Photo

Baldur's Gate 2 No-Reload Challenge

• Please log in to reply
15228 replies to this topic

Charlestonian Knight Templar

• Members
  • 981 posts

:D ... the one thing I do not like about the romances is that they usually don't fight :D

...& one thing I don't like is both Auren & Sarah prefer romances w/other than men.  What gives?  They should at least 'switch hit.'   B)

• Members
  • 981 posts

Hänsel & Gretel (Inquisitor / Undead Hunter) (& Imoen (Thief->Mage)) (BG2EE+Ascension+SCS+Mods)

Hänsel, Gretel and Imoen had left Candlekeep on 10/23/2015 and had had beaten Sarevok on 11/08/2015. One week later they found themselves as captives in Irenicus' dungeon...

Wow! If that mean old step-mother had only known what/who she was dealing with.  

• Members
  • 981 posts

Sarya (Jester) (BG2EE+Ascension+SCS+Mods)

Sarya had left Candlekeep on 05/28/2015 and with her group (Coran, Dorn, Jaheira, Khalid, Edwin) she had defeated her brother Sarevok on 06/28/2015.

To be continued...

Wow! Sarya can do tricks for Gawain anytime...Heck he might leave Camelot & come back to Faerun if he finds out about her.   ;)

• Dyara likes this

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

Omt2- 5,

A stark choice:

Hear text as mp3,

Its been an interesting 10 day, I accepted a commission to clear the Trademeet ossuary but the town leader stepped in to ask a favour (which I granted) then I purchased a new shortbow and arranged for a new chainmail outfit… matches my eyes.

o2e-mtl51.jpgo2e-mtl52.jpg

Returning to Athkatla flush with cash made me very popular but with an undead girlfriend it perhaps wasn't a complete shock to Bodhi that we sided with her force. The first job was to dispatch a girl named Mook and we had to deliver a wounded man to the harpers anyway so I got a two-fer. Hexxat got another ossuary commission so we did some mummy bashing for a stick that (now that I have it) nobody is bothering to collect?

o2e-mtl53.jpg

Spoiler
o2e-mtl58.jpg

I celebrated surviving the expedition by getting my GF a new ring… I noticed Hexxat was drooling over it (Mercykiller) when we popped into promenade for shopping. Bodhi offered me the choice and I shied away from a more "blood thirsty" path to remix it with the thief guild… the secret to winning this battle is retreating into the docks inn whenever the going gets hard but my traps proved themselves against the stealthier targets. With the informant safely away, Bodhi wants me to strike at the leadership now so wish me luck!

• Gate70, Charlestonian Knight Templar, Grimwald the Wise and 1 other like this

Dyara

Dyara
  • Members
  • 330 posts

Sarya (Jester) (BG2EE+Ascension+SCS+Mods) (2nd and final update)

Previous postings: 1

To help Korgan to retrieve the book of Kaza the group went to the Graveyard. On their way there they became ambushed by some slavers but fended them off easily...

Spoiler

At the Graveyard the orphan Risa was helped, Tirdir was unburied and Uncle Lester, lots some skeleton warriors, mummies and the crypt king himself were buried. Down at the Lower Tombs the spiders were too confused to put up much of a fight. Further progress into the Southern Dungeon saw the party fighting lots of undead but they prevailed without much problems (and without being level-drained). Unfortunately the Book of Kaza was already taken and so the party went to Pimlico's Estate at the Temple District. Again they were too late as Pimlico was already dead, killed by Korgan's old party. The murderers however hadn't gone far, on the roof of the Copper Coronet they were confronted and eventually they agreed to hand over the Book of Kaza and their lifes...

Spoiler

The party then met Bodhi at the Graveyard but rejected her offer and instead joined the Shadow Thieves. On their first mission they secured some cargo but lost Mook to a vampire. For the next mission they had to go to the Bridge District but were delayed as they had to save Renfeld and deliver him to an estate in the Docks District. Then Xzar showed up asking for help. To get access to the Galvarey Estate the party had to cleanse a certain house from any monsters to be found there. These monsters turned out as two ghasts, a flesh golem and two mages as well.

There was a small problem when both Korgan and Minsc became charmed but a 'Dispel Magic' scroll quickly turned the tide again...

Spoiler

Returning to Rylock they were allowed to enter the estate. 'Montaron' (and a helm of charm protection) was found, then Xzar became killed and Jaheira was summoned to the Harpers Hold. Without Jaheira the party continued the mission for Aran Lindvail. At the Five Flagon inn the traitors and their contact were killed, the party watched the play in the cellar and agreed to look for Haer'Dalis. While investigating the Bridge District murders the party became surprised by a bone golem, some ghasts and two rune assassins. While Korgan and Minsc did the fighting an invisible Sarya and a hidden Yoshimo thought themselves save from the assassins' backstab attacks. That proved to be a mistake however as the assassins ignored invisibility. Sarya managed to escape to the upper level but Yoshimo was killed.

Once Yoshimo was raised the party reported to Lieutenant Aegisfield first and then to Aran Lindvail. As Jaheira hadn't showed up again the party decided to visit the parts of Athkatla they hadn't seen so far. At the Government District Viconia was saved and as they were about to return to the Copper Coronet they became ambushed. Sarya was about to cast Invisibility on herself but got hit by a spell (Chromatic Orb perhaps) that killed her immediately...

009-Dead.jpg?raw=1&dl=0

The End.

• ussnorway, Charlestonian Knight Templar and Grimwald the Wise like this

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Ouch Dyara, that's very unfortunate :(

• Grimwald the Wise and Dyara like this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Sorry to see that Dyara, but at least you've still got 2 current chances for glory left B).

• Grimwald the Wise and Dyara like this

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

Omt2- 6,

Set sail:

Hear text as mp3,

We returned to the wilds and rounded up some cats then stopped at watchers to kill two guards before unlocking the spear.
With the ability to retreat through the docks and rest endlessly, peeling the thief guild of its defensive layers was simple but I used every charge of the cloud wand. Bodhi arranged the travel agenda and we are currently sailing somewhere of the coast.

o2e-mtl59.jpg

Spoiler
o2e-mtl65.jpg

Tip;

• collecting cats is easier if you return them to the camp in small groups.
  • Close the last door before attacking Aran Linvail so that he doesn't run off on you…

p.s I gave the Ring of Djinni Summoning & Amulet of Power to Viconia.

• Gate70, Serg BlackStrider, Charlestonian Knight Templar and 3 others like this

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts

Quad > Trio no reload (attempt 4 session 17)

WIth all three Elder Race blood/brains collected, a decision is made to clear the rest of the Western Tunnels. Kuo-Toa are cut and crushed without mercy.

Spoiler
Strofe stood back as the drow guarding the Underdark exit took a pummeling. This seemed to be going well (much better than usual).
Spoiler
Then Brazil's Ironskins collapsed and she took a combination of melee and magic. Corheal suggested Brazil should heal, but the fighter/druid was more interested in getting out of combat - hemmed in as she was by his summons. They eventually moved and Brazil took flight, Corheal ignoring her philosophy of no additional healing by using a Rod of Resurrection charge on her. Probably saved her life too.

Strofe ha​d made liberal use of his Stalker Haste spells, meaning the party were suffering from fatigue as they arrived back at the main Underdark area. Corheal demanded a rest so after selling some gear at the Swirf village their hospitality was given a test. On towards Adalon but a drow war party teleported in and took a beating. The city of Ust Natha was rapidly emptied of items such as the Firetooth Dagger, an Elemental Staff and various potions. With that done it was time to help Solaufein rescue Phaere.

Corheal decided to test out Far Sight and sent in summons to deal with Boz and co. A couple of mountain bears messed up the approach over the narrow ramp meaning Corheal was pressed into action and mazed. Strofe and Brazil had kept their distance and bid their time as a Nishruu hovered next to N'ashtar. Brazil started summoning more creatures and sent them in to their doom before augmenting them. Strofe broke cover and helped out but Corheal returned from his maze and made good his revenge.

Corheal commented afterwards with a description of "messy". Brazil said nothing, while Strofe felt there had been little danger - to himself.

The illithid surrounding Phaere ran into a hasted group of summons but a Sunray from Corheal was added for good measure and the combat lasted only a round or two.

Strofe felt safe fighting a beholder, not realising he was susceptible to horror even with the Cloak of Reflection. Lesson learnt.
Spoiler
A bloodless solution to the Swirf Patrol helmet was sought, and the same mercy was shown to Solaufein. Strofe was keen to get on, and out of the city, but Corheal was heard muttering "so many spells I hardly know what to do".

Handing over some Elder Race remains to the Matron Mother saw Strofe reach level 18 and select his first HLA (Whirlwind). Brazil finally became a Great Druid (14) and spent a few moments adding more spells to her repertoire and a Whirlwind HLA. Time to let Ust Natha have something in common with the City of Caverns and open up a leadership vacancy, or two.
Spoiler
The Ghaunadian slimes and Visaj tasks were left alone as a return to Adalon beckoned. She arranged for an exit from the Underdark and Elhan the Elf eventually allowed the party to depart in search of Bodhi. Little was he to know that numerous other tasks would be looked into first.

Kruin was the ​first to greet them back in the city and Strofe suggested there was no need to fight (as Grond0's game would undoubtedly crash). Brazil duly handed over the broken artefact (and Grond0's game crashed anyway).

Corheal wanted to forge Crom Faeyr which meant investigating the Planar Sphere after picking up Valygar's dead body over the dead body of his friend Derrick. Corheal finally got his first HLA and after a rest put it to good use against Tolgerias, who was plagued by insects at this stage.
Spoiler
By this time an invasive Elder Orb had been removed from the Sphere and Lavok cheated out of his remaining life as summons beat him down and allowed a talk followed by immediate defeat. With a Tanar'ri heart already bagged there was little left to do but find the engine room and return to Amn.

At some point towards the end of the session Strofe gained another level and GWW HLA. Corheal had a belated "No-one looted the Ring of the Ram" on the way out past Tolgerias' blended corpse and bee-lined towards it - only to discover Strofe chuckling as he'd grabbed it before Tolgerias hit the deck but left a low value red ring which had fooled the Lathanderian.

...levels edited after feedback below...

Gate70: Strofe, Stalker 19. 782 kills (+33). Kangaxx.
Corey Russell: Corheal, Priest of Lathander 22. 368 kills (+26). Unseeing Eye.
Grond0: Brazil, Fighter 14 / Druid 14. 534 kills (+20). Balor.
Retired;
DogDancing: Wewa, Thief 13. 84 kills (+5). Thaxll'ssillyia.​

The killboard looks very light - summons may well have taken the lions share.

• corey_russell, ussnorway, Serg BlackStrider and 5 others like this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Oh I see, Grond0 hasn't reach level 14 yet, so he doesn't get his big boost of spells yet then. 6,000,000 experience needed I guess then?

• Grimwald the Wise likes this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

I think those levels weren't updated from the previous report.  Brazil is now at level 14, so has a single L7 spell.  The big spells boost for a druid actually comes getting to L15 - but that will be a long time coming (if ever) - Brazil needs to double her current XP to get there ...

• corey_russell and Grimwald the Wise like this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

@Dyara: Sorry to hear the end of your run. Magicken died to a ambush as well - he forgot to go invisible before traveling.

• Blackraven and Dyara like this

• Members
  • 981 posts

Sarya (Jester) (BG2EE+Ascension+SCS+Mods) (2nd and final update)

At the Government District Viconia was saved and as they were about to return to the Copper Coronet they became ambushed. Sarya was about to cast Invisibility on herself but got hit by a spell (Chromatic Orb perhaps) that killed her immediately...

The End.

Guess that means Gawain is staying in Camelot.   :mellow:

• Dyara likes this

• Members
  • 981 posts

Hello guys and gals,  I was thinking of starting a Tutu run w/Merlin as my PC in advance of making my main run with Galahad or Arthur, less likely Lancelot.

But I digress.

Two questions:

1)  Is there a mod that allows you to add Tiefling as a PC race?  My discription of Merlin has him as the spawn of a demon and a sorceress so a Tiefling would be perfect.

2) Is there a mod I can use to allow for different multi-class/dual-class options?   My description of Merlin has him as, actually a Mage/Illusionist/Druid but I'd be happy w/Mage (Sorcerer)/Druid?  Anything out there that would allow me to do that?  CKT

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Hey CKT,

Nice to see you. I like your Merlin idea, and I think a caster type might be a nice change of pace after Gawain.

Re: 1. This mod allows you to play Tieflings and other (sub)races, also for NPCs.
Re: 2. Class combinations are hardcoded, meaning that Druid/Mage or Druid/Sorcerer cannot be played. There are kits that might interest you though, e.g. the Geomantic Sorcerer or the Druidic Sorcerer.

• Members
  • 981 posts

Hey CKT,

Nice to see you. I like your Merlin idea, and I think a caster type might be a nice change of pace after Gawain.

Re: 1. This mod allows you to play Tieflings and other (sub)races, also for NPCs.
Re: 2. Class combinations are hardcoded, meaning that Druid/Mage or Druid/Sorcerer cannot be played. There are kits that might interest you though, e.g. the Geomantic Sorcerer or the Druidic Sorcerer.

Thanks BR, I appreciate it.  And, there's a Paladin coming soon but I've ordered Le Morte D'Arthur by Mallory to prep me for the full role-playing experience. 

• Grimwald the Wise and Blackraven like this

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts

Quad > Trio no reload (attempt 4 session 18)

Todays session started a few minutes early and took a final trip outside the walls of Athkatla for a lesson in timing, i.e. when taking revenge on the ward of Gorion you should consider doing it before they obtain HLA's. The intended target lasts two maybe three rounds, with Strofe and Brazil both using Whirlwind to cut through defences and despite the massed summons hitting super-hard and fast, Brazil claims the kill.

Spoiler

After a final visit to Cromwell (Wave halberd, Crom Faeyr, Gesen bow), Corheal saw little value in Twisting the Rune, so instead Sion and Ketta were taken up on their offer of a lesson. Corheal and Brazil set to work while Strofe struggled with excess lag and surplus screen artefacts.
Spoiler
Strofe was hoping for better luck upstairs, but not so. Corheal took a pasting and Strofe suggested he should run past Brazil.
Spoiler
Such a masterful strategy was bound to work, and Corheal duly recovered while Ketta tried a couple of backstabs before Strofe reacted quicker than she could glug another invisibility potion. Strofe switches to Celestial Fury as his new mainhand weapon.
Spoiler

Next, vampires.

Corheal was eager to work out a plan but Strofe and Brazil already had one - stay behind Mr Popper.

Look at all those cute fluffy clouds - so nice it's un-spoilered.Baldr243.jpg
This plan worked all the way up to Bodhi, at which point Corheal asked what happened to her, Strofe opening with a quadruple backstab in the 60's and his 4.5apr finishing the job in less than the round.

Spoiler

Suldanessellar
The plan, loosely, was to crush everything. A few flaws though, with the trio not sticking together well and Corheal taking a beating from time to time thanks to his 1apr.Strofe and Brazil gamely tried to outfight the golems before Corheal drank the potion container dry.
Spoiler
Corheal was so busy summoning summons that it gave Ramilaat and a Nabassu time to see who was boss.
Spoiler
Niz gets the same sort of treatment as Firkraag but lasts several rounds longer.
Spoiler
Suneer spends an entire Timestop being eaten alive by insects.
Spoiler
Strofe uses the Gesen bow to make his life more miserable while Brazil is doing her worst with the Firetooth dagger. Strofe moves onto the Glabrezu next then melees the golem to stop it chasing Brazil.
Spoiler

Tree of Life
Corheal and Brazil draw up summons as Strofe taps the third parasite. Irenicus uses a double-timestop to cast Maze on Corheal who laughs in his face from behind a Chaotic Command, only to finish his laughter in the Maze thanks to an earlier Remove Magic in the Timestop. Still, he who laughs last, laughs last.
Spoiler

Gate70: Strofe, Stalker 21. 821 kills (+39). Bodhi.
Spoiler
Corey Russell: Corheal, Priest of Lathander 25. 421 kills (+53). Unseeing Eye.
Spoiler
Grond0: Brazil, Fighter 15 / Druid 14. (5)56 kills (+22). Firkraag.
Spoiler
Almost a level 15 druid. Just um... 1.06m xp required. Multiclass x2, 2.12m. In a party of 3, 6.36m xp. I think she'll get there.
Retired;
DogDancing: Wewa, Thief 13. 84 kills (+5). Thaxll'ssillyia.​

• corey_russell, Serg BlackStrider, Grond0 and 1 other like this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Gate70 did you do a typo? Or are Brazil's kills stats messed up? I'm reasonably certain Brazil got quite a few more kills than Wewa! (re: 56 kills)

• Gate70 likes this

• Members
  • 981 posts

Hey CKT,

I really like these mods, perfect for what I'm thinking for Merlin - I figured out how the first works w/a couple of trials run just inside Candlekeep.  I like the latter of your two Druidic Sorcerer options although I'm having a problem similar to when I make Minsc a Barbarian.  When I first pick him up in Nashkel, he jumps to like level 4.  I figured out that if I wait a bit in that case it 'catches up' & doesn't cause that to happen.  In this case, as soon as the PC appears I get the level up '+' and he jumps to level 9.  Trying to figure out how to get around that rather than going with the former option.  

I think I'm going to 'reinstall' my Tutu game anyway.  I forgot what options I chose plus I want to add these in where appropriate.  Thanks again.  

Oh, btw, I'll be playing Merlin for a day or two as I just got back from a military business trip and a week Thanksgiving break (playing music w/my son and brother and getting whipped and abused by my son on the basketball court) only to find 'Le' Morte d'Arthur, King Arthur and the Legends of the Round Table' - it's MUCH longer than Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.  Since I read about six words a minute  :(,  (akin to how slowly I play Baldur's Gate) it'll be a while before I can start Arthur or whichever I end up choosing.  

CKT

• Grond0 and Grimwald the Wise like this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

I really like these mods, perfect for what I'm thinking for Merlin - I figured out how the first works w/a couple of trials run just inside Candlekeep.  I like the latter of your two Druidic Sorcerer options although I'm having a problem similar to when I make Minsc a Barbarian.  When I first pick him up in Nashkel, he jumps to like level 4.  I figured out that if I wait a bit in that case it 'catches up' & doesn't cause that to happen.  In this case, as soon as the PC appears I get the level up '+' and he jumps to level 9.  Trying to figure out how to get around that rather than going with the former option.  

In vanilla the level is determined by the level of your character when you first meet them.  Here's a discussion of the mechanics and a page showing what levels NPCs will be in BG1:

https://forums.beamd...n-they-join-you

http://www.forgotten...om/bg1/good.htm

I think the jump you refer to must be the result of having level 1 NPCs installed as a mod.  That has a component with the option of allowing NPCs to be recruited at a level that matches more closely the level of the PC.

• Charlestonian Knight Templar likes this

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts

Solid work with your MP run, guys. Have fun party down there with Jon!

• corey_russell likes this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Gate70/Grond0 multiplayer attempt 94 - (update 1)

Tony, dwarf fighter/cleric (Grond0) & Flena, half-elf blade (Gate70)

This thick and thin pairing have made a solid start to BG2 - though a bit too solid in the case of Flena.

They breezed through the dungeon without problems - some summoned skeletons helping to make short work of Ulvaryl.

Spoiler

A quick stop at the circus provided a warm-up exercise.  Then Gaelan Bayle directed them to the Copper Coronet.  They had no trouble upstairs,

Spoiler

but chose then to descend to search out Lilarcor for Flena.  Tony asked her when she would be in position to attack the kobold shaman - but answer came there none ...

Spoiler

After fighting his way through some muggers to reach a temple Tony returned to restore Flena and the duo soon were grinning and bearing Lilarcor's idea of a sparkling conversation.  It's chatter was still more impressive than Captain Haegan though - his mouth was firmly shut and he just stood there while bits were being carved out of him.

Spoiler

The slaver wizards didn't do much better - they were mainly lying down on the job.

Spoiler

Flena was having fun during that sequence playing with wraithform as a spell.  That's very difficult to get hold of in BGT, so we don't have much experience of it, but I suspect Flena is going to enjoy quite a bit of immunity from normal weapons using it.

The slavers had provided enough funds to pay Gaelan Bayle off before leaving the Slums, but the duo were greedy for a bit more - so suckered Suna Seni into a hopeless ambush before they finally arrived at the Docks to speak to Aran Linvail.  

Spoiler

Tony got an armour upgrade there before they took a quick trip to the Temple area to get a necklace for Mae'Var - Tony being surprised there to be directed to the Temple of Talos to learn about the Unseeing Eye (he's chaotic neutral).

They didn't bother hiding on the way back to the Docks, so the mage managed to get a spell off while Renfeld was being rescued - but a bit of nifty footwork ensured a bouncing lightning bolt claimed no victims.

Spoiler

Back at the Docks the duo needed to rest in order for Tony to memorise spiritual hammer for some golems (he only has a +1 weapon at the moment) - though Flena would have gone through them quick enough on her own.  Upstairs, Tony sanctuaried past Rayic and set up some skeletons to do the hard work on the mage.  

Spoiler

After a bit more running round it was Mae'Var's turn to face the music - and when the music stopped he was lying down rather than sitting in a chair.

Spoiler

Tony%20L9_zpsfuaeyvcr.jpg

Flena%20L12_zpsf7eatnwc.jpg

Stats:

Tony, fighter 9 / cleric 9, 102 HPs (incl. 5 from Helm), 94 kills

Flena, blade 12, 62 HPs, 29 kills, 0 deaths

• ussnorway, Serg BlackStrider, Charlestonian Knight Templar and 1 other like this

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

Omt2- 7,

The tyranny of forfeiture:

Hear text as mp3,

I've had a bad tenday guys… turns out Perth is a bugger to kill without Druid spells, an opening salvo pushed him to near dead but then his scripts kicked in and saved him.

o2e-mtl66.jpg

Spoiler
o2e-mtl70.jpg

o2e-mtl71.jpg

Spoiler
o2e-mtl73.jpg

I went into detect illusions mode to counter some of his defence and Dorn feed him the flail… my two peons got 'death spell'ed and then I was 'stun' hit. I'm alive because despite being locked in place the others crowded around and blocked Perth in the corner until his absolute immunity wore off.

I felt weird during the spellhold tour so we planted our gear as an insurance … Yoshimo betrayed me to Irenicus.  I gave up a wisdom point and got my bunny killed to defeat the dream boogieman… on the up side Imoen is back in the party.

• Charlestonian Knight Templar and Grimwald the Wise like this

• Members
  • 981 posts

I think the jump you refer to must be the result of having level 1 NPCs installed as a mod.  That has a component with the option of allowing NPCs to be recruited at a level that matches more closely the level of the PC.

Thanks Grond0 but here it's my PC.  Not sure Level 1 NPCs would impact him, especially if I don't have any NPCs yet.  

I think it has something to do with the coding of the Druidic Sorcerer.  I read in one place that 'the hardcoded nature' of the Barbarian can cause it to react poorly w/Lvl 1 NPCs, which it does until you figure out how to get a round it.  I'm thinking it's a similar thing w/the Druidic Sorcerer.  

Regardless, I just dumped my BG and Tutu installations so I'll be reinstalling from scratch, in which case I will ensure that I install everything in the proper order.  

Thanks again, CKT

• Grimwald the Wise likes this

Epsil0

Epsil0
  • Members
  • 208 posts

Milan the Avenger Fighter is finally is entering Amn. I seem to have deleted quite a few of my early screenshots, but I'll try to give it as accurately as I can.

Mods: Quest pack, NPCFlirt, BG2Tweaks (Shapeshifter Rebalancing included.) Rogue Rebalancing, and SCSv30, AI and a few difficulty options. No prebuffs for casters, no improved Vampires because CON drain forces mages with Pro. Magic Weapons active to deal with them.

Milan has enough experience for 12th Avenger upon reaching Amn, and immediately levels before dualing to Fighter. New pips: two in Sling, two in Spear. Grandmastery in Slings is planned. He takes along the full squad, Jaheira, Imoen, and Minsc and later Yoshimo. No major scares here; Imoen manages to split the major Duergar encounter in half with Web and Sleeping Cloud. Minsc stealths past the Mephits to claim the Gravebinder +2, and the one rest I do get was after Jaheira leveled and got a spellslot for True Seeing for the assassins.

We set the circus to rights, claiming Aerie as our first mage, and get Coo!'d at by our favorite Coo!-er. The slavers at the Coronet prove to be pushovers with even the animals being a greater threat than them. In the Sewers, the Mustard Jelly is a tad irritating with immunity to most of our weapons, but we push through and take Lilarcor at the expense of my sanity. Aerie casts Invisibility 10' Radius on us to infiltrate the Slaver's Boat, and we immediately close with the Priest. Without their spell casting, the fighters, while damaging, are killable. A Silence: 15" Radius on the Mages neutralizes one, and a Holy Smite interrupts the other to allow a deathless takeover.

First travel, though, gives our first death:

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-22%20at%208.44.5

Glitterdust absolutely murders us. I think I actually paid for this Raise Dead for some reason instead of using Harper's Call, but...

We purchase a spell caster's license after, and free Viconia before telling her to skedaddle to the graveyard. I invisibly travel to attempt to trigger the Renfield ambush, and easily survive this ambush. Holy Smite interrupts the spells of Xzar's apprentices, and Xzar gets killed via HarperAssassin shortly. After getting Jaheira cursed, Milan chooses to buy off the mages and finishes off Baron Ployer. As the party rests, Jaheira is called to the Harper's Hold. The rest of us solve the Bridge District Murders. Strategy was for Aerie to bait out the Rune Assassin Backstabs with her Stoneskins invisibly before coming back up the stairs to have the group beat them up. Fairly successful. Ghasts and Bone Golem followed.

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-27%20at%208.24.0

Jaheira returned almost immediately after, leading us to have to go in kind of under leveled, under geared, and definitely outmatched by this set of SCS opponents.

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-27%20at%208.39.1

Jaheira is first to fall, followed by Yoshimo and Minsc. Aerie and Milan survive, and I have Milan run for the upper levels while Aerie remains downstairs. Only one of the Harpers has died, with... 4 remaining. Lovely. The charge of the Wand of Cloudkill from Irenicus' dungeon is expended, failing to kill their archer. Aerie lures the others from the stairs, barely remaining alive through two Stoneskin Scrolls and the last of her arcane magic (MGoI and Minor Spell Deflection.) Milan drinks an oil of speed and finishes the job with the Sling of Seeking.

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-27%20at%208.54.1

After two rests to raise everyone, Milan finds that Jaheira's ties with the Harpers too troublesome to deal with; she got three of them killed, after all. It is, however, a final farewell. There's apparently only one Druid/Fighter allowed here.

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-27%20at%209.10.5

So, keeping in mind that Milan is going to be rather anti-organization for awhile, but still attempting to reclaim his druidic magic, he decides (And I metagame) that the group's going to Trademeet to deal with the grove. I pick up Cernd, who... apparently's been given a buff by some mod buffing Shapeshifters. I think it's BG2Tweaks, since I don't believe that SCS modifies the forms themselves in any way. There's now two tokens available, Lesser Werewolf and Werewolf. The latter has stats of 19 STR/17 DEX with a fairly low AC, able to hit -4 or -5 comfortably without any spells, and 3 APR. Is it broken in melee? Not any more so than Blades, I think, who can get the same types of stats... except can cast without destroying their physical stats. Anyways.

The group of 3 Spirit Trolls near the beginning of the Druid map prove too much to handle, and Aerie whisks us away invisibly. The purchase of Invisibility:10" Radius has been worth its weight in gold. I still want the Spear of the Unicorn, though, so after fighting in the Troll Mound itself, zoning out maybe half the trolls with Web... Screen%20Shot%202015-11-27%20at%209.49.1

Cernd proves that Druids do, in fact, get damage spells (even if only outside)

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-27%20at%209.55.5

Before shutting down the first two groups of druids with Insect Plague.

Minsc dies to Myconids from the Spore Colony; his AC is simply too high to sustain that type of beating, even with Lilarcor providing immunity. Aerie blasts through with all her arcane level 3s going to Fireball. We leave the Rakshashas alone, and fighting for the club, the group suffers its first (second, including Jaheira) permanent loss. Druids really DO get blasting spells:

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-28%20at%208.58.0 I probably could've saved him by drinking a potion, but I thought the last blast was already done. Thank goodness it wasn't targeted at Milan.

On another note, I've had it with the Greater Werebears. They're almost literally impossible to kill, regenerate at 20 HP per round, hit as though they're at least +3 weapons, and are Hasted so they can't even be kited. They're a level 6 Druid slot, sharing the slot with Fire Elementals. This is my policy on dealing with them forevermore: Screen%20Shot%202015-11-28%20at%209.00.2 I just found out what happened here: Legacy component from Weimer's mod that's included in Improved Shapeshifting in the BG2Tweaks. I'm going to try to uninstall that one component. (Also gets rid of Druids getting Sanctuary and Chant and a few other spells they shouldn't have.)

Anyhow. With the ludicrously unbeatable-besides-DeathSpell Werebears out of the way (To expound a bit further, someone found that one of these bears can practically solo Adalon unbuffed. The spell summons two.) the druid casting them died soon after. Faldorn loses to Cernd after a bit of an Invisibility prebuff. She failed her save vs Insect Plague, and died soon after.

I'll update further on Umar and Nalia's Keep sometime soon.

• Serg BlackStrider, Grond0, Charlestonian Knight Templar and 1 other like this