Photo

Baldur's Gate 2 No-Reload Challenge

• Please log in to reply
15228 replies to this topic

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Didn't you have two Wardstones (green and blue) found on that level? With them you don't have to fight those Golems at all - they are just not turn hostile. Never fought them myself and not intend to do that in the future.

You know, I always wondered those things were for, lol. I would rather fight them myself (big experience), but surely would have helped Grond0/Gate70 though.

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

Didn't you have two Wardstones (green and blue) found on that level?

o2e-mtl42.jpg

P.s you can still fight them with the wards... one at a time, when you are ready.

• Grond0 and semiticgod like this

Charlestonian Knight Templar

• Members
  • 981 posts

So it was Melissan all along.  She’s been playing all of the Bhaal Spawn off against each other & sucking up Bhaal’s essence each time one of us died.  It appears she was Bhaal’s highest priestess… a real bad girl…she even double crossed Bhaal himself & had no intention of resurrecting him but wanted to become a deity in her own right.  I know all that now as I prepare to battle her b/c it’s been revealed to me by her own mouth via Solar. 

Key Event: I went next, using the key I got off of the Guard Captain outside of the Monastery, to visit Balthazar. I expected to have to storm the Monastery but, instead, I walked right up to him & he was waiting for me. He told me that he was also a Bhaal Spawn & that once he destroyed me, he himself would commit ritual suicide. The only problem w/his plan was that he was a waif. When he attacked, I was ready to hunker down for the long haul…instead as I prepared to pull us back to assess the situation, I suddenly realized he was already injured from his own fireball/fire attack, whatever it was.  Instead, I pulled us up & decided to test his metal.  He had none.  We hammered him mercilessly & he died w/whimper. Very anti-climactic after the protracted battles we had w/Abazigal & Sendai.  

466dd26a7822480e6527ad5f409f99.jpg
BALTHAZAR THE PANTYWASTE

12588f33e004a77f58ff825ac0382e.jpg
MELISSAN SPILLS THE BEANS

I already relayed what I learned from Solar.  As she departed I was left to face two more trials in the Pocket Plane. During the first, I met face to face w/Cyric’s avatar that appeared to me as a slim, human male w/blazing dark eyes & chalk white skin. His voice dripped w/sarcasm as he ‘felt me out’ to determine my intentions. He appeared fearful of Ao, the Overlord, & thus wouldn’t meddle in the unfolding drama of my life but still felt free to ‘test my strength’ by unleashing three powerful assassin’s against us. Once again, I’ve lost my ‘sixth man.’  Haer’dalis succumbed to a brutal attack before we could get to him. He fought bravely & died a hero to those who wish to live, work, worship & enjoy life in Faerun. 

3c97f6e5297c8cf72a5b0ef0e2b1cc.jpg

A CONVERSATION WITH CYRIC

From there, I dealt w/the Ravager once & for all.  It took all five us everything we had to beat him into the dirt.  

5ff310739fd027a4983b01022accdc.jpg
DESTROYING THE RAVAGER

Some Treasure of Note: (Purse = 216,002) Armor: Weapons: Jewelry/Gold: Potions: Three Invulnerability; Scrolls: Wands: Misc & Artifacts:

Current DispositionResting in the Pocket Plane

Next StepsDestroy the Pocket Plane & defeat Melissan

Level Up:  

·          Anomen: Anomen obviously continues to please Helm. He’s been raised up to High Watcher of Helm (Cleric)/20 & I, in turn, a short time later promoted him under the authority given me by Sir Robin Trawl on behalf of the Order to Lord (Fighter)/18 & he selected the HLAs Implosion & Aura of Flaming Death.

·          AurenIt seems there’s no limit to Auren’s abilities w/a Long Sword or Katana.  I promoted her after the battle w/the Chosen of Cyric to Apprentice (Fighter)/30 & she selected a 2ndHardiness HLA

·          ImoenI say no more.  She is FANTASTIC as a Rogue & has risen to Charming Rogue (Thief)/36 & she selected the HLA Crippling Strike for a 2nd time

Current Party (In Order of March): (Reputation: 13)

·          Gawain: Ftr/34 (HP 183); Shuruppak’s Plate w/ Helm of Balduran w/Darksteel Shield +4, Ring of Fire Control & Belt of Inertial Barrier, Cloak of Reflection & Amulet of Seldarine; Crom Faeyr*****, Axe of the Unyielding +5 (Cespenar) &, Bastard Sword +3*****, Bastard Sword***** (Bodhi)(1); (HLAs: WWAtk, GWWAtk x2, DBw, GDBw, MgRs x2, CrSk, PAtk, Smite, Hdns)

·          Keldorn: Paladin (Inquisitor/27); HP 128; White Dragon Scale Armorb& w/Helm of Brilliance, Paladins Bracers, Girdle of Fire Giant Strength; Kaligun’s Amulet of Magic Resistance & Ring of Fire resistance (Sentinal +4); Ravager +4**, Morning Star Ice Star +4**; (Chromatic Demon)(Spellcaster Attack); (2); (HLAs: WWAtk, GWWAtk, DBw, GDBw, MgRs, PAtk, CrStk)

·          Auren Aseph: Ftr (Apprentice//30), (HP 131); Grand Masters Armor +6 w/Helm of Command & Girdle of Stone Giant Strength; The Answerer +4*****, Yamato +4**, Long Sword*****, (SWS**; Ring of Fire Resistance; (Saladrax) (SCS Ease of Use, Setting 1)(4); (HLAs: WWA, GWWA, DBw, GDBw MgRs,PAtk, CS, Hdns x2)

·          Anomen: Ftr/Watcher of Helm//18/20, (HP 75); Blue Dragon Plate; w/Shield of the Order +4, & Helm of Defense, Girdle of Hill Giant Strength, Periapt of Proof Against Poison; Runehammer +5***, , Mace***; (Dragon – Watcher’s keep)(Cleric Aggressive)(3); (HLAs: WWA, EBs, GWWA, SoV, DBw, ES, GDB, GoB, SumDeva, MR, Ipsn)

·          Imoen:  Thief (Charming Rogue/36); (HP 120); Sylvan Chain +2 w/Dusty Rose Ioun Stone, Tzu-Zan’s Bracers, Ring of Anti-venom, Ring of Improved Invisibility & Boots of Speed w/Taralash +4* & Staff of the Ram +4*, (Dagger*, Short Sword*, Club*, Katana*, Scimitar*, Crossbow*), Wand of Spell Striking; (Olhydra), (Ranged, Thief Adventurer, Thief Scout)(5); (HLAs: DgrS, Evn, SExTp, SAdTp, SSTp, SoCh, UAI, Asn x2, AvDth, Alch. CrpgSk)

·          Haer’dalisBard/Blade//32 (HP 84); Elven Chain +1 & Firetooth +4 & Ring of Animal Friendship (Wizard Aggressive)(6); (HLAs Avd Dth, Enth Mdy, MChm, ResWpn, Sdbr, SdBrt, OffSn, DefSn, WpnDis, Alch, MgcFlt)

Mods Used: BG2 FixPack _v10; Amber_v4; Auren Aseph_v9; Sarah_v4; Haldimir_v2; : Tyris Flare_v6; Gavin_v20 & Hotfix;  scs-v30 (- Tactical Challenges); MegaModKits v1.01L (Anti-Paladin, Charming Rogue, Priest of Sylvanus, Bladesinger, Amazon, Apprentice, Ninja, Samurai); Divine Remix_v8 (Nightcloak of Shar, Holy Strategist of the Red Knight, Batleguard of Tempus, Strifeleader of Cyric, Bowslinger, Forest Runner, Wilderness Runner) ; Rogue Rebalancing; bg2_tweaks-v16; Item Randomizer-v6.8; level1npcs-v1.9

Blue Font: New information;

Red Font: Monster encounters (first use)

(Best kill)(Current AI)(Chain of Command)

• ussnorway, Gate70, Grond0 and 1 other like this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Best of luck to the 'Famous Five' for finishing off a superb run :).

• Charlestonian Knight Templar likes this

• Members
  • 981 posts

Best of luck to the 'Famous Five' for finishing off a superb run :).

Thanks Grond0.  I'm scared to walk thru that door.   :(

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Corthief VIII the level 19 solo halfling thief - Update 9

Experience: 2.1 million

Corthief VIII made some more progress today:

* Galen Bayle was paid off

* The Claw was finally removed for good, since with the +2 ring Corthief VIII can get save vs. spells of -1, enough for FoD and Web

* 7 snares was too much for Lassal

* Guild Contacts were defeated with summons/snares while Corthief VIII plinked away with his Tuigan's Short Bow

* Agreed to help Renal with his "problem"

* When encountering the Rayic Gethras mephits, I had a huge coup. First play was summon lesser air elemental - the elemental opened with lesser whirlwind - instantly killing ALL the mephits! That was nice

* Snares and the air elemental dealt with the stone golems (by luring them downstairs)

* Improved Invisibility used to sneak by Gethras into the upper right corner. Berserker and Genie summoned, while Corthief tried to assist with fire arrows (which Gethras was immune to that moment). Eventually summons died and Rayic summoned a invisible stalker.

Spoiler

Corthief VIII went invisible, and then down to the stairs, out of sight of the stalker. He then fired fire arrows into Rayic - which in fact killed him.

* with 20 CHA (RoHI and the Nymph's Cloak) was easy to intimidate Marcus in handing over his documents - Barl was convinced to hand over his dagger

* Fighting a bunch of invisible thieves when Corthief VIII has yet to get critical hit protection didn't seem too healthy. So instead, Corthief VIII slipped by them and then prepared his Assault for Maevar downstairs. Corthief VIII had previously laid 4 snares, which only killed Maevar outright. Summons then were sent as distractions. Then Namuraa silences were used to shut up the Cleric of Cyric - then straight arrows was enough to carry the day.

Spoiler

* Some muggers tried to mug Corthief VIII but they had no defense to run/hid/backstab so it was  just a matter of time before they fell.

• ussnorway, Dogdancing, Charlestonian Knight Templar and 1 other like this

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

Omt2- 4,

Balancing act:

Hear text as mp3,

We entered Trademeet amongst a siege by animals so there was nothing for it but to agree to help and head back out again. The grove proved easy (if a bit slow) with the cloud wand doing the bulk of the work against spirit Trolls. Ihtafeer had me worried (gave Puk a lot of trouble once before) so I placed 5 traps at her feet and then Hexxat asked me to hold her cloak as she punched her dagger through the *****-cats ribs… I just collected the loot and left my adds to sort the peons.

Yoshimo steps aside to make room for Cernd and Viconia buffed him with champions strength… ime the bonus to thac0 is well worth a single point drop in strength.

o2e-mtl43.jpg

Spoiler
o2e-mtl50.jpg

Faldorn put up a solid challenge (prebuffs included anti-fear coverage) and they both shot insects at each other… this buggured Cernd moral-wise for a few rounds but Faldorn couldn't capitalize on it because of the same insects. Cernd then went all wolf-man in her face and the extra thac0 proved decisive but I kicked him after because Yoshimo better fits the party dynamics.

Back at Trademeet the genies overlooked me killing their trusty tent guard for his bottle and happily rewarded me before popping home.

p.s I now have a Vampire thief and Half-Orc blackguard fighting over who gets to bed me regular… is flattered the right adverb here?

• Grond0, Charlestonian Knight Templar and Dyara like this

• Members
  • 981 posts

I just found this old battle report I wrote up these 10 years ago.  I guess now, I have the time to finish it.  I started drafting it up as I travelled by ship for my home here in Camelot, leaving Faerun behind for the last time.  But before I tell you about now, I should probably try to relay what happened at the end of my Bhaal trials. 

I left the Pocket Plane behind, destroying it eternally & found myself on a plane of the abyss, the small desolate place that was truly the Throne of Bhaal. 

Key Event: Melissan awaited me, sure of the success of her long forged plan to become a goddess in her own right.  But the trials Imoen, Auren, Anomen, Keldorn & I had been thru, much of it b/c of her evil, came back to destroy her.  Four times we had to face her as she continued trying to draw more Bhaal essence. She threw two Abyssal Elemental Princes’ @ us (Prince of Air, Yan-C-Bin & Prince of Ice, Cyronax), a Fallen Solar, several demons from the abyss including two Type V Demons (Marileth’s), two Type III Demons (Glabrezu), a Succubus, an Alu-Fiend, a Greater Air Elemental, two Vampiric Wraiths, two Blizzard Trolls, a Frost Salamander & a Skeleton Warrior.  Each time she realized we were too powerful for her she escaped our clutches & withdrew to draw more essence.  But, as I recall now, her best chance to defeat us was the first time she faced us…after that we figured her out. Her biggest mistake was that each time she summoned us back into her presence, she stood in the same place. After the first two times, Imoen suggested that she dump all her traps right there & see if Melissan didn’t bring us there a third time. She did & Imoen’s traps hurt her badly. We had already pummeled her twice & w/her injured to start with, the last two times we defeated her with only a few blows. Finally, Solar stopped the bloodshed & brought Melissan the news that the God’s had decreed her defeat.  She rejected the news out of hand but it was so…she was defeated.  

d4c5fe9c64d5a0b1af249a91f5f78a.jpg
BATTLING MELISSAN

429eeb2a1d33dc0717f37a29ff568b.jpg
DESTROYING A DEMONESS

cc0ebb3b08e5dbee5fa328cf51d633.jpg
MELISSAN'S FINAL STAND

15ca77d71b650e06e1e477a6c4325f.jpg
VICTORY!!!

Solar gave me the choice of retaining all of the Bhaal essence & becoming a deity after Imoen gladly gave up her own taint.  For me, there was only one choice. I retained my mortality. I’d made that choice long ago in Nashkel when first approached by Merlin & later, when King Arthur knighted me w/the understanding that when I’d avenged Gorion I’d join him & his knights here in CamelotI fought for over two years to destroy the evil of Bhaal so, even if I hadn’t already given my word that I’d come to Camelot, it would have been unthinkable for me to choose otherwise. 

f5e10fa7d8775c043be3d7dff30478.jpg
FACING A CHOICE...

7f24efa5512f09669cf5826c76f1cb.jpg
...I CHOOSE MORTALITY.

ceffe1d037690de98b18ab4f05bc28.jpg
MY LITTLE SISTER'S EXUBERANCE!

Since I’ve been here, almost ten years now, I’ve married & lost.  My beautiful wife Ragnelle returned to her father in heaven just three months ago. We were married five years & she gave me my son Gingalain w/whom I am overjoyed. But…though the traditional mourning time is through my heart cannot yet let her go.  I have my duty to my fellow Knights of the Roundtable & to my King, Arthur, who calls me his nephew & treats me such.  I occupy my mind w/my duties.  When not attending to my duty, I watch Gingalain grow, he is four now. He is well cared for by my servants.  I have had to battle whispers that Gingalain is the offspring of a Faerie who serves me in my manor house but this is untrue. My closest friend is the Knight, Sir Lancelot, for whom I would gladly give my life. 

Before I left Faerun, I returned to De’Arnise just once to let Major Domo know that I was leaving the keep in his capable hands.  I assured him, after speaking w/Prelate Wesselen, that De’Arnise was now under the protection of The Order of the Radiant Heart.  I left the keep in my name, lest someone like another Lord Roenall try to swindle it from the inhabitants.  Should he have any trouble, Major Domo can send word to Prelate Wesselen.  In the meantime, The Order will regularly patrol De’Arnise & its’ lands to keep the people safe from wandering monsters & bandits. 

I write frequent letters & stay in touch w/those who shared my journey. 

After returning to Candlekeep for a short while, my sister, Imoen, finally settled down w/her own Thieves’ Guild that now operates from Amn all the way to Neverwinter.  She says that the Thieves Guilds in Athkatla, Baldur’s Gate, Waterdeep, Neverwinter are all in her network but that her rogues are the good kind.  She admonished me to, “Shhhhh, don’t tell anybody.”   I can see her smile of purest innocence when I read those words.  She's written more than once to tell me she's going to retire & join me here. I hope she does. I miss her dearly, especially w/Ragnelle gone. Yeah, I hope she makes the journey but I know she's happy.  

Auren formed her own band of adventurers & led them on noble, but dangerous journey in Icewind Dale, a land that had beckoned to her for years. Her band rid the region of some of its more festering evils – notably a chain of Bandits that had been attacking travelling merchants. She returned home to Beregost & took another apprenticeship, this time under Taerom Thunderhammer.  In her last letter she said that he had just passed the smithy on to her & retired.  Good for her. 

Anomen had a crisis of faith & his confidence in Helm was shaken.  He wound up on the frontiers of Maztica where he helped organize the Maztican Soldiers who were battling a demonic conquering horde under the banner of the evil Cleric Yamash.  He found that in training his soldiers to do their duty & to honor their role as guardians, it brought him to the realization that he was, in fact, teaching the Doctrine of Helm.  After defeating Yamash, Anomen founded The Disciples of Anomen, a new order for a new land. 

Sadly, I learned from Maria that Keldorn was drawn out of retirement when Amn was besieged by Giants.  He died defending a strategic pass alongside five other Knights of the Radiant Heart. Maria tells me that the knights assure her that, “The Hand of Torm descended on the scene & when it departed, Keldorn was gone”. She is comforted in her dreams, telling me she sees “the True God w/the stalwart, ghostly form of Keldorn smiling at her from his right hand.” 

Some Treasure of Note: (Purse = 216,002) Armor: Weapons: Jewelry/Gold: Potions: Scrolls: Wands: Misc & Artifacts:

Current DispositionIn my manor house, about 20 miles from Camelot

Next StepsThe Round Table has not been called together for month or so which has allowed me to grieve Ragnelle. I need to shake this, so I’m going to accompany my Huntsman tomorrow to capture some game.

Level Up:  I’ve likely reached the limits of my mortal ability, having risen to Lord (Fighter)/35 during our battle w/Melissan when I added a 3rd Magic Resistance HLA. 

Final Party: (Reputation: 13)

·          Gawain: Ftr/35 (HP 186); Shuruppak’s Plate w/ Helm of Balduran w/Darksteel Shield +4, Ring of Fire Control & Belt of Inertial Barrier, Cloak of Reflection & Amulet of Seldarine; Crom Faeyr*****, Axe of the Unyielding +5 (Cespenar) &, Bastard Sword +3*****, Bastard Sword***** (Bodhi)(1); (HLAs: WWAtk, GWWAtk x2, DBw, GDBw, MgRs x3, CrSk, PAtk, Smite, Hdns)

·          Keldorn: Paladin (Inquisitor/27); HP 128; White Dragon Scale Armorb& w/Helm of Brilliance, Paladins Bracers, Girdle of Fire Giant Strength; Kaligun’s Amulet of Magic Resistance & Ring of Fire resistance (Sentinal +4); Ravager +4**, Morning Star Ice Star +4**; (Chromatic Demon)(Spellcaster Attack); (2); (HLAs: WWAtk, GWWAtk, DBw, GDBw, MgRs, PAtk, CrStk)

·          Auren Aseph: Ftr (Apprentice//30), (HP 131); Grand Masters Armor +6 w/Helm of Command & Girdle of Stone Giant Strength; The Answerer +4*****, Yamato +4**, Long Sword*****, (SWS**; Ring of Fire Resistance; (Saladrax) (SCS Ease of Use, Setting 1)(4); (HLAs: WWA, GWWA, DBw, GDBw MgRs,PAtk, CS, Hdns x2)

·          Anomen: Ftr/Watcher of Helm//18/20, (HP 75); Blue Dragon Plate; w/Shield of the Order +4, & Helm of Defense, Girdle of Hill Giant Strength, Periapt of Proof Against Poison; Runehammer +5***, , Mace***; (Dragon – Watcher’s keep)(Cleric Aggressive)(3); (HLAs: WWA, EBs, GWWA, SoV, DBw, ES, GDB, GoB, SumDeva, MR, Ipsn)

·          Imoen:  Thief (Charming Rogue/36); (HP 120); Sylvan Chain +2 w/Dusty Rose Ioun Stone, Tzu-Zan’s Bracers, Ring of Anti-venom, Ring of Improved Invisibility & Boots of Speed w/Taralash +4* & Staff of the Ram +4*, (Dagger*, Short Sword*, Club*, Katana*, Scimitar*, Crossbow*), Wand of Spell Striking; (Olhydra), (Ranged, Thief Adventurer, Thief Scout)(5); (HLAs: DgrS, Evn, SExTp, SAdTp, SSTp, SoCh, UAI, Asn x2, AvDth, Alch. CrpgSk)

Mods Used: BG2 FixPack _v10; Amber_v4; Auren Aseph_v9; Sarah_v4; Haldimir_v2; : Tyris Flare_v6; Gavin_v20 & Hotfix;  scs-v30 (- Tactical Challenges); MegaModKits v1.01L (Anti-Paladin, Charming Rogue, Priest of Sylvanus, Bladesinger, Amazon, Apprentice, Ninja, Samurai); Divine Remix_v8 (Nightcloak of Shar, Holy Strategist of the Red Knight, Batleguard of Tempus, Strifeleader of Cyric, Bowslinger, Forest Runner, Wilderness Runner) ; Rogue Rebalancing; bg2_tweaks-v16; Item Randomizer-v6.8; level1npcs-v1.9

Blue Font: New information;

Red Font: Monster encounters (first use)

(Best kill)(Current AI)(Chain of Command)

• ussnorway, Gate70, Dyara and 1 other like this

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts

Congratulations, CKT! Outstanding run!

• semiticgod likes this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Epic stuff CKT.  I was glad to see that Gawain's long trial reached a triumphant conclusion.

• semiticgod likes this

• Members
  • 981 posts

Omt2- 4,

Balancing act:

Hear text as mp3,

p.s I now have a Vampire thief and Half-Orc blackguard fighting over who gets to bed me regular… is flattered the right adverb here?

Love the mp3.  Somehow I've read over that before (btw, you sound like Auren).  

Oh, & you ARE a bad girl.   ;)

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Congratulations, CKT! Sir Gawain has been entered into the Hall of Heroes! (the first post of this thread).

• Grimwald the Wise likes this

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Three cheers! I'm oh-so happy that Sir Gawain has reached the finish line. I knew he'd make it!

Fantastic work, CKT. Sir Gawain will be long remembered.

Best,

A.

• Grimwald the Wise and semiticgod like this

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts

Quad > Trio no reload (attempt 4 session 16)
The Underdark

Skeleton Warriors were called up and proved to be overkill for the lone mind flayer waiting near the entrance. Corheal took them on a tour of nearby portals instead.

Spoiler

After killing a group of drow and releasing a Swirf from the Gem Portal, it was time to deal with a Balor, Strofe was doing quite well to start with, but after taking damage he stepped back to cast Haste and returned to the Fray. The Balor was killed just as Strofe lost control and ran off in a severely wounded panic.

He's nearly dead.

He's really nearly dead, and running round in a hasted panic so it's fortunate the area has been cleared of hostiles.

Spoiler
Never mind. Into the Beholder Lair - and after clearing the first room both Corheal and Strofe belatedly realised Strofe had been safe all along behind the Cloak of Mirroring. Brazil probably knew all along. Corheal then realised/remembered the Elder Orb could have imprisoned anyone, which both Brazil and Strofe had been incautiously aware of.
Spoiler
The rest of the beholder lair was cleared with the exception of the second Elder Orb.

The illithid lair was so much fun we redid it (game crashed at the Elder Brain door and the previous save was the autosave).

Corheal had called on summons first time around, but relied on illithid drawing the short straws second time around. They tried really hard and only failed to drain the last dregs of his cerebal cavity thanks to the excessive consumption of Potions of Genius (entered with 10, exited with 0).

With two types of Elder Blood packed into the Bag of Holding there was no need to find any more. However, Strofe suggested a strength girdle might be handy and Corheal put up his natural 17 hand to say yes please.

Spoiler

Gate70: Strofe, Stalker 17. 749 kills (+38). Kangaxx.
Corey Russell: Corheal, Priest of Lathander 20. 342 kills (+29). Unseeing Eye.
Grond0: Brazil, Fighter 13 / Druid 13. 514 kills (+24). Balor.
Retired;
DogDancing: Wewa, Thief 13. 84 kills (+5). Thaxll'ssillyia.

• corey_russell, ussnorway, Dogdancing and 3 others like this

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts

Great stuff with Sir Gawain.

• Members
  • 981 posts

Congratulations, CKT! Outstanding run!

Epic stuff CKT.  I was glad to see that Gawain's long trial reached a triumphant conclusion.

Congratulations, CKT! Sir Gawain has been entered into the Hall of Heroes! (the first post of this thread).

Three cheers! I'm oh-so happy that Sir Gawain has reached the finish line. I knew he'd make it!

Fantastic work, CKT. Sir Gawain will be long remembered.

Best,

A.

Thanks everyone (and USS Norway too).  it was weird this AM to wake up & realize Lord Gawain was done...there were no more gaming sessions.

I'm tempted to start w/my next hero @ Candlekeep but Gawain's was a special run.  I want to do,maybe King Arthur next (as some type Paladin) & I think my PC will be a follower of Ilmater (closest to my real-life Savior).

I read a couple of books on Gawain before I started & as much online as I could to get that character down.  I need to do the same again before I go flying off the handle.

I want to work real hard on my role-playing (made some mistakes w/Gawain) & be more careful not to allow foreknowledge not to give me an edge.  I want to bring the character from literature/life 'into the game' so that you who follow him will feel like you're almost there.  

Thanks again, to all of you who've helped me learn to play this game a little better. Stan (aka CKT)

• Grimwald the Wise likes this

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Just dropping by to say 'Hi!' to everyone, to cheer for promising current contenders such as USSNorway's and Corey's, but most of all to congratulate both Dyara and CKT on their respective triumphs!

Outstanding work of the both of you, and also great to see some fresh blood in the hall of fame!

Being ill on my bed with a flu has actually led to me doing some playing after two months without playing. Am taking Glorydd the Dwarven Fighter/Thief through BGEE. May report back here soon  :D

• Serg BlackStrider, Grond0, Charlestonian Knight Templar and 1 other like this

Dyara

Dyara
  • Members
  • 330 posts

:D ... the one thing I do not like about the romances is that they usually don't fight :D

@CKT: Congratulations, great run :). Perhaps one day Gingalain will step into his father's shoes.

@Blackraven: Good to have you back :)

Dyara

Dyara
  • Members
  • 330 posts

After completing my last run through BG1 with Hänsel&Gretel I've reseted my BG2EE installation and among other mods I've also installed SCS 3.0 .

Weidu.log:

Spoiler

At the moment I have three open triology runs... Hänsel&Gretel, my paladin duo who had finished BG1 just recently with Imoen as their only companion, Sarya, my elven jester who had finished BG1 some month ago in a party with Coran, Edwin, Dorn, Jaheira and Khalid and of course lonesome Dyara, who already had dreamed of beating Melissan while being asleep in a cell in Irenicus' dungeon.

As I don't want favor one char over the others (by playing her/them first for example) I will play all three 'simultaneously' :D.

More to come...

• corey_russell, ussnorway and Grond0 like this

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

Hay Charlestonian Knight Templar... gratz on the win... it's about time someone got to the finish line mate.

• corey_russell likes this

Epsil0

Epsil0
  • Members
  • 208 posts

Congratulations, CKT: excellently done!

• Members
  • 981 posts

Just dropping by to say 'Hi!' to everyone, to cheer for promising current contenders such as USSNorway's and Corey's, but most of all to congratulate both Dyara and CKT on their respective triumphs!

Outstanding work of the both of you, and also great to see some fresh blood in the hall of fame!

Being ill on my bed with a flu has actually led to me doing some playing after two months without playing. Am taking Glorydd the Dwarven Fighter/Thief through BGEE. May report back here soon  :D

:D ... the one thing I do not like about the romances is that they usually don't fight :D

@CKT: Congratulations, great run :). Perhaps one day Gingalain will step into his father's shoes.

@Blackraven: Good to have you back :)

Hay Charlestonian Knight Templar... gratz on the win... it's about time someone got to the finish line mate.

Congratulations, CKT: excellently done!

Wow! More or my favorite gamers.  Thanks all!  Ya'll are the best.  CKT

Dyara

Dyara
  • Members
  • 330 posts

Hänsel & Gretel (Inquisitor / Undead Hunter) (& Imoen (Thief->Mage)) (BG2EE+Ascension+SCS+Mods)

Hänsel, Gretel and Imoen had left Candlekeep on 10/23/2015 and had had beaten Sarevok on 11/08/2015. One week later they found themselves as captives in Irenicus' dungeon...

000-H%C3%A4nsel.jpg?raw=1&dl=0

000-Gretel.jpg?raw=1&dl=0

000-Imoen.jpg?raw=1&dl=0

I've adjusted Imoen's stats, hp, thieving skills, weapon profs and spells (more or less, some may have been lost due to Irencus' torture while she might have learned others) to what they were at the end of BG1.

Hänsel, Gretel and Imoen managed to escape Irenicus' dungeon without much problems. As all the goblins had been replaced with duergar there was a considerable lack of arrows, thus the trio had to rely on melee combat or on crossbows and slings, no-one was proficient with. The ogre mage was slain easily, the mephits on the elemental plane of air caused some trouble (but nothing seriously)...

Spoiler

... and Ulvaryl was slain as well. Yoshimo was allowed to join the group as a replacement for Imoen the thief. At the circus the illusory werewolves were dispelled, Kalah was defeated and Aerie joined the party as a replacement for Imoen the mage. Later at the slums the party decided to pay the temple of Ilmater a visit as healing in the temple is much cheaper than buying healing potions. Unfortunately however right in front of the temple they were attacked by some assassins and both Aerie and Yoshimo were killed... so much for saving some money.

At the Copper Coronet Amalas was defeated and Hendak and all the slaves were freed without any problems. To exterminate the slavers in the slums the party went into the sewers, Hänsel got a new sword and then they entered the dry-docked slaver ship... and made a strategic withdrawal when Aerie was killed by Captain Haegan's throwing axes (@Aerie: next time before entering a slaver ship better cast PfNM or stoneskin) and everyone else was heavily injured...

Spoiler

Once Aerie was raised the party returned to the slaver's ship where Captain Haegan and the remaining slavers stood no chance this time...

Spoiler

After looting the place the four returned to the Copper Coronet but not before teaching Cohrvale and Bregg a lesson.

Name     Level                 HP         Game Kills XP     Game Kills  Strongest Kill   Deaths Pips
Hänsel:  Inquisitor(9)        120 (+5)        58.797            92      Cambion          -      TwoHandedSword(**),Longbow(**),Hammer(**),THWS(**)
Gretel:  Undead Hunter (9)    116             47.957            56      Ulvaryl          -      Longsword(**),Shortbow(**),TWFS(***)
Yoshimo: Bounty Hunter (11)    78             23.119            17      Cohrvale         1      Katana(*),Shortbow(*)
Aerie:   Cleric(8)/Mage(9)     34              1.430             3      Shady Character  2      Flail(*),Mace(*),Quarterstaff(*),Sling(*)

Imoen:   Thief(7)->Mage(9)     62              6.460             4      Mephit Portal    -      Shortsword(*),Ninja-to(*),Shortbow(*),Dart(*),Quarterstaff(*)

To be continued...

• ussnorway, Serg BlackStrider and Charlestonian Knight Templar like this

Dyara

Dyara
  • Members
  • 330 posts

Sarya (Jester) (BG2EE+Ascension+SCS+Mods)

Sarya had left Candlekeep on 05/28/2015 and with her group (Coran, Dorn, Jaheira, Khalid, Edwin) she had defeated her brother Sarevok on 06/28/2015.

000-Sarya.jpg?raw=1&dl=0

Once everyone was released from their cages the party fled through the dark passageways of Irenicus' dungeon. When asked by Aataqah if she would press the button Sarya was about to say 'no' but as all her companions were listening she said 'yes'. The group then wasn't able to defeat the Ogre Mage as Imoen became seriously injured and the djinni intervened saying they weren't prepared for the consequences of their actions. Other than that the escape through the dungeon was rather easy as an invisible Sarya managed to confuse nearly each and everything they faced...

Spoiler

At the Adventurer's Mart Sarya managed to pickpocket some potions and a ring of regeneration from Ribald Barterman. Once the circus problem was solved the party entered the slums. At the Copper Coronet the spectators probably saw the longest pit fight in history as Sarya had a very hard time to hit Amalas. So (after using up all of her damage spells and wands) she had to run away from him hoping that her bard song would confuse him and that the confusion would make him stop following her so she could use her bow for one or two ranged attacks. Unfortunately however Amalas had rather good saving throws (or had a lot of luck), so even when he became confused, in most cases he still continued to attack her and so it took a (very long) while until he finally went down.

A opposed to that freeing Hendak and the slaves was much easier, especially as Korgan had joined the group. The party then made their way through the sewers (where Minsc got a new sword) into the 'Slavers Stockade'. Much better prepared than Hänsel's group they had no problem to defeat Captain Haegan and his guards...

Spoiler

... and soon the other slavers shared the same fate...

Spoiler

Once the place was looted the party returned to the Copper Coronet but not before teaching Cohrvale and Bregg a lesson.

Name     Level                   HP           Game Kills XP     Game Kills  Strongest Kill        Deaths Pips
Sarya:   Jester(11)              79                8.682            16      Amalas                -      Shortsword(*),Quarterstaff(*),Shortbow(*),SWS(*)
Jaheira: Fighter(8)/Druid(10)    73               22.975            19      Cohrvale              -      Scimitar(*),Club(**),Quarterstaff(*),Sling(*),S&SS(*)
Minsc:   Ranger(11)             100 (+5)          76.224            82      Ulvaryl               -      Axe(*),2HS(**),Mace(**),Longbow(**),2WF(**)
Yoshimo: Bounty Hunter(11)       78                6.572            15      Beastmaster           -      Katana(*),Dagger(*),Shortbow(*),SWS(*)
Korgan:  Berserker(9)           114               12.715            24      Copper Coronet Guard  -      Axe(*****),Hammer(**)

Imoen:   Thief(7)->Mage(8)       57                2.300             5      Mage                  -      Dagger(*),Dart(*),Quarterstaff(*),Shortbow(*),Shortsword(*)

To be continued...

• ussnorway and Serg BlackStrider like this

Dyara

Dyara
  • Members
  • 330 posts

Dyara (Fighter/Mage/Thief) (BG2EE+Ascension+SCS+Mods)

Dyara had left Candlekeep on 05/08/2015 and had defeated her brother Sarevok on 05/26/2015.

000-Dyara.jpg?raw=1&dl=0

Dyara fought the Ogre Mage using the wraithform spell but still had a lot of luck as she became stunned by a chromatic orb...

Spoiler

But then the Ogre Mage refused to fight her (perhaps because she was immune to his melee attacks and to magic missiles) and even when the wraithform spell wore off (and Dyara still was stunned) he just stood there doing nothing...

Spoiler

Renewing her wraithform Dyara then defeated the Ogre Mage. Using stealth'n'backstabs and relying on her good armor class (high dex, single weapon style) Dyara fought the duergars without much problems...

Spoiler

At the mephit portal room Dyara use a scroll of monster summoning to lure the mephits away from the portals so she could destroy the portals undisturbed...

Spoiler

... and Ulvaryl turned into mist before Dyara could kill her.

At the circus Dyara easily dispelled the illusions, Kalah was defeated and then Dyara made it into the slums. Again Hendak and the slaves were freed without any problems. At the sewers a chaos spell caused confusion among the hobgoblins (still Dyara had some luck when she saved against a hold spell) and then Dyara entered the slavers' ship well prepared...

Spoiler

The two trolls then were killed using some arrows of fire. Unfortunately Dyara had run out of spells so she had to rely mostly on stealth, backstabs and some scrolls when fighting the remaining slavers...

Spoiler

Once the place was looted Dyara returned to the Copper Coronet but not before ...

Name     Level                           HP           Game Kills XP     Game Kills  Strongest Kill   Deaths Pips
Dyara:   Fighter(8)/Mage(9)/Thief(10)    87 (+5)         121.409           148      Cambion          -      Longsword(**),Longbow(**),SWS(**)

To be continued...

• ussnorway, Serg BlackStrider, Charlestonian Knight Templar and 1 other like this