Baldur's Gate 2 No-Reload Challenge

• Please log in to reply
15228 replies to this topic

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Alesia_BH wrote...
Being a woman of many thoughts but few words, Alessandra merely said: "Tis a pity. A needless death to be sure." She then looked away and wistfully thought that perhaps the god or gods controlling said Feralan were listening to in game music and environmental audio while unaware of the effect emotion can have on concentration. And that perhaps this might explain, in part, other such needless death as well. She considered thinking on it longer, but chose to enjoy her wine instead...

Quite right too - gotta keep your priorities straight

As I almost always play without sound I don't think that's my particular problem (rather the reverse in fact, e.g.  when I'm sure that's a hold person spell coming and then get hit unprepared with rigid thinking).

Humanoid_Taifun wrote...
Poor Sumer. I guess speeding through your life to save time seems very pointless when your life comes to a sudden stop. I wonder what his final thoughts were.

I did actually imagine some final thoughts at the time. The printable onesPosted Image were something along the lines of:
"We're friends now Mr vampire and friends don't suck each others blood, do they. They do? ... THEY DO!"

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts
Condolences Grond0

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
Btw. It looks like the Paladin Quests are on after all- she just hadn't talked to the right guy.

Edited by Alesia_BH, 19 November 2011 - 06:56 PM.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Grond0 wrote...

As I almost always play without sound I don't think that's my particular problem (rather the reverse in fact, e.g.  when I'm sure that's a hold person spell coming and then get hit unprepared with rigid thinking)

Undestood. I find the sound important (especially incantations, spell sounds, and footsteps) and in some battles it is absolutely essential. The music though can sometimes be a problem . I do play with the music on. But there have been times when I've been quite sure I'd fight better without it (most notably in the Final Ascesion fights).
Anyhoo. I'm sad to see Sumer go. :(

AnonymousHero

AnonymousHero
  • Members
  • 471 posts

Alesia_BH wrote...
I do play with the music on.

I was just going to berate Grond0 about the sound, and now you say this?

I mean, yes, the music is incredible (especially for a game this old), but I know you're listening out for the "incantus" and "pulka" and so forth... and yet you still have the music enabled?

Humanoid_Taifun

Humanoid_Taifun
  • Members
  • 1,444 posts
I'm posting a lot in the NRC thread these days. Not planning to make common-praxis out of it, but maybe you'll find this helpful, since you're trying to listen to it at every opportunity:

1) Illusion: "Veritas, Credo, Oculos" = "The truth, I believe, with my eyes"
2) Alteration: "Praeses, Alia, Fero" = "Protecting, another, I bring this forth"
3) Necromancy: "Vita, Mortis, Careo" = "Life, and death, I am without"
4) Divination: "Scio, Didici, Pecto" = "I know, for I have studied, with my mind"
5) Abjuration: "Manus, Potentis, Paro" = "A hand, powerful, I prepare"
6) Evocation: "Incertus, Pulcher, Imperio" = "Uncertain, beautiful things, I command"
7) Conjuration: "Facio, Voco, Ferre" = "This I do, I call, to bring you forth"
8) Enchantment: "Cupio, Virtus, Licet" = "I want, excellence, allowed to me"

AnonymousHero

AnonymousHero
  • Members
  • 471 posts

Humanoid_Taifun wrote...

I'm posting a lot in the NRC thread these days. Not planning to make common-praxis out of it, but maybe you'll find this helpful, since you're trying to listen to it at every opportunity:

2) Alteration: "Praeses, Alia, Fero" = "Protecting, another, I bring this forth"
4) Divination: "Scio, Didici, Pecto" = "I know, for I have studied, with my mind"
6) Evocation: "Incertus, Pulcher, Imperio" = "Uncertain, beautiful things, I command"

Thank you. I still find it kind of incredible that they would differentiate spell sounds based on school, but it's just one of those things that makes BG so incredibly good.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

AnonymousHero wrote...

I mean, yes, the music is incredible (especially for a game this old), but I know you're listening out for the "incantus" and "pulka" and so forth... and yet you still have the music enabled?

Yeah. It's easy enough to seperate out the incantations. I keep the volume on the tactically relevant sounds higher then the music volume. The issue for me isn't that it might obscure other sounds. Rather, it's the possibility of the music effecting emotions and thus decisions.

The only battles where I've noticed the music having a negative effect  are the Final Ascension Battles and Abazigal's Lair. There are times when I likely would have made better choices had the music not created a sense of urgency. Aside from that, it doesn't seem to effect my play that much and I do tend to enjoy it.

Mind you, the music may very well have played a part in Ashoka's death: I'm not sure I would have paniced and clouded her aura when I did had the music not been playing. I'll likely turn it off if and when Alessandra reaches that fight.

Anyhoo. I do recommend experimenting with turning music off even though I tend to keep it on. I think some might find that it really helps their play. And yeah. Incantations: they really should be on. Footsteps as well because they help you keep track of stuff that can't be seen.

Best,

A.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Humanoid_Taifun wrote...

Thanks! I've know the word-school pairings for some time, but it's wonderful to have spellings finally!

Btw. The first two Paladin Quests are done- pretty straightforward battles. She's babysitting now.

Edited by Alesia_BH, 19 November 2011 - 08:55 PM.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
Hmmm. Another question for the Paladins out there...

One of the Assassins Stealthed up to the second floor and then chunked Tyrianna with a backstab. Alessandra didn't get a Journal Update when she died and no one has shown up. Does that sound right?

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

AnonymousHero wrote...
I was just going to berate Grond0 about the sound ...

Go on berate me harderPosted Image.

I did used to have the sound on when the game first came out ("Full Plate and Packing Steel"), but there's a balance to draw between likelihood of success in the game and ability to play it in the first place.  I'm sure those with families who don't entirely approve of video games know what I meanPosted Image.

Enuhal

Enuhal
  • Members
  • 363 posts
Hello,
I'm back for the challenge, after not having played the game for a while. Since I never actually managed to beat ToB with a completely randomized party in a no-reload game (the last party was killed by Draconis), this will be me trying it again.

Playing on Core-Rules without mods. All 6 characters are completely randomized, except for how they look and their thief abilites (randomizing that many points would be pointless). Here are the characters:

The Bhaalspawn:
Aedan, a male neutral elven thief. His stats:
12/16/11/13/13/11
Profiency Points: *Scimitars, *Daggers, *Slings, *Two-Handed Weapon Style
Right now he's at level 10 and has 45 hitpoints. I invested mainly in open locks/find traps and am now starting to improve his stealth skills. My previous bhaalspawn, the halfling barbarian Isis, was clearly superior.

Shakti, a female chaotic evil gnome cleric/illusionist. Her stats:
13/10/16/13/10/14
Profiency Points: *Maces, *Slings, *Two-Handed Weapon Style
Right now she's at level 7/8 with 47 hitpoints. The classes are great, but her wisdom and intelligence scores are rather bad. Still, a very important character to have. Her starting spell selection, also randomized, was pretty much horrible, with Glitterdust being almost the only useful mage spell.

Phobos, a male chaotic evil half-elven barbarian. His stats:
11/15/13/12/10/15
Profiency Points: *Two-Handed Swords, *Halberds, *Longswords, **Single Weapon Style, *Two-Handed Weapon Style
Right now he's at level 8 with 61 hitpoints. The only pure fighter-type character of the party, and his speed bonus is very useful right now. Assumes the role of party leader. Over all, I really like him.

Argus, a male neutral good halfling fighter/thief. His stats:
12/9/15/12/11/17
Profiency Points: *Katanas, *Daggers, *Darts, *Scimitars, *Clubs, *Two Weapon Style
Right now he's at level 7/8 with 49 hitpoints. He's good at stealth and slowly learning to detect illusions. Right now the character is not as useful as he could be, though his backstabbing abilites are starting to come in handy.

Achilleus, a male chaotic evil half-orc bounty hunter. His stats:
15/11/12/11/16/10
Profiency Points: Short Swords*, Daggers*, *Weapon and Shield Style, *Two Weapon Style
Right now he's at level 10 with 52 hitpoints. He can set traps and is learning to use stealth. Another thief. I am really not good with thiefs, the class being one of the very few base classes I haven't finished the game with. Would have preffered pretty much anything else to another thief.

Adrastos, a male lawful good dwarven cleric. His stats:
10/16/15/11/15/10
Profiency Points: *Single Weapon Style, *Two-Handed Weapon Style, *Two Weapon Style. Recently added: *Slings
Right now he's at level 8 with 47 hitpoints. One of the more useful characters.

The party finished Irenicus' Dungeon by using lots of animate dead, glitterdust and hold person-spells, sometimes a few buffs like bless, chant and strength for the whole party. Neither Duergars nor Shadow Thieves were a big problem, though the group couldn't kill the vampire.

In Athkatla, first thing to do was the Circus Tent. The group killed the orcs with ranged weapons and managed to defeat Khala before the shadows could do too much damage. Selling some stuff and buying gem bags and scroll cases, resting and getting some additional things from the first shadow thieves encounter was also done before entering the slums.

At Copper Coronet, Aedan started the slaver quest. He took the gloves of pick-pocketing and killed Linnys, then attacked the Copper Coronet guardians and the winter wolf. For the Beastmaster, Achilleus prepared some traps, and Phobos lured the animals out. Argus managed to backstab the enemy, and Shakti's Hold Person Spell rendered him completely helpless. The group watched as Hendak killed Lethian.

At the Government District, Aedan bought a magic license for the gnomish cleric/illusionst and helped out Jan before saving Viciona from the fanatics with some hold spells. At the docks, the mad cleric didn't stand a chance. Aedan took his time to disarm, open and steal from any shadow thief-chests and all those in Mae'Vars headquarters, too. Lots of experience, potions and other useful items. Shakti drank three intelligence-boosting potions to learn all the spells the group had gathered so far.

That's it for now. I personally don't have high hopes for this party, it isn't very compatible to my playing style, and I am not really that fond of thieves and clerics (though I love clerics in BG1). Let's see how far they can get :)

Edited by Enuhal, 19 November 2011 - 11:33 PM.

AnonymousHero

AnonymousHero
  • Members
  • 471 posts

Grond0 wrote...
I'm sure those with families who don't entirely approve of video games know what I meanPosted Image.

The only correct response is to KILL THEM.

AnonymousHero

AnonymousHero
  • Members
  • 471 posts

Alesia_BH wrote...
Yeah. It's easy enough to seperate out the incantations. I keep the volume on the tactically relevant sounds higher then the music volume. The issue for me isn't that it might obscure other sounds. Rather, it's the possibility of the music effecting emotions and
thus decisions.

You are a machine... and I mean that in a good way!

EDIT: Oh, and welcome back, Enuhal! :)

Edited by AnonymousHero, 19 November 2011 - 11:49 PM.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
Quick Note on Alessandra's Game:

It's confirmed: no more futzing around with Paladins for Alessandra. Not a tragedy really- neither she nor I were enjoying their company. For those keeping score, I'm now 0/6 on Strongholds since my 4/5 year hiatus...

Anyhoo. Alessandra is currently in the Umar Hills. That's been a little more interesting then I generally like things to be since she got the Lich spawns. She was basically happily blowing stuff up with Turn Undead and then..."Ah! That's a Lich! I don't want to fight that....Ah! That's a Balor, I don't want to fight that either...Get out of the way Shade Wolves!...Freak! Greater Mummies. Run this way...Ah: another Lich, damn, and look the Balor is back!...Dart that way...Seriously, get out of my way Shade Wolves!..." Pretty frantic to say the least...

No matter though. She's up to Thaxy now and then it will be the Shade Lord. I'll post a report when the quest is finished.

Best,

A.

Edit: Thaxy and the Shade Lord are down. The Planar Sphere will probably be next.

Edited by Alesia_BH, 20 November 2011 - 01:26 AM.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Grond0 wrote...I'm sure those with families who don't entirely approve of video games know what I meanPosted Image.

AnonymousHero wrote...The only correct response is to KILL THEM.

Or you could use headphones. I'd recommend that over the whole killing the fam thing...

Btw. I did like the Santa one AH.

@Enhual- Welcome Back!

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
 Alessandra in the Umar Hills

Alessandra's time in the Umar Hills was laughably easy, then laughably difficult. It then became laughably easy again with a little digression into unlaughably dull. This is all terribly vauge of course, but it will make sense soon enough.

First a Sword.
Posted Image

Then a Temple. Inside, Alessandra eschewed her Undead Hunter status and became an Undead Popper instead.
Posted Image

A few holdouts needed Azuredge, but there was very little that needed to be done.
Posted Image.

That's when things got tricky.

Hmm. I get the feeling there is something here that I'm not seeing...
Posted Image

Fighting the Lich wouldn't have been that troublesome, but it didn't seem like good business: there was much to lose and little to gain. And so Alessandra parted ways with her shriveled playmate. She received a going away present before she could take leave of him however.
Posted Image

Same considerations here. The Balor could be slayed, but it would serve little purpose and the cost could get high. And so, Alessandra chose to leave it alone. For the non SCS players, these fellows have a seeingly inexhuastible supply of Stoneskins, and cast Symbol: Death continuously. The also run Aura of Flaming death and have quite a lot of hitpoints. They're a nuisance to be sure. Alessandra basically did a lot of running.

Turn Undead helped when stuff got in the way. Running into a second Lich's call for help range, less so.
Posted Image

Took care of the less fearsome enemies in a convenient location.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Evenutally, Alessandra decided that Pro Undead Scrolls were made for days like this -exactly- and did some reading. Time for Thaxy.

Now this was the unlaughably dull part...

Dragons need Remove Magic and Haste. They also need to get mileage out of their Breath weapon. If they don't have the needed spells, and can't get their breath weapon into play, they have little hope assuming you don't do something foolish. Thaxy had no hope. But she also had no desire to go down quitely. With her Improved Staying Power hitpoint total and her oh-so-fun Invisibility-> Breath Weapon (Blindness)-> Wing Buffet -> Invisibility combo, she consumed a lot of time and ultimately a lot of potions. Alessandra is glad she's dead.

Opened wih a twack from Dragon Slayer. This foiled Dragon Fear as well.
Posted Image

Thaxy: ProMW, Alessandrs, burn 24 seconds.
Posted Image

Thaxy: ProMW expires, Alessandra, Arrow of Dispelling.
Posted Image

Layered in some buffs when she got the time and or space.
Posted Image

Then it was Azureedge. Kept Harmony in the offhand for Chaos. This took a long time mind you...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Finally, the Shade Lord. Here, Alessandra continued her  tradition of making boss upgrades irrelevant. Burned a scroll, saved the potions.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Alessandra will likely have a session this evening. I'm not sure whether it will be the Planar Sphere or Bodhi.

Best,

A.

Current Character Record and Inventory
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Alesia_BH, 20 November 2011 - 11:00 AM.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Alessandra is drinking berduskan wine at the Mithrest once again. She has done a bit of shopping, and plans to head over to the Docks District shortly.

Before settling in for the eve, she ran into a few ruffians at a neighboring inn. Their leader called himself Mencar. He was a capable crusher of pebbles apparently but not, as it turned out, rebellious paladins.

Tried to tag Amon with Poison at outset, but my Queen of Critical Misses chose to strut her stuff once again...
Posted Image

Next, Alessandra went Sanctuary-> Ras. She then faded and executed Dispel->Poison on Amon while the others were occupied. That took the mage out for the picture.
Posted Image

With the first hurdle cleared, Alessandra Sanctuaried and then buffed before taking down the rest in melee.
Posted Image

Current Character Record and Inventory (this time with Proficiencies visible).
Posted Image
Posted Image

Best,

A.

Enuhal

Enuhal
  • Members
  • 363 posts
Aedan, level 11 thief.

The group has made some progress, but they didn't leave Athkatla yet. First thing to note was the stealing of Daystar from the city gates lich's chest - very important tactical component in a group otherwise pretty weak against the undead right now. Next, at the bridge district, Aedan stole the berserker's horn and solved the murders.

For the battle downstairs, Sunray and some buffs were quite sufficient. Some bandits tried to ambush the group but failed horribly. The temple district was looted (amulet of talos and wand of heavens being the most important things to pick up), and Suna Seni was easily defeated via Cloak of Fear by Shakti and Horror by Aedan (and Wand of Heavens by Andrastos). Also, a quick visit to the graveyard to return the bear and save Tidir was in order. Phobos has ** in Longswords right now.

There were some more shadow thieves in the government district before Phobos could talk to Sir Sarles, and some thugs with a poisoned man. At the docks, a combination of Larlochs, Magic Missle, the Wand of Missles and the Wand of Heavens took out Xzars Disciples before they could cast anything. Also, Shakti got *in Staves now. Phobos bought the Belt of Hill Giant Strength from Ribald after that, and Shakti a Breach scroll. She drank 3 potions again and learned all new spell scrolls. Her spell selection is pretty good right now, meaning she and Phobos are definetly the most useful characters.

The group decided to challenge Mencar at the Den of Seven Vales. Achilleus set up 6 traps and the group prepared with skeletons and buffs (haste among them) + stealth. First round saw the deaths of both mages, Mencar and the rogue were held, only the barbarian had to be fought. Over all, the battle was over very quickly.

Next, Aedan will propably fight the Fallen Paladins, Neb and the guys who buried Tidir alive.

BBMorti

BBMorti
  • Members
  • 142 posts
Im sorry to hear about Sumers demise Grond0, this game can be so humbling, jeesh :(

Anonymoushero Yeah I see you are right.. I am not as savey with linking from photobucket as I wish. I will keep trying to find the right way to do it.. thanks for notifying me about the problem.

Vaclavc I think you would have a lot of fun with a solo thief kit, I will do my best not to mess up with your added interest to this run! :happy:

Enuhal that is an interesting aproach with the randomized party.. you keep the stats you get on the first roll right? Good luck!

About Anatole..I need to not forget to take screens! But will try and make an update on her soon, I did however fraps a little fight with a well known crew just for kicks and a bit of viewing pleassure for those who might be interested. :P

Video of Mencar bar fight: youtu.be/e_LPEqR0wpU

Enuhal

Enuhal
  • Members
  • 363 posts
@BBMorti: Yes. I've considered rolling 3D6, but since the game doesn't  allow several races and classes to have their attributes at the minimum, I don't do it. Also, it's faster that way.

Aedan found Tidir's Kidnappers and Shakti held them. For Neb, Phobos used Sunray to dispose of the ghosts, and the group quickly killed the murderer. Didn't give Sir Sarles the real illithium, though.
Aedan had the group prepare with some traps, skeletons and buffs for the fallen paladins, allowing the clerics to cast some hold spells. Another ambush disturbed the randomized party, and they had to use Horror and Cloak of Fear again.
Every day the group doesn't have to use sunray, they go to the graveyard and clear one of the tombs so they always can use the Daystar effectively. Skeleton Warriors are rather difficult to deal with without the spell right now.

Aedan discovered the pirate hideout in the Sea's Bounty and the party, minus a very injured Andrastos, took out the pirates to gain some more money. The thief decided to do some more parts of the Mae'Var questline, using horror against the mephits, and traps + melee attacks and summoned fodder against the golems. The mage himself proved to be more difficult, as Achilleus tried to take him out by himself, being buffed with Death Ward and improved invisibilty. However, Rayic used True Sight and Symbol: Fear (which I forgot to protect him against) and killed the bounty hunter with a fireball. The other party members waited downstairs and then charged, luring the mage in a bad position so they could take him out with melee attacks. Andrastos revived Achilleus.

Also got Edwin's Documents, Embarl's Dagger and proof for Bloodscalp, but won't attack the guild right now, mainly because I'm scared of backstabs. Instead, Aedan will explore the sewers under the copper coronet and free the slaves in the slums next time.

Edited by Enuhal, 20 November 2011 - 04:17 PM.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Alessandra recruited Jan to pick the locks in Mae'Var's Guild Hall and ended up getting dragged into the Lissa quest. Alessandra, Undead Hunter, Queen of Critical Misses, had yet another impressive showing against the Carrion Crawler over by the Hidden.
Posted Image

3 in a row! That ties her personal best! Really should be keeping a running tally for her...

Edit. Just a few footnotes here...

It's always fun to watch Habib jack himself on the Reflection Shield..
Posted Image

Alessandra chose to save Viconia. She suspects that her understanding of evil may yet be incomplete and thinks the Drow may help her.
Posted Image

The Githyanki F/M opened with Remove Magic. That worked, but little else did after that. Alessandra countered with Sanctuary->Rebuff. She then isolated his bud, and punked him with Joril's.
Posted Image

The F/M got Arrow of Dispelling->Poison. 
Posted Image

Githyanki: Minor Sequencer- Invisibility; Alessandra: Detect Invisibility (Dragon Slayer)
Posted Image

The Guthyanki's defiant Flame Arrow bounced off The Reflex and then back to his Spell Turning. It went back and forth between the two untill finally removing the spell protection and a Mirror Image.
Posted Image

The finish.
Posted Image

Alessandra remains a Sword and Shield, Quarterstaff and Bow as needed warrior but she is begining to work in Two-Handed Swords. Once the Speed Factor 5s become available, she'll use them more often. Joril at 7 is passable with her 2 pips in Two-Handed weapons and her personal bracers,  Fast and Frigtening (-1 to Speed Factor). 
Posted Image

Edited by Alesia_BH, 20 November 2011 - 06:09 PM.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
 Alessandra, Undead Hunter in The Docks

Alessandra was hoping to put her new Two-Handed Sword to use in the Mae'Var Quest. But for better or worse, Darts of Stunning stole the show and her shields felt too valuable to set aside. No meaningful damage was taken throughout the quest.

Resist Fire/Cold and the goodies from Firkragg's pad took care of the Mephits. The Golems were later killed in deliberate melee.
Posted Image

Alessandra can Critical Miss to her hearts content- so long as her enemies keep failing thier saves against Dart of Stunning, I don't mind a bit.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ma'Var failed to the opening Dart as well. And while his Priest removed his Paralysis, he was at Near Death by that time.
Posted Image
Posted Image

A Potion of Explosions finished him before he got a chance to heal.
Posted Image

A level up gave Alessandra her first HLA: Hardiness. 
Posted Image

She then went upstairs, and finished the thieves with a bit more confidence.
Posted Image

Current Character Record and Inventory.
Posted Image
Posted Image

It may be time to take down Firkragg.

Best,

A.

Enuhal

Enuhal
  • Members
  • 363 posts
Aedan, level 12 Thief.

Down at the Copper Coronet sewers, the group had to fight hobgoblins, Mykonids and kobolds before acquiring Lirlarcor (serves mainly as anti-confusion weapon if I don't want to use enrage for Phobos). With some minor buffs, Aedan attacked the slavers and proceeded to lure the other enemies into the room, where ranged weapons awaited them.
Argus backstabbed one of the mages with 4x damage, and look at the result: shameful, indeed. Right now, he's really not very effective.

Horror still is a good way for dealing with ambushed. Had to use some potions to kill the crypt king. Some easy experience was made from killing the ogre dockworkers. While he was at the bridge, Aedan also decided to pay Captain Dennis a visit. Opened up with traps and backstabs. Though the mage died quickly, the battle was tough (since the warriors are far better equipped and more capable than Phobos). However, the clerics eventually managed to hold most of the enemies. A few seconds later, they were either stunned or killed.

I also decided to kill the party in the bridge district house by luring them out and eventually killing the mage.

Since there isn't much easy stuff left do do in Athkatla, Aedan travelled to Umar Hills to do the easier things up there: The killer mimic, some umber hulks and the golem. Also got a shield for Shakti from the ogres. Bought a Robe of Vecna and a Ring of Air Control.

At Windspear hills, the group fought the Knights, some thugs and helped the dryads.

There isn't much to say in terms of tactics right now - all is centered around Phobos and his melee capabilites. He charges, the others use backstabs or ranged weapons and spells to assist him, while for tougher battles we prepare with bless, chant, strength, prot from evil 3m, defensive harmony, haste, enrage, mirror image and other spells - and, if possible, Achilleus' traps.

Went to Watcher's Keep for a potion case and a +4 crossbow for Aedan (last level up got him *in Crossbows, while Achilleus gained *Shortbows and Argus **Katanas).

Sice we already have Daystar and the Wand of Fire from Rayic, Aedan went to the crypt at the graveyard district, using the wand to kill the spiders. Further into the crypt, Sunray was put to good use, and an enraged Phobos killed the Vampyr. Fighting Shadowfiends and Mummies without additional sunrays was tough, and we had to use lots of offensive spells when the barbarian was held to save his life. Luckily, the group was successful. Nothing more of interest down there, though.

Aedan and the party travelled to the temple ruins next. I tried to put Argus' abilites to use, finally giving him a time to shine with activating the mirror and luring the shadows to the crystal, but in the 1 second he was actually visible, he got held and was killed. Phobos was much more successful, and Andrastos revived the fighter/thief.
Downstairs, Skeleton Warriors were wounded by sunray, and Mazzy was freed. About this time I added Andrastos to the melee fighters, assisting Phobos, since he has a better armor class with his ankheg armor and staff (he doesn't have enough strength for plate mail, so this was the best I could give to him - even though 5000gm is pretty expensive). With some potions of strength and heroism, the group fought their way further into the ruins, eventually killing the bone golem and solving the riddles. The Lord of Shadows was incredibly easy, nobody took any damage. New armor for Phobos and for Aedan!

So far so good. At least Phobos, Andrastos and Shakti are doing a good job :) Still not a fan of the three thieves, though. I guess the Druid Grove is next.

BBMorti

BBMorti
  • Members
  • 142 posts
Ooops, sorry sigh. :?

Edited by BBMorti, 21 November 2011 - 02:46 PM.