Photo

Baldur's Gate 2 No-Reload Challenge

• Please log in to reply
15228 replies to this topic

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

After thinking about it some more, I've decided that I won't be continuing Jim's run. It was fun for a while, but the added stress and time it takes to play aren't worth it anymore. 

:(

Understood. I'm sorry to hear that.

The first time I bumped into you online, over in the G3 forums, you mentioned that you were a lurker here, but that participating wasn't for you.

I was pleasantly surprised when you changed your mind. And even more pleasantly surprised when you started doing such excellent work with Jim.

We'd love to see Jim fulfill his destiny, but if you're not feeling it, we understand.

Runs needn't be rushed. You can take your time. Serg's Avatar run took almost a year, I think. At the very least, keep Jim's save. In a few weeks you may feel like getting back into the action.

Thank you to everyone who read and commented on Jim's run.

Thank you!

Corey is right. You've made some outstanding contributions. Your help with the Ascenion Irenicus issue was particularly valuable. At the very least, we hope you'll keep reading and commenting- perhaps advising on technical issues. You can be present even if you aren't running. We'd like that. You may like that, too.

I guess what I'm saying is that you feel like part of the family now: we hope to see you around.  :)

Best wishes! And thanks!

A.

• Serg BlackStrider likes this

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Yes makes sense Alesia. At the same time, I personally don't mind finding a couple of posts on some technical issue now and then in the no-reload threads.

• Grimwald the Wise and Aasim like this

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts

:(

Understood. I'm sorry to hear that.

The first time I bumped into you online, over in the G3 forums, you mentioned that you were a lurker here, but that participating wasn't for you.

I was pleasantly surprised when you changed your mind. And even more pleasantly surprised when you started doing such excellent work with Jim.

We'd love to see Jim fulfill his destiny, but if you're not feeling it, we understand.

Runs needn't be rushed. You can take your time. Serg's Avatar run took almost a year, I think. At the very least, keep Jim's save. In a few weeks you may feel like getting back into the action.

Corey is right. You've made some outstanding contributions. Your help with the Ascenion Irenicus issue was particularly valuable. At the very least, we hope you'll keep reading and commenting- perhaps advising on technical issues. You can be present even if you aren't running. We'd like that. You may like that, too.

I guess what I'm saying is that you feel like part of the family now: we hope to see you around.  :)

Best wishes! And thanks!

Seconded every single word here. A pity you are leaving, GrimJim. And Alesia is right - you need no rush. My Avatars indeed took almost a year to run through and Impish Face is more than 1.5 years old already (I had a number of *distractions* along a way). Hope you'll reconsider someday. For now - all the best and thanks!

• Grimwald the Wise likes this

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Let me join the others in praise of your contributions here GrimJim. I didn't know you until you entered Jim the Sorcerer, but the intelligent way in which you manoeuvered him through SoA and your insightful reporting style made you look like a no-reload veteran. Your Sorcerer looked a serious contender for the Throne.
Hopefully we'll be seeing more of you here some time in the future, with Jim or with another character.

• Grond0 and Grimwald the Wise like this

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Arkona, Halfling Barbarian: Never Mind the Bollocks- The Planar Sphere

Screen%20capture%20179_zps78ogtyl9.jpg

Yet more Arkona catch up coverage. I was afraid this would take for ever. It is and it will.

By the time Arkona reached the Planar Sphere, she had settled on my preferred dual-wield weapon arrangement. Ilbratha, Arvoreen, Dragonslayer, and Ages in the main-hand slots, the Defender in the offhand. Ilbratha is there to facilitate use of Mirror Image. Arvoreen and Dragonslayer are there for immunities. I mentioned reasons to roll halfling earlier. The Sword of Arvoreen is another. Via Arvoreen, Halflings in essence get stun and slow immunity at will very early in the adventure. That's awesome. With PnP Free Action installed, Arvoreen is eventually eclipsed by Free Action granting weapons, notably Ages. But that takes a long time. And not everyone uses PnP Free Action. Arvoreen matters. Dragonslayer is helpful, since Fear effects are frequently associated with large save penalties. Together, Arvoreen and Dragonslayer make a difference. Tagged with Malison in the presence of an ATweaks demon? Equip Dragonslayer until you can get an innate or limited charge based counter into play. Dropped down to 80HP in the presence of an SCS mage or a ATweaks Glabrezu? Equip Arvoreen until you can heal. As a barbarian, Rage is frequently the answer. But rage requires aura, and one can face constraints on aura. Incoming Comet! Potion of Ice Dust! But I'm already at 70HP and there are four glabrezus after me. I need to get Rage up. What do I do? If you're a halfling, you use your potion and equip Arvoreen. You live.

Ages + The Defender is a great combo. There is synergy between the slow of ages and the resistances of the Defender. For barbarians, that synergy is particular beneficial since their innate resistances stack with those of the Defender. As a reminder, barbarian innate resistance make resistances from the Defender more not less valuable. The proportional increase in conferred resistance is greater. For a barbarian running Hardiness, for example, the Defender will half physical weapon resistance, by increasing resistance from 60% to 80%. More valuable, not less.

Where was I? Right: The Planar Sphere.

Some Halflings are awesome. Some are jerks. These guys were jerks.

Spoiler

Arkona got her first Hardiness in the middle of this battle. She immediately activated it. Hardiness is a fantastic HLA for barbarians. 

Spoiler

Arkona had Belm in the mainhand in that picture. Did you notice that? Strange, huh? Not really. At this point we had some incoming Flame Arrows and some warriors with THAC0 issues. The Reflex and Belm makes sense under those circumstances.

Belm is also great for delivering Death Blows to ATweaks cornugons and glabrezus. They'll Teleport Without Error right on top of you. Death Blow 'em with a low speed factor weapons ASAP. Belm is a 0. Belm in the main is great for spanking ATweaks Aerial Servants, too.

Spoiler

Darts for Kayardi.

Spoiler

If you're wondering why Arkona is fighting Taibela and Necre down here, check out the Mordy Sword. Those are an issue for barbarians, but also notice that it's dead. Mr. Efreeti has 3 Magic Missiles. He can take down a Mordy. Later in the adventure, Foebane will work, too. 

Spoiler

Lavok. Lavok opened with a Time Stop. Arkona countered with Brennan's Invisibility ring.

Spoiler

ProMW means unenchanted Darts. Mantles mean Everard. Once Arkona gets Smite and GWW, mages won't stand a chance. Lavok went quietly.

Spoiler

The Tolgerias fight was far more interesting. Here we got Malison->Time Stop-> Demon Party-> Single Target damage stuff. This is potentially dangerous. Note the synergy between Malison, single target HP reducers, and ATweaks demonic abilities. Rage! Dragonslayer! Arvoreen! The Reflex! They were all part of the equation. In this shot, Arkona is catching Flame Arrows with the Reflex under Rage. She has Azuredge in the main, readying a ranged assault on the Balor. 

Spoiler

ATweaks balors vorpal without a save so you need to stay the frack away from them. Fortunately, the ATweaks balors lack Stoneskins and have underwhelming HP totals they're class canons. Azuredge Whirlwind for this one.

Spoiler

Death Blow for the glabrezus.

Spoiler

And finally darts for Tolgerias.

As an FYI, I did this fight a few times since it was fun, and since I wanted to check out the ATweaks demons. I've reported on the first run through, the battle of record. I won't do anymore side experimenting in this run. Side experiments decrease no reload-iness.

The Elemental Rooms. These were awesome! ATweaks did great work here. Cool little mephits opening inter planar gates, critters with enhanced and unique abilities: good stuff. And yes: Pretty colors.

Spoiler

The Ice Mephits Chill Touch w/o a save, basically: they do cold damage and THAC0 drain. Arkona is pulling back here. She needed to assess her opposition.

Spoiler

The really cool part was when then fire room mephits opened up the door and rushed to the aid of their ice room buds. Arkona had to fight both rooms at once.

Working on the fire room critters now. GDB for the ATweaks greater fire elemental

Spoiler

Dart of Stunning for the SCS noble efreeti

Spoiler

Now it was heart attack time. This was the scariest part of the quest. The scariest part of the run, really. Arkona had activated the planar travel engine before dispatching the golems. I had no ideas that they would attack during the cutscene! Watch out for this no reloaders!

Spoiler

Fortunately, Arkona was running her splint + Girdle of Bluntness + Fortress Shield + Defender setup so the golem couldn't really hurt her.

Spanky time.

Spoiler

Fun quest. I kind of wish I had covered it in greater detail. Oh, well. Next time. Loved the ATweaks enhancements to the elemental rooms. The Tolgerias fight was fun, too.

Best,

A.

• The Potty 1, Serg BlackStrider and Grimwald the Wise like this

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Arkona, Halfling Barbarian: Never Mind the Bollocks- The Planar Sphere

Ok. Lighting coverage of the Planar Prison.

There are a lot of things I like about my classic SCS setup, but make no mistake: there are some areas where SCS v30 clearly surpasses it. Case in point: the Warden.

​In my classic setup, the Warden is a high level F/M who woefully underutilized his abilities. He's almost vanilla. He's not on his game. More recent versions of SCS fix that. In v30, the Warden is great. In my setup, he's subpar. That is among the reasons why I am moving to v30 -despite the hardship that may entail. I have a dream of a stable OS X SCS v30  setup with a debugged Ascension, SCS demons, and ATweaks elementals, feys, mephits, and undead. I'm hoping EE and the Ascesion bug fixes shared and developed in this thread will make that dream a reality. We'll see. Arkona's EE v30 run is on the horizon.

For now, let's return to Arkona's classic run.

The opening battle was no match for Arkona, although an ATweaks aerial servant provided a welcome spruce up

Spoiler

You can see the aerial servant here. He looks a little different. A little violet.

Spoiler

These guys are 16HD, 8D4 crushers, with a nasty on hit effect called Grab. Grab will immobilize you for two rounds on a failed save v breath. I'm not sure what the opcode is but I'm guessing 175 or 109. Don't quote me on that. You can quote me on the nastiness of the ATweaks elemental invisibility at will. These guys will hit you, and vanish. Hit you, and vanish. Hit you, and vanish. Over and over again until you want to cry. Spank'em with a fast blade.

Spoiler

The triple yuan-ti mage battle is always fun for soloists- assuming you play it straight. Arkona raced forward, at first, but then decided to fall back and thin the opposition at range with Seeking.

Spoiler

Soon only the mages remained. Four mages in a Teleport Field. I think I've seen that before.

Spoiler

In come the demons. The Reflex is in the offhand for Flame Arrows.

Spoiler

These guys were annoying enough to merit dispelling arrows. Kudos to them. For those who use the SCS option that removes dispelling arrows: You're probably right, although I'm thinking the stack of 5 option is the way to go. Dispelling arrows should exist, but they should be rare. 80 in the Promenade is too much. Zero is too few. Two stacks of 5? Makes sense.

Spoiler

Stunnage and donnage. I love the idea of Everad's Morningstar even though its rarely practical.

Spoiler

Master of Thralls. Quick ranged jack with Azuredge

Spoiler

ATweaks elementals get Death Blow.

Spoiler

As mentioned, the Warden sucks in this install. I refuse to pretend otherwise by dignifying this with lengthy commentary. Recent versions of SCS get this right.

Spoiler

The dragons are next, followed by the Unseeing Eye and the the Lichee-Poos.

Best,

A.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

FYI: I'm about to create a support supplement thread for the NR Challenge. Title and introduction appear in italics below. Does this make sense to everyone?

The Adventurer's Lounge: Support and Guidance for No Reload Challengers- Newbie or Veteran 

Are you new to the forums? Interested in the No Reload Challenge, but a little overwhelmed? Maybe a little shy about posting in the thread? This is the place for you. The purpose of this thread is to give prospective No Reloaders a chance to introduce themselves, ask questions, seek advice, and prepare for their adventure. Think of this thread as an orientation and a cocktail lounge all wrapped up into one. It's a place to learn and a place schmooze. A place to prepare: A place to begin.

This thread will also serve as a technical support supplement to the No Reload Challenge. Do you need install guidance before you start? Has your active character encountered a bug? This is the place to ask for help. This is the place to get help. 

This is the place.

Good hunting everyone!

Best,

A.

• Serg BlackStrider, Grond0 and Grimwald the Wise like this

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Arkona, Halfling Barbarian: Never Mind the Bollocks- Dragons

Ok. Quick, fast, quick, super-quick, extra-fast coverage of the dragons.

(It would probably by quicker is I skipped the redundant modifiers, huh?)

Thaxy

Question: You're a barbarian. A dragon casts ProMW against you. What do you do? 

Arkona's Answer: Punch 'em in the face!

Spoiler

Or fire up Hardiness and go to town with unenchanted morning stars

Spoiler

With Improved Staying Power for Dragons installed, you'll still get a chance to bring your magical weapons into play.

Spoiler

Hardiness + Defender is sublimely awesome for barbarians.

Spoiler

The finish.

Spoiler

Firkraag

Check me out with my Fireshield: Red!

Spoiler

Hasted dragon? No thank you. Dispelling arrow!

Spoiler

Hardiness!

Spoiler

Breach? No! That was my HLA! Hardiness was my HLA! Why did you take it away? I was going to kill you with that! (Oh...)

Spoiler

You took out my Fireshield: Red, too. Potion of Fire Resistance!

Spoiler

Let's try that again. Potion of Fire Resistance!

Spoiler

You can keep doing that Firkel, if you insist, but you know where I went before I came here? Adratha's 

Spoiler

You can't kill me with fire, you can't catch me, and I have a sling. There's no way you're winning this fight- even if you Breached away both of my Hardinesses.

Spoiler

Onto the Unseeing Eye.

Best,

A.

• Serg BlackStrider, Grimwald the Wise and Blackraven like this

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

NW: I edited the proposed title of the support thread. The first title was too cutesy.

Best,

A.

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts

FYI: I'm about to create a support supplement thread for the NR Challenge. Title and introduction appear in italics below. Does this make sense to everyone?

The Adventurer's Lounge: Support and Guidance for No Reload Challengers- Newbie or Veteran 

Are you new to the forums? Interested in the No Reload Challenge, but a little overwhelmed? Maybe a little shy about posting in the thread? This is the place for you. The purpose of this thread is to give prospective No Reloaders a chance to introduce themselves, ask questions, seek advice, and prepare for their adventure. Think of this thread as an orientation and a cocktail lounge all wrapped up into one. It's a place to learn and a place schmooze. A place to prepare: A place to begin.

This thread will also serve as a technical support supplement to the No Reload Challenge. Do you need install guidance before you start? Has your active character encountered a bug? This is the place to ask for help. This is the place to get help. 

This is the place.

Good hunting everyone!

Best,

A.

Seems nice to me  :)

• Alesia_BH and Grimwald the Wise like this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

@ Alesia

How come you get Flame Arrows thrown at you if you're having Reflex? SCS shouldn't be doing that...

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

In this version of SCS, v15, David hadn't scripted that particular check in yet. 

V30 is more careful to avoid wasting spells, although it will still frequently do so. Examples include behavior we've already discussed, like using Spell Thrust in the face of GoI and the new Spell Shield.

The v30 script is more sophisticated, however, it can be less effective in the face of certain strategies.

Against Aphril's party, for example, the v15 script -which uses Ruby Rays to take down Spell Shields, seemingly stocks more spell protection removers, and summons lots of demons- would have worked better than the approach taken by the v30 script.

The v30 script often led with Spell Thrust, apparently unaware of the behavior of the new Spell Shield in the presence of GoI. It then quickly ran out of spell protection removers. Given the specific protections run by Aphril's crew, the script would have no avenues, save summoning. And since the v30 script summons less -while also being careful to avoid wasting spells- it would end up stumped. It would get its butt kicked and accomplish nothing. We wouldn't even see cool, if fruitless spell effects. 

Against the v15 script, and with the old Spell Shield, Aphril and her party would have found it more difficult to keep their Spell Shields up. Further, they would have had to contend with demons.

In the case of Arkona, a solo barbarian, the v30 script might perform better overall. That said, the v15 script will let her see far more demons. v15 will also throw more potion buffed warriors at her, which is cool for a barbarian play through.

This setup, v15, with SCS demons instead of the ATweaks ones, and with ATweaks elementals etc, would be cool for a solo warrior: lots of hard hitting combat. Lots of beefy demons, lots of potion buffed combatants.

Note well though: Specific enemies, such as the Warden and Ascension (Throne battle) Abazigal are far, far better in v30.

Best,

A.

• Grond0 and Grimwald the Wise like this

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

A Quick Note on Arkona's Game: Using Warrior HLAs to Kill High Level Mages

Since most of my posts on Arkona have been of the quick catch up variety, some of the tactical details have been lost. I thought I'd take a moment to break down one high level mage battle in detail, so others are aware of Arkona's approach.

This is the fight with Perth the Adept. Perth is not uber powerful, but he'll suffice for expository purposes.

Most high level mages will either open with ProMW of Improved Mantle. Arkona keeps the Sling of Everard and unenchanted darts at the ready. If she see ProMW, she equips her darts, if she sees Improved Mantle, she equips Everard.

Perth went with ProMW. Arkona equipped her darts.

Spoiler

Arkona activates Smite. With all hits criticals, and with the stun offering no save, Perth will be stunned: guaranteed. Here he is, stunned, flying toward the back wall

Spoiler

He's stunned for two rounds, helpless. But he has Stoneskins still. What we want now is Power Attack, preferably combined with Improved Haste. Now our stun effect with outlast his ProMW and his Stoneskins. He's done, and he never had a chance.

Spoiler

Finish with your weapon of choice.

Spoiler

A final footnote: Perth didn't do it, but sometimes those pesky mages will Chain Mordy Swords. Mordy Swords are 10th level. Death Blow them.

Spoiler

That's how Akrona handles mages now.

Best,

A.

• Grimwald the Wise and Blackraven like this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Ah.Now I've read more toroughly. So you swap equipment  while in combat depending on need? I.e. Dragonslayer/shield/azuredge/Mazzy sword etc.

Now I see how you can handle Tolgerias. 

I don't yet really understand how you can keep distance from demons? Don't they teleport? When I use aTweaks they're constantly on top of you.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Now I've read more toroughly. So you swap equipment  while in combat depending on need? I.e. Dragonslayer/shield/azuredge/Mazzy sword etc.

Now I see how you can handle Tolgerias. 

I'll change weapons slots, not other slots. I think changing weapons in combat is plausible. Boots, less so.

But, really, that's rarely necessary with a shorty barbarian equipped with the Claw.

I usually make a point of playing human or elves (non barbarian, non berserkers) to make things a little more challenging. With humans and elves, you really do have to monitor incoming spell effects and counter on the fly. Fighting Tolgerias with Arkona is child's play in comparison to battles I've fought with Alesia.

The weapon switching tactics that I use with Arkona were originally developed for my human bounty hunter, Alesia. They're usually overkill with Arkona, but I think it's good to have redundancy built into ones tactical strategy.

I don't yet really understand how you can keep distance from demons? Don't they teleport? When I use aTweaks they're constantly on top of you.

They Teleport Without Errror, yes. And the balors, for example, have range 2 speed factor 0 weapons, which makes them potentially dangerous. 

But it takes a little time for them to get oriented and initiate a melee round after they Teleport Without Error. The delay is long enough that a barbarian under Oil of Speed can evade them. You need to pay attention though: you need to be on your game.

If you use the straight ATweaks demons, without gating, they're really not that difficult. All of the ATweaks demons, save the balors and pit fiends, can be one hit nixed with GDB. Most can be killed with DB. The balors are glass canons that can be evaded. I haven't faced a pit fiend yet, but they seem manageable.

With SCS stats and ATweaks Fiendish Gating, the situation would be different, naturally. I, personally, would not use that arrangement in no reload play.

Best,

A.

• Serg BlackStrider, Grimwald the Wise and Blackraven like this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

But it takes a little time for them to get oriented and initiate a melee round after they Teleport Without Error. The delay is long enough that a barbarian under Oil of Speed can evade them. You need to pay attention though: you need to be on your game.

If you use the straight ATweaks demons, without gating, they're really not that difficult. All of the ATweaks demons, save the balors and pit fiends, can be one hit nixed with GDB. Most can be killed with DB. The balors are glass canons that can be evaded. I haven't faced a pit fiend yet, but they seem manageable.

I didn't really notice the delay you're talking about but I use SCS stats on them, I can't comment on their beheviour otherwise. You mean boots of speed + oil?

Pit Fiend (even with SCS buffs) is nothing.  I can't understand how they (allegedly) won Blood War. One Balor can waltz through a dozen of them.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

I didn't really notice the delay you're talking about

It's there. It's slight, but it's enough.

In my experience that always happens with TWE enemies.

The only exception is SCS Ascension Melissan, since she TWEs literally onto your avatar. You're in the dead center of her creature circle when she lands. It's a little weird and disconcerting.

You can't move for the split second when she's literally on top of you, and she's ready to strike by the time she bounces astride you. That's how it seems, at least. It's possible that the weirdness of having her land on my head just screws up my timing. I'd have to test, I guess.

You mean boots of speed + oil?

Just Oil of Speed + barbarian movement rate bonus. 

It would be easier with Boots of Speed.

Arkona can evade them even without an Oil of Speed, but she needs the Oil of Speed to create enough distance to crank up an Azuredge or Sling of Seeking Whirlwind.

Pit Fiend (even with SCS buffs) is nothing. 

Without gating, I'd agree. With gating it seems like they'd be a potential nuisance. 100% success, once per round.

With straight ATweaks they only have 104HP though, so you should be able to take them out quick.

I think straight ATweaks + Fiendish Gating maybe manageable. Ranged GWWs for the balors and pit fiends, DB or GDB for the everything else. I'll probably try that some day.

Best,

A.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Let's take a vote on the support thread idea floated by Aasim. 

Should we proceed? Blackraven seems to be a yes. Serg, a yes? Grond0, maybe, given that he liked the proposal post. What does everyone else think? 

Of course, we have little to lose, if people don't use it, it will go away.

Best,

A.

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts

Let's take a vote on the support thread idea floated by Aasim. 

Should we proceed? Blackraven seems to be a yes. Serg, a yes? 

Sure, I am.

• Alesia_BH likes this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

I'm yes ofc - if for nothing else than to keep this thread about No-Reload games, rather than off-topic discussions. 

Can't vouch for traffic there, but I'd rather keep requests/help/bugs/tweaks somewhere else rather than here. 

• Alesia_BH and Grimwald the Wise like this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Sure have a support thread - if there's a problem, it easily can be 12 posts - not too long ago, an entire page of posts was no runs, and all about technical issues.

• Alesia_BH, Serg BlackStrider and Aasim like this

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Here it is:

http://forum.bioware...ran/?p=19552372

Minimally, this will keep our off topic content out of the thread. I think it will be worth it just for that.

Best,

A.

• Grimwald the Wise, Aasim and Blackraven like this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

For those of you that get tend to get involved with the support discussions, I would suggest following the new topic Alesia made (I have done so myself). I would imagine to do so would make it easier to use.

• Alesia_BH, Serg BlackStrider and Grimwald the Wise like this

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

For those of you that get tend to get involved with the support discussions, I would suggest following the new topic Alesia made (I have done so myself). I would imagine do so would make it easier to use.

Agreed!

This will only work if the regulars follow the thread.

Best,

A.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Arkona, Halfling Barbarian: Never Mind the Bollocks- The Unseeing Eye

Ok. Just a few more catch up posts and Arkona will be up to date. Fortunately, we can cover the Unseeing Eye quest quickly.

The beholder crew were killed using the Greater Death Blow/Greater Whirlwind insta-kill method described earlier. Each crew fell within one round.

Spoiler

This version of SCS lacks the Improved Unseeing Eye component, so no Death Tyrants. Standard Mr. Efreeti assisted kill. Arkona could have done it herself, but Mr. Efreeti's Fireball is a guaranteed hit, whereas Arkona could, in theory, critical miss. Yes: I'm that scared of the Unseeing Eye.  

Spoiler

The only other thing I'll note here is that the mummies in the undead area gave Arkona a chance to make unique use of her ATweaks Bhaalspawn powers. ATweaks replaces Slow Poison with Cure Affliction. Cure Affliction will remedy diseases, in addition to poison. It's helpful- especially given that some of the ATweaks undead cause nasty diseases.

Spoiler

Thumbs up on the ATweaks Bhaalspawn powers, BTW: They're balanced and enjoyable.

I'll cover the liches soon.

Best,

A.

• Serg BlackStrider likes this