Photo

Baldur's Gate 2 No-Reload Challenge

• Please log in to reply
15228 replies to this topic

Alaestr

Alaestr
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Big congratulations, Grond0. Not only is it impressive that you actually did it, but -maybe even more- astonishing is the time that you did it in. Wish you best with your Fighter/Thief. 

Best of luck to Kenthief. Seems Figher/Thieves are a thing these times. 

So far my two Wizard Slayers died in the Irenicus' Dungeon. How do you do it, Grond0? What is a trick?

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Best of luck to Kenthief. Seems Figher/Thieves are a thing these times. 

Thanks! I just may need the luck, with the poor saving throws of Kenthief. By the way, one trick I used with Kenthief in Irenicus' dungeon was that if was taking trap damage, poison especially, if I immediately rested my health was restored. Not viable with SCS, but works in vanilla. That saved me some heal potions - but I notice I'm not using very many with Kenthief so far - I guess if you one-shot an enemy with a backstab, you aren't going to take a lot of damage...

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

So far my two Wizard Slayers died in the Irenicus' Dungeon. How do you do it, Grond0? What is a trick?

That dungeon is one of the hardest parts of the entire game for a WS.  Things that might help you in a vanilla set-up:

- most encounters with spell-casters and similar are unnecessary, e.g. ogre mage, elemental plane, clone, duergar, Ulvaryl.

- use DUHM regularly (resting as necessary).

- use ranged combat to try and isolate attackers and reduce the danger of casters (if you're out of sight before a spell is actually cast they will tend not to follow you).

- use doors and area transitions to break up opponents and escape from danger.

If you're using SCS then these strategies will be much less effective and casters will be even more dangerous as they have far more save or else spells. You will want to avoid as much as possible of the dungeon.  That really leaves only the portal room and the final assassins as likely dangers if you're careful.  Use of 4 Bhaal horrors (with the rest you're allowed) will significantly reduce those dangers and give you a good chance of getting through.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

He has a selfmade random character generator. You could also try this if you are interested in that kind of stuff.

I looked at that, and the UI for my random generator is a lot better I think - but you can judge for yourself (screenshot of UI below)

rndmcharscreenshot_zpsf3656637.png

Mr_Goldbeard

Mr_Goldbeard
  • Members
  • 74 posts

"So far my two Wizard Slayers died in the Irenicus' Dungeon."

Are we talking about the beginning or spellhold?

Alaestr

Alaestr
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Yorik, the ruthless Wizard Slayer. Update No.1 and Finale.

I had quite a detailed update, but it got deleted due to my missclick, so my will to write is low. Yorik beelined to the exit in the Irenicus Dungeon, did the circus, cleared some of the Graveyard, did the first Suna encounter (a couple of Horrors and killed only Suna for Arbane), solved murders in the Bridge District, caught the red guy (level 10). Yorik got caught by the second ambush while on his way to the Temple District, he applied the tactic already used in the Suna encounter, but it wasn't enough to kill even one opponent, since Yorik failed a save on a Slow spell, so he took Renfeld and fled. In the Temple District my dwarf took the priestess' necklace and headed to Mea'Var. He returned Renfeld body, got a mission from Xzar, took another one from Edwin and decided to try to kill Prebek and Sanasha. He used Shatter Magic there for a first time. Initially Yorik cast Horror, which scared Prebek. Sanasha succesfully cast Confusion on Yorik, but it lasted only a few rounds in which she summoned animals and ran around. After dealing with summons Yorik cast second Horror - no effect - and started whacking Sanasha with Shatter Magic on. The ability worked! Combat protections were removed and Sanasha soon fell. When Prebek woke he cast Charm and Yorik's run ended. Back to basics. Might give Yorik another go. 

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Sorry to hear of Yorik's demise, Aleastr. You can get a protection from charm helmet in the Temple District. I always make this a high priority for my solo characters that can use helms, as it helps with vampires as well.

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Dust, dwarven kensai, entering the challenge straight from BG1

Baldr269_zps734184d8.png

After escaping the dungeon via Dungeon-be-gone, Circus was Dust's first adventure. Aerie was briefly joined, to cast several healing spells and a Chant for good measure. Dust used his Ki step (2x movement speed for 1 round) to run upstairs to Kalah and killed him in a round with Ki strikes.

Baldr275_zps52d59db1.png

Korhvale and his little friend cost a good deal of potions, but were slain as well.

Baldr278_zps60c58efd.png

From Slums, I travel up to Goverment district. I adopt Xan (Xan NPC by Kulyok) and Jan. Attempt to free Viconia was succesfull, even tough it was a close call - if this spell was Hold, it might have been a game-ender. Luckily, it was Doom.

Baldr284_zpsc538f8c5.png

After taking Viconia in my group, travel path is City Gates - Umar Hills. I wanted Ilbratha sword asap. Unfortunately, Viconia  can't cast Chaotic Commands yet, but I pre-buff extensivly and go fight the Umber Hulks. First save was failed.

Baldr289_zpsd70f7ce0.png

Xan tries a Web to hold the hulks, but Dust wondered away and hulks followed him, so avoided Web completely.

Baldr290_zps81c222dc.png

Viconia helps out. Both Xan and Jan are trapped in Web.

Baldr291_zps25b7fe58.png

Dust kills Viconia.

Baldr292_zps806229c6.png

After killing Viconia, he starts attacking the Umber Hulks, and kills them. Phew....

Baldr293_zps0fc1e9e2.png

Finishing the small quests in Umar Hills, and aquired Nature's Ward shield - IR substitute for Shield of the Lost. Ilbratha is mostly unchanged, altough it provides a +2 AC bonus. Dust would love to use it, but he wields katanas, not short swords. Mirror image is priceless, however.

Baldr296_zps6e029106.png

Retured to the city, and adopted Korgan as my final party member. Maybe I'll take Edwin, but I'm not yet sure since Rayic Gethras is quite dangerous. Did Copper Coronet quest, and agreed to clear out the slavers.

Entered Graveyard to help Korgan, and had a very close call. Dust got webbed and poisoned, was loosing HP very rapidly.

Viconia's Slow Poison arrived just in time.

Baldr301_zps85119556.png

Battle was won, but I always seem to underestimate some "easy" encounters after finishing BG1.

Baldr302_zps75379246.png

Dust needs a helmet, and given one exists in the very area we're in, assault was made on Drow spider mistress. Managed to disrupt her Insect casting via fast melee strikes, and she fell quickly.

Baldr303_zps3ea4d2e9.png

Even if we have no AoE spells, little spiders were easy pickings.

Baldr304_zps4c9356ce.png

Entering the south tombs, the undead were slain with a lot of help from our summoned skeletons and Kitthix.

No one got level drained, which is great. For the record, Korgan's Rage does not protect him from getting level drained (or Mazed/Imprisonmented, for that matter).

Baldr306_zpse038e840.png

Had some trouble with the last batch of undead due to poor AC on my kensai, but that will improve with time.

Baldr308_zps99ffae0e.png

Suna Seni encounter triggered as we exited the Graveyard. We were fully buffed and under Jan's Invisibility 10' radius. Both cleric and Suna were killed of instantly, and mage followed as the next victim.

Baldr314_zps6e4e3e75.png

I triggered the next encounter (poisoned man) without such pre-buff, which made Xan die to a lightning bolt. Regardless, we deliver  the poisoned man to Harpers and accept Xzar's quest.

Baldr324_zps1f6a73ed.png

It's hard work killing mages without Chaotic Commands. Korgan entered the Zhentarim house alone, got blinded, glitterdusted, and charmed. When charm expired, he rages.

Jan entered the house invisible and started to detect illusions.

Baldr331_zps0d0ba689.png

After the enemies waste their disables, Dust joins to help mop up the place.

Baldr333_zpsf0d466d1.png

Finished the Harper's quest, and now Dust wears AC6 gauntlets, courtesy of Xzar.

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Grond0, unbelievable! Congratulations, the entire trilogy on no-reload with a Wizard Slayer of all classes. My compliments.
Sorry Goldbeard and Coery to read about your misfortunes... Good luck on you next adventures :)
Aasim good progress there. Best of luck with Dust!

Here's an update on Teyl. My installments in this thread will be more concise from now on. I choose to save some time this way.

After Imoen's arrest the party went to the Den of the Seven Vales to confer and to rest. The next morning Teyl, used to working alone, dismissed all his companions, sold loot from Irencius' Dungeon at the Adventurer's Market (the wands brought in some good money) and bought some gear:

Spoiler

Teyl then entered the Circus tent to solve the problem of a number of mysterious dissapearances in there. He "killed" (destroyed) two illusions in order to get Aerie's sword, but he wouldn't let her join the party. He proceeded without bothering to kill any Shadows, and went straight for Kalah. Kalah was easily taken care off. Unfortunately he didn't drop the ring of human influence, but Teyl's 15 CHA isn't bad anyway. Aerie's proposal to join Teyl was declined.
In the Den of the Seven Vales, Mencar Pebblecrusher and friends were taken down with the help of an Amnish guard and Alatelo de Bonito, and with some luck: initially only Amon and Pooky followed Teyl downstairs. Teyl killed Amon, and the guard slew Pooky. Of the remaining foes Brennan disappeared, Mencar was taken down with backstabs and the returning dart, and the backstab immune Barbarian fell to Teyl's dart as well.
The eagerly anticipated Cloak of Non-Detection wasn't on Amon's body (thank you Item Randomizer), so Teyl will remain to be vulnerable against enemy mages.

Spoiler

Selling the loot from Kalah and from Mencar & Co. allowed Teyl to purchase a returning poison tipped dart:

Spoiler

He then moved to the Slums District to have a talk with Gaelan Bayle, and after that he visited the Copper Coronet where he slew the Beastmaster and his pets, freed the slaves, and also stole Hendak's revenge on Lethinan.

Spoiler

Teyl received a mysterious letter from Bernard, with an invitation to meet with a curvy woman in The Five Flagons Inn.

Spoiler

When he spoke with Hendak, the latter requested him to cleanse the Slaver Stockade. Teyl consented, and almost had to pay for that with his life. When exploring the backrooms and corridors under the cover of stealth he came in an area with three Myconids. When they noticed him Teyl decided to flee as he couldn't really be bothered with fighting this type of creatures. But they followed him through the corridors. Teyl managed to hide in shadows and distance himself from the monsters. He decided to animate dead and see how they would fare against the Myconids. However his foes must have caught the sound of Teyl's incantations as they showed up all of a sudden. The Myconid King successfully confused Teyl just when he was finishing his incantation. Confused Teyl, completely cornered, and his skeletons fought bravely against their foes. Initially the Myconids focused on the skeletons, but these didn't last very long. When the skellies were destroyed, the Myconids bagan dealing serious damage to Teyl's health to the point where death seemed inevitable. A critical hit killed one of the Myconids however, and with it the elimination of one his foes, proved to be just enough for Teyl to survive while waiting for the Confusion effect to wear off. The first thing he did when he came to his senses was to quaff a potion of invisibility, distance himself again from his foes, and heal. He then activated his Greenstone Amulet and killed off the remaining two Myconids.

Spoiler

After this narrow escape Teyl solved the riddle in the sewers. He repeatedly tripped a Coudkill trap which helped him slay a number of hobgoblins, but also depleted his own health. Before proceeding to take on the slavers, Teyl returned to Bernard to rest, and went to the Bridge District where he encountered a temple that sold him some healing potions. He also met with Aurora who appeared to have his stylish boots of the cheetah. He wasn't happy buying something he thought belonged to him already back, but he didn't want to make a fuss and invested 6500 GP for the boots that double the wearer's movement speed.

Teyl dealt with the slavers by confronting some of them in their stockade, Captain Haegan and the Priest of Cyric, while others had been lured away toward the sewers/corridors. The Priest of Cyric was dangerous. After being poisoned by Teyl he managed to fully restore his heath with potions. A critical backstab did him in. Haegan fell to Teyl's darts. The Stockade can be used quite well for backstabbing tactics, since there's a large pile of boxes in the middle, behind which Teyl would hide. One room contained two trolls that were brought down with backstabs and killed with Flamestrikes from Teyl's Wand of the Heavens.

Spoiler

When more slaver guards, including two wizards, came for Teyl he retreated to the sewers to take care of the guards down there first. That way he would have more room to manoeuver. Unfortunately the wizards and the other guards followed Teyl down into the sewers. At one point they even cornered stealthed Teyl. As he knew one of the slavers to be near death, he flamestruck that one and freed himself.

Spoiler

One of the mages made Teyl waste another potion of invisibility when he saw a Ray of Enfeeblement cast his way. (Teyl Saved vs the spell.) The slavers, and two Yuan-Ti, were taken on patiently by Teyl, one by one.

Teyl's next step will be to buy some invisibility potions. He has only one left. After that he'll go to the Sahdow Thieves Guild in the Docks District.

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Teyl's adventures in Amn were short-lived.
For the Shadow Thieves / Edwin, he undertook to kill Rayic Gethras in his home in the Docks District. Teyl worked his way past the Mephits on the first floor, and even bested the golems on the second floor.

Spoiler:

a7894e7f985c5f9eacc173ca42f6ce.png

On the third floor he saw with Rayic himself. Teyl entered stealthed, and placed two traps out Rayic's sight. When he became visible the two spoke, and Teyl exused himself and left, only to return once again hidden in shadows, to try a dispelling attack with his Delnar' Eye Gouger dart, but that didn't work. Teyl moved away from Rayic. The traps triggered but didn't kill the mage, who cast a Power Word, Stun on Teyl. It give the mage sufficient time to finish Teyl off with Melf's Minute Meteors.

Spoiler:

b58af5c85e67cfbe7673c9c28c33aa.png

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

@Blackraven: Sorry to hear of you demise to Rayic - you join a long list of no-reloaders who have been slain by him, including some of my characters.

Kenthief the human solo level 9 kensai > level 13 thief - Update 2

Kenthief has made good progress. Kenthief proceeded to the Temple Sewers. Using RoAC, he was able to clear the kobold groups in the area. Then he picked apart the kobolds and the rakshaksha in the middle, doing backstabs when possible on the shamans and one-shotting the Rakshaksha. The nearby troll was taken out as well. Some fireball potions were bought from Roger, thinking I would need it for Panaii (I didn't as it turned out). The cloak of sewers was welcome, for now. By the way, the following screenshot is why I made this build, for these kind of backstabs:

Kenthiefbackstabsfor164damage_zps8e2f8f9

Kenthief used an undead scroll to clear out the graveyard, primarily for the Namuraa to use it's silence ability.

Then Kenthief went to D'Arnise Keep to clear it out. Used potion of defense for the basic trolls, and flame blade to kill them. I did run into a common bug on my install, when that large troll broke up to smaller trolls, the small trolls refused to die - I had to run and close doors and trap them in the hallway, since they were unkillable with the only troll killing weapon that I had at that moment. I used Ring of Air Control ability to take out the Yuan-ti Mage. I did use a haste potion and a snare vs. Glaicas, but it was kind of a waste as the initial backstab weakened him so much he died in one more hit. However, decided to not let this haste go to waste, and used it to kill all the golems. The FoA was forged, and the dungeon was dealt with next. I have no confusion defense, so just used the dog food to distract umber hulks. Torgal was unnecessarily difficult, forgot to put up a potion of a defense and Torgal got a huge critical on me. I ran away to hide, forgetting that Torgal sees thru invisibility. I was forced to run and close a door, heal and get the job done - apparently he was nearly dead and fell shortly there-after. 

Next up was the spiders and Panaii to get critical hit protection (the ioun stone). He was protected by the shield amulet and protection from poison, when possible opening up with a backtab on these enemies which one-shotted them. As i turned out, Kenthief one-shotted Panaii with a backstab as well, so the small spiders were never summoned. Nice.

Druid grove is Kenthief's next target. He could skip stuff, but the experience is welcome still, so he will battle the enemies here, except the trolls in the mounds, as Kenthief doesn't need anything in there, as well as the enemies would just suck Kenthief's potions up.

• Blackraven likes this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Hard luck Blackraven - PW: stun can be nasty if you don't use summons to soak it up.

I did run into a common bug on my install, when that large troll broke up to smaller trolls, the small trolls refused to die - I had to run and close doors and trap them in the hallway, since they were unkillable with the only troll killing weapon that I had

Are you sure this was a bug?  The standard trolls only need 1 HP damage to kill them when comatose, so any hit will do.  These ones are a different breed and I think require something like d6 damage.  Sometimes then a single hit will do, but if your weapon is only doing 1 damage per strike it may take several rounds to kill them - in which case they will regenerate again before you manage it.  You could test that next time by using something like a fireball potion on them to see if it will kill them.

• Blackraven likes this

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Thanks Corey, thanks Grond0.
Corey, my experience is also that the smaller trolls need more damage to die.
Grond0, I had one skellie, but Rayic attacked it with magic missiles, and saved his PW Stun for me. Oh well, new start, new charname...

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

@ Blackraven

Condolences. Rayic is sort of an abomination in this game. His level is really high for some reason (in relation to the time you meet him), even in vanilla game he casts Finger of Death. 

• Blackraven likes this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Hard luck Blackraven - PW: stun can be nasty if you don't use summons to soak it up.

Are you sure this was a bug?  The standard trolls only need 1 HP damage to kill them when comatose, so any hit will do.  These ones are a different breed and I think require something like d6 damage.  Sometimes then a single hit will do, but if your weapon is only doing 1 damage per strike it may take several rounds to kill them - in which case they will regenerate again before you manage it.  You could test that next time by using something like a fireball potion on them to see if it will kill them.

I could dual-wield FoA and the flame blade, that might do the trick.

Kenthief the solo human level 9 kensai > level 14 thief - update 3

Kenthief has solved the trademeet issues, using a potion of defense primarily. Summons and silence dealt with the 2nd group of shadow druids - the 1st were a non-factor since the mage of the 1st group was backstabbed and one-shotted.  Still no confusion immunity, so left the myconids alone. Lots of ambushes, but since Kenthief tries to travel stealthed, if at all possible, this often means the mage in the ambush is one-shotted before their defenses are up. The trademeet genies were backstabbed/meleed dead - the leader took a 101 HP backstab and did not survive. Feels so strange to sell the shield of harmony, since I can't use it.

Here's Kenthief's equipment by this point, if anyone is curious:

KenthiefequipmentBG2_zps0bc2c862.png 

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Dust, 2nd update

In dire need if money, Dust and co decided to pay a visit to WK. Due to our low levels, we got very easy spawns (Mephits, spiders, shadows+2 Wraiths). I didn't explore room with the Stone Golem since I don't have a +2 weapon yet on Korgan or Dust.

Baldr339_zps4f66cf9f.png

No harm done, and we found some nice loot including Paladin's Bracers (Viconia gets them)

Baldr340_zps3240ed94.png

and Crimson Dart (adds fire damage per hit, perfect for troll slaying), Xan gets it for now.

Next to be done is Nalia's keep. It's supposed to be Dust's stronghold, so it's only convinient. Adopted Nalia temorary since if she isn't in the party, she only gives you 650 gold. If she is, she gives 10650 gold.

The loot in the castle is grand ofc, even better than w/o Item Revisions. Ring of Earth Control now has 1xday Stoneskin, and gives +2 to AC. Dust gets this, even if it means he will be targeted by Breach often if he uses it.

Baldr342_zpsb72b8643.png

Yuan-ti mage upstairs killed Jan. Due to his insanely slow level-ups (both his mage and thief class progress as a Paladin) he got caught in the AoE of a Death Spell used on Kitthix.

Baldr345_zps9369b486.png

However, Yuan-ti didn't use any invisibility, got breached by Xan and slain soon after without causing much harm.

Baldr347_zps5cee0b2c.png

Baldr349_zpscb2f4e6f.png

We raise Jan in the temple, and venture back. Jan uses invisibility to gather the loot from statues and to avoid Golems, which are invurnerable to our weapons. The only notable loot here is Frostreaver, but it's also turned into a +1 weapon; albeit with extra effects.

Baldr353_zps8ebdb6e1.png

Against Torgal, I used a bit of cheese. He's able to see through invisibility, and this proved to be his demise. Jan was sent to aggro him, and as he followed, doors were closed behind him. This costs me some gold and scroll of Feeblemind, but it's a neccecary trade for not having to deal with Elder Umber Hulk and two Yuan-ti mages.

We were fully buffed, and Torgal died after a few rounds.

Baldr358_zps1a4c84ce.png

Forged FoA+3, but nobody can use it with any proficiency.

Dust adopts the keep as his own and kicks Nalia out of his group.

Next in the line of "easy" quests were slavers. Jan under invisibility de-trapped the area, than it was a simple matter of removing illusions and letting Dust and Korgan do the dirty work.

Baldr370_zps2076ff25.png

Haegan himself ran into sewers, but we cought up to him.

Baldr374_zps81850503.png

Did Lirarcor quest, and sold a lot of loot. One of Xan's personal quests (elves trying to poison the city) was finished, this nets the party a pair of Boots of Speed and Elven Chainmail, both were sold.

Baldr382_zps9aedcac0.png

Now Dust is pondering what to do next. Party levels are low (Dust, Xan and Korgan 10, Viconia 9, Jan 8/8) and there are preciusly few battles which don't include relatively dangerous oponnents left. Probably Fallen paladins will be done, since reputation is 11. I haven't yet decided what to to with Edwin; either I should kill him or battle Rayic Gethras, which can be deadly. In addition, his Lich quest will force me to fight a Lich, which I don't really want to do at these levels...as things stand, Edwin will probably die. :P  

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Dust, 3rd update

We finished Fallen Paladins quest.

Baldr383_zps0ef0e168.png

Bought Ring of Fire Control at Ribald's store for a stupendous amount of money (15k) but it's worth the coin, since it can be used to obtain immunity to fire. Korgan gets it.

Baldr385_zps9d4e3a88.png

Pondering what to do, we decide to try and fight Mencar Peeblecrusher & co.

Dust and Korgan rush in, only to get all buffs instantly removed.

Baldr387_zpsfa6fc01a.png

Slicer dies first. He's a fairly dangerous oponnent since he moves and attacks rather fast, but is relatively easy to kill.

Baldr388_zpse5242c19.png

Thief dissapeared, but Jan senses something is wrong; saving Viconia from a possibly leathal backstab.

Baldr389_zpsd12328b8.png

Mage confuses Xan and Viconia. Spellpack's version of this spell has a relative duration, it depends on WIS score, hence not long for either Xan or Viconia.

Baldr391_zpsaba5d14b.png

Risling tries to run, but even slowed, Dust is faster. Korgan is in near-death state however, he's taking a fair beating.

Baldr392_zpsfc3ba9bb.png

Jan casts Slow. Only Pooky is affected. Korgan drinks up a big healing potion.

Baldr393_zpse5a5d36a.png

Dust gets charmed, but he isn't attacking anybody. That's quite fine, he isn't getting attacked either.

Baldr395_zps5d748c0d.png

We now go fully offensive, enemies have expended most of their leathal spells. Jan dispels imp.ivisibility and other illusions.

Baldr398_zpsf88945f0.png

Xan is trigger happy with his Lightning bolt, bringing down Amon instantly on a failed save.

Baldr400_zpsd33b2640.png

Korgan's morale broke and he's runing aimlessly. Jan's stoneskin buff gets dispelled (Mencar wields Bala's axe, save or be dispelled). Xan does another Lightning bolt at Pooky.

Baldr402_zps71bcf741.png

Another failed save, Pooky is no more. Viconia starts Remove Fear.

Baldr403_zpsb5113247.png

Remove Fear connects with Korgan, and now Mencar's morale brakes!

Baldr405_zps17db1852.png

Fin.

Baldr406_zps6ec6d661.png

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Assim, thanks I'll be much more careful with Rayic in subsequent playthroughs. Generally my metaknowledge of BG2 simply isn't as good at present as my knowledge of BG1 (says a lot about my no-reload performances no? lol)
Anyway glad to see you make good progress. Keep it up!

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Dust, 4th update

Tarnor the Hatchetman & the gang

We waded in fully buffed, and invisible to boot. Target - Gaius. He is fairly high-leveled, can have instalkill spells, and no risk can be taken. Bit of luck here, he got chunked in a single hit. Dust ain't no thief, but his Ki strike is fairly leathal.

Baldr409_zpsd5f9fbac.png

The real battle now erupts. Zorl is  instantly targeted by everyone before his spells take effect, and goes down to Xan's Lightning bolt.

Baldr410_zps38f0eae3.png

Next 2 rounds bring two more casualties, Rengaard and Tarnor.

Baldr415_zps7e479e6d.png

Glachobhair and a group of goblins posed no threat.

Baldr416_zps7e5f9fa7.png

Still under some minor buffs left, we immidiately re-cast Haste and kill of the Rakshasa. He had a pre-cast stoneskin.

Baldr419_zps47e493bb.png

Sold some loot, and bought this amulet for Korgan at Lathander temple.

Baldr424_zps1ea96408.png

..and Stonefire from Copper Corronet, otherwise Korgan won't have a weapon higher than +1 enhancement.

Baldr425_zpsed6f7feb.png

Temple of the Amaunator was next. Has one close call when Dust got held by shadows, but Xan immidately hasted Korgan who cleared out the threat.

Baldr429_zps64feb513.png

Adopted Mazzy. I'll probably keep her, and kill Edwin.

Shade Lord

I'm far more careful this time, Korgan is to take the chances for disintegration. We undertake heavy pre-buff in Thaxy lair, and arrive on top fully charged and ready. Mr. Shade opens up with his Shadow Mantle.

Baldr434_zps33f1039c.png

Mazzy and Dust kill off Patrick, Korgan can't hit Shade until we remove his protections, thus he attacks the altar. Xan casts Secret Word on Shade, removing his Spell Turning.

Baldr435_zps3ce1435d.png

Xan casts Breach, while Shade casts Blade Barrier. We got hit by shadows so our strenght scores aren't as nice, but it doesn't really matter.

Baldr437_zps4a5feda1.png

Dust delivers the killing blow.

Baldr438_zpsf45234bd.png

We gained 2 nice items here, Darkmail for Mazzy

Baldr439_zpsf940d547.png

and Nature's Vengeance cloak for Korgan, with a "lightning fireshield" effect.

Baldr440_zps91b130aa.png

Brief visit to Windspear hills netted us 2 very nice scrolls, but Jan failed to learn both <_<

Baldr449_zps192f75d2.png

From there, I had to quickly return to the city since I had to finish Jan's quest for Lisa. This was done, and now Jan has become a permanent addition to my group.

Killed Edwin to get his key, and accepted the quest to kill him. This was done fairly swiftly. I'll make SCS mages have long-duration buffs like stoneskin in place before the battle starts, otherwise I fear there's little they can do against Dust and Korgan striking from invisibility.

Baldr454_zpsd74184a1.png

We still had some trouble cause Jan got backstabbed for hefty damage...

Baldr457_zps8f4e9862.png

..but once the assassin was out of invisibility potions he was easy pray.

Baldr458_zpsee76a86d.png

Bought Bracers of Defence AC4 from Ribald for Dust (AC 3 are only available in ch.6) and Golden Girdle (+4 vs slashing), also for Dust. 

I should probably finish either Windspear Hills or Guarded Compound next, since I'd love some +2 or +3 katana for Dust to use.

Alaestr

Alaestr
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Condolences go to you, Blackraven. I feel your pain since I already have my share of dying to PW:Stun.

What is your installation setup, Aasim? Looks quite challenging.

• Blackraven likes this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

What is your installation setup, Aasim? Looks quite challenging.

Here is my Weidu log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #100 // TobEx - Core: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #101 // Apply Concentration Check On Damage [WIP]: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #105 // No Spell Interruption On Zero Damage: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #106 // Use Caster Level On Mirror Image [C]: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #112 // Level One Proficiency Restrictions: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #124 // Make All Attack Animations Genuine Attacks: Beta 0025
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB)
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings,   Dwarves, and Gnomes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v10
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: 1.18 (28 Apr 13)
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Additional Elminster Encounter: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // Angelo Notices Shar-teel: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // Coran and the Wyverns: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kivan and Tazok: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Branwen and Tranzig: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Safana the Flirt: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Audio Restorations: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Area Corrections and Restorations: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Permanent Corpses: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Original Saga Music Playlist Corrections: v13_120121
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #27 // Sarevok's Diary Corrections: v13_120121
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #2 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Edwin his BG2 portrait: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #4 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #5 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Minsc his BG2 portrait: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #18 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location -> Alora Starts in Gullykin: v20
~BG1NPCMUSIC/BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack -> Install Regular Audio Only: v5
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installing the Slime Quest...: 9_140325
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Installing the Beregost Family Quest...: 9_140325
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Installing the Babysitting Quest, including the Carnival Encounter...: 9_140325
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Installing the Nashkel Monster Quest...: 9_140325
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Installing the Fallen Paladin Quest...: 9_140325
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Installing the Undying Love Quest...: 9_140325
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Installing the Orcish Lover Encounter...: 9_140325
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Installing the Unexpected Help Quest...: 9_140325
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #8 // Installing the Quest "Many little paws"...: 9_140325
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Drunk near Beregost Temple: 9_140325
~VIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Victor's Improved Races: v2.0
~VIC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Victor's Wizards Know Better(have more Lore): v2.0
~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II: v14
~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install alternate class for Xan? -> Change Xan's class to Sorcerer: v14
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn: V14
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SOA Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter): V14
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal: V14
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter): V14
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Improved Sahuagin City
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Bodhi
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #14 // Kensai Ryu's Gnome Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #21 // Gebhard Blucher's Improved Mind Flayers
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #24 // Kensai Ryu's Smarter Vampires
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Revised Hell Trials
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue & Combat Enhancement
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: V3 Beta 1.16
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Potion Revisions: V3 Beta 1.16
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1 // Masterwork Weapons: V3 Beta 1.16
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Store Revisions: V3 Beta 1.16
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1042 // Heavy Armor Encumbrance -> Dexterity and Speed Factor Penalties: V3 Beta 1.16
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1050 // Revised Armor Bonuses: V3 Beta 1.16
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Shield Bonuses: V3 Beta 1.16
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #11 // Dual Wielding Changes for Light and Heavy Weapons: V3 Beta 1.16
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #12 // Items of Protection Can Be Worn with Magical Armor: V3 Beta 1.16
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #13 // Halberds Can Slash, Too: V3 Beta 1.16
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1093 // Remove Weapon Restrictions from Multi-classed Divine Spellcasters -> Clerics and Druids, With Halved Specialization: V3 Beta 1.16
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #16 // PnP Equipment for Druids -> Druids and Fighter/Druids: V3 Beta 1.16
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Kensai Can Wear Bracers: V3 Beta 1.16
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Thieves Can Use Wands: V3 Beta 1.16
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #17 // Weapon Changes: V3 Beta 1.16
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Enchantment Doesn't Affect Speed Factor of Weapons: V3 Beta 1.16
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v3.1 (Hotfix 03)
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v3.1 (Hotfix 03)
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: v3.1 (Hotfix 03)
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v3.1 (Hotfix 03)
~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kit Revisions: Beta 20
~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #100 // Revised Grandmastery: Beta 20
~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #110 // Revised THAC0 tables: Beta 20
~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #120 // Revised Saving Throws: Beta 20
~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #130 // Revised XP Progression: Beta 20
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised High Level Abilities: Refinements v 3.31
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #103 // 1ppv4: Extended palette entries -> Full install (recommended)
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #104 // 1ppv4: GUI additions for BGII
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #105 // 1ppv4: Avatar fixes
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #106 // 1ppv4: Female Dwarves -> Separate Avatars for Female Dwarves - Baldur's Gate II
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #111 // 1ppv4: Thieves Galore -> BGII - Unique Thief Avatars
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #200 // 1ppv4: Core content patches
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #206 // 1ppv4: Additional Shield Animations (core)
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #208 // 1ppv4: Additional Helmet Animations (core)
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #400 // 1ppv4: Core updates and item patches
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #401 // 1ppv4: Improved projectile effects
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #301 // 1ppv4: Miscellaneous content fixes
~SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.TP2~ #0 #1113 // Doom
~SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.TP2~ #0 #1131 // Faerie Fire
~SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.TP2~ #0 #1313 // Holy Smite, Unholy Blight
~SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.TP2~ #0 #1621 // Entropy Shield
~SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.TP2~ #0 #1720 // Earthquake
~SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.TP2~ #0 #1705 // Fire Storm
~SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.TP2~ #0 #2203 // Detect Invisibility
~SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.TP2~ #0 #2224 // Glitterdust
~SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.TP2~ #0 #2401 // Confusion (Wizard and Priest)
~SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.TP2~ #0 #2412 // Minor Malison and Greater Malison
~SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.TP2~ #0 #2501 // Animate Dead (Wizard and Priest)
~SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.TP2~ #0 #2508 // Chaos
~SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.TP2~ #0 #2404 // Ice Storm
~SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.TP2~ #0 #2503 // Cone of Cold
~SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.TP2~ #0 #2714 // Prismatic Spray
~SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.TP2~ #0 #2810 // Incendiary Cloud
~SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.TP2~ #0 #2909 // Time Stop
~SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.TP2~ #0 #2913 // Wail of the Banshee
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #500 // Major locations explored upon visit: 11 (5 Feb 12)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v14
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v14
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items: v14
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v14
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v14
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v14
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v14
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v14
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3170 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark: v14
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: v14
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: v14
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: v14
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: v14
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: v14
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4080 // Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage (Domi): v14
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4090 // Make Montaron an Assassin (Andyr): v14
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1901 // Standardise spells: BG1 vs BG2 -> Introduce BG2 spell scrolls into BG1: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // True Sight/True Seeing spells protect from magical blindness: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Re-introduce potions of extra-healing: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Grant large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures protection from Web and Entangle: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4110 // Allow NPC pairs to separate: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4120 // NPCs go to inns: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4130 // Move NPCs to more convenient locations: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4146 // Skip the Candlekeep tutorial sections -> Skip Candlekeep altogether (warning: breaks the 4th wall!): v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5020 // Remove the blur graphic effect from the Cloak of Displacement: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5050 // Stackable ankheg shells, winterwolf pelts and wyvern heads: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6024 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to spellcasters -> All eligible spellcasters in Throne of Bhaal and Shadows of Amn get HLAs (very challenging and not really recommended!): v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages -> Mages cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests -> Priests cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs -> All of the potions dropped by slain enemies are recoverable: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6500 // Improved golems: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6510 // Improved fiends -> Fiends have about 50 percent more hit points than normal: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6520 // Smarter genies -> Genies have about 50 percent more hit points than normal: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6530 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have about 50 percent more hit points than normal: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6540 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons have a substantial hit point increase: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6550 // Smarter beholders -> Give beholder rays some chance to "burn through" spell protections; beholder antimagic blocks all spells, including harmful ones, for a round (simulates D&D rules): v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6590 // Smarter Throne of Bhaal final villain: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6800 // Smarter Illasera: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6810 // Smarter Gromnir: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6820 // Smarter Yaga-Shura: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6830 // Smarter Abazigal: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6840 // Give Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai SCSII scripts and abilities: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6850 // Give Ascension demons SCSII scripts and abilities: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved doppelgangers: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved Ulcaster: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Demon Cultists: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Improved Bassilus: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Improved Drasus party: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Red Wizards: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Improved Undercity party: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7200 // Tougher chapter-two end battle: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7210 // Tougher chapter-three end battle: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7220 // Tougher chapter-four end battle: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7230 // Tougher chapter-five end battle: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7250 // Improved final battle: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7900 // Improved minor encounters: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8010 // Improved Shade Lord: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8020 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8050 // Improved Random Encounters: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8060 // Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Spirit trolls have the same powers as in the original game: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8070 // Improved Unseeing Eye: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8100 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8120 // Improved Beholder hive (adapted from Quest Pack): v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8140 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Upgrade Ust Natha's defences: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8150 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8160 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8170 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8180 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8190 // Improved Minor Encounters: v28
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #101 // Prevent skeletal and incorporeal undead from being affected by Illithids' Devour Brain attack: v4.23
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Additional racial traits for Dwarves: v4.23
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Additional racial traits for Gnomes: v4.23
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #202 // Revised Bhaalpowers -> Enhance the Bhaalpowers and standardize their casting time: v4.23
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #261 // Altered XP rewards from locks, traps and scrolls -> Improved (lowered) XP rewards from locks, traps and scrolls: v4.23
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #270 // Unbiased quest rewards: v4.23
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #310 // Distinctive creature coloring: v4.23
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #315 // Distinctive creature soundsets: v4.23
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #510 // Expanded temple services: v4.23
~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.02
~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ #0 #0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Level 1 NPCs: List party-joinable NPCs (required to install any NPC components): v1.9
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #55 // Dudleyfix for BG1 NPCs: v1.9
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Fix BG1 NPC spells and innate abilities: v1.9
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1228 // Kivan: v1.9
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1212 // Minsc: v1.9
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1235 // Xan: v1.9
~POLYTWEAK/POLYTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #50 // PnP mind flayer attacks: v2.00
~POLYTWEAK/POLYTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #60 // Improved (less buggy) trolls: v2.00
~POLYTWEAK/POLYTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #70 // Improved Umberhulks: v2.00
~POLYTWEAK/POLYTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #80 // Improved Yuan-Ti: v2.00
~POLYTWEAK/POLYTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #83 // Improved Minotaurs: v2.00
~POLYTWEAK/POLYTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #85 // Corrected Vampire Stats: v2.00
~POLYTWEAK/POLYTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #150 // Cernd: v2.00
~POLYTWEAK/POLYTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #300 // Keldorn: v2.00
~POLYTWEAK/POLYTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #500 // Nalia: v2.00

Outlined in red are (imo) the most important changes to original game (well apart SCS, Revision mods and Refinements).
Concentration check - probably the biggest tweak of all, makes clerics and druids much less prone to interruption, and AI benefits  from this immensly. Huge change from vanilla.
Kit Revisions XP - again, everybody shares Paladins' leveling. Not overly different in BG2, has a rather large effect in BG1 for certain  classes however.
Spellpack components - Malison, Unholy Blight, Entropy Shield:
- Malison curses enemies, making them take more damage, in addition to imposing saves penalty. It's a very potent spell.
- Unholy Blight also curses enemies, while Holy Smite can blind them instead. They only and always affect enemies, regardless of alignment.
- Entropy Shield - in my game, this spell replaces what was Physical Mirror. Only priests can cast it. It's a mighty protective enchantement, if I live long enough to use it I'll post screenshots. SCS will use it as well, so it's fair game.

Also, I've toned down Spell Revisions saving throw penalties (-5 for Flesh to Stone and similar) since it makes the game slightly disbalancing - I kept the penalties, but usually toned down  to -2 or similar, more in line with vanilla game throws.

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Dust, 5th and final update

I may say so myself, I enjoyed playing this run immensly, and hope you people did enjoy following it as well. :)

I'll ponder about what to play next, but it's probably going to be either a true class halfling fighter or a Cavalier.

We enter the battle with no plan other than "kill 'em all". this gets us dispelled immediatley. Potion buffs are undispellable, so stay. Viconia is instantly hit by Koshi and stunned.

Baldr471_zps5428e1cb.png

SCS fighters tend to leave disabled targets be, so Viconia survives and drinks up healing potion. Koshi doesn't, however, and Dust grabs the Celestial Fury. Jan is now under pressure. He has no more stoneskin castings. Mazzy and Xan (whose buffs weren't dispelled) are safe for now.

Baldr474_zps00175fd9.png

Stalman summons a Death Knight (SR version of priestly Gate spell).

Baldr476_zps114d4127.png

Jan dies, and we're hit my Malison. That's bad, cause even if we make the saves we take extra damage. It can be removed via Break Enchantement, but no time for playing wussies now.

Baldr477_zpsa49ea72a.png

Death Knight dies, and Xan summons his Golem via book.

Baldr488_zps9127964a.png

All I can say now is

Queen-so-it-begins_zps358a34eb.jpg

Baldr489_zps76d48aae.png

'ere we go....

Baldr490_zpseb362a83.png

Dust drinks a potion of Magic Shielding, but I only have one of those.

Baldr491_zps0c1164a0.png

Next, Chaos comes. No save is allowed against the effect, and Dust is in big trouble now.

Baldr493_zps3a3b41c4.png

Viconia dies to Wilting.

Baldr494_zpsd90b7bd2.png

Chaos connects. If only I waited with Korgan's Rage, he might have still be controlable. But as it is, I have no control over him or Dust. HP pool is very low now...

Baldr495_zps1fb2bd72.png

...as Maferan strikes the killing blow.

Baldr496_zpsb4335dac.png

Fin.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Sorry to hear the end of dust. It's no shame to lose to a SCS party though...by the way I have tried SCS myself, but the constant buffing required for the most minor of fights was too annoying for me, not to mention SCS was clobbering me. The farthest I've ever gotten is meeting Revianne's party, which tore my party apart, piece by piece.

Alaestr

Alaestr
  • Members
  • 90 posts

No shame losing to the occupants of Guarded Compound. This is one tough battle for a low-level party. In my solo runs I grade its toughness higher than the dragon fights. Hope to see one of your creations pretty soon, Aasim. And thanks for the Weidu log, I believe you made your installation emulate PnP more then vanilla does, am I wrong in the assumption?

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

I believe you made your installation emulate PnP more then vanilla does, am I wrong in the assumption?

Yeah, altough I avoided aTweaks PnP components for several reasons - but mostly because aTweaks modified Elementals are pretty much "Hell on wheels" (seriously, 2 hasted elementals can slaughter Amn) and mess up the AI somewhat (they're immune to Death Spell). I also didn't install all of Spellpack components, even if this mod emulates PnP rules almost flawlessly, since it can also debilitate AI too much. It's a hand-picked install, with some minor modifications of my own.

Also, not all that is good in PnP is good in BG2. :P