells. She immediately Raised Quayle back to our company. 

·         Imoenout from under the umbrella of her Charming Rogue’s Guild, continues to hone her skills & is now more skilled than many Guildmaster’s/mistresses at Thief/11.  She’s added a 3rdSet Snare & increased her primary Thieving Skills to Find/Remove Traps & Open Locks @ 100% & Move/Silently & Hide in Shadow @ 73% & 87% (w/her Shadow Armor).

·         Gawain: After the mission, I was @ Ulgoth’s Beard when that mysterious stranger from a while back, the one w/the skins & leather garments w/a scraggly beard, gently woke me while the others were sleeping. He led me out of Ulgoth’s Beard Inn. Even the innkeeper & a sole drunken commoner had dozed off so we headed outside unnoticed. Around the side of the inn in the darkness was another man, a knight w/a huge shield, I could make out the outline of a dragon on it. I was wide awake but I felt no fear, no alarm. The first, man, introduced the other as Arthur. Arthur spoke softly & told me he’d been keeping tabs on my travels & my actions which he described a Chivalrous. Arthur said he needed men like me & wanted to honor me. He asked me to kneel & I found myself doing so. He knighted me but was guarded about the service required of me.  He said when the time was right, he would call for my service. Until then, he said, “continue being a knight, Chivalrous & true. At the time, I couldn’t remember the place the unkempt, mage-like man had mentioned to me the first time I saw him @ the Red Sheaf…later I remembered it was Camelot. I am now a Lord (Fighter/9).  My retinue somehow knew the next morning, without knowing anything about my encounter w/Arthur, they began to refer to me as, Sir Gawain!

c3b01ff66fe1afc7e8a9ff6749bf32.jpg
SIR GAWAIN RECORD

3f1b57106d6e4329ad9d0336b519d5.jpg
SIR GAWAIN INVENTORY

Current Party: (Reputation: 20 – Heroic)

·         Gawain: Ftr/9; HP105; Full Plate w/Large Shield +2, Cloak of Protection +2, Helm of Defense, Boots of Grounding, Girdle of Bluntness, Rings of Fire Resistance & Free Action; Sword of Balduran; Bastard Sword +1/+3****, Mace +2, (SSS**) (Demon Knight)

·         Imoen: Thief (Charming Rogue/11); HP48Shadow Armor, Cloak of Non-Detection & Gandolar’s Lucky Ring w/Short Bow*, Short Sword +1* Dagger +1*, (Andris)(Thief Def)

·         Minsc: Fighter (Barbarian/8); HP68; Splint Mai w/Boots of Avoidance, Girdle of Bluntness &Spiders Bane***, Flail 1 x x2/THWS**(Spellcaster Defend)(Davaeorn)

·         Quayle: Mage (Illusionist/9); HP20; Bracers of Defense AC6, Sling* & Dagger +2*, Ring of Energy, Necklace of Missiles, (Chess Queen)(Wizard Defensive)

·         Branwen: Cleric (Priestess of Tempus/9): HP52; Full Plate +1 (Plate of the Dark) w/Large Shield +1, Gauntlet’s of Dexterity, Kiel’s Helmet & Mace +1*; Warhammer*; (SSS*);(Fuernebol)(Cleric Aggressive)

·         Ajantis: Fighter/(Paladin/8); HP47; Full Plate w/Medium Shield, Boots of the North & Wolfsbane Amulet; L/Sword +1** x2, Mace** (SSS**)(Sirine Queen) (Paladin )

Mods Used: HardTimes-v2; BG1UB_v12; bg1npc-v20; X0black101 (Blackguard); MegaModKits v1.01L; level1npcs-v1.9; bg2_tweaks-v14; Randomizer-v68; scs-v21 (- Tactical Challenges)

Blue Font: New information;

Red Font: Monster encounters (first use)

(Best kill)(Current AI)

* Name Levels are ancient, AD&D titles that used to represent each new level in a class

• Alesia_BH and Dyara like this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Good job Aasim.  Try not to rush too much in BG2 - we'd like to see you in new territory as well ...

Hardly a speed record, I think Grond0 is undisputed there.  :)

I'm still aiming at some point to have another go at completing the trilogy in a day - just need to find one where there's nothing in RL that would interrupt :rolleyes:.

• Blackraven likes this

Golden28

Golden28
  • Members
  • 277 posts
OMG Khale is out of BG already??! He totally forgot to say hello to Eren XD

Update 7: Eren the Unbroken, Berserker(/Cleric bg2)

Tiaz is as Tiax duz. Hm-hm... Looting for tomes with potions of thievery hm-hm...
Schermafdruk%202015-03-18%2016.30.01_zps

Clearing out this level by killing all the undead and spiders. Then raise some stats :)
Schermafdruk%202015-03-18%2016.43.51_zps

Killing Prat (love that name, its so dry) and gang with a some effort as one of his mages likes to cast multiple webs and acid arrow sequencer on my casters.
Schermafdruk%202015-03-18%2017.00.35_zps

Eren does fair damage :P
Schermafdruk%202015-03-18%2017.07.36_zps

Once we're back, flaming fist castle harbors some clerics who are able to kill our rasheman duo with unholy blights.. Dynaheir falls (again) but not before she tosses a spirit bomb.
Schermafdruk%202015-03-18%2017.33.17_zps

And the last screenshot of this episode. Only one female mage at the iron throne base, kyrstin and slythe, and the ceremony to go before Eren faces his brother.. Tragic little Tamoko..
Schermafdruk%202015-03-18%2017.26.51_zps
Damn its been fun and hard so far. I consider myself an experienced player for having finished the trilogy and having played SCS before (although obviously not as experienced as people like Aasim, Alesia_BH, and Blackraven to name a few..) but this has been hard! Love the extra challenge SCS gives me. I hope Ill be able to let the foes of BG2 taste Eren's steel without him be broken. 

Cheers!

• Charlestonian Knight Templar, Blackraven and Dyara like this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Glad you're enjoying it Golden28 - good luck with the final battles.

• Blackraven and Golden28 like this

Golden28

Golden28
  • Members
  • 277 posts
Couldnt resist another update!
Update 8: Eren the Unbroken, Berserker(/Cleric bg2)

First the mage had to go. The iron throne is toppled! She was all that was left. She was quite something.
Schermafdruk%202015-03-19%2018.04.23_zps

Golems were nothing but she wrecks us some. Look at our team when she finally goes.
Schermafdruk%202015-03-19%2018.12.16_zps

Next is Bonnie and Clyde. Clyde backstabs for big damage, but Branwen lives. Eren crushes his skull.. ehmm.. his whole body.. Bonnie gets paralyzed by wand and dies..
Schermafdruk%202015-03-19%2019.13.40_zps

Ramazith is not amused we saved the nymph and lures us upstairs. He gets.. You guessed it.. paralyzed by wand.
Schermafdruk%202015-03-19%2019.00.16_zps

I trade in the telescope for xp and a wand (thanks Corey!).
Schermafdruk%202015-03-19%2019.28.15_zps

Kill Thalantyr and golems for more XP. Sorry man..
Schermafdruk%202015-03-19%2019.57.25_zps

Also killed the templecleric with dryads because I saw Aasim do it dont really know why xp I guess, and did lots of shopping. Spend all our gold on ammo, potions and rare scrolls. Thats enough for today :)

Cheers!

• Charlestonian Knight Templar, Aasim and Blackraven like this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Also killed the templecleric with dryads because I saw Aasim do it...

Naughty, naughty.... :D

• Golden28 likes this

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

You're making good progress Golden. I like you're 'wild' style (just look at that Cythandria battle). Hopefully it won't end Eren's life prematurely...

• Golden28 likes this

Dyara

Dyara
  • Members
  • 330 posts

Dyara, elven Fighter/Mage/Thief - take 12/13 (update 7)

Day 29 (30 Mirtul), Shipwreck's Coast

With Dyara still a little bit dizzy Safana took the lead - only to lead them into a bunch of ogres. Dyara tried to fend them off while Safana was shooting arrows. But there were too many of them, Dyara got beaten really hard. The two girls had to retreat in order to let Dyara safely cast a sleep spell. That disabled the remaining brutes so they were easily killed. Dyara and Safana were about to cure their wounds using some of the remaining healing potions when a surgeon came by and offered his help. That probably saved Dyara's life as she had lost a lot of blood and her wounds were really serious - at least so the surgeon said. But he took great care of Dyara and all her wounds got healed (and of course Safana's as well).

A short time later Safana got kissed, killed and revived by Shoal the Nereid only to get killed again by Droth (getting killed or nearly killed at least three times within only one day with Dyara, Safana's behaviour in BG2 starts to make some sense).

58-Droth-1.jpg?raw=1&dl=0

Dyara slew the ogre mage and carrying the dead Safana she left for Beregost - but not before glancing across the sea to the other side of the bay where she could see the walls of her former home Candle Keep.

Day 30 (1 Kythorn)

On her way to Beregost Dyara made a stop at High Hedge to sell some loot, buy a 'luck' spell and a 'Deep Red Ioun Stone' (+1 Dexterity). At the temple in Beregost Safana got resurrected and the two girls went north to Friendly Arm Inn because Dyara still had that spider body in her inventory - and it started to smell.

Boots, wine and spider body got delivered, also unfortunately the girdle of piercing. Dyara said good-bye to Safana and went south.

Day 31 (2 Kythorn)

As usually when Dyara was in the area she paid Left a short visit. She told him about her dream about Gorion and then they went on a walk - but nothing happened (as far as I know).

Day 32 (3 Kythorn)

At Ulcaster one charge of the wand of frost and one hit with Varscona+2 let Icharyd collapse. In ruins Dyara found the book easily and with slightly more difficulties the ghost looking for it. Then she went north to Gullykin. In one of the house she was attacked by Jenkal, the ogre mage behind the secret door was killed easily.

62-Firewine-Ruins-1.jpg?raw=1&dl=0

Dyara explored the rest of the dungeon. Killing the mage Lendarn gained her her final two level-ups.

Dyara: 89026 XP, 505 kills, Vampiric Wolf, F(6)/M(6)/T(7), 57 HP

Day 33 (4 Kythorn)

After resting in the ruins Dyara left for firewine bridge where she fought Meilum and gained some nice gloves. Dyara stood in the dried up river bed admiring the architecture of the old bridge when she heard woman screaming for help. The mage Carsa seemed have lost her mind, probably caused by the jar in her hands. Dyara wanted to help her but as Dyara approached the woman she killed herself releasing Kahrk the mightiest of ogre magi. Dyara used her wand of monster summoning to give him something to play with but the wolfes didn't last long. As usual when talking to mad mages Dyara had cast all her protective spells (shield, remove fear, mirror image, minor spell deflection) so Kahrk's spells had no effects on her. Dyara shot some magical arrows but caused little damage only. Once Kahrk had no spells left he went into melee fight. Dyara had soon to realise that Kahrk was far too powerful and fighting him was suicide. So she tried to outrun Kakrk but to no avail. The ogre mage remained close on her heels and she couldn't gain any distance. Already badly injured Dyara tried to hide in the ruins but she coulnd't shake off Kahrk. Everytime she entered or left the ruins the ogre mage was there already slashing at her. Dyara knew her end was near and the next mistake would be her last one. She reached for her potion case, desperately searching for a potion of invisibility and quaffing it immediately. Just in time ...

63-Kahrk.jpg?raw=1&dl=0

After healing herself Dyara tried to backstab Kahrk but failed. Admitting her defeat she escaped to Gullykin.

Day 34 (5 Kythorn)

Even after resting for eight hours Dyara was still in a very bad mood when she came upon the group of Molkar. She summoned some wolfes into their lines and while her enemies tried to fend off the wolfes Dyara killed Molkar using her long sword. Then the remaining bounty hunters got caught in their own entangle spell while Dyara moved herself to save position. Some arrows of biting and one charge of her wand of fire killed Morin and Halacan. Again using Varscona+2 Dyara finished Drakar off.

• Golden28 likes this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Once Kahrk had no spells left he went into melee fight. Dyara had soon to realise that Kahrk was far too powerful and fighting him was suicide. So she tried to outrun Kakrk but to no avail. The ogre mage remained close on her heels and she couldn't gain any distance. Already badly injured Dyara tried to hide in the ruins but she coulnd't shake off Kahrk. Everytime she entered or left the ruins the ogre mage was there already slashing at her. Dyara knew her end was near and the next mistake would be her last one. She reached for her potion case, desperately searching for a potion of invisibility and quaffing it immediately. Just in time ...

Nice escape Dyara.  I think Kahrk's haste effect does eventually wear off, so if you have a potion of speed and a bit of patience you can wear him down with missiles (or in your case backstabs).

• Blackraven and Dyara like this

Dyara

Dyara
  • Members
  • 330 posts

So much to read after being just three days offline ...

@Corey, Grond0: congratulations

@Golden28

On the other hand, living dangerously but still prevail is so satisfying.

So true :D.

@Aasim: congratulations too

• Golden28 likes this

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Nice save, Dyara!

Panicked players frequently drink healers in situations like that. I'm glad you made the right call.

Best,

A.

• Blackraven and Dyara like this

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Btw. I need to do some catch-up reading in the BG1 thread, but I like what I'm seeing. I'm glad you're having a good time, Golden. And I'm pleased to see Dyara still going strong. CKT, your posts are awesome. I don't recall a BG1 run that I've enjoyed more. I need to install Hard Times and investigate SCS ToSC.

Cheers,

A.

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

@Aasim: congratulations too

Already dead! :D  :D Thank you anyway!

• Golden28 likes this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

I think Kahrk's haste effect does eventually wear off, so if you have a potion of speed and a bit of patience you can wear him down with missiles (or in your case backstabs).

I'm not sure about Khark's Haste. In my install (even if I never fight him) he has permanent Haste effect, I don't think SCS alters that.

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Ok, here he is, meet Kevmorn, a halfling barbarian:

1_zpsxggeipke.jpg

I got the name from a pretty neat name generator, if you're interested here's the link (I'm burnt out on names!!)

Anyhow, Weidu is the same, Revisions/SCS/Refinements/aTweaks sans Elementals, yada yada (is one page before this one anyway).

Kevmorn will not be soloing through the great perils of BG1 but for a short while. This is the report of that short while he spent alone:

- kill Shoal (gain two levels, +22HP)

- try to rescue Melicamp, failed (again)

- FAI, take ring, identify at temple there, sell at Beregost, buy +1 Axe and +1 Medium shield

- Beregost, kill spiders, level 4 (+ 13HP)

- help Silke for Defense Potions

2_zpsrjdlnuqi.jpg

Noted, Silke. Noted.

- visit High Hedge, buy Pro Acid scroll, Regeneration and healing potions

- visit Ankheg farm and clear the Ankheg infestation (Pro Acid is for a reason here :D ), level 5 (11HP)

3_zpscihfnbjh.jpg

- deliver Water bowl (hit with Magic missiles to trigger dialogue  even if save vs Hold fails- it didn't).

- drink Potion of Strenght from Ankheg cave, bash the chest with sword, kill Dushai for ring, leave for now

- equip ring, do Vampiric Wolves near Beregost Temple (all regen potions used up)

- since I'm feeling lucky, do Bassilus and pray that spell disruption occurs on Mental Domination and the like (didodede, didodede, I don't have no time for no monkey business....)

4_zpspgl0zxvi.jpg

5_zpseljckat3.jpg

6_zpsoziig90s.jpg

(notice how the numer of healing potions dropped!)

- return the Holy symbol to Temple (don't kill priest...yet), get level 6 (+10 HP)

- back to Ulgoth's, buy Greenstone since now I have money for it

- kill whoever is hostile and doesn't run away

7_zpsvkbncsz8.jpg

- do sirens, since you have Greenstone (duuuh?!) - btw, there are very few things that make me as happy when playing BG1 like this message - Sirene - Spell Failed. :D

8_zps3uy2e6zw.jpg

- clear the golem cave, since strenght is so low that I can't carry book AND armor armor is dropped, rescued the kid from wolves anyway

- identify the loot at High hedge, use book for CON

- travel to Nashkel via Bragge, buy splint mail

- exit Nashkel to FAI, and end the session in style

9_zpsv9xhsftj.jpg

So far, so good.

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Euphonia, Half-Elven Skald (1st update)

Although I had decided a few weeks back that I'd take a break after Glorydd, I found myself remarkably eager to roll a new character to wash away the foul taste in my mouth left by the Dwarf's death.

This character became Euphonia, Half-Elf Skald. Conceptually it's one of my favorite classes, but my performances with Skalds have been less than stellar. Euphonia's my fourth. Ocker the Dwarf fell to Shoal's (ranged!) kiss of death, Nereniel the solo Skald died against Drasus & co, and an undocumented, non-optimized Skald was drowned by a Water Weird. So I'd say expect little, and who knows she might surprise you all  ;)

ecda12b1086bff029c358963979c83.jpg
As you can see I got a very nice roll and went with optimized stats, because I think I may need every benefit I can get. Euphonia will journey with (like-minded) companions; besides her kit a second aspect of this playthrough that doesn't bode well for Euphonia hehe.

As always, I play with Rogue Rebalancing, the implications of which can be learnt here:http://readme.spellh...d_kit_revisions.

Euphonia started her adventure with a Wolfskin Bag to store items in, and with a Pseudo-Dragon Familiar, Fluister. Fluister, encouraged by Euphonia's song and Swashbuckler Imoen's arrows was instrumental in the girls' first careful steps toward Sword Coast heroism. In the Red Canyons for example, it knocked a Wolf unconscious (allowing the girls to save Melicamp and seeing him restored by Thalantyr), and it even slew a Dread Wolf.

91f3366057567ae52f8d4e3ea7b92f.jpg
27bafe2ecce02b63597d37c5f7ac8e.jpg
In Nashkel the familiar tanked a Baby Wyvern and killed an assassin who was after Euphonia.
3e76df5d5b3f41862dba5336733fed.jpg
c419844ec52da008ae06761f8faec8.jpg
At the Friendly Arm Inn Fluister made Tarnesh pay for injuring Euphonia and Imoen, with his life.
444fe5022866bea8bdbb82389e6cc9.jpg
1353959da7c7a975d6573fb52d3b99.jpg
And near the High Hedge it knocked out various Gnolls for the girls.
79b8fae7a9b2e9dc7af5fcaf940fca.jpg
This is not to say that the girls didn't do any hard work themselves. They slew a rogue Ogre, four Huge Spiders, and two Ogrillons themselves.
2c678ef90d91665ad9d965d0bf7376.jpg
816af6b80c71ebcb8be73e03c803b2.jpg
18fcae2c1fb061fa2087545b0fc6e7.jpg
At the Nashkel Carnival, Euph and Imo pawned an enchanted Ring they'd found at the FAI. This transaction, artifiaclly high Charisma, and a heroic reputation allowed the girls to purchase the Fragment of Enlightenment Ioun Stone (+20 Lore) for the Bard and a suit of Caster's Chain (AC 5, allows spell casting), and the Deep Red Ioun Stone (+1 Dex) for the Thief. Both Short Sword wielding rogues are now level 4, and discussing Keldath's request to clear Mutamin's garden, before any other NPCs are to be recruited.

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

GL Blackraven. If you see a particulary quick halfling barbarian along the way, sing a song.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Glad to see you back in action, Blackraven!

A skald and a swashbuckler should make an excellent duo.

Will Haer'Daelis be joining in BG2?

Best,

A.

Btw. Nice portrait!