Photo

Baldur's Gate 2 No-Reload Challenge

• Please log in to reply
15228 replies to this topic

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts
@Alesia, interesting what you say about UCONN's coach. Had never heard of him. I'm a soccer-man (or football as it's called in Europe). There are coashes there who are a bit like Geno Auriemma.
As to Semaj's Cloak, it Blurs the wearer (as per the spell) and gives 10% MR. A really good item really, that comes with BGT. The only downsides are the visual Blur effect (which actually put Glorydd into trouble as you can read below) and the fact that it's only usable by Human, Elven or Half-Elven non-lawful priests and wizards (including dual/multi though). Glorydd has only recently begun to use it.

Saving Narlen is difficult for a solo character. He's very vulnerable.

Glorydd, Dwarven Fighter/Thief, 8th update

Glorydd didn't take long in finding Valygar. It turned out he had a cabin near Imnesvale. The Ranger explained to her that he was the last living relative of Lavok Corthala, owner of the Planar Sphere, a bizarre structure in the Slums District. His body was literally the only key to enter the Sphere, which was why the Cowled ones were after him. Glorydd had no love for the Cowled Wizards - although she remembered their convincing intervention when she'd had to deal with a powerful demon in the Bridge District - and Valygar's story did little to change her views. The two traveled back to Athkatla to enter the Sphere, to confront Lavok (apparently an evil Necromancer), and to make the Sphere useless for interplanar travel before the Cowled Wizards would claim it for themselves.

Ever the loner, she made Valygar wait for her at the entrance, and went exploring the Sphere. She didn't like the place. It made her think of Irenicus' dungeon, with guardian Golems, strange apparatuses, innocent captives namely Knights of Solamnia from another plane, and slaves, in the form of highly aggressive, cannibalistic Wild Halflings. Glorydd had no choice but to defend herself. She relied on Carsomyr for dispels (because some of the Halflings proved to be highly intelligent spellcasters), and on her Flails for damage. She battered Iron Golems and Juggernaut Golems, and with a non-hostile Guardian Golem, she downed an Elder Orb. [Note that Glorydd merely finished the creature; the Golem had already brought it to Near Death status.]
She found Lavok in a navigator room. He wasn't happy to see her, but he didn't take long in changing his attitude. He had a string of protections: Shield, Fireshield Red, Globe of Invulnerability, Spell Turning, Stone Skin, PfCold, Spell Shield. These were all great protections if Glorydd had been a wizard like him, or if she hadn't wielded Carsomyr. As it was however, she got rid of his buffs in a single strike with Carsomyr. A Chain Contingency with Improved Mantle, SI: Abjuration and ADHW did nothing that Carsomyr couldn't fix. The only damage Glorydd took was from the hitting the Fireshield.

Lavok saw reason, and begged Glorydd to show him the open sky of Athkatla. For that to happen, she had to slay a demon - apparently the sphere had traveled to one of the lower planes - and throw its heart into an engine. As she went to take a look at the engine room, she found Tolgerias, the Cowled Wizard that had commissioned Glorydd to find Valygar, accompanied by an adherent. She had no idea how Tolgerias had entered the Sphere. What she did know, was that he wasn't there to make conversation with the Dwarf.
Like Lavok, Tolgerias saw all his initial instantly cast buffs dispelled by Carsomyr. The difference with Lavok was that Tolgerias knew what was needed to stall Glorydd: PfMW. In the time he had thus bought himself, Tolgerias further buffed, and faster than Chiktikka Fastpaws he summoned Mordenkainen's Swords and, somehow simultaneously, two Glabrezus, Glorydd noticed from a distance. Glorydd switched to her Sword of Arvoreen just in case a sudden decline in health would make her vulnerable to their PW: Stuns. The Fiends teleported toward her, and soon she saw herself surrounded by the Glabrezus, Tolgerias and a bunch of Skeletons that the other Mage had summoned. When Tolgerias refreshed his PfMW and subsequently Wished for himself and his allies to become impervious to injury, Glorydd knew it was time for her to excuse herself for a moment. As she returned it was much less crowded; the Fiends had departed. She stripped Tolgerias' assistant of her protections, and slew her shortly after that. At that moment Tolgerias was in the process of casting what would prove to be a Time Stop, but an invisibility potion made Glorydd vanish before her foe was done casting. It made him idle his time away. She waited for a while after the Time Stop had expired, slew a Skeleton that was in her way, did a Carsomyr-dispel on Tolgerias, and finished him off with her Flails without allowing him to cast anymore spells.

Behind the area where she had run into Tolgerias, were an ice room and a fire room. In the latter room she ran into trouble. She thought herself hidden as she entered it (Semaj's Cloak didn't help there), visible only to a pair of Hell Hounds, but the collective attack of all the room's inhabitants made it clear to her that she hadn't been hidden at all. She had to leave the room, blinded and badly injured due to fire damage. A Rod of Resurrection Heal, followed by fire protection potions (and ring) enabled her to deal with respectable foes such as a Salamander Noble, and - with a Whirlwind Attack - a Noble Efreeti. She had no problems with the creatures from the Ice room. In the Power Core she struck down a number of Golems before she left the Sphere in search of a demon heart.

She didn't have to look around for long. In fact, after she had killed a number of Imps and Quasits, she ran into two Fiends at pretty much the same time, a Nabassu and a Marilith. Two demons at the same time was a bit more than Glorydd had bargained for. The Marilith hit hard and fast, so Glorydd chose to run and heal and try to get in the occasional hit. (Again, the Sword of Arvoreen was equipped, because with the damage she took and the running around, she feared she might catch the attention of more Fiends, such as PW: Stunning Glabrezus.)
Gaxx-Hasted, she managed to slay the Marilith with her flails. It made things a lot easier for Glorydd. The Nabassu followed not much later. And indeed there was a Glabrezu for Glorydd to slay as well. Glorydd threw one of the demon hearts into the power core, and left the Sphere with Lavok. Valygar rewarded Glorydd for her good deeds with a nice suit of armor, a family piece. 

In a home near the Sphere the Dwarf retrieved a ring from Talassan thieves for the Temple of Lathander. She delivered it at the temple, and then decided to pay Aran Linvail a visit to see if he had made any progress with his preparations for Gloydd's journey to Spellhold. Much to her satisfaction (and relief), he had. A ship and a captain were waiting for her, ready to depart. Glorydd told the men to wait for her to settle some unifinished business that she said would not take long.

• Alesia_BH, Serg BlackStrider, Blind_Visionary and 1 other like this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

I'm glad you decided to avenge Darthus, rather than opt out of the encounter.

It was badly played before, nothing else. Never underestimate 4 drow wizards' ability to kill you, regardless of how mighty you feel. :)

You might consider uninstalling it, but I have the impression you like that component too much :)

Whaaat!? Blasphemy! :D  While I'm not overly endorsed in the idea "let's make BG2 a PnP accurate game", I do feel as if demons should be really dangerous.

As to your current run Aasim, I'm impressed with the effectiveness of Remove Magic. I know it's a great spell, but I didn't expect it to be so useful in a party of five (with a Mage rather than a Bard casting it), even with the amulet that adds two spell levels.

It doesn't matter who casts Remove magic, all classes share the same XP table on my install (it's capped at level 31-32, and I don't think it's really possible to reach it with full party). 

It took Edwin a long time (he couldn't dispel a Yuan-ti mage in Unseeing Eye quest even after 3 castings for example) to get to the point where he fairly reliably dispels the opossition. Note that unless you use ToBex/Taimon's exe hack or Spell Revisions Remove magic  will *never* work if your oponnent is higher level than you (that's a vanilla game bug).

His amulet doesn't make his Remove chances any better, it "only" ( :P ) grants him two spell slots at each level. He wears a robe

Spoiler
which grants him +2 to caster level - this makes his chances 10% better than what they are.

• Blackraven likes this

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts

Those frost giants look cool!

Whoever did the mod copied them from Icewind Dale.

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Phoe Gyi, 17th BG2 update

Mind Flayer city is done. We had some minor bumps (Edwin getting brain eaten) 

248_zps6ah7e17b.jpg

but some careful playing got us through it. Fwiw, I feel as Questpack mod makes harsher Flayers than SCS. 

249_zpsnhuss1ut.jpg

One of my favourite spells at cleric level 6 slots is Wondrous Recall. That's so convinent to have at times. :) Edwin - ready!

250_zpszg4mghye.jpg

This is the point where Phoe Gyi had INT drained to 2. Run back, switch to knife tossing, done.

251_zpsb7wifysx.jpg

I had mages take Brain's mean dispel (this always succeeds) and rush back...

252_zpsfhrxitoy.jpg

...to the kill-zone.

253_zpsvjnu7ajd.jpg

We exited the Underdark after that. I should actually go back here  - to free that Imprisoned mage. 

254_zpsyfhzdby4.jpg

Next is Kruin and Bodhi after that.

• Blind_Visionary and Blackraven like this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Phe Gyi, 18th BG2 update

Kruin is killed. I don't really need his sword piece now, but for Sarevok this is something he would love to be using. We expended our one-time warning from Cowled Wizards here. Remove+Chaos+ADHWx2.

255_zpsg4hpufvc.jpg

256_zpsistyuptx.jpg

Now, Bodhi. This was kind of stupid. I completely forgot about the mage there, which almost cost Jan his life when he got ADHWed. Phoe Gyi was level 17 at the time, without a +3 fist. Tanova seemed to be immune to anything lower than that, so Equilizer was used.

257_zpshtnmhgwc.jpg

258_zpsfzq7bqde.jpg

While Jan didn't die, Edwin got hit by a sequencered 3xFlame Arrow, dying almost instantly.

259_zpsycga6glf.jpg

260_zpsrke0k0n9.jpg

Now, why I say all this was stupid? Because I don't use SCS Vamps. This makes Bodhi less formidable than Tanova. She could be struck by +2. She could barely move with Holy Water being used. I don't even know (or care) if she could see through Phoe Gyi's Imp.Invisibility. Not even Hareishans spawned, nothing. I think Edwin could kill her with his staff alone.

I'll have to to something about her, but my hate for SCS Vamps is immense.

261_zpsvenamare.jpg

Jan did her.

262_zpspzkcsxj9.jpg

Upon using the stake on her, Phoe Gyi got over the 3000000EXP mark and got his level 18, +3 fists and HLAs. Since I use Refinements, Monk HLA table is completely unique. They don't share a single ability with other classes - apart Evasion and G.Evasion. Anyhow, he picked Diamond Soul  - this makes him forever immune to Disintegration and Petrification effects.

263_zpsrrl8vqcl.jpg

I ended the session by doing some shopping/Cromwell forging and returning the Lanthorn (Edwin just hit level 17, and I need him at 18th asap - I'll probably have to return to WK briefly to get it however).

264_zpsvrle39xx.jpg

Next should be some unfinished stuff in Alkathla - Slavers Compound, Liches, Dragons. 

• Blind_Visionary and Blackraven like this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
The Arcane Army (update 1)

After magicking their way through the Sword Coast the Army are on the march in Amn.  I had enough time before work to quickly take them through the dungeon with no problems.  Anything potentially dangerous was attacked from invisibility, while traps were foiled by mirrors, MGoI and LMD.  Skull traps from out of sight in the elemental plane finally got Nutmeg over the level 9 XP line and all the Army levelled up there.  It wasn't necessary, but Parsley couldn't resist playing once with the cloudkill she learned long ago in the Cloudkill Peaks.  With so many magic missiles available it was simple for the Army to pick their moment to make sure Ulvaryl wouldn't escape.

Incidentally, I don't think I ever responded to a question a while ago about what this portal is - it's just an alternative transport to the second dungeon level.

The Army rapidly sorted out the circus - this screenshot is pretty unusual in showing Kalah's death - the game transitions very rapidly once he's dead, so even double-tapping the pause button it's rare playing at 60 fps for me to catch the text before it disappears.  They've just bought some spells - only 1 of 3 stoneskins learned, but they all now know MMM.  They'll be off to Gaelan Bayle shortly.

As with BG1 the Army won't be making use of any potions (or other items for healing) and I would expect very little use of any other magic items.

Stats (cont. from BG1):
Rosemary, mage 9, 42 HPs, 2 deaths, 295 kills
Parsley, mage 9, 48 HPs, 0 deaths, 242 kills
Thyme, mage 9, 45 HPs, 1 death, 204 kills
Sage (PC), mage 9, 55 HPs (incl. 12 from cat), 163 kills
Nutmeg, mage 9, 40 HPs, 1 death, 168 kills
Pepper, mage 9, 39 HPs, 0 deaths, 185 kills

• corey_russell, Blind_Visionary and Blackraven like this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

GL in Amn Grond0. Don't ****** off Cowled Wizards. At least now while you're having conversations. :D

Phoe Gyi, 19th BG2 update

I decided to ramp up Temple Sewers unfinished business first. Lich there was first. Edwin attacked him solo, under a stupendous ammount of buffs. Lich opened with TS-Alacrity-Planetar combo. A Cornugon was summoned as well.

265_zps1qcabxcu.jpg

Then came the part when Edwin and Lich are debuffing each other. Edwin now memorises Pierce Shield spells. This spell with SR removes one spell and one combat protection of any level, and it affects Liches. After being struck by it Lich refreshes PfMW, but another casting caught him while he was casting a spell. Here I used Phoe Gyi's Slow Time ability (this is not a HLA, it's gained at level 17). It works like Time Stop, but only lasts a round, usable 1xday.

266_zpsfm7ap7xd.jpg

And that was enough to kill the unprotected Lich.

267_zpsdybqc5cb.jpg

Now, Alhoon. I won't forge Crom, but I need XP to get Edwin to level 18. Phoe Gyi got dispelled here, but his saves are mostly at 0 - for as long as he doesn't get malisoned, he won't be held by Psionic Blast. We focused the summoned demon first, then Alhoon failed to save vs DK's Fear aura and started running in fear, enough for Edwin to debuff him completely.

268_zpsyh8zt2pe.jpg

269_zpskw9g32au.jpg

In upper temple levels - Slavers. Sion attampted some Divination (btw - this is outright cheating on SCS part. He's a Conjurer, and shouldn't have divinations), thwarted. Still he saved vs Quivering Palm, and triggered his buffs. I didn't specifically rewrite Edwin's spellbook, so he's still filled with spell removals, and lacks some proper AoE like Chain Lightning or ADHW. He does have Chaos, which both him and Jan use. Viconia launches Greater Command, and Jaheira Creeping doom.

271_zpsgyus6l18.jpg

Koshi charged Phoe Gyi, who was glad to meet him with his fist. First casualty, as usual.

272_zpsgvql3mm5.jpg

First we kill Olaf and the other big guy. Under Creeping doom, they suffer severe penalties to AC/THAC0, in addition to taking damage and getting occasinally poisoned. Meanwhile, Edwin and Jan debuff Sion and Jaheira kills him. Viconia is casting both Detect Invisibility and True Seeing to keep Ketta visible.

273_zpsntcc35d4.jpg

274_zpsfw0ojigs.jpg

Now, back to Underdark, to get Vithal out. This was, to my surprise since I don't usually do this quest, quite an effort. The Guardians are severely beefed up. Earth has unlimited Stoneskins a la Ogremoch, and had 3 Shamling Mounds. I used Chaotic Commands on Phoe Gyi here to prevent knockdown effect.

275_zps7scoe4l5.jpg

Fire was nothing special (burned Edwin with Flamestrike), and Air was very annoying with Wing Buffet kind of ability. Edwin almost died here, but managed to release magic missiles just in time to kill it.

276_zps052k4l2w.jpg

We asked Vithal for more loot, and then left him be. Too many times I've read about him ending No-Reloads. I should probably be visiting WK level 2 now. Good thing is we finally managed to get some proper money - most of which was invested in buying Edwin Spell Trigger scroll. Now he has both it and Chain, albeit Chain he cannot cast since he's still at level 17. Phoe and Jaheira are 18.

• Blind_Visionary likes this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

As I sidenote; Jaheira's romance is and will take a very long time to reach a conclussion. Would you people be ok with me rushing it a bit via CLUAConsole?

I really don't feel as resting constantly until next even triggers. :(

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Good luck, Grond0!

Best,

A.

They've just bought some spells - only 1 of 3 stoneskins learned, but they all now know MMM.

MMM is a wonderful spell for an all arcane crew.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Nice work once again, Aasim!

Pierce Shield This spell with SR removes one spell and one combat protection of any level, and it affects Liches.

Under Creeping doom, they suffer severe penalties to AC/THAC0, in addition to taking damage and getting occasinally poisoned.

Can you provide a link to all the SR changes like the earlier link to the IR changes?

Even better, if it isn't too much trouble, could you put links to the IR, SR, and KR changes in your signature so anyone reading your posts can quickly refer to them?

Best,

A.

Btw. Advancing the Jaheira dialogues seems find to me.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

As I sidenote; Jaheira's romance is and will take a very long time to reach a conclussion. Would you people be ok with me rushing it a bit via CLUAConsole?

I really don't feel as resting constantly until next even triggers. :(

People use SK and the console for various reasons - as long you told us what you did, you could do so. I assume you want to rush it for the Harper Pin.

• Alesia_BH and Blackraven like this

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Whoever did the mod copied them from Icewind Dale.

Noted.

I'll have to try Icewind Dale someday.

Best,

A.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Now, why I say all this was stupid? Because I don't use SCS Vamps. This makes Bodhi less formidable than Tanova. She could be struck by +2. She could barely move with Holy Water being used. I don't even know (or care) if she could see through Phoe Gyi's Imp.Invisibility. Not even Hareishans spawned, nothing. I think Edwin could kill her with his staff alone. I'll have to to something about her, but my hate for SCS Vamps is immense.

Can't you install Improved Bodhi (Tactics/SCS Hybrid or straight Tactics) without the Improved Vampires component?

Btw. I sympathize with you on the later SCS vamps. That's one of the reasons I use an older version of SCS (though the biggest reason is that I can never get the newer versions to work correctly on my funky OS X Cider port install).

I liked the version of Improved Vamps which introduced Cloud of Bats and Ancient and Elders with high regen rates. They were improved, but not so improved as to make Protection from Undead an irresistible deal.

• Blackraven likes this

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts
@Aasim, very nice job with the Lich!
@Alesia_BH thanks for confirming that Avoid Death is breachable.

Glorydd, Dwarven Fighter/Thief, 9th update

The Dwarf's unfinished business she wanted to attend to was her promise to the Helmites to deal with the Unseeing Eye cult. From the area where she had met with Gaal and where ex-cultist Sassar had encouraged her to assemble the control rod, Glorydd entered the old tunnels. They were inhabited by Yuan-Ti, including a Nabassu summoning Mage, but they were no match for Glorydd. Neither were the Mummies and Ghasts that roamed about.
But what was most striking was the ease with which she dealt with a group of three Beholders and two Gauths. The creatures barraged her with their rays, but none of them affected the Dwarf. She needed no summons, healing or hit and fade tactics. She simply beat them down one after the other.
The reasons for her success were 100 Magic Damage Resistance (Belt of Inertial Barrier + Corthala armor, upgraded by Cromwell), her 95 Electricity Resistance (Boots of Grounding + Helmet of Defense + Dragon Scale Shield), and her excellent Dwarven saves.

Glorydd met a spectre, which later proved to be a fading avatar of the extinct deity Amaunator, from whom she received one half of the control rod. The other half she would have to obtain in a Beholder lair below the sewers. To get there she needed to battle her way past undead creatures (Mummies and Ghasts). [Note Blackraven: no visit was paid to Ghoul Town.] In the Beholder lair, Glorydd's dealings with the Eye Tyrants went just like they had in the old tunnels. She simply had nothing to fear from the creatures.
The Dwarf didn't take long in finding the second half of the control rod. The two parts magically assembled, allowing Glorydd to use the rod against the Unseeing Eye once it showed up. The rod injured the creature but did not kill it. Glorydd was too slow in her follow-up attacks to prevent the Unseeing Eye from summoning two Death Tyrants. With two (Greater) Whirlwinds she demolished first the Unseeing Eye, and then the Death Tyrants

Glorydd left the control rod with the Amanautor avatar, reported to the Helmites for a generous reward, sent the Knights of Solamnia home with the help of a Mage she had contacted via Ribald Barterman, and then returned to Aran Linvail. The latter introduced her to Captain Saemon Havarian. 

With Havarian and a guild colleague named Sime she set sail to Spellhold. The journey was uneventful in terms of the weather conditions and pirates, but still dizzying to Glorydd. She was glad to arrive, but her humor changed when Havarian proved a betrayer. Three Vampires had traveled with them, and attacked the Dwarf when she got off the ship. As soon as they got a taste of Glorydd's flails the Vampires fled into a brothel. The Dwarf decided to seek them out there later. But she decided first to go looking for a tavern or inn to get some rest and an ale.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

But what was most striking was the ease with which she dealt with a group of three Beholders and two Gauths. The creatures barraged her with their rays, but none of them affected the Dwarf. She needed no summons, healing or hit and fade tactics. She simply beat them down one after the other.
The reasons for her success were 100 Magic Damage Resistance (Belt of Inertial Barrier + Corthala armor, upgraded by Cromwell), her 95 Electricity Resistance (Boots of Grounding + Helmet of Defense + Dragon Scale Shield), and her excellent Dwarven saves.

NIce work!

What are the stats on the upgraded Corthala Family Armor? Which mod permits the upgrades?

Best,

A.

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

People use SK and the console for various reasons - as long you told us what you did, you could do so. I assume you want to rush it for the Harper Pin.

Yes.

Nice work once again, Aasim!

Thank you.

Can you provide a link to all the SR changes like the earlier link to the IR changes?

Even better, if it isn't too much trouble, could you put links to the IR, SR, and KR changes in your signature so anyone reading your posts can quickly refer to them?

Yes.

And yes. :)

Damn, I'm affirmative these days.

Can't you install Improved Bodhi (Tactics/SCS Hybrid or straight Tactics) without the Improved Vampires component?

Btw. I sympathize with you on the later SCS vamps. That's one of the reasons I use an older version of SCS (though the biggest reason is that I can never get the newer versions to work correctly on my funky OS X Cider port install).

I liked the version of Improved Vamps which introduced Cloud of Bats and Ancient and Elders with high regen rates. They were improved enough, but not so improved as to make Protection from Undead an irresistible deal.

I can't, :( Bodhi requires vamps to be installed.  Pro Undead works differently on my install (it's 10 turn level drain immunity, +2AC/saves vs Undead), so I can't really rely on it. I don't mind shapeshifts, I don't mind rats, bats or whatever. What I do mind (a lot) is Constitution drain. While this is annoying per se, the worst thing about it is that it lasts 5 turns. Vamps come in batches. What happens is you get hit, loose CON. Get drained several times, you're dead. This forces the kind of gameplay I hate to the very core - fight 3-4 vamps, rest in their lair, rinse, repeat. I can't stand it. :(

P.S. 

I've noticed you were interested in WK Demon aTweaks battles. While I can't promise Phoe to live enough fight them, here's a brief summary. :D 

• Blackraven likes this

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

NIce work!

What are the stats on the upgraded Corthala Family Armor? Which mod permits the upgrades?

Best,

A.

Thanks! (I wouldn't hve been so confident if wasn't for your tips.)

The armor's specifications:
- AC 0 (but counts as chain mail, so is actually worse than Shadow Dragon scale due to modifiers),

- Immune to Charm

- Non-Detection

- 50% resistance to Fire, Acid, and Magic Damage

It cost Glorydd 10,000 GP + the Shadow Dragon armor + a green scroll of PfMagic. It's part of Item Upgrades.

• Alesia_BH likes this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

A lot of years ago I played Ascension/Tactics. Solo, with a dwarven fighter-thief. This was his armor of choice in Ascension. Still took a lot of reloading, iirc I even set the diffiulty to easiest to get through it. :(

• Blackraven likes this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

GL in Amn Grond0. Don't ****** off Cowled Wizards. 

Oh I think there's a good chance that they will be severely ****** off :D (at least it will either be them or me).

• Blind_Visionary likes this

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Thanks for adding the links to your signature, Aasim. I appreciate it and I'm guessing others will find it helpful as well.

And please do continue to mention particularly significant changes in your posts. It helps us follow the adventure.

I can't, :( Bodhi requires vamps to be installed.  Pro Undead works differently on my install (it's 10 turn level drain immunity, +2AC/saves vs Undead), so I can't really rely on it. I don't mind shapeshifts, I don't mind rats, bats or whatever. What I do mind (a lot) is Constitution drain. While this is annoying per se, the worst thing about it is that it lasts 5 turns. Vamps come in batches. What happens is you get hit, loose CON. Get drained several times, you're dead. This forces the kind of gameplay I hate to the very core - fight 3-4 vamps, rest in their lair, rinse, repeat. I can't stand it. :(

Noted.

P.S. I've noticed you were interested in WK Demon aTweaks battles. While I can't promise Phoe to live enough fight them, here's a brief summary. :D 

I just viewed the screenshots, like this one:

166_zpsxcdv1lb3.jpg

If I were taking Arcadia there, Captain Swarmi would be all:

bXTzuA2.jpg

Best,

A.

• Blind_Visionary, Blackraven and Golden28 like this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Well, I have good news and bad news. 

Good news is that I won't be needing CLUA for anything.

Bad news is that Phoe Gyi bit the dust. :(

Elemental Lich did him. Him and Edwin did some spell removal battle, and just as Edwin was casting Pierce Shield to remove his PfMW (and Phoe Gyi killed a Planetar, standing ready for Slow Time), in comes the Comet - kiling unbuffed Phoe Gyi  (he got hit by Remove) instantly. Guess Monks really can't take such ammounts of damage. :(

death_zpsm3hgdnak.jpg

Think I'll be playing a barbarian next. :D

• Blind_Visionary and Grimwald the Wise like this

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

:)

- AC 0 (but counts as chain mail, so is actually worse than Shadow Dragon scale due to modifiers),

- Immune to Charm

- Non-Detection

- 50% resistance to Fire, Acid, and Magic Damage

It cost Glorydd 10,000 GP + the Shadow Dragon armor + a green scroll of PfMagic. It's part of Item Upgrades.

Nice. I can see why Aasim wore it in Ascension.

The resistances are wonderful, and getting non-detection through the armor slot it pretty sweet.

Thanks for sharing!

Best,

A.

Btw. Can you wear protection items with magical armor in your install?

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Thanks for adding the links to your signature, Aasim. I appreciate it and I'm guessing others will find it helpful as well.

And please do continue to mention particularly significant changes in your posts. It helps us follow the adventure.

Oh, per this - some of the changes from the links  are "outdated", but most of it is valid. If there's a thing which has a really big effect on game (like Haste tweak) I mention it, since it's pretty important.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

death_zpsm3hgdnak.jpg

Bummer, Aasim. I was really looking forward to the rest of Phoe Gyi's run. :(

A barbarian should be great though. GL!

Best,

A.

(Btw. Those liches seem to hold back their Comets until your fire protection is dispelled. They -especially Kangaxx- are pretty good at removing fire protection. I always bring a few Potions of Fire Resistance to those battles and maintain a clear aura, in case I loose my fire resistance. I also keep the Ring of Fire Resistance around, just so I have the option of equipping it, although I'm reluctant to change worn items during combat.)

(Btw II. From the sound of it, Phoe Gyi's aura was clouded by Slow Time activation, is that correct? Hence no Potion of Fire Resistance?)

(Btw III. Do Comets even do fire damage in your install, or do they do crushing, like the Oversight ones?)

Golden28

Golden28
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Noooo... Aasim...

Ill be reading all of Phoe Gyis adventures at a slower pace, from start to finish. Loved his run..

His HP was too low for a comet in the face so it seems..

Cheers!

• Blackraven likes this