Photo

Baldur's Gate 2 No-Reload Challenge

• Please log in to reply
15228 replies to this topic

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Nil Desperandum - dwarf berserker (update 6)

Nil has completed SoA (my first time in only a dozen years or soPosted Image) and is ready to move onto sterner tests in ToB.

As indicated previously I used a walkthrough to decide what benefit I wanted from the Tears (Nil is already evil so not concerned with any alignment change).
Sarevok: evil - +1 strength (received immediately); +2 strength from tear
Greed: evil - +15 to HP
Selfishness: evil - +2 to AC
Fear: evil - +2 constitution
Pride: good - 20% resistance to fire, cold and electricity

Note that the walkthrough says that the selfishness tear gives you +2 to your AC.  This would be a baaaad thing, but I gambled that the description was wrong and it would actually give you a benefit (-2).  This was in fact the case, although the in game text also said +2.  Clicking on the door gave all the above benefits to Nil - I had been a bit concerned as the Greed demon had actually been killed by a summoned pit fiend and not by Nil.  Prior to clicking for the last time Nil had buffed up and summoned his simmy along with a couple of copies of Ras and the berserk warrior.  However, the door buffeted everyone away before combat so the ambush was a bit wasted.

A first GWW killed 3 of the 4 demons before a death spell shredded Nil's summons.  A second GWW got Jon's mislead to near death, but his own simmy disappeared and his rage expired.  Nil continued with a 3rd GWW using Gesen to finish off the mislead and then found the real Jon and put a dispelling arrow into him before following up with acid arrows.  Another mislead appeared during a fourth GWW and Nil started running round to keep away from where Jon appeared to be (based on the moving spell protection) until he could rage again.  A Gaxx haste finished off the mislead, but triggered a PfMW contingency.  Nil tried Gesen again, but to no effect (perhaps because the slayer form is immune to electrical damage?).  By the time the PfMW wore off I decided there was not enough rage left to be safe for melee, so ran round some more until that could be renewed.  With hardiness also freshly applied Nil put up another GWW and engaged again.  Once the FoA slow took effect he switched to Blackrazor to see if the draining ability worked on the Slayer - it didn't appear to and Jon was still clinging on when the GWW ended.  However, Nil simply started another with the FoA and this time there was no escape.
Posted Image

Nil got the experience for level 34 from the demons at the start of that fight, though he didn't actually level up (getting his 8th GWW) until after Jon was dead.

Nil Desperandum, berserker L34, 196 HPs (incl. 5 from Helm), 1,175 kills

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Congratulations Grond0 on your first defeat of SoA no-reload in your single player game! While a berserker is a strong kit, you still have to play it smart to defeat all of SoA solo, great work there - hope you can continue your focus in ToB.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
Congrats Grond0! Now go get Mel!

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts
Sorry to read about the traps Corey. Leaving the edge of that room is best undertaken with stoneskin and mirror images active.

Well done Grond0, keep it up.
(subliminal message; do the 5 tears right to left and activate each tear before getting the next one)

& I almost never use the rod of resurrection to heal ill characters (I made an exception as Quash ran from the beholders, otherwise I think it would have been game over. I don't know if Grond0 noticed his character get healed as he was pretty much instantly back to badly wounded).

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Gate70 wrote...
Sorry to read about the traps Corey. Leaving the edge of that room is best undertaken with stoneskin and mirror images active.

That's the approach I take as well. With a Warrior PC, there is Ilbratha of course.

It may also be worth mentioning that I've gotten in the habit of tightly hugging the wall, working in the counter clockwise direction. I haven't tripped one of those traps since I started doing that.

I almost never use the rod of resurrection to heal ill characters (I made an exception as Quash ran from the beholders, otherwise I think it would have been game over. I don't know if Grond0 noticed his character get healed as he was pretty much instantly back to badly wounded).

I find myself tempted sometimes too. In one of my characters runs (I think it was Ashanti's) I gave in and used the RoR in the Planar Prison. She felt dead to me for awhile after I had done that, but eventually I got over it and enjoyed the rest of her run. I suppose I'm glad I used it that time in a sense since I did enjoy the additional time with her, but had she made it, her run would have had an asterix mark in my mind.

In Azriel's case, I thought of the RoR after she was hit with the Comet, but I decided against it: turning his Coment into a Fireball essentially by letting her full heal just didn't feel right to me. She died of course, but I'm content with that decision: I'm certain I wouldn't have felt good about her run had I used the RoR there.

Anyhoo. It's ultimately a personal choice. Again, I'd encourage others to do whatever feels best to them

Best,

A.

Btw. My own discomfort with in combat use of the Rod of Resurrection started with the original Ascension Solo Challenge when I noticed people repeatedly using it on Balthazar- effectively turning it into an uber-monster spamming wand. My personal nickname for the RoR remains the Wand of Balthazar Summoning.

Edited by Alesia_BH, 22 April 2013 - 10:39 PM.

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts
Glad to hear that Nil's *desperate* run has crossed the Irenicus-In-Hell Rubicon, Grond0! Keep it up - there is no way back. Mel awaits!

Edited by Serg BlackStrider, 22 April 2013 - 05:12 PM.

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts

Alesia_BH wrote...
Btw. My own discomfort with in combat use of the Rod of Resurrection started with the original Ascension Solo Challenge when I noticed people repeatedly using it on Balthazar- effectively turning it into an uber-monster spamming wand. My personal nickname for the RoR remains the Wand of Balthazar Summoning.

I remember countless Ascension battles facing Balthazar & I swear the other 4 were spamming him with the RoR as he refused to die.
:whistle:

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Gate70 wrote...
& I almost never use the rod of resurrection to heal ill characters (I made an exception as Quash ran from the beholders, otherwise I think it would have been game over. I don't know if Grond0 noticed his character get healed as he was pretty much instantly back to badly wounded).

I did notice him get HPs back at one stage, yes, though I didn't think myself he was about to die (though I've been surprised by death quite a few timesPosted Image).  I think he still had something approaching 30 HPs, which would have meant he needed to be hit by at least 3 and probably 4 cause wounds without taking any other action and, at the time you healed him, I think he was already out of sight range (though there were spells following).  Of course, once HPs were restored, he immediately turned back and took more damage in working through the beholders ...

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Serg BlackStrider wrote...

Glad to hear that Nil's *desperate* run has crossed the Irenicus-In-Hell Rubicon, Grond0! Keep it up - there is no way back. Mel awaits!

Note the nil part: Nil as in not- as in "don't despair". His name kind of means "never give up."

That's why it would be super-cool if this run becomes the one where Grond0 finally makes it. 

Best of luck Grond0!

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Gate70 wrote...

I remember countless Ascension battles facing Balthazar & I swear the other 4 were spamming him with the RoR as he refused to die.
:whistle:

Second Wind!

Those words are wonderful when he's on your side. When you're facing him: not so much...

(Can you imagine how awful it would be if Mel did have a 99 charge RoR that she used on Balthazar and the rest?)

(That's one of the reasons I can't bring myself to do it to her.)

Edited by Alesia_BH, 22 April 2013 - 06:06 PM.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Nil Desperandum - dwarf berserker (update 7)

Nil has faced and overcome his initial challenges in ToB without any particular problems.

He rested in a clearing after the exertions of his fight with Irenicus, before talking to a stone head. Nil retreated south as soon as Ilasera appeared and occupied her with Ras / berserker / efreeti, while shooting with Gesen until she was dead.

A short trip to a pocket plane later and Nil handed over a small piece of his restored soul to Sarevok.  In return he opened a barrier before being sent away for good.

Restarting the game again I searched for my game in vain for a minute before realising I now needed to start a ToB game!  Talked to Cespenar to see what he could do - the only option was to upgrade the quiver of plenty.  Then moved on to the pocket plane challenge.  Aran Linvail summoned half a dozen or so groups of monsters so Nil kept moving and used a couple of GWWs with Blackrazor to keep HPs up.  Once all enemies were dead Nil received the pocket plane ability.

Nil arrived in Saradush and I woke up belatedly (only 151 HPs left) to the fact that he was immediately being attacked.  The soldiers received a permanent lesson in who not to attack, before Melissan provided some information about what Nil was facing.  A boy also wanted Nil to resurrect his father and seemed to find it hard to accept that he hadn't got a rod of resurrection in his pack!

I decided I shouldn't consult the walkthrough any more, but visiting some sites and talking to the locals led Nil to the prison, where a few vampires got him to level 35 (hardiness).  He tried using Blackrazor to get strength to 25 to force a locked door open, but without success and moved on into the castle.  He used summons there to soak up some thief attacks.  As usual I was opening containers where possible and was surpised to find Fflar's Scabbard, that I think is used in upgrading Foebane.

The door to the sewers was locked, but the castle upper floors were open.  So, after a rest, Nil went there.  That quickly provided him with L36 (2-handed weapon style; GWW).  In SoA Nil was picking up all the extra-healing potions he came across as a sort of trophy, but there are so many of those in ToB that it seems a bit pointless - he won't bother adding to the 100 or so he's already got.  Here a PfMW contingency saved a battle mage for a moment, but he had neglected to defend against plain old standard arrows.  The fight against Gromnir was broken up by Nil going back down the stairs once - that allowed him to continue avoiding healing potions for now.  On his return upstairs he killed Gromnir with a GWW and then finished off the remaining enemies with a couple more GWWs with plenty of time left on his rage.  While looking at their equipment the game hung - at first I thought it was probably Melissan teleporting in, but the screen stayed frozen so I loaded the autosave.  After killing Gromnir & Co again Melissan did indeed teleport in and send Nil after Yaga-Shura.

Before chasing after him Nil tried the sewers again.  This time he rested until some enemies appeared and then used Blackrazor on them to get strength up to 25 - that successfully blasted the door open.  Nil then explored the sewers a bit at a time to minimise the number of attackers concentrating on him.  There was a reminder here to continue being careful when facing mages who might be armed with maze or imprisonment!  The enemies down there got Nil to L37 (GWW).  Just for the joy of using a sunray Nil let himself be surrounded by shadows here.

Talking to a few boys allowed Nil to track down Lazurus' spellbook and he soon was able to watch while Hectan dashed himself against some magical wards.  Feeling that was enough of Saradush for a while Nil left via the pocket plane. He has just arrived back at Watcher's Keep in search of Foebane.

Nil Desperandum, berserker L37, 205 HPs (incl. 5 from Helm), 1,329 kills

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
@Grond0 - 205 HP?! Lol, you have more HP than Firkraag and that just doesn't seem right, Firkraag has a lot more meat than you! (Firkraag is 180 in vanilla I believe). No wonder most of your opponents have a tough time killing ya. I like that you are thinking about the mages possible maze or imprisonment, that's promising attitude I think. Hope there's a bright future for Nil. Good thing both of those spells are touch spells.

Blind_Visionary

Blind_Visionary
  • Members
  • 462 posts

Grond0 wrote...
Nil has completed SoA (my first time in only a dozen years or soPosted Image

Congratulations!  Seriously, your perserverance is inspiring! I feel like we should have a party or something.

Best of luck on your way to the Throne!

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts
Nil desperandum, inspired by Pratchett books? (e.g. Men at Arms)

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
There have been a few Roman military references in Grond0's prior runs. This would seem to be another.

Edited by Alesia_BH, 22 April 2013 - 11:10 PM.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
I wasn't aware of any specific source for the name (other than my frustration at having just got my kensai killed unnecessarily). As Alesia pointed out earlier it's a reference to never giving up; the use of latin was just to make it sound a bit more interesting.

Edit: I suppose if anything I was taking it from its use as a family motto - googling suggests the Fitzgibbon family.

Edited by Grond0, 23 April 2013 - 04:01 AM.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Gate70/Grond0 Multiplayer attempt 18 - (update 4)
Quash, dwarf barbarian (Grond0) & Berud, dwarf barbarian (Gate70)

A short session last night was enough to confirm that the Eye will remain Unseeing.  The initial progress there was straightforward as Berud's iMoD cut a swathe through the undead advancing on Quash.  A frontal assault on the lich was immediately successful as it was also destroyed.  However, Berud was reminded of his mortality as he hung around in the group of remaining undead too long and took considerable damage before running away from the crowd.

On into beholder territory and more comments from Berud about how cheap the Shield of Balduran is, while Quash tried to split up a group of about 7 gauth and beholders.  Eventually he was successful and they were all killed without Quash getting too near death.  The various single beholders scattered around were easy victims, as (a bit surprisingly) so were the blind priests.  They (and their bears) were not helped by the stinking cloud cast by the efreeti, but I was still surprised they had so much difficulty in hitting us in melee.

Berud was waiting for the Unseeing Eye to appear and sliced it in half as soon as Quash used the rod on it (I thought I had a screenshot of that, but apparently not).  There was just time at the end of the session to return the rod to the temple and go and ensure Gaal would not be starting up any new cults.

Stats
Quash, barbarian L19, 130 HPs (including 5 from Helm), 740 kills
Berud, barbarian L18, 155 HPs (including 14 from ioun stone), 580 kills

Edited by Grond0, 23 April 2013 - 06:03 AM.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
 Ok. My little Bard is ready to join the party here in Amn. Meet Alisa, Half-Elven Jester.
Posted Image

Proficiencies: Quarterstaffs, Shortbows, Darts, Two-Handed Weapon Style

Mods: G3 Fixpack, G3 Tweakpack (Free Action Protects Against Stun only), SCS (full prebuffs, all tactical components except Irenicus and the Sendai/Abazgial Enclave upgrades), Ascension (All)

Personal Item

Alisa's Ring of Last Resort

Alisa received this ring from a lecherous old mage who became enamored with her after her scintillating performance in the 17th Annual Greater Baldur's Gate Region Teen Talent Show. Despite its dubious origins, Alisa has worn the ring for years- taking full advantage of its minor enchantments. 

While the ring has become a part of her, it has one peculiar feature that Alisa has never fully understood. The center gem is a dull blue stone with the words "Push Me!" carelessly scratched into it. Alisa has never pushed the gem, but curiousity will get the best of her someday. It always does.

Alisa has taken to calling the bauble her "Ring of Last Resort"- mostly as a joke. Imoen rolls her eyes whenever Alisa refers to it. Alisa invariably responds with a mischievous giggle. 

Abilities:
+1 Dexterity
10% Pick Pocket Bonus
Wild Surge- 1 Charge (Item Destroyed After Use)

Usable By:
Alisa

Familiar

Jazzy (Tutu Pseudo-Dragon with Rabbit animation)

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts
 Congratulations on BG1 Alesia & good luck in BG2.

Karix, male dwarf kensai.
A scrappy series of movie clips see Karix through BG1. Games of dice are not his strong point;
(think the below is correct)

Starting HP: 10.
Constitution bonus: 8 * 5 = 40.
Rolls: 23hp over 7 levels, averaging about 3.3hp per level out of a possible 10.

Despite this he managed 362 kills before Mae’Var captures him and is soon blending into the underground complex (Irenicus will never get the kobolds off the wall and will have to move) where he has been held and tortured. A radiant mephit drops him to the ground twice but Karix survives to kill it and grab a nearby long sword +1.

A couple of golems and two more mephits later Karix has mildly better experience than usual (level 9, +9hp so 82 max). I didn't realise his rolls were so poor, tempted to stop here and try something else.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Goodluck Gate70 and Alesia in Amn.

@Gate70: Did you carefully compare the HP in BG 1 and SoA? During import, the game often gets the HP wrong and I have to SK the HP to the correct totals, sometimes too much, other times too little. You usually play BGT though right? You wouldn't think that would be a problem then...

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Nil Desperandum - dwarf berserker (update 7)

Nil has defeated another of his main targets and is now preparing for his next pocket plane challenge.

The first task of the day was to defeat the statues at Watcher's Keep.  Arriving there, Nil pushed at the door - and was pushed back.  He pushed harder, but to no avail.  Checking his equipment he realised that the wardstone was still in Athkatla, so it looks like no Foebane (did I mention this is my first proper outing in ToBPosted Image).

Instead he journeyed to the Temple of Mir.  Arriving there he was attacked by some nasty undead.  Being invisible seemed to put off the devil shades, but not the rest.  Nil gulped a potion of speed and ran round a bit before moving out of sight range of the devil shades and summoning the efreeti.  While the others concentrated on it, a GWW with the iMoD killed all but the Master Wraith.  Rather than try and run round in tight conditions until its buffs disappeared Nil switched to Gesen and 2 more GWWs killed it before he switched back to the iMoD for the devil shades.

Invisible again, Nil went into the temple, but a skeleton cleric soon cast true seeing.  At least he was already out of sight range of most of the bad guys and only a skeleton mage followed him.  When that eventually ran out of casting magic missiles while invisible Nil raged and finished it (level 38 - GWW).  By this time true seeing had stopped, but Nil still waited for a fresh rage, then used improved invisibility and mirror image and hit the undead with further iMoD attacks.  He wasted a GWW trying to hit the skeleton cleric (he looked close enough, but the invisible skeleton assassin was obviously deemed to be in the way). However, once the assassin had backstabbed a mirror, it and the skeleton cleric were victims of another GWW.

After a pocket plane rest Nil returned and spoke to Nyalee, who seemed rather heartless in her attitude to her adopted son.  Following her advice Nil journeyed to the Marching Mountains.  There he soon ran into fire giants, but using Roranach's Helm and the Girdle of Bluntness seemed to make them pretty harmless (at least in small numbers; I also noted that the giants were subject to Blackrazor draining).  There were also burning men (but their damage seemed to be turned aside by the Cloak of Mirroring) and a group led by Chinchilla (who might be tough in the world of rodents, but was no match for Nil).  He thus made pretty easy progress to Yaga-Shura's lair.

He initially came inside invisible and checked to see if the guards could be taken one-by-one, but they were too smart for that.  Nil therefore ran back outside and buffed before coming back in.  He used 6 Blackrazor GWWs in melee to kill the initial group of giants, getting up to level 39 in the process (GWW).  While exploring the area Nil was drained by a trap, so used a scroll of restoration and rested before returning.  Exploring further up the left side (now keeping rage up while moving), Nil opened a chest containing lots of fire trolls and salamanders.  Fighting those on some narrow stairs made them simple and using a hammer from the container soon gave access to another area. Investigating that, Nil triggered a new horde of enemies.  Noting some of them were moving extremely fast he immediately ran away outside and rebuffed before returning to kill them.

Starting up the right side I noted that Nil had been drained again at some pointPosted Image.  With only 1 restoration scroll left he took a quick trip to Watcher's Keep to buy some more before returning.  Once back he GWW'd another group of fire giants (L40 - GWW).  After quickly flicking through a book he'd found Nil pulled Gesen and some ordinary arrows out of his bags and shot a magic golem.  Using a skull wardstone opened up another area; Nil had already buffed for this and just led the attackers back to some narrow stairs before chewing through them.

Down to his last couple of GWWs, Nil rested before returning and trying to activate the central altar.  He had buffed up for that, but all it did was remove a barrier that Nil had not even noticed yet at the top of the temple.  Moving on up, Nil killed a couple of guards and investigated the area.  He would have found it simple to kill all the fire giants in melee anyway, but some character types might like to note that the giants don't appear to be able to stoop to get through the gap into the end bit of the temple!  After killing Berenn with Gesen a bit more exploring located Yaga-Shura's heart.  Nil then spoke to a slave woman and was told to look under the giant's bed - I presume this was the location of the container with another heart.  A bit more exploring and Nil ignored the damage to himself as he drove through Imix's fire shield to kill him.

After returning the hearts to Nyalee she had second thoughts about killing Yaga and turned hostile.  After retreating to put on hardiness and rage Nil ensured Nyalee won't change her mind again before finishing off the rest of the opposition.  I found it rather surprising in doing that to find that Blackrazor healing works on shambling mounds.

Nil approached the siege camp invisibly and used hardiness, mirror image and rage before engaging Yaga-Shura.  A GWW made him run, but Nil just had time to kill one of his soldiers before Yaga was back with some friends.  Ignoring them, Nil went straight for the giant and one and a bit GWW with the FoA finished him off.  He was just turning to engage one of the officers when the Solar summoned him back to the pocket plane to tell him a bit more about his origins.

Nil Desperandum, berserker L40, 214 HPs
(incl. 5 from Helm), 1,431 kills

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
@Grond0 - looking good there. For those undead, sunrays work well, either from the Helm of Brilliance (Ribald's special wares) or Daystar. If you use ilbratha first, you would be more likely to get those sunrays off. A simple protection from undead scroll works well too, and that's what my solo characters usually do for those undead.

Grond0, since you are moving so fast, just note if you haven't memorized this already, you need +4 weapons/ammo to hit Ravager/Melissan - one of my runs I failed at Ravager because I didn't notice some of my party members not using +4 weapons...

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts
& if you have the Wave halberd I believe Imix is allergic to it :)

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Grond0 wrote...
Nil has defeated another of his main targets and is now preparing for his next pocket plane challenge.

:)

Checking his equipment he realised that the wardstone was still in Athkatla, so it looks like no Foebane

:( 

(Although, on second thought, getting locked out of Watcher's could be a blessing in disguise: At least Nil won't be tempted to get himself killed in there...)

Nil approached the siege camp invisibly and used hardiness, mirror image and rage before engaging Yaga-Shura.  A GWW made him run, but Nil just had time to kill one of his soldiers before Yaga was back with some friends.  Ignoring them, Nil went straight for the giant and one and a bit GWW with the FoA finished him off

Three cheers for NIl! 

(This run is looking more and more like a winner. Nil's measuredly cautious but suitably aggressive tactics are an encouraging sign. Keep it up!)

Best,

A.

Edited by Alesia_BH, 23 April 2013 - 07:57 PM.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
 Alisa, Half-Elven Jester: Out of the Chateau, Into the Slums

Alisa's earliest hours in Amn were a touch on the awkward side- mostly because I neglected to setup her spellbook for BG2 prior to exporting her. Fortunately, Alisa overcame my oversight and is now settling into her new surroundings.

The Chateau

Alisa awoke in the Chateau with a few Magic Missles and Invisibilities memorized. She was grateful to have any spells at all folowing her battle with Sarevok, but she was none-to-pleased to see that Strength, Malison, Minor Sequencer, and Polymorph Self hadn't been learned when she had the opportunity back in The Gate. Being the sunny-spirited happy-go-lucky half-elf that she is, this didn't dampen her spirits, but she did light-heartedly taunt me for my foolishness before noting that she can get by on a song. And that she did.

Invisibility->Jester's Song
Posted Image

Moving on, Alisa tried nudging a mephit into picking a fight with the Sewer Golem. The Golem was stoic, however- almost as if made of stone.
Posted Image

Ultimately Alisa had to use her Magic MIssles here.
Posted Image

Some poor use of the Jester's Song on my part led Alisa into a bit of a mess. One of the Duergars had danced into the call for help range of a second group- drawing them into the Sewage Golem area while Alisa was unbuffed and plum out of spells- including, most notably, invisiblity. She recovered by pied-piping the Duergars out of the Sewage Golem room- allowing her to rest and then re-cast Invisibility following conversation with the Golem.
Posted Image

Alisa's song was then used to clear the passage way enroute to Jon-Jon's room.
Posted Image

A Vampiric Touch cast brought Alisa's hitpoint total out of the danger zone before setting off the traps in Ellesime's room.
Posted Image

Even better, her Mirror Images foiled the traps altogether- leaving her free to move on to the portals. Where -with a scroll summoned Worg running distraction, she broke invisibility and then took down the portals in safety protected by a MGoI.
Posted Image

A quick scamper to the RoP was then followed by an Invisibility cast and a hop skip to freedom. Alisa was over-joyed by the sight of the sun (and almost as pleased by the sight of Strength and Polymorph Self scrolls soon after).

The Circus

Alisa loves a good circus. And while there were no Amazing Oopahs under the big tent in Athkatla, she found enough to amuse her.  

Prior to entering the tent, Alisa memorized Chill Touch and Magic Missles at L1; Mirror Image, Blur, Strength, and Invisibility at L2; Vampiric Touch, Haste, and Ghost Armor at L3, and finally Polymorph Self at L4.

Against the peasants, Alisa went with Chill Touch, Strength, Mirror Image, Ghost Armor, Haste,  and DuHM.
Posted Image

She finished with a VT in preparation for a stint in spider form against Kalah.
Posted Image

Here she is in spider post VT and a second DuHM cast. Note how lovely her HP max is despite her meager spider form constitution.
Posted Image

No surprises in the Kalah fight. Except for Kalah that is: nothing in his contract said anything about a buffed and poisonous Sword Spider.
Posted Image

Collecting the loot from Kalah -and a few unfortunatey Shadow Thieves- financed one last shopping trip at the Promenade before heading to the Slums.
Posted Image

I'll cover the Slaver Quest in Alisa's next post.

Best,

A.

Edited by Alesia_BH, 23 April 2013 - 09:25 PM.