• Members
  • 1,377 posts

Nice progress Dyara, impressive!

• Grimwald the Wise and Dyara like this

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts

Kaxir the nth has made good his escape with various items. 101 kills (Ulvaryl). 120hp at level 9, now 123hp at level 10 after visiting the circus.
Baldr138.jpg

Baldr139.jpg

Funds are reasonable, with his lore (37) allowing free identification of various items normally requiring the Glasses of Identification. Anything still unidentified has been stashed for later.

• ussnorway, Grimwald the Wise, realmuzzy and 1 other like this

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

Bl-scs30 Update 2.7, 

Gray shades;

Hear text as mp3,

Cernd discovered he is a bit of a cad so we helped him make up for it by rescuing a baby (probably end up a Druid like his dad) then Viccy started getting cold feet and tried to scare me off with the old "I've really been around" routine but I was patient and understanding which won her back over to believing in me… much to her obvious annoyance.

p2-beastl37.jpg

Spoiler
p2-beastl45.jpg

On the combat side it was pretty strait forward vampire bashing with one nest of spiders gassed for good measure and we are currently somewhere on the high seas looking for this spellhold joint.

• Gate70, Grimwald the Wise, realmuzzy and 1 other like this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Gate70/Grond0 multiplayer attempt 89 - (1st and final update)

Ira, human inquisitor (Grond0) & Strofii, elf stalker Gate70)

After a whole day without ending a run, we reverted to type yesterday as this duo made limited inroads into BG2.

The progress that was made included the dungeon, circus and Suna Seni on the way to Watcher's Keep.  The first obstacle was hit there when Strofii was too slow talking to the lich-priest and was smashed down by golem blows from each side.  

Spoiler

With his slippers now on the floor the lich was hostile and a couple of raise deads, plus a few more healing spells were necessary outside before the lich was drained of spells.

Moving on, Officer Dirth gave up his armour, the route to the Unseeing Eye opened up and Mekrath taught the uses of inquisitor dispels.  Renfeld was rescued and the harpers looted before the duo took on Rayic Gethras.  The intention there was for Strofii to position for a backstab before Ira came upstairs and threw in a dispel.  However, that plan came unstuck from the start:

- Rayic's conversation interrupted Strofii's attempt to attack.

- Ira looked at Rayic's brown icon and thought he had no stoneskin - so just attacked (and felt his blade clang off Rayic's body - whose icon suddenly changed to grey!).

- Ira ran back downstairs and, as soon as Rayic had completed a dispel of his own, came back up - to be greeted by an instant symbol fear :blink:.

- With both characters running round in terror, Rayic had plenty of time to line his shots up perfectly.  One FoD saw the end of Strofii

Spoiler

and moments later he did the same to Ira.

• ussnorway, Grimwald the Wise, realmuzzy and 1 other like this

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts
Kaxir is following a plan. How long that will last remains to be seen.

Get the Suna Seni ambush out of the way, arriving with DUHM. Kill order is Mage > Priest > Ranged > Suna Seni.
Baldr140.jpg

The Arbane shortsword was rapidly off-handed, while a trip to the outside of Watchers Keep yielded a potion case.
Baldr141.jpg

Rescue Renfeld, arriving with DUHM. Kill order is Mage > Priest > remainder.
Baldr142.jpg

The Mad Cleric could theoretically cause trouble (horror) but Kaxir cut that short.
Baldr143.jpg

An Orog ambush was next With no DUHM active, Kaxir kept on the move to limit the number of attackers at any one point. He still took heavy damage and after using both Cure Light Wounds he finally got enough of a distance to use DUHM.
Baldr144.jpg

Kaxir decides not to "waste" a DUHM against Cohrvale and Bregg. This is a poor decision resulting in two Cure Light Wounds, an eventual DUHM and a scrappy victory covering the bottom half of the map. They put up a good fight, better than the orogs.
Baldr145.jpg

Gaelan Bayle collects his 15000gp, and Kaxir won't be bothering with further ambushes; the non-unique ones anyway. He'll deal with the clone(s) if that turns up.
  • ussnorway, Grimwald the Wise and realmuzzy like this

Dyara

Dyara
  • Members
  • 330 posts

Sorry to hear about Ira and Strofii :( ... bat at least Kaxir makes good (and bloody) progress :)

• Grond0, Grimwald the Wise and realmuzzy like this

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

I'm retiring Morhild. She survived Chateau Irenicus and did some early SoA quests (Circus, Slavers parts I & II, some Thieves stuff), but I had a problem with her at the d'Arnise Hold. She defeated several Trolls including three Spirit Trolls but a fourth Spirit Troll repeatedly STR-drained her all the way down to 13. I had her drop almost all her gear because she couldn't drop her Full Plate mail (from the Den of the Seven Vales Dwarf) so that she could retreat. She made it outside, and had to either rest or travel in order for the Trolls not to wait for her directly at the entrance. When she went inside valuable loot such as Vhailor's Helm, Refelction Shield and Tuigan Bow were gone. This in itself was annoying enough to make me feel like quitting. However she also got surrounded by circa ten Trolls, a lot more than there were before. She had arrows of fire, but without Tuigan Bow she couldn't kill her enemies.
Something similar had happened before to Thani (my most successful WS to date) in an SCS v28 run, but in my last run with Isadora no such thing had occurred, which caused me not to expect the massive respawn.

Morhild didn't technically die, though I suppose she would after being deadlocked in battle for hours. I neverheless don't consider her dead because realistically knocking a Troll down should allow a character to walk over it and gain freedom, and sticking an arrow of fire into a knocked down Troll should kill it.

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

scs spirit trolls can be buggy but a 'cloudkill' sorts them... couldn't you team up with Nalia?

It's your run... perhaps Morhild will show up as someone elses sidekick later on?

• Grimwald the Wise and Blackraven like this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Sorry to hear that Blackraven.  I find keeping a few potions or other means of going invisible is helpful to allow you to recover strength and whittle away at large groups of spirit trolls.

• Grimwald the Wise likes this

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Sorry to hear that Blackraven.  I find keeping a few potions or other means of going invisible is helpful to allow you to recover strength and whittle away at large groups of spirit trolls.

Good call. I actually considered that strategy but I couldn't think of any items that a Wizard Slayer could use to go invisible. 

I'm reluctant to do another solo Wizard Slayer run because they can only survive BG1 with some luck. But I like your suggestion USSNorway

• Grond0 and Grimwald the Wise like this

Golden28

Golden28
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Terrible ending of Morhild.. :S.. I'm so sad..

• Grimwald the Wise likes this

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts

Sorry to see your run end Blackraven.

Kaxir trundles on.

I'm trying not to pre-empt any combat (not attacking enemies before they go hostile) so Kaxir is likely to come a cropper at some stage.

Umar Hills

- Juggernaut golem deconstructed to obtain the Ilbratha shortsword.

- Mayor told about the deserters offering to guard the village.

- 100gp paid for a headstone, in return for a beljuril.

Slums

- Hendak is running the Copper Coronet and waiting for Kaxir to head into the Slaver Compound at some point.

- Valygar unlocked the Planar Sphere then returned to his cabin at Umar Hills.

- A pair of Silver Pantaloons were added to the collection.

Graveyard 

- Risa the orphan re-housed.

- The spirit of Wellyn put to rest by returning a toy bear to him.

Docks

- House clearance for/of Prebek and Sanasha. Entered buffed but spoke to them for a "fair fight".

- Rayic Gethras killed for Edwin. Entered with DUHM active so he spoke before combat. Poisoned throwing daggers > fists > Varscona. Used RoAC Improved Invisibility mid fight as Rayic Dimension Doored, but True Sight removed it. Kaxir still saved against FoD > Disintegrate before the end (save vs spells is 3, death 0).

- Harper HQ looted for Xzar, returning the wrong assassin to him.

Temple

- Deliver a fake alloy sculpture to the Temple of Helm.

- Retrieve a Dawn Ring for the Temple of Lathander.

- Pick up a Cloak of the Sewers after killing a Rakshasa.

Bridge

- Discover the identity of the Skinner Murders murderer. Give him some time to make his escape before risking his Rune Assassins.

- Help the Fallen Paladins kill some smugglers.

Kensai 12. 199 kills, Rayic Gethras.

• ussnorway, Grimwald the Wise and Dyara like this

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

Bl-scs30 Update 2.8, 

You complete me;

Hear text as mp3,

Valygar took offence when a local madam tried to torture a ****** out of loving her mage boyfriend and the young lass gave us the name of another wizard with the key to spellholds wards.

Perth Vs the goodguys,
We just put up minimal buffs, Mazzy went for speed and the rest of us slapped on skins… he will just dispel too much… Perth popped invulnerability and a fire shield as his pre-buff.
Round 1, Mazzy charged, I put 'Insect Plague' on her (doesn't matter if he goes invisible), Jan popped his golem and we range attack while Perth opened with horrid wiltings and invisible.
Round 2, my 'Insect Plague' latches onto him and his royally buggered now but still has his scripts… one of which is a 'sphere of chaos' which naturally I fail my save for and get the bunny treatment.
Round 3, Jan pops invisible then moves up to dispel any more illusions Perth tries to use, I counter the chaos effects by switching to bear form and everyone just continues to target practice a mostly helpless Perth to death… the book has fireball and that’s just fine by me.

p2-beastl46.jpg

Spoiler
p2-beastl54.jpg

After trading some intelligence to the demonic doorman I managed to kick Bhal's ass with summons and spider form then misplaced my soul before waking up in a maze as a plaything for Bodhi… I finally have my sister back but also need to pick the bench warmer?

• Grond0, Grimwald the Wise, Blackraven and 2 others like this

Dyara

Dyara
  • Members
  • 330 posts

So sad to hear about Morhild :( ... stupid trolls :angry:

• Grimwald the Wise and Blackraven like this

realmuzzy

realmuzzy
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Sorry about Morhild Blackraven.

• Blackraven likes this

realmuzzy

realmuzzy
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Trouble in Trademeet

Bruin's first job outside of Athkatla is to investigate the animal attacks on the city of Trademeet. Animal attacks on their own would be unremarkable business but there is suspicion a nearby druid enclave is orchestrating the entire thing.

Upon arrival Bruin discovers this is not the only problem plaguing Trademeet. A group of dao djinn is preventing all the merchants from doing their jobs using intimidation and superior power. One of the town officials suggests that he might be well rewarded if he dealt with this problem so he plans a surprise attack on the djinn and takes out the entire clan. The shield he gets from the town treasury is well worth the effort and on top he rescued a friendly efreeti. With that problem solved he heads out into the wilderness to investigate the druid enclave.

He makes good use of his summoned army, especially the efreeti who has the ability to finish off the fallen trolls (*the reason why I did the djinn first*). Shadow druids try to ambush him along the way, but he is always vigilant as any Red Fellow must be and from the protection of sanctuary commands his magic resistant army to smite the druids until he feels safe enough to join the fray.

Spoiler

He faced no other significant treats, except for an unexplained blackout on a myconoid infested bridge, before reaching the heart of the shadow druid grove. He is joined by Cernd who is the only one who can contest the druid leader Faldorn within the confines of the grove. They join in prayer to make Cernd as strong as possible before he makes the challenge.

Spoiler

The fight is underwhelming as Cernd immediately stops Faldorn from spell casting by swarming her with insects and then changes into a greater werwolf easily finishing her off. (*again Faldorn is not an avenger and her first spell is summon dogs, when she has elementals memorized as I discovered in eekeeper. I feel like this encounter is not working as intended in my setup*)

Spoiler

After Faldorn's defeat the remaining druids renounce shadow druid ways and satisfied with their promise, Bruin returns to the mayor of Trademeet to report his findings. He is hailed as a hero and they erect a statue in his honor in the main square

Spoiler

As the hero he is welcome with all the local merchants so he takes advantage of that and buys the belt of magic damage resistance and an acid dripping magical club. Before leaving he also eliminates the undead from the town graveyard and finally catches the Athkatla murderer that slipped away from his back in the city. The skin dancer and his associate are killed and their victim restored by the greatest blessing Red Knight can give

Spoiler

• ussnorway, Gate70, Serg BlackStrider and 2 others like this

realmuzzy

realmuzzy
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Assault on De'Arnise keep

As one of the most powerful clerics in Athkatla and a mighty warrior (*lvl 7 spells and 2 attacks per round as given by his kit*) Bruin attracts a lot of attention from the rich and powerful with problems that need solving. His first employer is Lady Nalia whose keep is being invaded.

Bruin travels to the keep and discovers an army of trolls, unusually organized by a mysterious force. Still, even when organized trolls aren't a mach for him anymore as with his full set of buffs and a whirling sphere of blades he can conjure they fall quickly.

Spoiler

But trolls aren't the only threat, they are supported by yuan-ti some of which are magic users. Bruin lets his aerial servants deal with the mage, who without true seeing is helpless under their onslaught. Along the way he discovers the pieces of a mythical flail and after killing some golems and a crazed man on the second floor of the keep he manages to complete the artifact.

Spoiler

He uses divination to pinpoint the location of the troll leader in the basement of the keep. His plan is simple: he will use his summoned army to distract the yuan-ti mages while he deals with the big troll. Unfortunately the mages are smarter than he anticipated and dispel him

Spoiler

The situation is suddenly looking very grim for Bruin who is desperately trying to escape to reapply his buffs. He makes a tactical error and instead of using his first action to renew haste, he uses a healing potion which leaves him open to many hits by the big troll. Luckily he mages to run upstairs, recover, and reengage with his full powers activated.

Spoiler

After he kills the big troll, he summons more helpers and finishes the remaining trolls and yuan-ti

Spoiler

The lord of the keep is dead and Bruin brings the bad news to Nalia, who suggests they might travel together. Bruin refuses and starts the journey back to Athkatla

• ussnorway, Gate70, Serg BlackStrider and 3 others like this

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts
Kaxir was meant to be following a plan. So much for that idea.

De'Arnise Keep
First stop was to stick the Flail of Ages +3 back together. This went reasonably well, and once the flail was forged Kaxir cleared out the rest of the Keep and took ownership which is probably the last he'll see of the place.

Reputation (19)
- Shut down the Slavers for Hendak. 
- Inform Lt Aegisfield that Rejiek Hidesman had escaped.
- Saving Riassa from Rejiek in Trademeet.
- Dealing with the Trademeet Genies & Druid Grove.
- Returning the Mantle of Waukeen to the Mayor of Trademeet.
- Disband the Fallen Paladins.
- Return Neb's head.

Close calls
- Fael's buddies. PW:Stunned at 89hp. Survived, sent the Efreeti in, stunned again. Thought he was dead, but somehow survived and managed to Cure Light Wounds.
Spoiler

- De'Arnise Umber Hulks. Down to 27hp, uses RoAC invisibility.
- Outside the Troll Mound. Ran from the final troll with 42hp. DUHM expired and the troll hit once more, 7hp. Used a Potion of Invisibility.

Recovery
- Killed off the three liches in the city.
- Killed off all the vampires apart from Lassal.
- Killed Kangaxx.
- Killed Lassal, scared Bodhi off.
- Looted the Graveyard tombs.

Utter insanity at the Twisted Rune
- Drew out Shangalar, failed to Mace him with an Improved Haste. Used a Protection from Undead to stop him from unloading something like Maze.
- Reluctantly used Kitthix then the Efreeti to draw him out of invisibility. Maced him.
- Killed Revanek, Vaxall and Shyressa.
- Wondered how to deal with Layene without getting Mazed. Ranged weapons would be good, only Kaxir forgot to pack any.
- Took various spells (FoD, Disintegrate, Dominate, Incendiary Cloud, Efreeti, Pit Fiend and so on) while contemplating.

The sensible option is to pick up the eye stalk and get out without facing her.
Spoiler

• ussnorway, Serg BlackStrider, Grond0 and 4 others like this

Dyara

Dyara
  • Members
  • 330 posts

Dyara, elven Fighter/Mage/Thief (BG2, update 8)

Despite working for the Cowled Wizards for some time now the wizards didn't considered it necessary to give Dyara some news about Imoen and so another punishment was in order...

Spoiler

Once that was done and as there wasn't anything left to do in Athkatla (we leave the 'Twisted Rune' for chapter 6) the party left for Brynnlaw where they were greeted by some old friends...

Spoiler

... and after sorting out local problems...

Spoiler

... the party made it into the Asylum using Perth the Adept's wardstone...

Spoiler

Unfortunately the friendly mage who took the party on a tour of the institution introducing them to all its inhabitants revealed himself as Irenicus finally. The party got overwhelmed, Dyara's divine soul was stolen by Irenicus and then the party was thrown into the asylum dungeon infested with Yuan-ti ...

Spoiler

... a Rakshasa (slain with a nice 146 damage backstab)...

Spoiler

... a Pit Fiend, a Greater Wolfwere and Umber Hulks...

Spoiler

... and even lots of Undead including a Lich...

Spoiler

Even Bodhi appeared but was quickly forced to retreat...

Spoiler

The final level of the asylum dungeon saw Dyara tying her backstab record ...

Spoiler

Then Bodhi appeared a second time angering Dyara that much that she turned into the slayer...

Spoiler

... forcing Bodhi to run away once more. The party then made it through the tests (graduating with an A+) allowing them to confront Irenicus...

Spoiler

The evil wizards surely would have been slain if he hadn't been in league with a powerful and most evil monster... a so called 'Script' not only teleported Irenicus away, it also slew all the poor inmates...

Spoiler

The party then agreed (despite knowing better) to take Saemon Havarian up on his offer to sail them back to Amn, they were betrayed a second time and arrived at the 'City of Caverns' where the party helped the rebels to take over the throne...

Spoiler

After pickpocketing Prince Villynaty for the Wave Blade the party used the Magical Rope to travel to the Underdark.

Name     Level                              HP             Game Kills XP     Game Kills  Strongest Kill   Deaths
Dyara    Fighter(11)/Mage(12)/Thief(14) 127 HP (+5)     1,618,356 (+222,644)  453 (+79)  Firkraag         -
Korgan   Berserker(19)                  145 HP          1,369,168 (+154,005)  394 (+53)  Chromatic Demon  -
Anomen   Fighter(7)->Cleric(20)         118 HP            437,946 (+ 65,620)  195 (+18)  Lich             -
Xan      Fighter(13)/Mage(13)            76 HP (112 HP)   617,957 (+ 82,147)  186 (+33)  Glabrezu         2x
Valygar  Stalker(16)                    111 HP (+11)      528,757 (+125,937)  152 (+30)  Demon Wraith     2x
Mazzy    Fighter(17)                    114 HP            740,664 (+ 63,485)  208 (+37)  Shade Lord       1x

To be continued...

• ussnorway, Grond0, Epsil0 and 1 other like this

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

Bl-scs30 Update 2.9, 

Unarmed & Dangerous;

Hear text as mp3,

I asked Cernd to sit this one out then sicked fire elementals on the Clay Golem to gain a bag of holding… the maze goes by the numbers, Jan set three traps outside to slow down the murderers later on and I even managed to retrieve some items I had stashed before being drugged after which we arrived at the main event.

{scs30 = easiest battle ever}
Round 1, Irenicus prattles on before firing his pre-buffs… Mazzy charges him with a non-magic weapon, I put up 'Insect Plague' on Mazzy and the rest of the party legs into the corner behind Irenicus, to fight our idds.

Round 2, Irenicus struggles with my 'Insect Plague'… Mazzy re-joins us and we concentrate fire on, well ourselves… Imoen, Jan & Viconia die quickly having fallen under the effects of my 'Insect Plague'… Valygar, Mazzy and myself managed to give some grief but they soon followed to the floor.

p2-beastl55.jpg

Spoiler
p2-beastl65.jpg

Round 3, I went looking for Irenicus but he wasn't in the room… must have been teleported outside? Sure enough he trips over the traps Jan placed out there and gives us the "I'll be right back" speech without even bothering to summon that Deva he normally likes so much…Battle over, we Win!

• Serg BlackStrider, Blackraven, realmuzzy and 1 other like this

Dyara

Dyara
  • Members
  • 330 posts

Dyara, elven Fighter/Mage/Thief (BG2, update 9)

The Magical Rope brought the party safely into the Underdark. By some merchants they were told that both Irenicus and Bodhi had come by and that the two had entered the nearby drow city Ust Natha. While exploring the vicinity the party came upon some strange portals releasing steady streams of elementals, which the party used for some combat training. Then the mage Vithal was released from eternal imprisonment and while searching for a Svirfneblin settlement the party became attacked by a group of Drow and also angered a  Myconid colony at the same time...

Spoiler

and as you can expect in the Underdark there was no peaceful solution possible...

Spoiler

At the Svirfneblin village the party got the Vithal's 'Book of Rituals', they agreed to find Therngle Daglefodd's missing son and they were asked to fight a Balor for Golander Blackenrock...

Spoiler

With the book the party returned to Vithal who then entered the elemental planes of earth, fire and air. For fighting some elementals the party was rewarded with a rod and some spell scrolls. Next some prisoners, trapped inside an odd device, were released. However most of them weren't really grateful...

Spoiler

While searching for Adalon's lair the party unfortunately stumbled into the beholder dungeon. Fortunately the whole party was invisible but unfortunately an Elder Orb started to cast 'True Sight'...

Spoiler

While exploring the dungeon some drows were caught in the act of stealing XP from the party and of course Dyara couldn't let that happen...

Spoiler

Some problems occurred when the party joined a fight between some gauths and mind flayers...

Spoiler

... so Dyara had to use her newly gained Whirlwind HLA to turn the tide...

Spoiler

Next Xan (protected by 'Death Ward', 'Free Action', 'Chaotic Commands', 'SI: Necromancy' and 'Spell Shield') killed a group of three beholders and some gauths on his own...

Spoiler

As the protection hadn't worn off he continued to fight some gauths and was later joined by the rest of the group. For fighting the next group of Beholders and Gauths Xan was replaced by Dyara...

Spoiler

... and when she started to take damage (because the spell immunity had worn off) she was joined by her companions...

Spoiler

Everyone was tired by now but still there was a beholder and an elder orb to be killed...

Spoiler

After a rest at the Svirfneblin village the party finally went to Adalon's lair. Dyara agreed to rescue the Silver Dragon's eggs and they all were made look like drow so they could enter Ust Natha without being attacked.

Name     Level                              HP             Game Kills XP     Game Kills  Strongest Kill   Deaths
Dyara    Fighter(12)/Mage(12)/Thief(14) 128 HP (+5)     1,799,396 (+181,040)  479 (+26)  Firkraag         -
Korgan   Berserker(19)                  145 HP          1,579,425 (+210,257)  425 (+31)  Chromatic Demon  -
Anomen   Fighter(7)->Cleric(21)         120 HP            538,186 (+100,240)  207 (+12)  Lich             -
Xan      Fighter(14)/Mage(14)            78 HP (114 HP)   766,817 (+148,240)  207 (+21)  Glabrezu         2x
Valygar  Stalker(16)                    111 HP (+11)      613,817 (+ 85,060)  167 (+15)  Demon Wraith     2x
Mazzy    Fighter(18)                    117 HP            808,664 (+ 68,000)  217 (+ 9)  Shade Lord       1x

To be continued...

• ussnorway, Serg BlackStrider, Grond0 and 2 others like this

realmuzzy

realmuzzy
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Bruin successfully finished the planar sphere, Umar hills and Windspear hills before falling in the planar prison. I was a bit overconfident at that point, and missed a "praeses" by the Warden while I was in his view. Timestop into melee and Bruin was dead.

A shame because I continued playing him and he made it into tob without any further deaths, or even close calls. Maybe one when Irenicus in hell used his second timestop.

• ussnorway likes this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Nippy - melee sorcerer {5} (update 1)

Nippy has skipped his way through BG1 and made a decent start in BG2.  In addition to my standard restrictions of no use of item-based healing or antidotes and no recruiting of NPCs Nippy is also severely restricted by being unable to cause any damage to anything other than through his own melee attacks.  That thus rules out many spells as well as making summons very dangerous to use (he didn't use any in BG1).

In the dungeon he immediately took the 10th level he had earned, but not taken, in BG1.  He also wasn't that far from an 11th level and avoided potentially dangerous enemies until he had got that and picked up the Claw of Kazgaroth (adding improved invisibility allowing him to get spell saves safely into negatives).  An ogre mage was the first to feel the pain with web and hold monster also having been added to Nippy's armoury - putting a dagger in his off-hand and attacking with chill touch gave Nippy 2 APR to ensure it wouldn't recover.
Spoiler

In the elemental plane the steam mephit did manage to stun Nippy, but it was held in return and his buffs meant the other mephits could do no damage to him in the short time until he recovered and finished off the steam mephit - leaving the others helpless.  
Spoiler
Nippy had no trouble finishing off the rest of the dungeon, although he was unable to prevent Ulvaryl from killing the assassins and escaping (despite being blinded).

He quickly set the circus to rights before visiting Gaelan Bayle.  Webs then did much of the damage as he breezed through the Copper Coronet.  
Spoiler
Back at the Promenade he was buying another scroll case when warned by the Cowled Wizards for casting friends.  

His next journey was interrupted by Suna Seni, but she soon regretted that despite 2 of their party making things difficult by using potions of freedom.
Spoiler
Immediately after that though he went to the Docks and, despite casting all his buffs indoors to avoid annoying the Cowlies, then reflexively used a blind during the fight with the mad cleric (the Cowled Wizards are my own blind spot :wacko:).  However, he immediately stepped into the thieves guild to go back invisible before quickly leaving before true sights could activate and a rest then saw the coast clear to finish the mad cleric off.

A bit more travelling showed up Renfeld - the thugs there were again webbed, but despite immediately failing his save the mage disappeared and Nippy had to kill the others before using remove magic to reveal him - slow and hold monster then ended the fight.  
Spoiler
After returning Renfeld Nippy took on some local pirates.  They rather exposed his continuing problem in fighting groups of enemies with decent HPs and he had to have a rest in the inn part way through before finishing the job.

With his inventory stuffed he then went to Watcher's Keep to get a potion case, before indulging himself with the acquisition of Vecna.  Returning a necklace to Mae'Var then got him to level 12 - improved haste will help with the problem of doing damage identified against the pirates.  Looting Mae'Var's guild also partially refilled his purse before he took on Prebek and Sanasha - web plus dual-wielding while improved hasted made short work of them.  
Spoiler
More looting from the harpers then let him go and pay Gaelan Bayle and he's just picked up his goodies from Aran Linvail.

Stats (cont. from BG1)
Sorcerer L12, 52 HPs (incl. 12 from familiar, -10 from Claw), 401 kills

Each of his four BG1 posts included brief information on one level of spells intended to be taken in this run and his BG2 posts will continue that.

Level 5 spells
Spell immunity
Multiple uses, but will typically be used to protect buffs.
Hold monster
Potentially can be used both inside and outside combat (making use of area of effect).
Chaos
Main method of disabling opponents prior to engaging in melee.
Lower resistance
Allows resistant opponents such as dragons to be disabled.
Protection from electricity
Long-lasting elemental protection (scrolls will be used to provide equivalent acid protection).

• ussnorway, Serg BlackStrider and Dyara like this

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts

Weißkopf and Æthelthryth have entered Amn. They virtually finished the dungeon before rescuing potential Allies (Jaheira, Minsc, Yoshimo and Yasraena.

Only Jaheira and Yasraena joined the party and Yasraena left upon exiting the dungeon which was completed without the help of Imoen.

Weißkopf Æthelthryth and Jaheira then sorted out the problems at the circus with no problems.

• ussnorway likes this

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

@Wise, Wecome to bg2 again mate,

@Grond0, its good to see Nippy making solid progress... how will Beholders be handled/ skipped?