Photo

Baldur's Gate 2 No-Reload Challenge

• Please log in to reply
15228 replies to this topic

Triaxx2

Triaxx2
  • Members
  • 30 posts
As far as I know, the only +4 ammo in the game are the +4 bullets the Erinne sling creates.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Wasp's run rather tamely came to an end in the Umar Hills - I thought she was just being attacked by shadows and didn't have any buffs up, but there was a shadow fiend hiding among them and it paralysed her.  It was then a race to see whether her skeleton warrior could finish off the attackers before she died - it was close, but no cigar.

Satyricon331

Satyricon331
  • Members
  • 895 posts
I'm sorry to see that, Grond0! I don't usually comment, but I was watching your run with interest since I've been experimenting with books very similar to the one you posted at the end of your BG1 run.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Thanks.  It was quite fun getting that far and trying out some new spells (I've very rarely had a spell-caster that high level).  Somewhat typically for me the problem came when game play got too easy!  Final spells were:
Level 1 - magic missile, sleep, shield, protection from evil, protection from petrification
Level 2 - invisibility, mirror image, blur, knock, resist fear
Level 3 - minor spell deflection, Melf's minute meteors, skull trap, remove magic
Level 4 - polymorph self, stoneskin, improved invisibility, spirit armour
Level 5 - sunfire, spell immunity, breach, animate dead
Level 6 - improved haste, mislead, protection from magic energy
Level 7 - limited wish, spell sequencer
Level 8 - spell trigger

I can't comment on the sequencer and trigger as they weren't used (the only encounter I had where other spells were not comfortably sufficient was with the city gates lich, which was before I had those anyway).  Of the others I wouldn't take protection from petrification again - if you like polymorph you might want to experiment with chill touch to add a bit extra to your spider touch.  The only other one I didn't get value from was breach, but that's probably just down to my play style.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Gate70 wrote...

Well done, is that the first time you've had the ring? (as you can imagine the incentive to pickpocket a 2nd ring before the fight is pretty high)

I am fairly certain it is the first time - both the fight and the ring itself are completely unfamiliar (I have a good memory even for long past things).

Thanks - the experience encouraged me to have my solo cleric thief in BG 2 run in another computer to get the ring (he is not no-reload, he's reloaded millions of times). The cleric/thief used the Staff of Rynn (only +4 he could use, as this is before rescuing Imoen). He took a TON of reloads, I am quite fortunate Joshua took Kangaxx down in my no-reload. What's funny is I was killing the demi-lich with the cleric/thief, only for his single haste potion to wear off then with 1 APR Kangaxx just regenerated. Also the protection from undead was being dispelled as well. Ironcally, after getting extra haste potions the cleric/thief did it without needing the extras - he got a lot more critcal rolls which hastened the kill.

I played that non-no-reload almost the entire week-end, and the Kangaxx ring helped him immensely. I like how you can invis and rest almost anywhere, even in the city or in dungeons.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Triaxx2 wrote...

As far as I know, the only +4 ammo in the game are the +4 bullets the Erinne sling creates.

For SoA there's also that cloak that can create +5 darts 5 a day after doing Umar Hills quest. In ToB vendors have +4 bullets for sale.

@Grond0 - sorry to hear the end of your run. Soloing BG 2 seems pretty difficult at first - it takes a lot of experience to know what your character can and cannot do. The early parts are the always the hardest. Nice work to get that far though.

Edited by corey_russell, 01 August 2011 - 12:45 AM.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Lotan the human level 9 fighter dualed to level 14 druid advantures continue...

As expected, with Firkraag being the last quest to deal with before doing the main quest, the party did quite well here. We encountered a number of very high level undead (read: like 14000 experience for killing one), and both Joshua and Hanna gained a level.

As for Firkraag himself - this is a no reload, so no new or fancy stuff. We had a cloudkill wand with like 23 charges, so Paja crept up by herself I(under stealth) and found Firkraag. She backed off a bit, then fired cloudkill from wand, stealth, and repeat until Firkraag is dead.  We really wanted the Holy Avenger for Joshua before heading to Brynnlaw, but somewhat suspect if we can beat him in a fair fight at this point.

We complete the needed tasks for Linvail, and finally it's the party vs. the vampire coven. For Tanova, we just sent wave after wave of summons until she fell. The singles/duos of trash vampires were easily dealt with, though Joshua had to be healed often (AC not so high using holy avenger).

For the large ambush in tight quarters on the lower level, I tried a brand new tactic (for me). I had Paja stealth, open the door and quickly back off. This gave us a line of sight to the bloodpool. Hanna cast  firestorm as close to the pool as possible to try to catch as many enemies as she could in the mayhem. This was wildly successful, and much safer. Her firestorm damaged everyone, and killed many. Two vampires managed to charge the lines but fell almost immediately since they were already badly damaged. What was cool is one of the warders was firing his bow at us (like that is going to do anything), but he was blocking the path for a vampire - both of them succumbed to the firestorm.

Finally it's time for the "big" confrontation -- see our prep for Bodhi. Wasn't much 3 normal snares, 5 summons and haste. The party could have probably done it without the summons but it's a no reload.

After about 3 rounds Bodhi had enough. We reported our success to Linvail, and made our way to Brynnlaw. Imoen we've almost recued you, hang on...

Party Status:
Joshua's Character Sheet
Lotans Character Sheet
Hanna's Character Sheet
Paja's Character Sheet

Edited by corey_russell, 01 August 2011 - 04:33 AM.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Lotan the human level 9 fighter dualed to level 14 druid - small update

Well Lotan and party get to Brynnlaw. We ran into a 4 vampire ambush. They charmed Paja, the only person who doesn't have charm protection as she can't wear helmets, of course. However, Hanna cast Sunray and Joshua dispelled the charm and victory was achieved.

We met our contact at the local inn but he was assassinated. Before he died, he said his bride was a loca prostitute. So we checked out the brothel and had to kill a few guards. We found Galvena and noticed she appeared to be a cleric with a mage friend nearby. (leader's note: I usually use summons here, but was thinking - Joshua is wielding Carsomyr and has a powerful dispel magic, what is he afraid of?) Joshua charged them, dispelled their protections and started whacking away. After Galvena and her mage buddy were distracted with Joshua, Lotan came and in meleed from behind. They died quickly.

Senik's girl said she knew a captain that might have the information we seek -- she took us to him, and sure enough he mentioned a local mage has a wardstone of some kind. That was good enough for us. We eventually found what we thought was the building. Joshua went by himself, dispelled the mage's protections and charged. There wasn't much left of the mage. On the mage was a book of infinite spells. It was on fireball - I don't need that, Paja already has 3 fireballs memorized. So turned the page and got...burning hands. Useless, we dropped it.

We made our way to Spellhold and found Imoen. But apparently we were betrayed and got captured. Lotan then had a dream, with Imoen in it. She said she could help him defeat something. Lotan cast two fire elementals, put on a haste potion, and found this "something" - Bhaal avatar of some kind. Lotan brought Bhaal to Imoen and destroyed Bhaal VERY fast (leader's note: probably could have won without any spells/buffs at all. Lotan has 4 attacks per round. Also, I sacrified CON, but not think was a litle bumble, as STR would not affect me at all since I am using a strength bracers).

Bodhi released us, and conveniently gave us all our equipment, including weapons and armor. Imoen joined the group. I had 3 FULL scroll cases of spells. First we gave her 2 intelligence potions putting her intelligence at 25, she isn't failing to write a spell. Then she memorized away...this gave both Hanna and Paja a level.

After that, we took our scroll cases back, gave Imoen couple of Galvena quest items we didn't need any more, and sent her on her way. You see Imoen, this is the Russell clan, you aren't a Russell? Sorry? She was actually pretty understanding about it and left, but not beforing giving us the junk we tried to stiff her with. So we just dropped it on the floor.

We found a group of powerful Yuantis, including THREE mages and a Greater Yuan-ti, whatever that is. Paja again soloed -- she stealthed, fire cloudkill wand, stealth, fire cloudkill wand, etc. They never know what hit them. A few more puzzles and battles in this immediate area, but easy for the party. A room with a strange book will be next.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Lotan the human level 9 fighter dualed to level 14 druid continuing adventures...

Spellhold, spellhold, spellhold...what to say? Suffice to say, the party is so strong that we rarely even need to cast magic, unless doing something like sunray vs. undead or cloudkill on groups of enemies. Lotan and Joshua in particular just mow down the opposition, though Hanna's sling of seeking and Paja's 3 APR with her shortbow do help as well. I have the party using scripts except Lotan. This way on many fights I only have control Lotan while the party mows the enemies down.

As for Irenicus, we recruited the crazies and battled him - maximum buffs, just in case. Joshua was using Carsomyr, Hanna +2 bullets, Lotan poisoned darts, and Paja arrows of biting. We all were able to hit Irenicus before he got his defenses up, with the result certain. Joshua had True Seeing going of course. Wanev never got to use his time stop. As for the assassins, plague of insects and True Seeing rendered them mostly ineffective, though they got a nice backstab on Hanna.

Against our better judgement, we took Saemon up on his offer. Getting the horn was chid's play for a cleric with Sanctuary. When we got to the ship, Desharik's men had a tough time hitting our front-liners. Then we resumed our trip to Suldanessar but got waylaid by Githyanki. Interestiingly enough, thanks to my party's scripts and Lotan's call lightning x2 and an insect plague, the Githyanki were completely destroyed except for the unkillable Captain. The captain took forever to kill the pirates, so Paja had to fire a cloudkill on the pirates in the way so we could get the scripts going to get out here. Also had to manually talk to Saemon. But eventually the Sahuagin came...

What to say about the Sahuagin...um they are pretty weak. The mass of undead we found was helpless against a level 19 cleric turning undead. We helped the king. The cloak of mirroring went to Joshua, this way he can still use his Holy Avenger vs. Beholders. His cloak of the sewers went to Hanna. This dropped Joshua's AC, so we flipped their helmets (she had helm of balduran). Hanna's AC is -9 so losing the HoB hardly hurt her. We found a +2 cloak of protection here as well, that went to Paja.

When we finally brought the rebel heart to the king got a nice result - 3 people leveled.. Lotan of course did not - he needs 3 million total experience for the next one.

Now as for the Underdark, these enemies are "not" weak. Also, the fact that Lotan can be one-shotted by a mind flayer, and even Joshua in two hits, means this area will by no means be a pushover. Extensive use of both summons and potions of genius will be needed here. The adventures pauses here for the night...

Edited by corey_russell, 02 August 2011 - 06:42 AM.

AnonymousHero

AnonymousHero
  • Members
  • 471 posts
(Sorry about the slow pace -- vacation's over and I've got lots of other stuff going on, so...)

Serena the solo Monk (L24):

So, Serena was about to take on Mencar Pebblecrusher:

To try out her battle plan for the Planar Prison, Serena went to Mekrath's place to test it out against a group of Yuan-ti (similar to those in the Planar Prison) who were lingering around the place. This didn't quite work out as planned. Still, this was the last Yuan-ti mage who was alive, and her MR and saves were enough to get out of the confused state without further damage.

(Meta: I decided that I'd been a little careless, and that the superior speed from Boots of Speed should be enough to avoid spells by running out of range and Hiding in Shadows. I also hadn't used summons to properly "draw out" all the spell casting, so that was another point in favor of feasibility.)

Anyway, Serena went to the Planar Prison. Serena entered while hidden in shadows (and wearing the CoND), and the Bounty Hunter mage started casting True Sight as expected. She immediately ran up to the sweet spot where the Bounty Hunters couldn't see her, decloaked and let the mage's True Sight expire. She hid again, entered the mage's "range" and let him/her/it cast the second True Sight, moving out of range again to let the second True Sight expire.

Since she knew her Improved Invisibility and Mirror Image buffs would now be safe, Serena moved in for the kill. She was a bit fortunate to get the mage before his PfMW triggered -- she should really have used Quivering Palm here. The second most dangerous Bounty Hunter was the cleric, but no matter. Mopping up: the thief, Aawill, etc.

Next up, the group of Yuan-ti. Serena sent Ras into the melee to take the worst of the spells. Afterwards, she used Hide in Shadows and Dragon Fist to pick off the mages one by one. The thrall mage was not a problem either, nor her companion.

Hitherto everything was going according to plan. The next foe would be an aTweaks-modified Master of Thralls -- it can get pretty nasty, so this was a confrontation Serena was dreading. As it turned out she needn't have worried. The Master of Thralls failed his Save vs. Spells (Quivering Palm) and promptly died. The Air elementals were easy pickings.

Serena also went into a couple of the "cells", and killed a group of werewolves and some Efreeti (with the help of the Ring of Fire Resistance and a potion of Fire Resistance). Killing the Efreeti was just enough to level up to level 25. HLA pick: Shadow Stance! This is a long-lasting combination of Imp. Invisibility and SI:Divination... which is of course hugely useful.

She triggered the fight with The Warden, and let all the Yuan-ti away. Shadow Stance and the fact that they couldn't actually hit her at all (immunity to non-magical weapons) made this a lot easier. Once they were out of the way, Serena used her Dragon Fist to strip The Warden of his protections, and he he fell shortly thereafter. (Meta: I was slightly careless here, the Symbol, Stun could have been fatal if she'd been unlucky -- should have chugged a Potion of Free Action.). The stragglers were easily dispatched once he was gone.

Serena also cleared a couple of the other "cells" and destroyed the Control Orb as her final act before leaving the Planar Prison. Whew!

Edited by AnonymousHero, 02 August 2011 - 05:06 PM.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Lotan the human level 9 fighter dualed to level 15 druid adventures continue - Underdark (except Ust Natha)

So the party made it to the Underdark. We freed a mage and helped him with his task of getting loot from other planes. He tried to gyp us, so we ended up fighting him - but he summoned a pit fiend and ran. His pit fiend was no problem for this party.

Speaking of demons, we needed to rescue a gnome village from a demon of their own. For a long time, we've been hanging on to +3 arrows and bullets from Watcher's Keep - now was a good time to use it. We summoned some distractions, made sure to chaotic command everyone and triggered the battle. The Balor apparently never targeted the party and was killed before he could. He liked chewing on our summons.

Next up was the Kua-Toa lair. Summons did most of this area, except for Joshua and Lotan took down the beholders since they are protected by the cloak of mirroring and shield of balduran respectively. Next up were the demon knights - I ROYALLY flubbed this battle - I didn't lose, but well, I accidentally triggered it before I was ready - no summons, no buffs, just fighting au naturelle. Paja died everyone but Lotan got level drained, but nevertheless victory!

Next up was the Beholder Lair. After we took down the initial elder orb and his buddy, and the drow, then Joshua and Lotan duoed the rest of the lair. They did it perfectly. There was a risk of imprisonment, but I figured with Joshua's holy avenger we should be mowing them down fast enough they won't get time to do that, and I was right. We got a nice result here, Joshua finally made it to 3 million experience and picked a Deva.

* Illithid City
I knew this was risky with Lotan's 3 INT, but we need the experience. Most of the party is close to getting HLAs. Also past two runs I have done it successfully. A key decision was to whether to dual wield Lotan or use weapon and shield. I decided it was more important to avoid hits than give hits, also sword and shield style will allow range weapons when appropriate. This decision ended being critical, and is only reason my run is still going. Lotan's AC with drow full plate is -14

To open the first door was straightforward, which allowed the Githyanki to escape. Before opening the next door I should have laid down some traps that would have helped ton. I had summonns but they all died fairly fast. I told everyone to attack and somehow Lotan got in front (he had his melee weapon selected), I had to put him deep behind enemy lines. Joshua and Paja died fast, Hanna was tanking like 4 Illithids. Both Lotan and Hanna tried to get some summons but they were apparently intelligence drained quickly so weren't much help. Hanna died and it was just Lotan vs 3 illithids - is this the end of my run? Incredibly even with 3 illithids barreling down on him, they could not hit him -- Lotan had time to kill them all.. This is the first battle of the game where everyone dies but Lotan. Thanks to rod of resurrection we got everyone back up to speed and pressed further into the lair, necessary to escape.

The next major battle ALSO went badly. Paja was trying to lay some traps this time but was seen (there is no door here). Because everyone but Lotan died, the party except him didn't have stun protection - Joshua tried to use the greenstone amulet but think he got interrupted and got stunned and died quickly again. Hanna gulped a brine potion. Paja got stunned as well so was out of the action (and in fact died during the battle). At one point there were SIX Illithids all trying to pound on Lotan. I had Hanna use her boon of lathander to get more APR. They did get some hits in on Lotan, but he backed off a bit and gulped some potions of intelligence and pressed on. Incredibly, he lived another day. None of my PCs have EVER survived so many illithids on them before.

Finally I learned my lesson and rested to give everyone protection from stuns. Also laid lots of traps, and had summons lead the charge on the Elder Brain led by a Deva protection by chaotic commands. This battle was VERY smooth, got a fantastic result. Lotan leveled to 15 and is now a grand druid and picked elemental summoning for HLA. He also got an incredible amount of spell slots this level - 13!

Couple more battles left but they went smoothly. Finally escaped Illithid's City. Bloody affair but Lotan came through for the party yet again.

Edited by corey_russell, 03 August 2011 - 05:23 AM.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Phew - sounds like an exhilirating escape. Hope you can keep it going.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Grond0 wrote...

Phew - sounds like an exhilirating escape. Hope you can keep it going.

I hope I can keep it going too. I really thought my run was going to be over. But now I know -14 AC appears to make you immune to mind flayer attacks, except for criticals of course.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
The continuing adventures of Lotan the human level 9 fighter dualed to level 17 druid...

* Ust Natha
We "seemed" to accomplish all the tasks set before us by Phaere, though whenever we could do them without harming someone we did. At the end we accepted Soulafein's idea to giver her the false dragon eggs. We booked it out of there fast.

After transporting to the Kua-Toa lair, we walked through a door and lots of enemies here. The battle raged but the party won it cleanly. With our summons assisting we made it to the surface no problem.

The elves said they wanted to us to find their Lynthorn. We agreed. But first we needed to deal with some illithids in some sewers. It went well at first, but last battle was bloody - the party did prevail however.

You'll note Jaheira is in the group. When we went to the docks she shouted from Harper's Hold all the way to the docks entrance - impressive vocal cords. We had pity on her sad story and let her join us. We aren't worried about experience now anyways, as all of us have our key HLAs. That was the primary reason we were 4 man party for so long. Whil we were here we made the Crom Faeyr for Hanna. We also put her in #2 position so she could use it. We had Lotan use the spear of withering.

Next up was the Twisted Rune hideout in the bridge district that uses up all our rogue stones. The twisted run was no match at all. Hanna gained yet another level. I'd be surprised if she just didn't destory the trash vampires when we face Bodhi with her turn undead.

Finally we rested in slums and will move against Bodhi next.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Lotan the human fighter/druid, the adventure climaxes...

Lotan returns the Lynthorn and got an astounding result - all FIVE party members leveled! It gets even better - Hanna was recognized by her god and was given a special ring which gave her an extra 6th and 7th level spells and 5% magic resistance.

With the help of summons, Lotans party destroyed the minions of Irenicus in Suldanessar. Next up was my battle with Nizidramanyiit the dragon. I took this battle a little carelessly, forgot to remove fear first. As such Joshua and Lotan were running in fear the entire fight. However, thanks to summons, call lightning by Jaheira, and several direct damage spells by Hanna, Nizi stll fell though not without killing Hanna first.. In a sort of poetic justice Nizi was slain by Hanna's area effect.

After destroying enemy resistance in the temple and summoning Rillifane, Lotan was given a nice +4 staff. He will use that for now. We finally got to the palace..we know Irenicus is near and he will be next in our sights. (leader's note: Paja has 4 spike traps HLAs - if Irenicus survives the Tree of Life fight then he's a champion)

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Lotan the fighter/druid - final SoA Chapters...

Finally Lotan has tracked down Irenicus and is ready to face him. But first, Paja laid down 4 spike traps and 2 normal snares near Irenicus' feet while Irenicus was playing with the Tree of Life. I put death ward on Lotan just in case and triggered the fight -- as expected it wasn't much of a "fight" at all - Paja killed him before he could cast a single spell.

However, it apparently wasn't over with his death, as Lotan and his party all got dragged to Hell. Lotan did all the good routes. The only challenge worth note is the fear one with all those beholders. Lotan and Joshua charged them since they have the anti-beholder items. Then Paja and Hanna started nuking. Paja fired her 3x fireball spell sequencer that was fun, first time I got to use it this game. Hanna fired off storm of vengeance and a firestorm. This was enough to finish all the beholders.

Next up was Irencus. I really didn't think he would be able to put up much of a challenge. So we put down snares and spike traps all the same, and 5 summons and tiggered the fight. We didn't do much with buffs either. The demons were taken down in about 3-4 rounds. We then chased Irenicus. Breaches and True Seeing were giving him problems, then we summoned a Deva now that the demons are dead and she was putting the beat down on him as well. It was just too much for him and he was defeated.

We then talked to some ancient stones in a secluded forest - or so we thought. An assassin found us. However, true seeing, insect plague by Lotan, and call lightning by Jaheira, plus a Deva wreaking havoc gave the enemies no chance at all and the assassins were thwarted.

Then Lotan got summoned to what he now knows is his pocket plane. We met Sarevok yet again, but Lotan thought he just might be useful We equipped Sarevok with a bunch of junk in our bag of holding, including the Soul Reaver for his weapon. I WAS going to boot Jaheira for Haer'Dalis, but after further thought I decided to keep her after all. For her melee gave her a +4 weapon the spear of withering. We re-arranged the party and now have this tanking order:

Sarevok
Joshua
Lotan
Jaheira
Hanna
Paja

The "boys" will melee and the "girls" will range and cast spells, though clearly Lotan will be casting spells as well when appropriate.

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts
Gabrielle 2 UD1

After successfully completing BG1 (no-reload) Gabrielle managed to get herself abducted into Icky-boys S&M workshop… thanks but no. :wub:

Posted Image

Mods; basic BG2 (GOG) with some SCS2, game adjustments… In my BG1 game Imoen went to level 8 before changing to mage and I gave her the Intel tome (making her 18) also Gabrielle had skeletons as her favourite enemy but that class is not an option in BG2 so I switched her to shadows & the Sarah mod because I flatly refuse to romance Anomen!

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SARAHTOB/SETUP-SARAHTOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sarah NPC Romance Mod for BG2:ToB: 3.1
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2019 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility -> Antimagic spells remain single-target, but affect the target creature whether or not it is invisible (default option): v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Make individual versions of Spell Immunity available, so that players can use them in Contingencies etc.: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Revert Greater Restoration back to only affecting one creature: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Make Minute Meteors into +2 weapons: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Make spell sequencers, spell triggers, and contingencies learnable by all mages: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Add an extra copy of some hard-to-find spell scrolls: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3980 // Allow the Cowled Wizards to detect spellcasting in most indoor, above-ground areas in Athkatla: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Retrieve Dropped Items from Hell: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5020 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6015 // More sensible choices of weapon proficiencies and kits for fighters (also fixes some errors in fighter stats): v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6022 // Potions for NPCs -> Half the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6061 // Smarter genies -> Genies cast spells like normal wizards: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6081 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials cast spells like normal wizards: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6101 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons cast spells like normal wizards: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6108 // Enemy mages (and Elder Orbs) use Simulacrum and Project Image spells (this component will have no effect unless you install Smarter Mages or Smarter Beholders): v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6113 // Smarter beholders -> Don't give beholder rays any chance of burning through spell protections; beholder antimagic removes defences and prevents casting but does not block harmful spells (original game behaviour): v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6120 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids cannot see invisible enemies (matches original game): v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6135 // Smarter githyanki: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6137 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB mages -> All ToB mages who can cast 9th-level spells get HLAs: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6139 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA mages -> All SoA mages who can cast 9th-level spells get HLAs: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6152 // Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6161 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB priests -> All ToB priests who can cast 7th-level spells get HLAs: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6171 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA priests -> All SoA priests who can cast 7th-level spells get HLAs: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6182 // Smarter Priests -> Priests never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6230 // Smarter Abazigal: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6240 // Smarter Gromnir: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6250 // Smarter Melissan: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7020 // More resilient trolls: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7031 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Significantly increased difficulty: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Improved Random Encounters: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved d'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Spirit trolls have the same powers as in the original game: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7075 // Party's items are taken from them in Spellhold -> Normal mode (recommended): v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Prevent resting in the Illithid city: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Upgrade Ust Natha's defences: v19
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7160 // Improved Minor Encounters: v19
edit; ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4065 // Make the ranger stronghold available to all classes: v19

Edited by ussnorway, 05 August 2011 - 01:36 PM.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Good luck USS Norway. Nice to have more company in this thread. : )

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Lotan the human fighter/druid continuing his adventures in Throne of Bhaal:

Lotan and gang get to Saradush, per Sarevok's advice. Pretty much everyone said Gromnir is causing a lot of problems. Sarevok tried to ask the lady in the temple for the key to jail but she told him no. Joshua then asked politely and she said yes. Guess she didn't notice we are all in the same group, so it's pretty much the same thing.

Some guy named Mateo was accussed of being a traitor, but things weren't quite adding up. When we pressed his accuser, Countess Santielle she said that she was blackmailed in doing so by Kaiser. Then Kaiser said he's doing this because Samand the wizard is a traitor. Finally we talk to Samand and he discovers Ardic is at the Kaiser's place. So we crash his joint. We had to kill Kaiser and his few guards, but we did manage to free Ardic. A mage got a time stop in, but she didn't do much but stun 1/2 the party. Problem was the unstunned party members killed her.

We also crashed Gromnir's barracks. These soldiers had some pretty bad equipment, not a magic weapon or armor between the lot of them. They provoked us and so the battle commenced. The melees were doing pretty well but the casters were getting beat up. I don't have ADHW yet, and we needed to rest so didn't have insect plague or storm of vengeance available either. Had lots of summons but couldn't use them or they would go hostile from our cloudkill. See the crazy battle - the party just kept up the pressure and gulped a few heal potions and prevailed.

We yet again had to peek in the sewers - Paja demands a bath when we are done exploring the sewers. Lots of enemies, including lots of shadows. Fortunately a sunray from both Hanna via spell and Paja via Daystar made them less a problem than they could have been. Yaga Shura's men here, while very well equipped, were no match for the party, though we were walking around with lots of summons help. For the few powerful mages we encountered, Joshua just dispelled most of their protections then they didn't last long.

We headed back to the pocket plane and rested a lot to identify everything. Then we came back to Saradush, sold our junk, and broke INTO the jail. Some vampires encountered, a few level drains of the melees, but nothing Hanna couldn't fix up. We finally made it to Gromnir's Castle. But can we talk some sense into him? Sounds doubtful so far...

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Sylvio, an elven beastmaster, has graduated from BG1 no-reload.  He's underway in BG2 and has just completed the dungeon - that got him up to level 9.  He used stealth extensively, but still took quite a bit of damage as a result of the duergar tending to hunt in large packs.  The only real problem, however, was that he decided to rest before taking on the clone and she disappeared during the rest - taking the wand of magic missiles with her.

These are Sylvio's stats:
Posted Image

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts
Gabrielle 2 UD2

Just when I think I’ve seen it all this game surprises me… me precious!

Posted Image

Athkatla;
Once the dungeon dust cleared I sold off the clutter and disbanded the group before accepting Gaelan Bayle's offer (it’s not like I really had a choice) & purchasing some cool glasses from the fence upstairs as well as letting Nalia mark her dad’s estate on my map. Perhaps I overindulged the retail therapy because the 5grand licence fee proved too expensive however I did get a good lead on the location of a (supposed) murderer but before heading off into the wilds I collected Jan to cover any arcane needs… this solo stuff is not my seen.

Posted Image Posted Image

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

ussnorway wrote...

I presume you're talking about the claw of Kazgoroth.  That's one of the list of things that get imported from BG1 if they are in your equipment when you finish.

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts
SOA/TOB/Patch on Linux/Wine. No SOA mods. Ascension and tougher Bhaalspawn.

Back yet again with Krap, CG male dwarven assassin. Solo'd BG (not TotSC), reaching level 9 before trapping and backstabbing Sarevok twice. Forgot the golden pantaloons though.

Str 19
Dex 18
Con 20
Int 12
Wis 11 (2/3 tomes)
Cha 10

* dagger, * quarterstaff, * single weapon style, * two handed weapon style.

I bid farewell to Imoen, Jaheira and Minsc, then take care of a lightning mephit and ogre mage (level 10 reached).

A mist and ice mephit both succumb to a PB (poison backstab), then I switch to a quarterstaff +1 and DUHM PB a pair of lesser clay golems.

Two groups of goblins are next, then DUHM PB for a dust mephit. Some more goblins then a plain backstab for another dust mephit.

A duergar mage casts true sight so I kill him, then retreat. Three snares kill a second duergar, and a backstab scares a third. I track him down and finish the job, then PB Ilyich. He's poisoned, so I hide and add a second PB to kill him too. Two more duergar, two more backstabs.

I have my first inventory crisis so dump various gems and jewelry.

The cambion looks easy, until I realise he can see through the shadows (although I think I still get the THACO bonus with 6 when DUHM active). I poison him and run, returning for a second hit. He hits me too but he's gurgling. I hide and return for a third attack but my poison has already done the job.

I let the sewage golem out, PB an otyugh and fail to hide in a corridor. As I turn to face the otyugh a smoke mephit appears and blinds me. I stumble up some steps, along a corridor and into the shadows. As my blindness clears I backstab the mephit (dead), cast DUHM and fatally backstab the otyugh.

I have another inventory crisis now, so I dump various scrolls.

A trio of goblins are next, then I loot a room. A magical necklace has been trapped so I gulp some blue potions (well it helps the inventory), before talking to a trio of dryads and showing them their acorns. Further on I cannot deal with some traps so I leave them until later.

I use the air elemental statue and stealth to retrieve the sword of chaos (level 11, traps +15%), killing a mist and air mephit on the way out. Back to the bedroom, to remove various traps. No good, until I cast DUHM and my skills improve just enough (from 60% to 75%).

I suffer my third and worst inventory crisis. Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen I NEED you. No reply. This, then, is how I came to rely on Yoshimo. He takes a good look at me and agrees to be my packhorse.
Posted Image

Edited by Gate70, 06 August 2011 - 10:04 AM.

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

Grond0 wrote...

ussnorway wrote...

I presume you're talking about the claw of Kazgoroth.  That's one of the list of things that get imported from BG1 if they are in your equipment when you finish.

There’s a list? With the obvious exception of the randomiser mod I’ve always found the Helm of Balduran in this box.:wub:

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts
Krap, CG male dwarven assassin. Yoshimo is a temporary packhorse.

More duergar, a vampire, fun fun fun.

Yoshimo sets a pair of special snares outside Frennedans room then laughs as I trigger a lightning trap. I lie gurgling as he declares he is free, then my hand starts to crumble away.

(well that was stupid, could probably have detected the trap but had forgotten about it)