16394 replies to this topic

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

Bg-scs30 update 1.3,

The three wands;

Hear text as mp3,

One wand to freeze them… we found this in a tree and set about hunting Battle Horrors for the experience + a book of wisdom.

One wand to overwhelm them… we found this in a crypt and replaced ante J + hubby with a Drow Cleric tank and a human fighter-Melee. This gave our party the punch power to go bug hunting for the next item.

One wand to burn them… we found this in the bug borrow and set about hunting kobolds threw the mines of Nashkel for the experience + replaced our Invoker with an Enchanter.

s1-baldr022.jpg

Spoiler

• Alesia_BH and CrevsDaak like this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

I started a new run. It won't be in written format; it's a recoreded video. 

Ascension/BGT/Revisions/Refinements/SCS/my own critical hit mod. 

Linky link.

• Serg BlackStrider, Blackraven and CrevsDaak like this

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts

I started a new run. It won't be in written format; it's a recoreded video. 

Ascension/BGT/Revisions/Refinements/SCS/my own critical hit mod. 

Linky link.

Love videos!  :wizard:

All the best with new run, Aasim!

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Love videos!  :wizard:

All the best with new run, Aasim!

Seconded!

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Thanks. I've "registered" properly to Youtube now, so I can make and upload longer videos, which is good. Had to give my phone number... :blink:

• Blackraven likes this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Ucap - half-elf fighter/mage (update 1)

I thought I'd have another go at a character restricted to melee to kill things, i.e. they can use any attacks, but killing an enemy other than through her own melee (so summons can be used, but can't kill things) would be the end of Ucap's run.

I considered restarting Frosty the sorcerer for that purpose, but decided to make things easier this time by having a go with a fighter/mage.

L1_zpsg9qc0ln8.jpg

• Serg BlackStrider, Blackraven and CrevsDaak like this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Ucap - half-elf fighter/mage (2nd and final update)

And another one goes ...

Ucap took the opportunity to summon a familiar to help with her early adventures.  The pseudo-dragon's good AC, regeneration, low damage and disabling attack make it the perfect companion for an adventurer wanting to grab all the kills herself.

She was nearly embarrassed when her morningstar shattered while trying to finish off the xvarts to save Arabelle.  Both remaining xvarts had already been nibbled by the pseudo-dragon and it was too much of a risk to attack again with it - but fortunately Ucap was able to beat the xvarts down with her fists and then finish them off with Perdue's short sword.  To prevent that happening again Ucap fought her way through more xvarts and a couple of cave bears to get a magic flail from the xvart village.

Meilum didn't realise who was attacking him and stood there until the familiar finally persuaded him to fall down - there are a few other enemies with scripts that behave like that as well.

The problem came after killing Sendai and taking on her archer companions.  I was clearly not paying full attention and thought that Alexander had been blinded.  However, as soon as Ucap started forward he switched from attacking the familiar to shooting at her.  I was slow to react and she was shot twice while moving forwards - she then reversed, but was shot again and then hit for a final time before she could get back out of range.
Spoiler

• ussnorway and CrevsDaak like this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Sorry to hear that Grond0. You were a fight/mage right? Was there any reason you couldn't go invisible, put on your armor then approach to be safe?

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

AH sorry Grond0, you seem to be on a cold streak, like me a few weeks ago. (Though I wouldn't consider your Monks run a failure.) Good luck with whatever you're going to try next.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Sorry to hear that Grond0. You were a fight/mage right? Was there any reason you couldn't go invisible, put on your armor then approach to be safe?

As I said I thought he was blinded, so invisibility wouldn't have been any help (though she didn't know it yet anyway).

AH sorry Grond0, you seem to be on a cold streak, like me a few weeks ago. (Though I wouldn't consider your Monks run a failure.) Good luck with whatever you're going to try next.

Thanks.  I'll probably take a break for a few days and mull over the possibilities :D.

• Aasim and Blackraven like this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

@Grond0

An all-barbarian group? Easy to use, move even faster than usual, good HP, great late-game. Only weakness is somewhat poor AC in BG1 (albeit Defence potions can remedy that).

• ussnorway, Grond0 and Blackraven like this

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

Bg-scs30 update 1.4,

The winds of change;

Hear text as mp3,

We followed a lead back to Beregost for a wizard showdown… he cast 'sleep' and Xan tossed a wand- 'fireball'. Unfortunately there just happened to be a merchant walking past at the same time so we had to rapidly get out of town but returning a ring to a girl at fai got us off the sword coast "most wanted" list.

Spoiler

The bandit camp started normal:
Minsc scouted the bad guys then Imoen removed her armour to lob a 'web' and I used my trinket to flash them but just as we started patting each other on the back…

Spoiler

Another group of bandits came out of the trees to flank us… Shar-teel had a revelation that thief was her true calling and Xan ferly faced off against Taugosz whilst stuck in Imoens' 'web'… up-steps, yours truly to save the day again with my best authoritative voice I 'command' the bugger to take his final nap!

s1-baldr030.jpg

• Blackraven and CrevsDaak like this

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Unfortunately there just happened to be a merchant walking past at the same time

Most unfortunate indeed!  :P

• ussnorway likes this

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

Well I was asleep at the time but Xan said so an I choose to beleave him.

• Grimwald the Wise and Blackraven like this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

A quick note on Khartis' game - BG1 is done :) . Videos are being uploaded (I now give them a proper name, like "back to city", "sarevok finale" etc. ) and that should be over tonight. 

I must say this is very time-consuming :( .

I spend more time compressing/uploading then I play; even if overall playing time for BG1 was very short. I didn't even kill Mellium for his bracers - this is the one single piece of equpiment I lacked in final battle, but it didn't matter all that much.

• Alesia_BH, Serg BlackStrider, Grond0 and 2 others like this

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Well done Aasim, congratulations!

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Thanks. It should finish uploading in cca 50 min from now. I'm not too proud of Sarevok final battle (I tought I bought more Detonation arrows, but had to resort to Wand of Fire instead...bleh.) but the big guy was downed in melee which makes me happy.

• Blackraven likes this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Grats Aasim!

Corthief V has explored the basilisks area. As is my custom, Kirian's party was dealt with first. We used enrage, arrows of biting and darts of wounding to come out on top. Then Joshua used a protection from petrification scroll to clear out the rest of the area He also used a potion of magic protection and invulnerability potion to take out Mutamutin.

We need to explore more areas east, such as Gullykin and Firewine Ruins and Ulcaster School. Hopefully we can get to them soon.

• Aasim likes this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Thanks. It should finish uploading in cca 50 min from now.

Done, uploaded. I'm gonna do BG2 part a bit differently. I'll record combat only (worthwile, not Shadows in Umar Hills and similar).

And I doubt anyone wants to watch traveling around & shopping anyway. :)  

• Grond0 and Blackraven like this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Merrie Marksmen - archer party (update 1)

Seeing what my random class selector had to offer I came up with Shadowdancer, but didn't want to switch installations to make that playable.  The next offering was an Archer: that's my signature class as being particularly appropriate to my style of play and it's some time since I've played one so seems like a good selection for a party.

Although at high level they would struggle to compete against a bunch of monks, they should find it vastly easier to get to a high level in the first place.  Their defences are better and their APR, damage output and flexibility of ammunition should make taking down most enemies simple - though liches in BG2 are likely to require care again.

Here's Robin - until he's got WWs available I thought his specially adapted multi-shot bow would come in handy :D:
Robin_zpsv7kkeklf.jpg

And his friends ...
Spoiler

Incidentally, mentioning signature classes reminds me that someone remarked a while ago on the Forum about the possibility of an adapted re-run of the Avatars.  Is anyone interested in that?

• Alesia_BH, Serg BlackStrider, Aasim and 1 other like this

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

The next offering was an Archer: that's my signature class as being particularly appropriate to my style of play and it's some time since I've played one so seems like a good selection for a party.

It's interesting that you've picked the archer as your signature class.That struck me as odd at first, but, after a moment reflection, I see how it fits.

Incidentally, mentioning signature classes reminds me that someone remarked a while ago on the Forum about the possibility of an adapted re-run of the Avatars.  Is anyone interested in that?

Maybe, yes. I still regret abandoning my Avatars run. I just wasn't really into party play then. I might be down now.

Best,

A.

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts

You know my answer already, right?  :rolleyes:

• Grimwald the Wise likes this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

You know my answer already, right?  :rolleyes:

Yes  o master of the Avatars :D.

• Grimwald the Wise and CrevsDaak like this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Merrie Marksmen - archer party (update 2)

The Marksmen are under way and have made their way via Beregost and Nashkel to the basilisk area - where they picked up a couple of levels each.  I decided Korax would be enough distraction for the party without the need for any fireballs and that proved to be the case.
Spoiler

I'll be trying to avoid any casualties in BG1 in this run.  However, I don't want to have to do too much micro-management and hence David has been provided with the ankheg armour to allow him to act as tank / target for much of the time.  Here he is ensuring Alexander is distracted while the others let him know what it feels like at the wrong end of an arrow (avenging one of my many recent deaths).
Spoiler

Going through the Cloudpeaks got everyone to level 4 - there have been no alarms so far.
Spoiler

• Alesia_BH, Serg BlackStrider and CrevsDaak like this

Borco

Borco
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Thorgeir Hamundarson, human Skald, 4th and final entry:

Before I had the chance to report on Thorgeir's exploits and promising bard career, I need to announce his untimely demise in the heart of Cloakwood by the hands of the Shadowdruids.

Here's what happened:

After clearing the bandit camp and exploring a substantial part of the coast, the party had been quite confident in their strength. Dual-wielding Minsc, whom had been hired as a replacement for recently deceased Xzar (caught a Called Lighthing in Larswoord), proved to be quite an asset on our frontline. Not having any arcane spellcasters was seemingly not an issue and so the party ventured forth en route to Cloakwood Mines.

The encounter with Seniyad and the druids while protecting Aldeth Sashenstar was eventually the first battle that had left the majority of our party heavily injured, mostly due to Insect Plague. Tough treehugers.

Then finally, while exploring the deeper woods, the party entered a treehouse and accidentally provoked its resident, Arciduid Amarande, to attack. Mostly unprepared, we got hit by Insect Plague again, followed by Confusion and so the situation was soon looking rather grave. Amarande, apparently a high level Avenger, then decided to try a Chromatic Orb on Thorgeir. The failed saving throw meant the end of our epic journey.

Druids have indeed kicked my ass this time! However, I feel that a third re-run should work and have an itch to start anew. Furthermore, I have to admit that I have played more entertaining characters than Skald, although the RP options are superb. Let's see what do I get this time. Depending on the character I get I will also consider going solo.

Baldr007_zpsyyehwczm.png

• Blackraven and CrevsDaak like this