• Please log in to reply
15228 replies to this topic

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts

Easymask wrote...

Greeting yet again friends!

I have spent most of the day pondering and searching for some very old CDs, and after much thought and dedication - I have decided that Aximand and Yarath can only be honored the way I want them to be, by playing through the entire game with them in this challenge. As such, I will move over to the BG1 section untill their journey reaches Amn!

I hope you guys will enjoy the journey as I hopefully will as well. :)

This is simply the right thing to do! A totally respectful decision and I'll follow them with great interest:happy:

Wierdo

Wierdo
  • Members
  • 392 posts
Wierdo, having heard the news of Ashoka's demise at the hands of Abazigal, has decided to take her on ASAP in order to get revenge.

She is in Amkethran now. Wierdo's crew have killed Nyalee (Wierdo laid traps on her first visit) and also Yaga Shura. The Yaga seige camp fight was pretty straightforward. The party zipped off to the pocket plane immediately upon arrival at the area, where they rested and buffed. Then they returned to the camp and did a few summons and short term buffing spells (including haste). Wierdo's army then cut a swathe through the army camp and devastated the soldiers there. Yaga and his giants weren't much opposition after that.

Having crashed Yaga's party, here's a screenshot of Wierdo and her mates doing the Yaga-Mash with your favourite celebrity enemy, Yaga-Shura. Annakin's Chain Contingency has just gone off, triggered by a 'hit' (PfMW, Simulacrum, ADHW on self).

Posted Image

<Annakin, male voice, deep & sonorous> "What ever happened to my Chain Contingency?"
<Wierdo, female voice, high pitched, a bit fast and impatient > "It's now the Mash."
<Annakin> "It's now the Yaga-Mash."
<Wierdo> "The Yaga-Mash?"
<Annakin> "It was a seige camp smash."
<Wierdo> "It's now the Mash?"
<Annakin> "You caught on in a flash"
<Wierdo> "It's now the Mash."
<Annakin> "It's now the Yaga-Mash."
<Wierdo> "Ahhh, oooh."

The party continued through the Oasis, as mentioned earlier. They fought their way through that and got to Amkethran. There they did some quests. Wierdo killed the lich Vongoethe before it even got to cast a spell at anyone. She laid traps and snares around the lich while it was still non-hostile. When it turned red, the battle was over before it even began :)

Leaving Balthazar alone for now and about to say hello to Draconis. Wierdo wants his head.

Edited by Wierdo, 05 November 2011 - 02:18 AM.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
Beautiful pic of the Yaga take down Wierdo

Good luck with Abazigal and Tamah!

Best,

A.

Btw. Ashoka would encourage you to watch out for Tamah's on hit effects, Psionics, and Breath Weapon. Take her out quick. 

Edited by Alesia_BH, 05 November 2011 - 04:45 AM.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Vessen the level 11 halfling Priest of Lathander adventure continues...

Vessen is still kicking -- though he had a close call (more on that in a bit). Incidents of note:

* Prebek's House - no buffs here, as Joshua did a dispel magic, removing the enemy mages' buffs. Naturally our party buffless is heck a bit stronger than the mages buffless.
* Rayic Gethras battle -- Joshua had True Seeing running, Hanna did a nicely timed breach and Rayic fell quickly to our melee/ranged power. Found out that the +3 bastard sword does NOT count as a +3 weapon, as it couldn't hurt the golems. Joshua will get rid of this apparently useless weapon and just use the Frostweaver axe.
* Maevar's Guildmates -- the party was buffed to the max, and no one got hurt at all and the enemies fell really fast to boot. As for Maevar himself, we sent a nymph, Ariel Servant and Fire Elemental close to Maevar and then Vessen did a silence and did sanctuary and we just waited until our summons took care of business.
* Thaxxssyllyia - I believed the party was tough enough to take down this dragon, now that we have 3 strong summons. We laid 3 traps, had 2x fire elementals, aeriel servant, lesser earth elemental and a genie to help. Lily was the tank (natural choice with both her spell turning and defensive spins and using AoP so immune to drains). Uriah and Hanna were using their lightning wands for part of the fight, then Hanna switched to her Halberd and was tanking nicely for a bit. The shadow dragon did a lot of wing buffeting, however and at one point I saw him aim at Vessen (Vessen was using the sling of seeking so he might have been hurting the dragon). I made a foolish decision here, as soon as the shadow dragon aimed at me, I should have activated boon of lathander to be immune to level drains -- as it was, Vessen got hit by a dragon breath attack and nearly got level drained to death. Vessen ran to the door but couldn't escape (also somewhat foolishly I didn't have restoration scrolls so couldn't even fix the drains). Fortunately the dragon lost interest and targeted other party members who were putting hurt on it. Hanna and Lily tanked great, not sure who got the killing blow (Joshua was using Azuredge whole fight)
Posted Image

Hanna is getting more and more powerful, as is Lily. This group has a lot of potential. So the party returned to the Temple District to get Vessen un-level drained. We bought some restoration scrolls and a charm helmet for Vessen as well. Little did I know these purchases would be used almost immediately. We headed to the docks to make the shadow armor for Paja, when we got the Sunsuki and 3 vampire ambush. Two vampires were right next to Vessen, who got level drained immediately. Vessen ran away and activated the boon of lathander. Hanna and Joshua were nearby, however and immediately put pressure on the 2 vampires. The other vampire was busy draining Paja of levels, while Hanna put up MGoI (to prevent charms) and activated offensive spin on the vampire attacking Paja. Paja got a call lightning off which helped the battle alot. Fortunately it was victory with no deaths or chunkings.

Trolls and shadow druids should be child's play for the group, so we will take care of the major Trademeet problem next.

Party Status:
Joshua - level 10 Inquisitor, 87 HP
Lily - level 13 Bard, 63 HP
Hanna - level 9 fighter > level 11 mage (dualed), 99 HP
Vessen - level 11 Priest of Lathander, 65 HP
Paja - level 13 druid, 65 Hp
Uriah - level 11 mage/level 11 thief, 51 HP

Wierdo

Wierdo
  • Members
  • 392 posts

Alesia_BH wrote...

Beautiful pic of the Yaga take down Wierdo

Good luck with Abazigal and Tamah!

Best,

A.

Btw. Ashoka would encourage you to watch out for Tamah's on hit effects, Psionics, and Breath Weapon. Take her out quick. 

Oh, thanks for the tip on Tamah and psionics!

Wierdo has now felled Draconis. He was tough. the human form fell soon enough thanks to relentless spell protection removal by Annakin and Wierdo. He went invisible and 'non-detected' which seemed to thwart even Wierdo's 150% detect illusion ability ... which seems wrong to me. But anyway, the party spammed him with area effect spells until he was finally dead.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Vessen the level 12 halfling Priest of Lathander continues his adventures...

Vessen wanted to deal the Unseeing Eye issue, but we didn't quite have enough gold for the Shield of Balduran. Therefore, we headed to Trademeet to help them with their problem. We talked to Cernd, but no room for him in our group, so we said we would meet him.

At the druid grove, we met mostly trolls and shadow druids. The trolls weren't too much trouble, and the poor shadow druids fell easily to web/cloudkill/fireballs/call lightning. I encountered a couple of strange bugs while doing this quest, though. The first bug was when we talked to Cernd, we weren't given an option to say Paja would challenge Faldorn, which meant we skipped fighting the 3 shadow druids guarding Faldorn's abode.

Once we came before Faldorn, then we could say Paja would challenge her. Paja had used the plague of insects earlier., so selttled for casting the basic insects spell. Then she did iron skin and 2 fire elementals. She cast monster summoning II, then tried to shapeshift to brown bear form, but it wouldn't work! That is, the icon shows itself as available, but it just wouldn't change. Never encountered this bug before. Fortunately her summons finished off Faldorn for her. After the battle I did some test and Paja COULD change to black bear and wolf form, just not brown bear.

After reporting our success to the Trademeet Mayor, we finally had enough for the Shield of Balduran. To save money, we also helped Tidris and got the mantle for the mayor, to put our rep at 20.

We headed to the Adventure Mart to get the SoB. We purchased the Sansei Amulet for Vessen, and gave the AoP to Lily. We then headed to the Temple Sewers. Oh that's right, we haven't dealt with Tarnor and his buddies yet. Joshua crept up invisible, then the party cast a lot of mojo: Rd 1: 3x web, entangle, silence (we know the silence worked because Gaius was seen attacking us with his staff) Rd 2. Emotion, fireball x2, holy smite, insect plague Rd. 3. cloudkill, fireball x2, holy smite, Rd 4. cloudkill. Needless to say, Tarnor's gang was defeated without us even being damaged. While in the area we got the cloak of sewers for Joshua which puts his AC to -6 -- not bad for having  12 DEX.

The party then did the Unseeing Eye quest the long way. Not to much to say about execution, the party did it smoothly. Vessen did turn undead a lot here. Against the Unseeing Eye priests x6, we did 3x web/entangle/2 cloudkill/3x fireball. They had no chance. Hanna leveled while in the Unseeing Eye lair, putting her Halberd skill at ****. She does really nice damage with her halberd, not to mention her considerable spell casting power. She picked up the Dragon Halberd while we were here. Joshua is using the Shield of Grace we got from the Amaunator avatar, and that plus the gauntlets of dexterity puts his AC at -12 - not bad for pre-underdark.

We decided Captain Dennis would be next. I tried a new strategy here, taking advantage of 3 arcane and cleric in the group. I had Vessen memorize FIVE free action spells. Then we we buffed before taking on Captain Dennis, he put free action on everyone except Lily who put up MGoI. When the party entered, they did 3x web plus plague of insects. This worked extremely well as you can see below:
Posted Image

Feel good about this party.

Edited by corey_russell, 05 November 2011 - 10:00 PM.

Wierdo

Wierdo
  • Members
  • 392 posts
Wierdo's Bhaalspawn Bretheren

Draconis

Wierdo and her dream team approached Abazigal's lair. Expecting trouble and draconic guards, the party buffed up and summoned friends to help ensure that the main front door entrance was secure.

Sure enough, they encourntered Draconis in his human form. Wierdo and Annakin concentrated on lowering his magic defences and resistance. He was tough but went down easily enough. Then he changed to dragon form and the fun really began.

Firstly, Draconis cast out a Death Field which killed all the summons, much like a Death Spell. Don't worry about the Wierdo: death message, that was just a simulacrum (of Annakin, ironically).

Posted Image

Draconis auto-buffed and the battle was on (click here for full screenshot).

Wierdo already had a Khelben's Warding Whip active on Draconis and added a Pierce Magic. Annakin got off a Lower Resistance. Amazingly, Jaheira actually then managed to get off her Call Lightning spell and zapped Draconis for the full damage, 98hp - which was a very good thing as the party was having trouble hitting him.

Posted Image

Draconis then paniced and turned invisible, and 'non-detected'. Usually I expect thieves' Detect Illusion ability to penetrate this sort of thing, but Wierdo (DI=150%) had not detected anything after about 1.5 rounds.

Posted Image

Hey guys, I have heard about missing the elephant in the room, but never the dragon. This is ridiculous. The party had Draconis boxed into a corner so knew where he was, but simply could not detect him. So they spammed area effect spells like Holy Smite (good, blinds as well); Fireball (some damage); ADHW and Glyph of Warding.

Eventually the dragon was dead and then the party could see him.

Posted Image

Wierdo's spider sense told her that something else would happen in this lovely setting. therefore she trapped the place liberally, and got Starria and Jaheira to throw a couple of Glyphs of Warding to the sides as well. Just in case ... :)

Posted Image

Next: More Dragons

Edited by Wierdo, 06 November 2011 - 03:29 AM.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Vessen the level 13 halfling Priest of Lathandar adventure continues...

The party obtained an artwork for the Temple of the Morning Lord. We will keep the illithium, might come in handy later.

We encountered a guarded compound in the Temple District. The enemy party was much reduced in effectiveness by slow/glitterdustplauge of insects. We also moved downstairs to pull some of them into our summons were left-over after dealing with their "summons", then moved up and mopped up.

Was time to go to Windspear Hills. We battled in Firkraag's lair and did pretty well. For the huge mass of undead, we summoned our 5 best summons, hasted them and the group, sent them forward, and the party supported with ranged fire. This worked well. We were full inventory so had to sell and return, but before we did we laid 2 snares.

On our return, Uriah laid 3 more snares. We talked to Samia, said we wouldn't be her flunkies then her buddies appeared, walking into our snares. We also opened with plague of insects and glitterdust and hold person -- Samia's group could do nothing.

More wolfweres, orogs and golems to battle, but the party handled them well. After beating Conster, we had to leave to sell again. We returned for Firkraag.

Firkraag has given us lots of grief in the past, so we didn't give him a chance - the arcane party members just spammed cloudkill out-of-sight via spell and wand, and Firkraag couldn't heal himself in time.
Posted Image

The Holy Avenger went to Joshua, of course. We made the red dragon scale armor and used that to do get to the grave of King Stromm III.

We did the first level of Watcher's Keep - we almost got owned by opening the first door. Joshua died very fast, despite his - 8 AC. Lily tanked with defensive spins, while the divine casters got some summons in to help against the about 10 enemies. The party persevered, though had to use RoR heals to do so. The party did NOT fight the statues -- our main reason to be here was for the ammo belt. Tuigan's bow is actually better against most enemies than the other shortbows, but Uriah can't loot anything with all the arrows he's carrying, so the ammo belt will help with that.

We will return Haer'Dalis gem to his troupe next.

Edited by corey_russell, 06 November 2011 - 07:10 AM.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
Any news on Wierdo?

Wierdo

Wierdo
  • Members
  • 392 posts

Alesia_BH wrote...

Any news on Wierdo?

Yeah, just been a bit busy in the real world. About to make a post ...

Wierdo

Wierdo
  • Members
  • 392 posts

Dragon Surprise

Having defeated Draconis, Wierdo's party penetrated Abazigal's lair. Finding the half-breed himself wasn't that easy though.

Swimming through underwater tunnels to find new entrances, the party came upon a band of rather tough lizard men. After defeating them, imagine the party's surprise to find a sulking yellow dragon (Anadramatis) protecting a pool of breathing potion.

Posted Image

So, it looked like a fight was on. Wierdo wasn't expecting trouble, but at least the party already had most of the usual longer-term buffs on. Regardless, and despite her sulky nature, this dragon was not about to give in easily. She was a powerful spellcaster and managed to devastate the party's magical defences with a Wish spell.

Posted Image

She mauled Bruce, so he had to retreat and lick his wounds with a Second Wind HLA. Took a few  pieces out of Mazzy too. The party surrounded he so that she couldn't just wing buffet everyone at once.

Posted Image

Finally they bested Anadramatis and she did the only sensible thing - yielded. Being a good party, and one that respects individual freedoms and liberty more than most, Wierdo accepted her submission. In return, Wierdo got all the breath potion she wanted and a special amulet from Anadramatis that apparently prevents wing buffet effect (although I have since still seen characters wearing the amulet get pushed away by wing buffets, maybe it stops them going unconcious?).

Posted Image

On the way back, the party was ambushed by a bunch of pit fiends and galebrezu, in the same place as the lizard men were before. Good thing Annakin had left his simulacrum there from the last battle! The Sim summoned a mordy sword and helped out. They kicked demon butt.

Anyway, the bretheren continued on, killed some kuo-toa and found a monk in a cell. The monk advised us to get some rope from town in order to explore the longer tunnels, and then died (how rude!). Crikey, why didn't the party think of rope before? And why don't they have rope anyway? Are they experienced adventurers or not? Wierd, no? Wierdo thought so too. Sounds suspicious.

Good thing too.

Next: Double double dragon

Wierdo

Wierdo
  • Members
  • 392 posts

Double double dragons

Wierdo and her gang made their half-day trek back to Amkethran to pick up some rope. Yeah, rope. I mean, whatever happened to that magical rope they used to climb down to the underdark? Didn't we just tug it a couple of times to make it come loose, just like when Sam did in Return of the King? Huh, you mean we forgot that rope?

Anyway, they got their rope and became a town joke for the day. Never mind. Let's laugh with everyone else and rest up a day or so.

Finally the party returned to the entrance to Abby's lair. The walk was welcome because they ate a fair bit while resting, so it was good to work it off. Has anyone not thought about riding horses in Baldur's Gate?

Some of you may remember me mentioning that Wierdo had laid a few traps around, just in case. Anyway, Wierdo got immediately suspicious when her remote trap control indicated that some of her carefully laid traps had snared something! And to look at the report, that something was a couple of dragons!

Posted Image

Aha! The party was currently 'naked', so they buffed up, summoned help and became invisible. Then they advanced to find two beautiful black dragons, although they did seem quite damaged by the traps! Lucky for them that they were immune to the acid trap.

Posted Image

Pre-weakened as they were, they didn't survive long under the party's well prepared and furious assault. I do feel a little sorry for them. This result would have been completely different if Wierdo was less paranoid and the party had been caught unawares.

Posted Image

But that wasn't the end of it! A green dragon and a red dragon then joined the party, taunting Wierdo. But Wierdo got the last laugh, as the red dragon landed on top of some of Wierdo's traps. But they didn't kill her and she flew away. She left us to deal with the green dragon while she sought healing for herself.

I wonder if they were a mated pair? If they had baby dragons, what colour would they be? Brown dragons (green+red = brown)? What would brown dragon breath be? Poo breath? Oh please, too disgusting to contemplate.

Anyway, moving right along, the green dragon opened with poison breath which was a big mistake as it made Annakin angry. And when Annakin gets angry his dark side comes out. And then anybody near him, that he doesn't like, suffers.

Posted Image

Green dragon didn't last long. I'm not quite sure what actually killed him, because it couldn't have been a dispel effect. Anyway, he died and then the red dragon came back (all healed).

Posted Image

Carnifex was quite a bit tougher to kill. She came and taunted Wierdo, as usual. Wierdo told her to bring it on as she was trying to make a matching dinner setting of different coloured dragon scales, and she needed red to complete the set.

Posted Image

BTW, the real Wierdo has a blue ring around her (fire shield blue) and her simulacrum is the mirror imaged one. Below, the sim is casting ADHW from a scroll on her quick items belt. Wierdo is an illusionist and can't cast necromantic spells, but as a thief she can use any item. If her sim uses the scroll then the real one isn't used up.

Posted Image

Relentless spell casting manages to overwhelm Carnifex until she is ultimately defenceless.

Posted Image

Eventually the red dragon dies. Romantically (?) , she falls on top of her green dragon companion.

Posted Image

After this, Wierdo's band move through the remainder of Abazigal's lair, killing a lot of floating eyes, death tyrants and elder orbs to complete the quest for the Reversal Scroll, obtaining the bronze pantalettes in the process!

Finally, the party was going to set free the red dragon guarding the entrance to Abby's inner sanctum, but it attacked instead so the party had to kill her.

Party is now just about to confront Abazigal. Wierdo is looking for traps when she notices some words scratched into the rock near the door. It reads:

"Ashoka was here"

The Bretheren

Wierdo - Gnome Illusionist(20)/Thief(27)

Annakin - Human Berserker/Mage (12/27)

Bruce - Human Monk(41)

Starria - Half-Elf Ranger/Cleric (20/24)

Mazzy - Halfling Paladin(32)

Jaheira - Half-Elf Fighter/Druid (22/23)

Next: Abazigal

Edited by Wierdo, 10 November 2011 - 07:36 AM.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
Nice work Wierdo!

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts
Update of BlackStrider & Co (Yaga-Shura's Invicibility Purge)

Band Of Six were told that the Life of Yaga-Shura resides in a Needle, Needle in an Egg, Egg in a Duck, Duck in the Chest, Chest on top of Huge Oak  and Oak on an Isle in the center of Endless Lake so we took a long road there fighting all sorts of goons along the way, from tiny to giant ones, and from vicious undeads to fire creatures of all sorts. Against the overgrowth steroids scouts in ludicrous shorts instead of old as a World *Divide And Conquer* approach  we used right an opposite: *Gather Close By And Smite!*. That long journey was not in vain and so Yaga-Shura fell in oblivion:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Now, after Solar revealed to us some new aspects of BlackStrider's Origins we wend our way to the desert City of Amkethran.

to be continued...

Edited by Serg BlackStrider, 10 November 2011 - 09:04 PM.

Wierdo

Wierdo
  • Members
  • 392 posts

Abazigal

After saying a quick prayer for those that have fallen here previously, Wiero and her bretheren entered Abby's inner sanctum

Immediately, they were set upon by drakes with powers of invisibility. However, They didn't last too long.

Posted Image

Just as the party took care of the last of the drakes, Abazigal turns up. Bruce wastes no time going to greet him. The party summons everything they can.

Posted Image

So does Abazigal! He summons his dragon friend Tamah along for the fun. Everybody except Starria has been pushed away by his might wing buffet. Starria is wearing the amulet from Anadramatis!

Just an idea, but it seems a little painful for Abby, sitting on top of a planater and deva, each with Globe of Blades active.

Posted Image

Abby died surprisingly quickly after all of that. Globe of Blades combined with massively reduced magic resistance (the party had been pounding him with Pierce Magic, Pierce Shield and Lower Resistance).

Posted Image

Anadramatis appeared at the end and thanked Wierdo's party for all their help. No probs, big mamma!

The Bretheren

Wierdo - Gnome Illusionist(20)/Thief(27)

Annakin - Human Berserker/Mage (12/27)

Bruce - Human Monk(41)

Starria - Half-Elf Ranger/Cleric (20/24)

Mazzy - Halfling Paladin(32)

Jaheira - Half-Elf Fighter/Druid (22/24)

Next: Sendai

Edited by Wierdo, 11 November 2011 - 04:13 PM.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
Excellent work Wierdo!

And you've taught me something: it's good to have friends. :)

Cheers,

A.

Wierdo

Wierdo
  • Members
  • 392 posts
@Alesia

Yeh, in real life no one stands completely alone. Would be interesting to do BG no-reload with a duo (vs solo). Gives a lot more flexibility regarding character choice.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
Makes sense. I'd really like to do an Alesia-Imoen No Reload some time.

I also have this odd urge to try Vax and Zal...

Anyhoo. Best of luck with Sendai!

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts
Little news of BlackStrider & Co.

The Band Of Six arrived to Amkethran were we got not too warm welcome and ill-mannered behavior all around... Well, at least we arrange some tasks and taught the mercs to be more polite with civilians. After a bit of shopping in local cave-boutique (those smugglers were so grateful for helping them with monks that gave us huge discount and at the same time bought our junk on a very nice price! Well, I think Saemon Havarian will foist that junk to some unfortunate adventures to an even higher cost...) - the main purchase was K'logarath for Mazzy - Band decided to investigate a mysterious Watcher's Keep were that K'logarath was quite handy - tis unspeakable fun to look on Iron Golem flying all over the place:

Posted Image

At the moment Band is performing at the Chromatic Demon's Level.

to be continued...

Edited by Serg BlackStrider, 14 November 2011 - 01:04 PM.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
 Alessandra: Undead Hunter

Some of you may know my rebellious Paladin from the BG1 thread. For those who don't, meet Alessandra: Undead Hunter.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Character Description: Alessandra is a Paladin by trade, but she is not a force of righteousness and she has little interest in being a moral paragon. Instead, she is a child of Bhaal through and though: the taint dominates her personality, and now that she has become aware of it, it's grib on her has grown even stronger.

Becoming a Paladin, and an Undead Hunter in particular is Alessandra's way of dealing with the taint. For as long as she can remember, she has found evil oddly seductive. Becoming a Paladin has given her a excuse to seek it out and explore it. As for being an Undead Hunter, that has given her an opportunity to channel her undeniable urge to destroy into an endeavor that isn't putitatively odious. If her fellow Paladins knew her and understood her, they would undoubtedly revoke her status and might even seek her death.  She has avoided detection by being tightlipped and solitary.

Alessandra interacts with other Paladin's as little as possible. She has, however, spent enough time observing them to form an opinion. She is not at all impressed. She thinks they are naive and hypocritical. Naive for thinking their ethics are anything other than self-deluded rationalization of their own killer instincts and hypocritical for judging others when they themselves are all to willing to mete out death to anyone who opposes them. She especially despises Inquisitors. As far as she can tell, they're all idiots.

Alessandra will be constantly in danger of falling throughout her adventure.

Personal Items: As many of you know, my characters typically get a personal item much like Bioware's NPCs. Alessandra has two. She also found an unexpected trinket in Irenicus's Dungeon which explains her most un-paladin alignment.

Fast and Frightening

Bracers: Chant While Equipped, +1 Weapons Speed Factor Bonus (NW: This item may be upgraded later on)

The Ethics of Ambiguity

Useable Item: This tome is essentially a divine book of infinite spells. Alessandra will be able to turn the pages as she advances in levels and will then get access to a new spell randomly selected from the good and evil spheres. The spells will be balanced such that they are only marginally useful. The book currently casts Unholy Blight. She has not had occasion to use the spell yet but she often keeps the book in her Quickslot.

The Helm of Opposite Alignment

The Helm of Opposite Alignment strikes me as something that Irenicus might take an interest in. It is also something that would absolutely fascinate Alessandra given her personality. I placed in the Chateau for kicks. I was half expecting Alessandra to fall when she put it on. That didn't happed happily. And now she is free to explore the evil within without leaving her Undead Hunter status behind. I'm not sure what oddities may emerge from her wearing that thing. We'll see I guess...

Mods: Basically, G3 full SCS minus the full Tactics versions of the final Irenicus and Bodhi fights (Irenicus is merely SCS scripted, Bodhi Tactics-SCS Hybrid). She's also going without the Abby and Sendai Lair enhancements.

G3 Fixpack; G3 Tweakpack (Free Action Protects Against Stun only); Additional Bags in SoA; SCS II (All AI Improvements, Smarter Priests and Mages with full Prebuffs, Potions for NPCs w 50% Breakage, All Creature Improvement, All Tactical Challenges minus above, All Spell Tweaks); Ascension and Tougher Battle Series (with SCS Scripting)

Wish her luck everyone!

Best,

A.

Edited by Alesia_BH, 15 November 2011 - 11:28 AM.

BBMorti

BBMorti
  • Members
  • 142 posts
Good luck Alessandra!
This helmet, could you elaborate a bit on it. It shifts allignment but not her 'nature' (Lawful,neutral,chaotic) or? Also can she remove it without any major side effects? Is it a restriction or simply a RP tool to allow her to make evil choices?

Vaclavc

Vaclavc
  • Members
  • 179 posts
@Serg: great run so far. Good luck in Watcher's Keep.
@Alesia: good luck in SoA. Using Helm of opposite alignment on paladin is very interesting idea.

V

Wierdo

Wierdo
  • Members
  • 392 posts
Allesandria/Alesia, good luck with your run! Paladin seems to be a good choice for a solo run.

I can understand you not going with the Sendai/Abby enhancements. Let's hope you get that far! Grab some friends along the way maybe?

Wierdo's party have become pro's at dragon killing. I still love that four dragon fight. Wierdo's traps did make it a little easier  :devil:

Alessandra's stats are interesting. Similar approach to that taken by Mazzy - high DEX, decent CON but only 15 STR. Enough strength to use most weapons, but I imagine that you intend to use girdles and potions a lot.

Take care out there in the big city Alessandra, it's dangerous! But nothing you can't hadle, I'm sure.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

BBMorti wrote...

Good luck Alessandra!

Thanks!

This helmet, could you elaborate a bit on it. It shifts allignment but not her 'nature' (Lawful,neutral,chaotic) or? Also can she remove it without any major side effects? Is it a restriction or simply a RP tool to allow her to make evil choices?

The Helm applies the effect Reverse Alignment (56). I've never toyed with it before at all so I'm not the best person to ask about it's effects. Alessandra was originally Chaotic Good and it flipped her to Lawful Evil. It is a cursed item.

I decided to make it available to Alessandra strictly on RP grounds. The idea behind her character is that she is dominated by the taint and that it has driven her to explore evil. The Helm would fascinate her no doubt.

She couldn't resist trying it, but she is fearful of it as well. Her life is a struggle to maintain her identity- despite the forces pressing on her from all sides. She couldn't resist trying the Helm, but it may destroy her. In the alternative, it may help her understand evil and in doing so allow her to triumph over it in the end. We'll see.

Vaclavc wrote...
@Alesia: good luck in SoA. Using Helm of opposite alignment on paladin is very interesting idea.

I think it makes sense for Alessandra- I'm not sure where it will lead her though...

I'd also like to let her play with the Slayer form (something I've never done with any of my characters really). Again, that seems to fit given her character concept.

Best,

A. 

Edited by Alesia_BH, 15 November 2011 - 10:51 AM.

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts
Thanks, V! Much appreciate that :happy:

@Alesia
As I hardly imagine myself running a Paladin RP wise, I follow your run with  keen interest. :wizard: You showed me how someone could justify such a run without rejecting his own way of looking at things.

Have fun and good luck in your Amnish travels! :happy:

A bit of news of BlackStrider & Co:

The Band cleared the second level of Watcher's Keep and now, after some Cespenar's crafting, roaming through the Demon's/Devil's Maze.