Photo

Baldur's Gate 2 No-Reload Challenge

• Please log in to reply
15228 replies to this topic

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts

You do insist on cutting things fine don't you?

I would have dealt with the shade lord, slept, and then gone back for Thaxxy. :)

• corey_russell likes this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Actually, if I had known Thaxxy would ignore the undead hunters and would go for the party, I would not have attacked him at all. In fact, I probably would have saved Thaxxy for chapter 6 (nothing paladins need from him anyways). I did not want the party to fight Thaxxy, only the undead hunters, but obviously Thaxxy had other ideas...

• Grimwald the Wise and Blackraven like this

Jabberwock

Jabberwock
  • Members
  • 62 posts

The party progresses through the early game...

Baldur%202015-12-12%2023-51-10-186_zpstb

I always fight the ogre mage in irenicus's dungeon, even though as best I can tell there is no point and he is at least somewhat dangerous with SCS. Anyhow, his prebuffs didn't include II, so he went down pretty quickly.

Baldur%202015-12-13%2013-15-45-950_zps5u

Once out of Jon's dungeon, our first order of business was to get Aerie from the circus, and then Haerdalis and Edwin. The temple sewers party I think is actually fairly dangerous, but whenever I fight them they seem to always get totally bulldozed by mass disables, which is what happened here again.

Baldur%202015-12-13%2013-41-59-080_zpseq

We then went Mekrath's tower to get H. Mekrath himself is quite easy, but his tower frequently spawns a yuanti mage, which is totally obnoxious and the real threat. Anyhow, he still went down without too much trouble.

Baldur%202015-12-13%2014-05-09-583_zpsj0

Then we went to deal with Jaheira's curse. We were low on spells because I was worried that Jaheira was running low on max hp as the curse grew (not sure what the limit or actual danger is here but didn't want to check / metagame and better safe than sorry). Chaos sorted most of them out. I did visit the coweled wizards in the interim to get a magic license and learned that one of the mages that cursed Jaheira will confront you as you leave, and offer not to defend ployer in exchange for a bribe. I did not know that, despite doing the quest many times.

I also nearly got killed in an instance I unfortunately did not screen shot. In a fight with the pirates in Thumb's bar, the mage hit charname with a chromatic orb, and charname did not make his save. As the petrification sound played in the background, I was very thankful that I had moments earlier in the fight noticed that he was not protected from petrification and buffed him. Yikes.

Baldur%202015-12-13%2021-11-05-312_zpsmx

Somehow I forgot about the prismatic spray trap in the slaver compound, despite having played through it approximately a million times. Fortunately yoshimo did not roll disintegration, although he was killed. Also yikes.

Baldur%202015-12-13%2022-50-01-302_zps6j

Somehow during the Torgal fight I forgot to berserk, leaving charname vulnerable to confusion. As I saw the approaching shot, I knew I did not have enough time to berserk so drank a potion of invulnerability instead, getting my spell save down to 5. Charname then rolled a 5 on his save. Whew.

Baldur%202015-12-13%2022-57-59-629_zpskg

Haerdalis gets hit by a monster crit from Torgal. I don't think this put him at -10 or less, but it reminds me that at some point I'd like to try a run without chunking protection but with SCS... Probably pretty tough!

The fight also almost went sideways at the end when it emerged that charname hasted and dual wielding the FoA and whatever the 2 fire damage axe is called (sold by Bernard in the CC) did not do enough damage to kill Torgal before he got back up. Anyhow, after a brief moment of significant fear, I found that we had a scroll of death fog, and the additional acid damage was enough to take Torgal out with the help of charname. 

Baldur%202015-12-14%2000-08-19-753_zpsan

Me again forgetting to berserk and getting confused. At least not in a dangerous location.

Baldur%202015-12-14%2000-26-23-184_zpszk

I have yet to have Jaheira lose to Faldorn, although the fight always feels risky to me. I'm not actually sure what happens if you lose. I always start the fight by casting insect plague, which puts Faldorn in a tough position. But if she did the same, or interupted me, or got off a nature's beauty, seems like the fight could go very south very quickly.

Next stop may be some odds and ends in Athkatla, then Windspear then Umar Hills.

• corey_russell, ussnorway, Serg BlackStrider and 3 others like this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Nice work, Jabberwok. By the way, if you lose the Druid Grove fight, just you just collect the dead druid's stuff, and resurrect and try again. I've lost the fight and had to do the fight a 2nd time.

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Entertaining stuff Corey. I really enjoy reading your updates.

Good start Jabberwock, I'm glad your Berserker's flirts with death didn't result in the end of your run. Keep it up!

• corey_russell and Grimwald the Wise like this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Blackraven said...

Entertaining stuff Corey. I really enjoy reading your updates.

Is that because you are liking hearing about all the stuff going wrong?  :)

• Grimwald the Wise likes this

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Is that because you are liking hearing about all the stuff going wrong?  :)

Haha, well I do like the improvised stuff, but I sincerely hope things won't go 'too wrong'. Also, reading your updates you seem to really be having a lot of fun.

• Grimwald the Wise likes this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Russell VI the level 10 Inquisitor and his band of paladins, update 6

So last we heard the party was about to take on the Shade Lord, while we did some buffs, I think what made the most difference was Keldorn fired a well aimed dispel magic which got the shade lord but not the entire party. As a result, the shade lord, altar and minions fell super fast.

Since no room for ranger, Valygar was slaughtered, as well as his ranger guardians. His body was used to grease the door locks of the Planar Sphere once we were in the Slums again.

The Mayor of Immesvale was happy to hear the news of our success.

There were then a lot of misc quests around the city to be done:

1) Fallen Paladins dealt with - our paladins had better armor and weapons, so the result was hardly a surprise.

2) Sir Sarles quest done - we used the fake illithium and gave to the Church of Helm. We will eventually forge the IMoD so that Misty doesn't have to be level drained.

3) Mook murdered (and avenged), contacts for the rival guild easily defeated.

4) Necklace of Weathermistress of Talos stolen and given to Maevar

5) Dawn Ring successfully recovered

6) Prebek and company pretty easily defeated.

7) Maevar's guild looted (best we can, anyways)

8) Keldorn brought his wife and Sir William Thorpe to court, and is now available to help the party.

EDIT: (more stuff, I forgot)

9) Dracandros and gang - ranged fire (of entire party) took down the mage almost immediately. Rest of the enemies were then easy to mop up, since our front-liners cannot be held (but the enemy cleric tried anyways)...

10) Reijek accused of murder - his minions on the 3rd level tried to hurt us - a few big hits on Misty, but she managed to pull through thanks to a few extra healing potions.

11) Neb couldn't escape thanks to the paladins' true sight. We had to use a fire giant potion to bash the door open. The children then left us exhausted.

12) While the fire giant potion was still active, the party rushed to the lich door at the City Gates Inn, and then Russell VI used the potion buff plus DUHM to bash it open. Quickly, the party ran to the door by Maevar's guild, and Russell did DUHM and bashed Kangaxx's door open (and got duly level drained). Some restoration scrolls were bought and used to bring Russell back to normal.

EDIT 2:

13) Galen Bayle's blood money paid.

We need to deal with Rayic Gethras next. We are hoping our dispel magics will be enough (we are level 10). If not, should be a very interesting battle...

• ussnorway and Grimwald the Wise like this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Haha, well I do like the improvised stuff, but I sincerely hope things won't go 'too wrong'. Also, reading your updates you seem to really be having a lot of fun.

Well, paladins are my favorite class, and of all parties I have done, party of all paladins are my favorite party. So you are right, I am enjoying myself. Since I'm not doing much magic or thief stuff, the playing itself is very streamlined, and I enjoy the rapid progress the paladins are thus able to make. They made it through BG 1 in two days, which is fast for my parties (usually takes me a week or more for most party types).

• Grond0, Grimwald the Wise and Blackraven like this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Gate70/Grond0 multiplayer attempt 94 - (update 1)

Tony, dwarf fighter/cleric (Grond0) & Flena, half-elf blade (Gate70)

This pairing had a brief outing a few days ago.  That started with reporting to Renal their success against Mae'Var before they headed for Watcher's Keep.  There were no vampiric wraiths there and Lilarcor enjoyed himself as they successfully killed the guardian golems this time.  

Spoiler

However, that still didn't mean plain sailing as the lich was not handed his slippers and was distinctly grumpy about being awoken (Tony had been in the room with the slippers, but not picked them up - I think at the time I wasn't sure that Gate70 would want to tackle the golems given our recent experience there!).  A quick retreat out of the Keep put that problem off for a future day though.

Tony had been restricted to helping out against the golems using +3 bullets, so led the way to the de'Arnise Hold to try and get a decent +3 melee weapon.  That was soon made available after the yuan-ti mage was silenced (as was Glaicas to prevent him giving up and taking his equipment away - though he still had a good go in melee before being held).  

Spoiler

Another golem managed to inflict some iron poisoning on Flena, but died too quickly for that to be a problem.  

Spoiler

There was a potential concern though when Flena tried tackling the umber hulks using chaotic commands and wraith form - their attacks were coded as magical weapons and Tony had to quickly step in to prevent Flena being sliced and diced.  

Spoiler

Torgal himself didn't last long

Spoiler

before Tony reported to Nalia, but rejected the chance to take a stronghold.

Stats:

Tony, fighter 9 / cleric 9, 102 HPs (incl. 5 from Helm), 123 kills

Flena, blade 13, 64 HPs, 56 kills, 0 deaths

• ussnorway, Serg BlackStrider and Grimwald the Wise like this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Russell VI the Inquisitor and band of paladins - Update 7

Party is level 11, except Keldorn level 10 (he's about 100,000 experience behind other party members)

The team has made some good progress. We had a rather odd thing happen - during a night-time vamp ambush, we got warned by the Cowlies for "practicing" magic.  Apparently, when Keldorn's sword hits and enemy back after hitting Keldorn, that is counted as casting magic...we have since un-equipped this sword, we don't want to pay the 5000 gold. This was the dangerous ambush with 4 vampires - both Misty and Russell VI were badly drained and had to use invisibility potions (with AI off) to let the undead hunters clear out the enemies. No chunkings this time...good thing vanilla vamps don't see through invis.

The vampire lair was cleared out without too much trouble - Misty got level drained because she had a +1 mace equipped rather than her IMoD - woops!

Baldr561_zpsbfilmg5x.png

Another thing dealt with was Mekrath - he could not survive after being hit with an inquisitor dispel magic. His minions were of no threat to us.

We decided we were tough enough to deal with the Planar Prison. This went really well, no deaths.

Spoiler tag has some screenshots, including some from that apply to the previous post of mine.

Spoiler

Party Stats:

Hanna the Undead Hunter, 83 HP, 118 kills, Master of Thralls

Misty the Cavalier, 106 HP (DUHM active), 124 kills, Thaxxyssyllyia

Joshua the Undead Hunter, 108 HP, 120 kills, Crypt King

Russell VI the Inquisitor, 107 HP, 123 kills, Spirit Troll

Forrest the Paladin, 79 HP, 101 kills, Mekrath

Keldorn the Inquisitor, 98 HP, 15 kills, Shade Lord

All party members seem to be carrying their weight well. The casters of the party are finally starting to get some useful things, like DUHM, silence and hold person, as well as chant and bless.

• ussnorway, Dogdancing, Grond0 and 1 other like this

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts

@Corey

I was surprised that learning a spell also counts as using magic.

Since my mod installation went awry, I have decided that Blackstaff will take on an un-modded game. Since he came through vanilla ToSC that seems apt.

I may well try doing the big world set-up later before I start another character, or I may try EE first.

I was surprised to find that Blackstaff is a level four cleric upon entering Amn. A very pleasant surprise. :) Of course he has lost his **** in quarterstaves, it was in blunt weapons in ToSC) but he does have * in hammers and * in flails as well as some useful spells.

What was also a surprise was that he had lost a lot of experience as a fighter, In ToSC he had 161,000 experience as a fighter, 0 experience or thereabouts as a cleric. Now he has 125,000. :(

Upon import I made him a berserker. His frequent rages made that seem appropriate. That is of course currently inactive.

He started by exploring the dungeon with Imoen who immediately cast armour aand stoneskin plus haste before encountering any enemies. This proved to be sufficient for fighting the mephit and the ogre/mage.

After the fight with the ogre/mage, Blackstaff healed himself. To fight the goblins, Imoen cast summon monsters to fight the archers. The monsters quickly prevailed and then joined in the melee.

They then fought against another mephit who seemed to be invulnerable to their attacks. Imoen cast magic missile which was more effective, then after changing position so that it would not rebound on her, she cast lightning bolt. That killed it and so they were able to acquire some better equipment. At that point Darkstaff levelled up. They slept at that point in order to recover somewhat.

They battled their way through to the dryads, resting as necessary, and by the time they got there, Darkstaff had reached level 6.

The battle against Illych was going exceedingly well due to Imoen casting web followed by three fireballs. Only Illych was left and the pair were just about to buff themselves in order to finish him off when a mephit turned up from behind them. It kept on interrupting their spells with the result that when Illych joined in the fray, Blackstaff and Imoen were quite badly hurt, though not dangerously so.

Blackstaff healed them both, but then needed to sleep again. Imoen changed her spells to be haste and summoned monsters prior to sleeping.

• ussnorway and Blackraven like this

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts

Upon leaving the dungeon, Blackstaff had reached level 8, only one level to go in order to regain his ability with the staff!  :)

No major incidents in the dungeon except for one time when Blackstaff was stunned my a mephit and whilst stunned was badly injured by goblins with bows.

After exiting the dungeon Blackstaff said farewell to his companions and went to the circus. After solving the problems there, he went to the copper coronet where he killed Amals with the result that he reached level 9 cleric. This means that he now has ***** in quarterstaves. :) He feels a lot more comfortable now. His staff is only +1, but that is OK.

(If I had mods installed, the staff would be more powerful, but so would the enemies.)

It was then time to free some slaves. Not at all difficult. So do I free them all or help Nalia. Help Nalia I think. The slaves will still be there when I return.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Wise: Martial Staff would be a good weapon for a long time (it's a +3 Staff) - you can get one in Trademeet I think after solving their problems - or you can get one from the cutpurse who shows up by night by the Temple in the Slums.

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts

Thanks Corey. That staff was VERY readily available, but it emptied my purse. Nalia will now have to wait until I can equip her. He's a fence rather than a cut-purse though. I thought that I would have to fight him for it and so was prepared for battle. :D

• corey_russell likes this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Nalia has her magic - so just give her a short bow and some ammo and she can use that when she's not casting spells. She can use the Armor spell until you can afford some good equipment for her (like maybe the AC 3 bracers from Ribald's)

• Blackraven likes this

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts

Nalia has her magic - so just give her a short bow and some ammo and she can use that when she's not casting spells. She can use the Armor spell until you can afford some good equipment for her (like maybe the AC 3 bracers from Ribald's)

I was thinking that, particularly as I have quite a lot of spells waiting for her to memorise. I'm a bit annoyed that I had to drop some scrolls, (either that or dropping even more valuable weapons). I made sure that it was the cheapest ones that Blackstaff dropped. He then helped an orphan in the graveyard district, dealt with those who buried Tidir, and killed Uncle Lester. After sleeping he bought the staff +3.

Blackstaff went under the Copper Coronet and killed the first party of hobgoblins. He got poisoned and had to retire upstairs. Realising that he will need a thief for the copper coronet and for the skinner murders, he is about to join up with Nalia. All being well, he will kill the lich in the gate district before going to Chateau D'Arnise.

EDIT

Darkstaff didn't get to kill the lich as Nalia couldn't open the lock to get Daystar. :( Never mind, she'll be pepared next time. They returned the harper to the compound and began the D'Arnise keep. Soon afterwards Darkstaff became a level 10 cleric. There was one interesting incident outside the keep. Darkstaff and Nalia were attacked by a troll. This was before Nalia had picked up the arrows of fire. Fortunately she had a couple of burning hands spells memorised. She only needed one of them, :)

EDIT2

The trolls weren't a problem, neither was Glacius. A mage was however. Just before it died it cast confusion on both darkstaff and Nalia. The trolls then did their work and wounded Darkstaff badly. That was repairable. Then by buffing Darkstaff was able to take on the golems, killing all but the iron golem. They tried to take that on too, but to no avail.

They had to retire hurt. One problem is that neither of them can use the weapons that they have just acquired.

They will have to content themselves with going as far as the umber hunks, getting the flail of ages, and then getting another party member or two. Plus azuredge!

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Russell VI the Inquisitor and his band of paladins, Update 8

Just a quick update. Getting near the end of chapter two stuff - only things left we want to do are Windspear Hills, Stronghold, Firkraag, and Twisted Rune Guarded Compound in that order.

* Maevar and guild defeated - with protection from evil and true sights, plus the paladins strong weapons and armor, was far too much for the thieves to overcome.

* Elemental lich, Shade Lich, and Gates district lich all defeated by Misty with a single protection from undead scroll. We had to buy Fire Giant potion so Russell VI could use that plus DUHM to bust open the chest with the Daystar.

* First level of Watcher's Keep mostly cleared. It was necessary to use BOTH an invulnerability potion and II from RoAC - our saves still aren't great yet - level 13 can't come fast enough. Our priorities here were the ammo belt and the Foebane for Keldorn - I want to put him in front, as soon as we can get the Gauntlets of Dexterity for him.

* Kangaxx defeated - Misty with protection from  magic and IMoD got the job done. Ring went to Russell VI, primarily to help his saves - he still doesn't have automatic save vs. FoD yet - will probably need to use a potion of invulnerability to make sure Russell VI survives, as Conster often seems to target the main character.

* Unseeing Eye Quest Completed - With Undead Hunters and Shield of Balduran, almost child's play. Misty's protection from magic scroll was still active, so she used it to set off the two traps on the way to get to the old temple of Amaunator.

Windspear Hills our next target. Keldorn in front with Foebane now, with Misty using Boomerang dagger for now (when she gets the firetooth dagger, she'll be much more effective).

• ussnorway, Grond0, Grimwald the Wise and 1 other like this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Russell VI the Inquisitor and his band of paladins - Update 9

Russell VI is very close to rescuing Imoen. First, Garren Windspear's daughter had to be rescued - which she was, without incident.

Spoiler

Next up, was to do the Paladin Stronghold quests. For once, we got through all 4 without any bugs or problems, which was nice. Got a nice armor upgrade from the deal.

After that, was time to deal with Firkraag. I remember from Russell V that I needed to use haste potions, fire resistance items, and the key is dispelling arrows - without stoneskins, PfMW and haste, Firkraag goes down much easier. And in fact he does, about 4 rounds I think. Poor Firkraag had to face the dragonslayer and the dragon halberd, as well as FoA and the Foebane - that plus being dispelled he couldn't do much but a single wing buffet.

Baldr564_zpsgoju4xai.png

Baldr565_zpszgo8iauh.png[/URL]

Next challenge was to use Tazok's sewer key and clear out the Illithid's "hidden" base. We had to do some equipment shuffling, use potions of genius, and also two potions of invulnerability on our tanks for this part, Hanna and Keldorn. This ended up being very smooth.

Since we were in the area, we thought we'd pay the guarded compound a visit. The ground level was easy (though we didn't loot with the all the traps). For the 2nd level, true sights and silences were too much for the enemies to recover from.

Spoiler

Now that our equipment is pretty stable, it's about time I showed everyone what the paladins are using. Paladins listed in their tanking order.

Spoiler

Party Stats:

Hanna the Undead Hunter, 96 HP, 246 kills, Statue

Keldorn the Inquisitor, 109 HP, 40 killls, Shade Lord

Joshua the Undead Hunter, 111 HP, 182 kills, Unseeing Eye

Russell VI the Inquisitor, 105 HP, 173 kills, Adamantite Golem

Misty the Cavalier, 91 HP, 211 kills, Firkraag

Forrest the Paladin, 82 HP, 155 kills, Mekrath

Hanna is running away the kills - this is mostly because she gets to the enemies first with her haste boots. Misty keeps getting the kills shots on the dragons, which makes sense with her bonus to damage against dragons (and she was using the Dragonslayer that moment).

• ussnorway and Grimwald the Wise like this

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts

Well this is the end of Darkstaff. He was charmed upon returning to the slaver compound. Then Nalia was killed. The end. :(

I had forgotten what vanilla was like. No level 1 NPCs means that you can't rearrange skill points as you would wish.

I did liike the fighter dual classed to cleric. Darkstaff was some power house when he had DUHM, Righteous magic, and haste cast upon him.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Sorry to hear that wise. You are starting to see, though, why my human fighters almost always wear the charm helmet.

Russell VI the Human Inquisitor and fellow paladins - Update 10

The party is currently working their way through Spellhold. I made a colossal blunder at the trapped paintings - Misty got DISINTEGRATED! We lost just a staggering amount of unique equipment when she poofed (her equipment went with her). Here is the list:

* Ring of Air Control

* Arbane

* Daystar

* Namuraa

* Dragonslayer

* IMoD

* Dragonshield? (the one you get when you obtain Dragonslayer)

* Dragon Helm

* +3 dagger (the one with the sleep proc)

* Boomerang Dagger

* Red Dragon Armor

* Fire Resistance Ring

What hurts the most is losing all that fire resistance equipment - the quest must continue, all the same...

Will keep at it.

• ussnorway, Grond0, Grimwald the Wise and 1 other like this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Russell VI the Inquisitor with his band of paladins - Update 11

Russell VI and gang have made it out of Spellhold, as well as just about to enter the Underdark. I did have something very unusual happen, which has never happened to me before - because we lost the IMoD when Misty disintegrated, my party was using ranged attacks to make sure Russell VI didn't get level drained to nothing (Paladins cannot use AoP in my install) - well, while this was going on, apparently Hanna killed Bodhi with Azuredge, during the brief encounter where the PC changes into Slayer for the first time! I always thought she would be immune to those instant death effects...

Baldr574_zps12sgeu1j.png

Irenicus was defeated - as usual, dispelling arrows really mess him up.

Spoiler

Will keep at it...

• ussnorway, Dogdancing, Grond0 and 2 others like this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Just a quick note about Russell VI and his band of paladins - we've made it out of the Underdark - the encounters here were pretty clean, though we had to use the rod of resurrection two times. Russell VI has decided to relax the rules for group members slightly - he will allow Mazzy to join, since she considers herself a paladin of Avoreen. We did do everything down here, except freeing the mage (no arcane). We also didn't do the trapped souls, other than the trapped deep gnome, since we know some of enemies in that thing can imprison, and we can free anyone if that happens. We're about level 16 I think.

Money is real good, so we'll be buying a few things first thing.

• Grond0, Grimwald the Wise and Blackraven like this

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts

@Corey

Though some don't like it, I quite like the Mazzy the paladin mod.

With it she can actually become a paladin if she does the right things.

However, on the down side, she is not as good a fighter afterwards. Only ** in weapons profficiencies.

• Blackraven and semiticgod like this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Russell VI the Inquisitor and his band of paladins - Update 13 - FINAL SoA Update!

I have some screenshots of the Underdark adventure I haven't shown yet - I was a little worried about rescuing Phaere - but we managed to do so with only one death.

Spoiler

We took a death in the Illithid City too, but Rod of Resurrection got them up to speed...

Spoiler

I had a bit of a scare when Adalon brought to the exit - Russell VI got stunned!

Spoiler

Fortunately, Keldorn's dispel magic came through once again.

We had a nice, intense battle with Kruin and his Githyanki - fortunately the paladins won, but we had to gulp a good number of potions to stay intact.

Spoiler

Time to beat Bodhi once and for all - the team did well, though Keldorn got level drained a few times. Keldorn was killed by Bodhi, but the team pulled through.

Spoiler

Suldanesslar was mostly straight-forward. I don't have a screenshot, but we had a scary moment when some battling some Rakshakshas, 4 party members were running around in fear and running everywhere. Fortunately the two left managed to use dispel magic/resist fear to bring some back, and we did win without any deaths. As for Nizi, some summons occupied him briefly, but then once in direct contact, Nizi did not last long.

Spoiler

At the Tree of Life fight, Irenicus did not have any good response to repeated dispel magics and was defeated.

Baldr584_zpsp1iupcwe.png

In Hell, was careful to do the good routes (don't want to become fallen like Russell V did here). We did some good buffs, and defeated the demons pretty handily. We did NOT do dispel magics on Irenicus - we didn't want to get rid of our own buffs - so instead, we just waited out the PfMW - the amount of damage incoming was just too much for Irenicus, and he was defeated!

Baldr585_zpstyedeefc.png

The party in the Enchanted Grove, about to talk to a talking statue...

EDIT:

Party Stats:

Hanna the Undead Hunter, 114 HP, 506 kills, Nizidramanyi'it

Mazzy the Fighter, 128 HP, 12 kills, Bodhi

Keldorn the Inquisitor, 127 HP, 162 kills, Balor

Joshua the Undead Hunter, 129 HP, 279 kills, Unseeing Eye

Forrest the Paladin, 100 HP, 217 kills, Balor

Russell VI the Inquisitor, 121 HP, 254 kills, Balor

• ussnorway, Gate70, Grimwald the Wise and 1 other like this