Photo

Baldur's Gate 1 No-Reload Challenge

• Please log in to reply
16394 replies to this topic

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Best of luck to you too Aasim! Good start, Euph says hi!
Thank you Alesia, I also really dig the duo, and the portrait :) I haven't decided yet about companions for BG1, let alone BG2, but I do like the idea of having Haer'Dalis around. For BG1 I was thinking of an anti Iron Throne squad with Kivan, Branwen (maybe to be replaced by Faldorn), Xan and Yeslick who all have scores to settle with the Throne. Will see though, I find it hard to play full parties.

• Alesia_BH and Golden28 like this

Dyara

Dyara
  • Members
  • 330 posts

Nice save, Dyara!

Panicked players frequently drink healers in situations like that. I'm glad you made the right call.

Well, I'm afraid I panicked quite a lot in that battle :D. Should have used that invisibility potion much earlier.

• Blackraven and Golden28 like this

Dyara

Dyara
  • Members
  • 330 posts

Glad to see you back in action, Blackraven!

Btw. Nice portrait!

I like that too :)

• Blackraven likes this

Charlestonian Knight Templar

• Members
  • 981 posts

63-Kahrk.jpg?raw=1&dl=0

After healing herself Dyara tried to backstab Kahrk but failed. Admitting her defeat she escaped to Gullykin.

Whoa!  By the hair of her chinny chin chin....

• Blackraven and Dyara like this

• Members
  • 981 posts

Great screen shots Blackraven.  Nice PC too. 

• Blackraven likes this

Blind_Visionary

Blind_Visionary
  • Members
  • 462 posts

Wow, you all are fast...

Grace took it on the chin from Molkar during an ambush. End of run. Although I count it as a success... farthest I've ever taken a no-reload character.

Due to lack of patience, I'm likely to run a solo character next. Kind of sad, since I love the banter. But I think I need to learn how to keep one character alive, before I add more...

• Blackraven likes this

Blind_Visionary

Blind_Visionary
  • Members
  • 462 posts

Enter Haert. Half-elven cleric-ranger. Mods = EE; SCS, aTweaks, BG1 NPC project. etc. Hope he makes it further than Grace.

2015-03-20_00001_zpse33jixjv.jpg

• Charlestonian Knight Templar likes this

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Thanks CT, and best of luck B_V with your Cleric/Ranger!

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Enter Haert. Half-elven cleric-ranger. Mods = EE; SCS, aTweaks, BG1 NPC project. etc. Hope he makes it further than Grace.

2015-03-20_00001_zpse33jixjv.jpg

You always seem to build characters that my characters find cute, Blind Visionary. Remember Alicia's short lived crush on Alain? (Actually, it wasn't the crush that was short lived: the problem was that Alain was short lived...)

Hopefully Haert will stick around for Arcadia. Drinks in Saradush, maybe? :)

Best,

A.

• Blind_Visionary, Blackraven and Golden28 like this

Blind_Visionary

Blind_Visionary
  • Members
  • 462 posts
Drinks in Saradush, maybe? :)

Alas, Haert wasn't long for this world... While he was eager to discover his soulmate (who perhaps was a unique individual controlled by a chaotic neutral cat), spiders in Beregost had other plans.

• Blackraven, Dyara and Golden28 like this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Alas, Haert wasn't long for this world... While he was eager to discover his soulmate (who perhaps was a unique individual controlled by a chaotic neutral cat), spiders in Beregost had other plans.

While I'm sorry for Haert's demise, that was a funny way to put it, you made me laugh, Blind_Visionary. Restart and give Haert another chance?

• Blind_Visionary, Blackraven and Dyara like this

Golden28

Golden28
  • Members
  • 277 posts
A short update 9: Eren the Unbroken, Berserker(/Cleric bg2)

Ceremony was easy as pie, we were buffed (we knew there was going to be trouble after all).
Schermafdruk%202015-03-19%2020.16.31_zps

Dude.. did you HAVE to kill the girl before fleeing..? Thats so lame..
Schermafdruk%202015-03-19%2020.20.21_zps

Easy maze.
Schermafdruk%202015-03-19%2020.31.23_zps

Party almost instantly died because all 6 of us do a fireball effect at once (no buffing though), either necklaces or wands or potions. Mage gets arrows of dispelling and dies fast. Dorn also stood in the line of fire... but survived.
Schermafdruk%202015-03-19%2020.41.01_zps

Tamako dies quickly, 6 vs 1.. 

Next is my brother, Im kinda scared :S....

Cheers!

• Blind_Visionary and Blackraven like this

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Next is my brother, Im kinda scared :S....

Best of luck with the endgame Golden! I hope Eren makes it.

Best,

A.

• Golden28 likes this

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

:(

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Kevmorn, 2nd BG1 update

Lot of boring stuff done this morning, but it needs to be done.

- buy three Mirrored Eyes potions, clear Basilisks, didn't bother with the party there (would cost a lot of healing potions)

- gained level 7 (15 HP)

10_zpsfpx9wwsk.jpg

- attack the Gullykin party (it's my home! Halflings!), get critical hit immunity armor

11_zpswujfcui9.jpg

- go south to Firewine, kill the guy with bracers

- travel all the way back, adopt Imoen

- put Imoen at slot 1 so Viccy can join despite bad Charisma

- adopt Viccy, drop Imoen

12_zpsxke6qdep.jpg

- go to Nashkel, take Edwin, have him memorize a crapton of Web spells

- kill Dynaheir (always a pleasure!)

13_zpsfaz08dei.jpg

- back to Nashkel, kill Greywolf (failed vs Hold)

- talk to the friendly gnome for Pro Magic scroll

- back to Nashkel, finish Mulahey with Flame Arrows

- kill Amazons (rather easy when you don't throw Fireballs at your PC  - fwiw, I sold the Fireball wand just so I don't get tempted to do it!!) 

Flame Arrows are much more convinient.

14_zpsgysdtmmz.jpg

- back to Nashkel, kill Nimbul (wand of Paralyzation, 2 attempts)

- kill Neira

- go to Ulgoth, sell stuff, buy whatever I need, kill Hurlan (first time I saw him failing a Hold save)

15_zpsi7xizkoz.jpg

- run away and don't come back, ever

- Beregost temple area - buy potions - kill Keldath. Rather a dangerous effort  - he summoned an Aerial Servant and had Flamstrike, Physical Mirror for protection.

16_zpssztqclbs.jpg

Well, better that than Harm, in any case. Took a while.

17_zpsz8cwqhbe.jpg

Got level 8, +12 HP. Kill Tranzig, satch papers from Bandit cap under invisibility, and off to Cloakwood.

• Charlestonian Knight Templar and Blackraven like this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Kevmorn, 3rd BG1 update

- we did Cloakwood stuff - kill Aldeth

- minor stop to kill spiders  & Centeol

18_zps1zo4gw4v.jpg

- avoid any fighting until Davaeorn, use Pro Magic, fight, Edwin died to mms (again)

19_zpsm6limvcq.jpg

It took a long while to finally kill him (estimated 7 minutes). Bad THAC0 and no Oils of Speed cost me.

20_zpsof3pyzxh.jpg

BG city  - roughly 25 min for all that I needed. 

21_zpsnrz1opw2.jpg

22_zpstvmmpa7g.jpg

Ramazith wasn't as lucky as last attempt - no critical miss meant he's going down instantly.

23_zpskcrkkrhs.jpg

Now we're going to steal the documents from Throne and invisibly travel through Catacombs. After that, a short visit to Duralg to get WIS tome for Viconia, following that Krysten/Slythe, Dopes, invisible through Maze, and Sarevok will die. :D

• Charlestonian Knight Templar, Blind_Visionary and Blackraven like this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Kevmorn, 3rd BG1 update

and Sarevok will die. :D

Almost, but not quite, makes me feel sorry for the guy ...

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Kevmorn, final BG1 update

Due to a strange bug (all dopes dead, Belt blue-circled, all fine, but game won't go on - I've checked treasury room, outside, and floor above the coronation in search for Dopes- none found :angry: ), I had to reload the battle. Grrr. 

Anyhow, it went the same as the 2nd attempt - the only real difference being the fact I lost some XP due to Belt's help.

24_zpsecyeyjsh.jpg

Liaa died, but who cares. Now, Sarevok. I need no XP nor potions (Kevmorn got level 9after coronation, 11HP  - I think), so I skip to it invisibly.

Kevmorn bombarded them with Detonations for a while (I'd use Cloudkill here, but Edwin doesn't know level 9 yet), then got hit by Glitterdust and failed to save - making the next 4 rounds running for his life.

25_zpscuwd5d50.jpg

He can't really be disabled, so this is only annoying. And cost some healing potions, but we've got loads of healing potion. Troubles would not end there. Angelo (this guy is worse than all others combined) confused Edwin. Viccy focused on damaging spells, cannot remove it. Well, at least Edwin didn't move much, so all was relatively ok.

26_zpsngxv5hvz.jpg

...until Viconia's morale broke. Edwin, naturally, has no Remove Fear (he's still confused anyway).

27_zpsgdbugag2.jpg

Viconia delves to far into the opossition. How's that for morale failure? Stupid.

Incredibly enough, she had high enough HP not to get chunked by this 22 damage crit. If Sarevok managed to crit her, she'd be chunked. Stupid.

28_zpsm4rlthkp.jpg

Well, few rounds later, Edwin does Angelo with Flame Arrows, we dispose of his skeleton, and go on as planned - Detonations away.

29_zpsyxmjealc.jpg

With Semaj and Tazok dead, Edwin summons spiders. They attack Diramid and help kill him. In his dying throes, he kills Edwin with a poisoned arrow. :angry: Sigh. No more summons to hold Sarevok at bay. This means that Kevmorn had to run around, turn invisible, get two shots in, run etc. Took 15 minutes of real time. <_<

30_zpsgyvrr9k6.jpg

But a point-blank shot finally killed him.

31_zpsiqnzw5au.jpg

Kevmorn will be entering BG2 No-Reload soon. As a sidenote, I'll install an NPC mod - Kivan, who'll be joining Kevmorn in BG2.

• Blind_Visionary and Golden28 like this

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Well done Aasim, that's three successful BG1 runs in little more than a week :)

Blind_Visionary

Blind_Visionary
  • Members
  • 462 posts

Entering Isabel, a half-elven chaotic good mage-thief. She's going to go it alone for now. First stop, get revenge on some path-blocking spiders in Beregost....

2015-03-20_00002_zpsuzsqitzs.jpg

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Thnx, this one was actually the hardest (at least Sarevok battle).

Blind_Visionary

Blind_Visionary
  • Members
  • 462 posts

In Beregost, Isabel got some help from a woman of the night, who actually *punched out* one of the giant spiders...

2015-03-21_00001_zpsglrwvgho.jpg

• Alesia_BH and Dyara like this

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

In Beregost, Isabel got some help from a woman of the night, who actually *punched out* one of the giant spiders...

Far out!  :D 

Best of luck Blind Visionary. I really hope Isabel will be a hit!
Mage/Thief is possibly the nicest class combo imo, so many options...

• Blind_Visionary likes this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Entering Isabel, a half-elven chaotic good mage-thief .

Good luck & have fun! Love the portrait.

Blind_Visionary

Blind_Visionary
  • Members
  • 462 posts

Isabel engaged some basilisks a bit too close to Mutamin -- she failed her save against a sleep spell and that's goodnight. So many ways to fail!

• Blackraven and Golden28 like this