Photo

Baldur's Gate 2 No-Reload Challenge

• Please log in to reply
15228 replies to this topic

Jabberwock

Jabberwock
  • Members
  • 62 posts

SCS & Ascension Trilogy Playthrough with Berserker -> Mage / Jaheira / Haer'dalis / Viconia / Yoshimo -> Imoen / Edwin

Tough fight with Kangaxx. The fight was actually my first true fight against his demilich form; in all prior runs I've gotten him with a sunray before he could do much (at least in my install, sunray goes through his MR and he doesn't start with PfME). Unfortunately, I didn't realize the helm of brilliance basically insta-casts sunray (unlike daystar which casts more slowly), and I forgot to give Viconia sunrays in her book because I wasn't particularly expecting a real fight. So when the brilliance helm ray missed, the daystar ray wasn't enough to take him out and a real fight ensued.

I think charname was briefly vulnerable to a "trap the soul" imprisonment after SI:A wore off late in the fight, but I don't know whether SCS will actually let him cast it against the PC, since SCS does not allow straight imprisonment against the PC.

Jaheira resisted multiple trap the souls (save vs. death at -4). Haerdalis got hit with a spellstrike, breach and trap the soul all in the space of about a round. The trap the soul came less than a second after the breach, so I'm impressed with Kangaxx's AI on that level. Viconia also failed to save against a trap the soul.  Unfortunately Haerdalis had the mace of disruption, but fortunately the party had several scrolls of freedom on hand and he was retrieved.

Breach did not seem to work against the demilich, despite him not having any spell protections (he cast them but he had been spellstriked). I've noticed over time that the "make breach more consistent" module of SCS is poorly implemented. It doesn't work against many enemies, including many rakshasas, and (apparently) kangaxx. Anyhow, eventually he ran out of PfMW and charname got him with a disruption shot from the mace.

Party needs to do the Twisted Rune fight, and then has some final shopping and then will go deal with Jon. Everyone has HLAs, except charname and Viccy (the latter is still a little short on account of missing exp while kidnapped during the Bodhi fight).

• ussnorway, Serg BlackStrider and Grimwald the Wise like this

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts

Quad > Trio no reload(attempt 4 session 20)

The session started well with the Fire Giant temple taking a battering.

Spoiler
After a peerless outing inside Corheal starts to sweat against Nyalee.
Spoiler
Nyalee lands a snappy lightning strike and Corheal pops out of the party.
Spoiler
Brazil and Strofe finish off Nyalee and wait for Coremad the Berserker to arrive as a stand-in.
Spoiler
Even with several levels under his belt, Coremad gets trapped and dies. Strofe is goaded into a GWW attack and on his way out he too is baulked. He really is a 1hp wonder at this stage.
Spoiler
He glugs a Superior Healing potion and goes for a lap - taking down one archer on the way and drinking a second potion while Brazil keeps the pressure up on Yaga Shura. One hit from Strofe after his lap is enough to do the job.
Spoiler
On to the alternate Strofe, who gets a GWW Celestial Fury Stun.
Spoiler
On to Sendai's enclave. Strofe runs out of GWW against a Hive Mother while an enraged Coremad fails to be mazed but takes another thrashing. He steps back as Strofe downs the Hive Mother, while Brazil is confused underneath her IronSkins. Strofe gets a bit carried away though and mounting damage takes him into the danger zone. Brazil swings wildly and... um... Strofe's head parts from his torso...
Spoiler

Note: Grondo managed to pause the game so we could possibly have got away with it but I'd unpaused without realising the danger. Back to Candlekeep, with Grond0's turn to be the Bhaalspawn.

• corey_russell, ussnorway, Serg BlackStrider and 3 others like this

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts

Hard Luck. Better luck next time.

Enuhal

Enuhal
  • Members
  • 363 posts

Hello everyone :)

Nice to see this thread is still going strong!

I recently re-installed BG/BG2 again and, while searching the forum for some unrelated information about mods, suddenly realized I had posted an unfinished no-reload attempt about a year ago in this very thread - Lilah, half-elven mage/thief. My last post about her is on page 409 - she went all the way from BG1 to Yaga-Shura, and then I suddenly stopped posting any updates, despite her being so close to finishing the challenge.

Well, here is the final update: The reason I stopped posting was me accidentally destroying my computer, getting a new one a couple of weeks later and completely forgetting about the existence of Lilah. Sadly, I don't have her save files anymore, so this run has to remain unfinished.

However, with Baldur's Gate freshly installed and me with some time on my hands, I shall join the challenge once again in the BG1 no-reload thread with a new character!

Good luck to everyone here,

Enuhal

• ussnorway, Grond0, Grimwald the Wise and 1 other like this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Welcome back, Enuhal, and good luck in your new run.

• Grimwald the Wise likes this

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

Sar-scs30 update 1.1, 

New beginnings;

Hear text as mp3,

I was pretty certain we could conquer all the worlds with my new level abilities but then a gjin summoned up an ogre mage who kicked my ass and now I'm not so sure.

s2-fi053.jpg

Mundane armour dumped and magic armour equipped (+ magic weapons conjured by Imoen) and we started to improve. I allowed a bountyhunter to join the group (50 points in traps) he is somewhat lacklustre but its not as bad as it could be… I've heard stories of bountyhunters  running around with zero set trap ability. Any way the usual fight out of the dungeon only to have sis arrested and now we have to go save her… you know the story.

s2-fi054.jpg

p.s, the gjin in a bottle was very happy for his freedom and rewarded me with a nice axe… I've never encountered its like before!

• Grimwald the Wise and Blackraven like this

Jabberwock

Jabberwock
  • Members
  • 62 posts

SCS & Ascension Trilogy Playthrough with Berserker-Mage / Jaheira / Haer'dalis / Viconia / Imoen / Edwin

Baldur%202015-12-27%2021-53-00-680_zpsyn

Party now entering ToB. Jon did timestop-melee Viccy, but charname was pretty careful about not sharing the same fate and once we had LR'd Jon's MR to nothing and killed his demon buddies he was shortly thereafter toast.

The party wisely scattered clusters of spiketraps around the level, which proved helpful when Jon summoned a planetar. The planetar died almost instataneously. 

Jaheira tried to permablind Jon with a Nature's Beauty, but he moved out of the way in the nick of time, which was disappointing. 

Jabberwock

Jabberwock
  • Members
  • 62 posts

SCS & Ascension Trilogy Playthrough with Berserker-Mage / Jaheira / Haer'dalis / Viconia / Imoen / Edwin

Yikes, remind me never to take the first pocket plane battle casually again. The fight against Ilasera is frequently so straightforward for a well prepared party that it is easy to forget how dangerous SCS ToB opponents can be. Anyhow, Sarevok + Bodhi are mostly chumps (sarevok out of the gate, Bodhi after being hit by LRx3 spell trigger). Jon though... Aparently he is wearing the robe of Vecna. His first round started out a little slow (although his chain contingency AHW hit Jaheira, and interupted her nature's beauty, which would have nearly ended the fight right there). But then second round he gets a wish cast (hard to interupt given his accelerated cast speed). I was worried he would get wish breach, but maybe I should have been more worried about what he did get, which was double length time stop + improved alactracity. 

Anyhow:

Baldur%202015-12-28%2012-46-31-930_zpsqg

Here's immediately after the timestop finishes, with a comet and a dragon's breath coming at Jaheira, who he hit with remove magic during the timestop as well. He also threw a bunch of ruby rays and other spell defense removers, and summoned about a zillion demons, and a fallen planetar. The fight immediately went from "totally under control" to "near death experience" in the space of only a few moments.

Baldur%202015-12-28%2012-57-41-501_zpsgj

Here is charname nearly getting killed by the fallen planetar in a moment of inattention. I think I was probably saved by the auto-pause, which is just horrible.

For some reason, the demons fought eachother and then it seemed like at one point Jon himself. I don't know whether that swung the fight; Viconia had gotten Jon with a storm of vengeance and he had failed his save against the damage over time poison, which would normally be game over for a mage. Then again, with his fast casting speed maybe he could have still posed a threat. But I have to think he was mostly out of high level spells at that point, so the real threat would have been the demons. I think if they had been hostile I might have gotten power word stunned later on in the fight when my chaotic commands had come down but I was also at low hp. Not sure if that would have been lethal, but very well might have been.

Anyhow, the party is licking its wounds a bit and reminding itself to just more or less ignore everyone in a fight who isn't an arcane caster; spending any attention on Bodhi or Sarevok in the first round was a mistake.

Also, I'm seriously considering giving Jaheira the robe of Vecna (when we get it) + amulet of power just for near insta-cast nature's beauties. I probably won't but its tempting.

• ussnorway, Serg BlackStrider, Grimwald the Wise and 1 other like this

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts

p.s, the gjin in a bottle was very happy for his freedom and rewarded me with a nice axe… I've never encountered its like before!

It is actually found in ToSC in Durlag's Tower.

• ussnorway likes this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Also, I'm seriously considering giving Jaheira the robe of Vecna (when we get it) + amulet of power just for near insta-cast nature's beauties. I probably won't but its tempting.

I can't remember your setup - is Jaheira either a mage or a thief to allow her to wear Vecna?

• Blackraven likes this

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

S2-e-1, 

Best of intentions;

Hear text as mp3,

My first important purchase is the 5 grand for a magic licence then recruited Jan to help rescue Viconia… so far so good but this time I wanted Dorn and Hexxat early and THAT means surviving some premature ambushes.

s2-fi055.jpg

Spoiler
s2-fi059.jpg

The good news is I survived but it wasn't pretty… I had to drop a dead Jan because we could not afford the resurrection cost. We collected Dorn (the non-violent option) and Hexxat then hightailed it to the wilds in order to grab Neera. That’s my main group collected and it only took a ten-day plus all my cash.

• Blackraven likes this

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Belated condolences for the quad crew; congrats and well-wishes for USSNorway.
Great progress Jabberwock! Your crew is looking very promising, just stay focused. Btw I wouldn't mind you posting a bit more extensively; you seem to skip a lot of stuff. Not a criticism, rather an invitation :)

Gerland of Candlekeep, NG Half-Elf Skald, 1st SoA report

Since pausing the game in BG2EE doesn't result in dates and times being displayed as is the case in BGEE, my screenshots aren't really helpful for keeping Gerland's diary (1st person narrative). For that reason I'll take a 3rd person perspective for the narration of Gerland's exploits in SoA. As usual with my party runs, I intend to roleplay Charname and his companions and to avoid extensive metagaming. However, due to time constraints with my write-ups I'm unsure how much of that will be reflected in my reports.

Irenicus' Dungeon

Shortly after they had saved the Sword Coast and prevented war with Amn, Gerland and his friends set out on the road to Rashemen, not least because Gerland's fame and his sinister heritage would sooner or later draw the attention of equally sinister people. Unfortunately this happened sooner much rather than later. Very close to the place where Gorion had given his life for Gerland three seasons before, it was his love Dynaheir who did the same for the Skald, much against his own will.

Spoiler
What happened next remained a mystery to the Half-Elf. All that's known is that he awoke many moons later, imprisoned in a dungeon below Athkatla where he was subjected to all kinds of magical 'experiments' by a powerful mage named Irenicus. One day his fellow inmate, and childhood friend and traveling companion, Imoen released him from his cell. Curiously, old acquaintances Minsc, the Berserker Ranger from Rashemen, and Jaheira, Fighter/Totemic Druid, were there too, captured as Gerland had been. Apparently both had followed Gerland and his entourage: Minsc to catch up with Dynaheir, and Khalid and Jaheira to watch over Gerland. 

During their escape the four slew dozens of Duergar (including a Mage that cast all manner of mind-affecting spells at Minsc and Gerland),

Spoiler
stunning Mephits thanks to a Cloudkill by Imoen,
Spoiler
and even a Cambion.
Gerland found some of his old belongings (Claw of Kazgaroth, Metaspell Influence Amulet, Ashideena), but most of his equipment was gone. The party promised three Dryad slaves to bring their acorns to the Windspear Hills so as to release them from captivity, and they escaped the dungeon with a temporary fifth member, a Bounty Hunter named Yoshimo. This is Gerland's character record by the way, shortly after Yoshimo joined the party.
Spoiler
Upon reaching the surface, the company was relieved that their lot hadn't been as terrible as that of some of the creatures they had encountered. 

Circus Tent

At Waukeen's Promenade, Gerland saw Cowled Wizards arrest Irenicus and Imoen for illegal use of magic. The remaining four sold some goods, and then split up. Gerland proceeded to explore the city with only Jaheira by his side. The two first rested. The following day Gerland cast Find Familiar as his Pseudo Dragon had disappeared in Irenicus' Dungeon. With Jaheira, he investigated recent disappearances at the city's circus. Shadows and Werewolves drained and injured Jaheira,

Spoiler
before the duo managed to defeat the culprit, a Gnomish Illusionist named Kalah.
Spoiler
One of Kalah's victims that survived the chaos, was an Elven Cleric/Mage and wingless Avariel named Aerie. She joined Gerland and Jaheira and had an impressive amount of starting XP, between 400k and 500k more than Gerland.
Outside the circus tent a young girl who worked with the circus gave Gerland one Jafir's lamp, that could supposedly be used to summon a Genie. The Skald cast Stoneskin on himself not much later, earning himself a first and final warning from the Cowled Wizards. He learned that he would have to procure a license in order to freely cast spells within the city.
Spoiler
His first expense would be such a license.

A rogue named Gaelan Bayle offered Gerland help in tracking down Irenicus and Imoen, but asked no less than 20k GP for that service, not an amount of gold that Gerland was carrying around at that time.

Skinner Murders, part 1
The three companions discovered that street crime was rampant in Athkatla, for example in the Bridge District,

Spoiler
where they tried to solve a murder mystery involving a tanner and his accomplices who skinned their victims, mostly beggars. However, there were dangerous traps at the Tanner Shop, so the party decided to temporarily abort their investigations.

Slavery at the Copper Coronet

In the city's slums, the party visited the infamous Copper Coronet inn, where Helmite warrior priest Anomen Delryn joined their ranks. Like Aerie, he too came a lot more experienced than Gerland and Jaheira for some reason. In a pit Gerland battled a fellow named Amalas, who had repeatedly taunted the young Skald. A combination or physical might and arcane skill decided the battle in Gerland's favor.

Spoiler
Anomen was a champion of righteousness and proposed that the party did something about the reprehensible activities that took place at the inn, especially the trafficking of slaves and their abuse for enterntainment purposes such as pit fighting. There was a large number of guards (including wizards) that objected against the liberation of the slaves, but they were eliminated with the help of Jaheira's Insect Plague.
Spoiler
A Beast Master who owned a key to the slaves' cells suffered the same fate in a more physical battle.
Spoiler
With the slaves they released Gerland and his friends dealt with the remaining guards and with the inn's evil exploiter Lethinan. Slave rebel Hendak took on the vacant role of manager of the inn. He thanked the party and begged them to strike at the heart of the city's slavers, their base in the slums. Gerland agreed to that task, but the party first left the city for the Umar Hills upon the request of a young boy according to whom his village Imnesvale had seen some strange killings and disappearances as of late.

Slaver ambush

On their way there, they got ambushed in the wilderness by a ruffian named Eldarin and his band, slavers out for revenge. This was very unexpected. I never had the Suna Seni/Eldarin ambush in the wilds. The battle that ensued, went horribly wrong for the party, literally. First of all their invisibilities had expired. (I must have rested before traveling, at the end of one gaming session.) Gerland and Aerie got Slowed early on, which made uninterrupted spell-casting all the harder. Both pulled off a Stoneskin, but Gerland saw himself Dominated before he could do anything else. In the meantime Anomen and Jaheira, both blinded by Glitterdust were battling some of the enemies. Jaheira summoned a Spirit Snake in hopes of poisoning the enemy wizard. The two priests and the Spirit Snake were effectively neutralized for some time by a Horror. Slowed Aerie saw her Stoneskins rapidly peeled by the slaver archers, and fell before her companions came to their senses again.

Spoiler
Anomen and Jaheira were severely injured when the Horror effect wore off, and it was with great difficulty that the remaining companions defeated all the slavers. Anomen cast a Holy Smite, and Gerland some Magic Missiles and a well-placed Skull Trap. Apart from that, Anomen's flail, Jaheira's club, and Gerland's song and hammer did the job.
Spoiler
The companions looted their fallen foes' bodies, and reached Imnesvale without further incident. The first thing Jaheira did there was raising Aerie.

Umar Hills, part 1

The companions carried out a number of simple tasks for some of the locals, and they traced the source of the dark, shadowy evil that had befallen Imnesvale and the Umar Hills to a nearby ruined temple. Gerland and Anomen became good friends appreciative as they were of each other's past feats, guided by knightly principles such as honor, loyalty, and virtue, and open about their past.

Spoiler
As they approached the Temple Ruins, the companions faced more and more shadow creatures. Anomen destroyed most of them with his anti-undead aura.
Spoiler
Inside the ruins the Helmite's powers were much weaker, possibly due to the presence of a grave evil they all sensed. Shadows no longer exploded upon appraching the priest, and he even got Held by a Shadow Fiend. My solo characters tend to use of PfUndead scrolls. Shadow Fiends' Hold ability came as a surprise to me. Aerie reached Anomen just in time to render him invisible.
Spoiler
Gerland too got Held, in attempt to distract the many Shadows that had gone after Aerie, for whom he had started to develop feelings beyond mere friendly attachment. The Avariel once more saved the day as she managed to cast Improved Invisibility on Gerland without getting caught herself.
Spoiler
Somewhat shaken by these events, the party managed to safely escape from the temple, and returned to Athkatla to look for reinforcements in the form of companions and/or useful items.

• ussnorway and Serg BlackStrider like this

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Gerland of Candlekeep, NG Half-Elf Skald, 2nd SoA report

Back in Athkatla the first reinforcement to the party was a Gnomish racketeer named Jan Jansen. He wasn't exactly the type that upright folk like Gerland, Aerie, or Anomen would normally associate with, but what thief was? Most importantly, the party needed a competent handler of locks and traps, and the Gnome's skills as an Illusionist were a welcome addition to the magic of Aerie and Gerland. Jan also had a knack for incoherent meanderings that amused Gerland more than a little but drove his companions crazy. Soon enough however, Jan would become a valued member of the company. 

Poisoned Renfeld
On their way to the Bridge District, the companions ran into another ambush, a group of ruffians with an injured man upon the ground. The ruffians attacked but stood no chance against Anomen's blinding Holy Smite, Jaheira's Insect Plague, and Jan's Chaos.

Spoiler
They brought the injured man, Renfeld, to a large estate in the Docks District, apparently a Harper hold, where a man named Rylock took care of him. 

Skinner Murders, part 2
With the help of Jan's trap disarmament skills, the party managed to safely navigate the Tanner Shop. They they found the tanner, Rejiek Hidesman, in a basement with a small dock. Unfortunately he escaped.

Spoiler
Dangerous creatures lunged forward to attack Gerland, Aerie, and Jaheira, but their Stone-/Ironskins and a swift retreat meant they'd only have to deal with a Bone Golem. This they did with the help of an Aerial Servant summoned by Anomen,
Spoiler
before they reported their findings to Lt. Aegisfield of the city guard.

Excursion to Graveyard District; Death of Anomen's Sister

The party of five visited the Graveyard District, and spoke with a man that had been buried alive. (The party would later slay the perpetrators of this and similar crimes, acting in self-defense.) The companions also defeated several types of Spiders in the crypts, albeit with some difficulty,

Spoiler
and brought Hivemistress Pai'Na the remains of Spiders' Bane. A Pale Geen Ioun Stone and a Spider Figurine that could be used once a day to summon Kitty the Spider, were among Gerland's rewards.
When their dealings at the Graveyard District were done, a man named Terl brought Anomen dire tidings. His sister Moira had been murdered. Anomen's foul-mouthed father suspected Saerk, a rival of his, and expected Anomen to avenge his sister's death by assassinating Saerk. Anomen had mixed feelings about the way to go, and Gerland fully understood his friend. The Skald eventually conviced the priest not to exact revenge on Saerk, even after the city's authorities refused to prosecute the man due to a lack of evidence.

Umar Hills, part 2

With Jan in their midst and with Azuredge, a war axe that could instantly kill undead upon hit, in Gerland's possession the party decided to try once more to eliminate the evil that plagued the Umar Hills. Azuredge and Anomen's castings of Free Action certainly helped a lot against the Shadows and Skeleton Warriors that inhabited the Temple Ruins.

Spoiler
Soon enough the party had slain all of them, and solved a number of riddles to obtain access to a Shadow Dragon's lair. A special wardstone given to them by the spirit of Amauna, allowed the companions to slip past the slumbring dragon unnoticed, to a shadow altar outside. There they found the orchestrator of the killings and disappearances of people, a Shade Lord. 

Note: I did the fight against the Shade Lord twice, allowing myself a reload when hitting him before he had completed his talk turned out to make him unkillable. The combat log would say he had taken damage, for example from Jaheira's sunstone bullets, but his status would say he remained uninjured.

A heavily buffed Anomen (agility potion, HP+DUHM+RM, Skald song for optimal ranged Thac0), hit the Shade Lord with a Sol's Searing Orb. The creature failed its save, meaning it got blinded for twelve rounds, in addition to suffering fire damage. Meanwhile Aerie slew the Shadow spawning altar with a sunstone bullet.

Spoiler
Several ranged attacks later the Shade Lord was no more.
Spoiler
With it fell another creature of the shadows, and then darkness made way for light. 
The party carried out one last inspection of the ruins before heading back to Imnesvale. When they opened a cell door they found a Halfling Truesword of Arvoreen, Mazzy, whose companions had sadly perished in their attempt at stopping the Shade Lord. Mazzy joined the party.

Slaver Stockade

Back in Athkatla the party undertook a number of simpler missions (such as some work for the Shadow Thieves, though nothing dishonorable, an attempt to persuade sculptor Sarles to work for the Temple of Helm, and exposing Neb the child killer). Their first larger mission was to deal with the slavers as they had promised Hendak they would. They found a secret entrance to the compound via the sewers. In the room they entered, Anomen's clerical buffs enabled him to occupy a priest of Cyric and several slavers on his own while most of the other companions focused on their captain when they noticed he was injuring Mazzy with his throwing axes.

Spoiler
When Haegan was down, the remaining slavers didn't last long against the party.
Spoiler
The party proceeded to defeat two Trolls, two Yuan-Ti warriors, and - thanks to an Insect Plague from Jaheira - more slavers.
Spoiler
The sextet brought Hendak the good news, dealt with some brigands in the slums (Bregg, Cohrvale, Gorf the Squisher), and rested to prepare for their next adventure.

Watcher's Keep, 1st level, part 1
A call from a group of servants of Helm led the company to Watcher's Keep, a massive hold said to contain some extremely powerful evil somewhere that had to be sealed away for good. The companions only explored the first level, and soon found themselves discouraged by level-draining Vampiric Wraiths.
Spoiler
They looted the place, then rested outside until a messenger informed Mazzy that her sister in Trademeet had fallen ill. The party left the Keep, knowing that if they ever wanted to proceed to the lower levels they'd have to activate several statues through a ritual at an altar, and traveled to Trademeet.

Personal problems for Gerland's companions

Upon arrival in Trademeet, the party found the town under attack by wild animals. This was something they would have to investigate. Also, another messenger accosted the party. This time it was Sir Ryan Trawl, asking Anomen to return to Athkatla for his knighthood test. The companions first helped Mazzy's sister who, as it turned out, had been poisoned by drinking a potion concocted by a priest of Talona. The antidote they found on the priest's corpse.

Spoiler
Mazzy stayed in Trademeet to look after her sister; the others returned to Athkatla for Anomen's test. 
In Athkatla, messenger number 3 appeared, a cousin of Jan's, informing the Gnome that his former love and her diseased child were at the Jansen home. The party witnessed the knighting of Sir Anomen,
Spoiler
and carried on to the Slums to visit the Jansens. The daughter of Jan's muse had fallen ill with an affliction of the mind. In return for the assassination of two Githyankis,
Spoiler
a Mind Flayer guising as a human healed the child. Unfortunately for Jan, this didn't bring him any closer to his lost love. The poor Gnome also barely survived an attack by Ruffians in his own home no less.
Spoiler
Jaheira too, faced some serious personal problems. She was cursed by an old rival, Baron Ployer. The Druid's Insect Plague, and the interference of Kitthix ensured victory against the Baron and his three Mage lackeys.
Spoiler
Thus ended Jaheira's curse.

Trademeet & Druid Grove
Trademeet had two problems. Trade had been monopolized by the Dao Djinns, and the earlier witnessed animal attacks had not ceased. The party, with Mazzy once more in it, solved the first problem with little difficulty. Jan set a couple of snares in and around their tent, and when the Dao refused to leave those traps and the party's attacks ensured the departure of the Dao.
Spoiler
The companions were rewarded with an Efreeti bottle, dropped by one of the Dao, and a copious amount of gold and gems as well as the Shield of Harmony from Guildmistress Busya.
The animal attacks turned out to be the work of Shadow Druids that operated from a nearby Grove. In the forest the party battled Spiders, several Trolls (including the dreaded Spirit variants) that Mazzy would slay with fire arrows, an Elder Earth Elemental,
Spoiler
a host of Spore Colonies and Myconids, Shambling Mounds, and Grizzly Bears. There were also hostile encounters with Shadow Druids. These encounters were decided in the party's favor thanks to Jaheira's Insect Plagues and the party's summons.
Spoiler
In the Shadow Druid stronghold, Jaheira challenged grove leader Faldorn to a duel. Kitty intervened on Jaheira's behalf and ensured that the fight was over before it had actually started.
Spoiler
The companions were hailed as the heroes of Trademeet, and handsomely rewarded for the intervention. (Later these rewards seemed even more handsome to Gerland than he remembered. He suspected that Jan Jansen had had a deft hand in that, but questioning the Gnome would somehow only serve to remind the trickster of lost turnips or tragic family members.)
The party finally dealt with Rejiek Hidesman and one of his accomplices, and procured the Temple of Waukeen for mayor Logan Coprith before they left Trademeet for Athkatla.

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Gerland of Candlekeep, NG Half-Elf Skald, 3rd SoA report

In Athkatla again, the party paid Cromwell the Dwarf 15k GP to forge the Gnasher and Blackblood clubs, two weapons they had brought from Trademeet, into the Pitchwife +5 for Jaheira.

Spoiler
They had a dust-up at the Den of the Seven Vales, which was basically decided without spells after Sir Anomen and Jaheira took down Amon of the Purple Brotherhood and his familiar Pooky early on.
Spoiler
They also battled Vampires alongside a group of Shadow Thieves,
Spoiler
dispatched a band of Fallen Paladins, and disposed of a Cowled Wizard named Rayic Gethras for the Shadow Thieves. Again, while the likes of Sir Anomen, Mazzy, Aerie and Gerland didn't necessarily enjoy working for the Shadow Thieves, they had no qualms about dispatching a Cowled Wizard, especially after Mazzy identified him as evil. Sir Anomen, buffed with protections from fire and with holy combat powers, slew six Mephits on his own and with Jaheira, two Golems.
Spoiler
Rayic himself postponed his fate for a bit when he activated PfMW, but he fell soon after one arrow of dispelling from Mazzy struck true.
Spoiler
Two more jobs for the Shadow Thieves involved no violence.

Meddling with Harpers
Xzar, an old acquaintance of Gerland's, begged the party to break into the Harper estate to free Montaron who was said to be held there. Before the companions were allowed in, they had to agree to a task: stop Conjurer wizards Prebek and Sanasha and destroy their summoned creatures. This proved easier said than done. Sir Anomen flirted with death as he became the sole target of the enemy's attacks. Fortunately his temporarily increased health kept him going.

Spoiler
At the Harper hold the party found a note suggesting that Montaron had been turned into a bird. They took a very tame bird to Xzar only to see it transform itself into a Harper assassin and kill Xzar. Sir Anomen and Mazzy made the assassin pay for her betrayal with her life.
Spoiler
Another Harper then appeared and summoned Jaheira back to the Harper estate. 
The companions did a job for the Temple of Lathander, retrieving a Dawn Ring that Talassans had stolen from them, and saw Jaheira return the next day. They paid Gaelan Bayle 15k GP for the help of the Shadow Thieves in finding Imoen and Irenicus, and revisited the Harper hold to witness one Galvarey ask Gerland all manner of loaded questions and interpret the Skald's answers in the most unpleasant ways. Things got ugly when Galvarey threatened to Imprison Gerland, as per the spell. Jaheira chose Gerland's side, and proved a valuable member once more with an Insect Plague cast at the enemy while they were busy casting their Remove Magics at the party. This pretty much the decided the battle for Gerland and his friends.
Spoiler
Jaheira was very upset about these events, and feared for her future as a Harper.

d'Arnise Keep
It seemed a good moment for Jaheira to be away from the city again for a while, so it was decided that the companions would try to claim the Arnise Keep, which had been occupied by Trolls and Yuan-Tis. By that time Sir Anomen, Jaheira, and Mazzy had become a well-oiled attacking machine. Besides their elemental weapons, i.e. Sir Anomen's Flail of the Ages forged at the keep, Jaheira's club, and Mazzy's elemental arrows were too much even for packs of Trolls. Gerland contributed mainly with his song, and Jan with his lockpicking and trap-detection skills. Aerie simply stood ready for emergency situations.
Spoiler
Overwhelming physical force kept a Yuan-Ti Mage from causing trouble,
Spoiler
and Gerland's Skald Song rendered Umber Hulks' confusing gazes harmless.
Spoiler
Note that I thought I was playing a vanilla Skald until I found that Gerland's spell-casting was slightly slower than that of his companions and I read the Rogue Rebalancing Skald kit description in-game. I actually uninstalled that mod's Revised Bard kits component, only to discover that the vanilla Skald song did nothing. So I ended up re-installing the Rogue Rebalanced Skald kit.
Spoiler

Troll leader TorGal was spirited away from his dangerous entourage and beaten down by Sir Anomen, Jaheira, and Mazzy while Gerland's song and Mazzy's Invoke Courage ability kept them safe from the effects of the Troll's Cloak of Fear.

Spoiler
As said before, TorGal's minions were a dangerous lot: an Elder Umber Hulk, two Yuan-Ti Mages, and several Spirit and Giant Trolls. Sir Anomen, Jaheira, and Mazzy slew the Elder Umber Hulk in melee combat, but then the three had to focus on different enemies, and the help of Gerland, Jan, and Aerie was needed as well. Sir Anomen and Jaheira occupied most of the Trolls, while Gerland (Remove Magic) and Mazzy (arrows of dispelling) tried to remove the Yuan-Ti Mages' protections.
Spoiler
The Yuan-Ti Mages managed to Haste the Trolls and to Slow Aerie and Mazzy, an effect that Jan neutralized with a Haste out of his spellbook and Sir Anomen with his Flail of Ages. Sir Anomen and Gerland slew the Yuan-Ti Mages so that Nalia and her betrothed (whom she didn't really want to be with) could inhabit the keep.

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Gerland of Candlekeep, NG Half-Elf Skald, 4th SoA report

Final Commission for the Shadow Thieves
Gerland & company accepted to wipe out a rogue named Mae'Var and his gang of thieves that had been making overtures to the Night Masks.

Spoiler
As you can see somehow Mae'Var and the others took quite long before they went hostile, in the case of Mae'Var himself too long. This was after he had been talked to. Uneventful battle, so I'll suffice with the above screenshots.

Battles in the Sewers
In the sewers below the Temple District, a group of adventurers demanded payment of 1,000 GP from Gerland and co. When Gerland proposed the two parties part on friendly terms, their leader said he would kill the Skald.
Spoiler
As at Mae'Var's guildhouse, the enemy for some reason didn't go hostile and pursue Gerland and his friends. I then had an Aerial Servant strike down Gaius, which I later kind of regretted because it turned the battle into a hack and slash fest.
Spoiler
Not much more interesting was the party's encounter with a Rakshasa. It summoned a Web, which caught Jaheira. Anomen's Aerial Servant and Kitty then did the job for the party.
Spoiler
As a favor for Roger the fence, the party also slew a Sea Troll.

Dungeon Crawl
At the Copper Coronet the companions met another adventuring party, who were looking for folk to help them retrieve a chest for a nobleman. The quest took them to a dungeon inhabited by (Greater) Mummies, (Bone and other) Golems, Skeleton Warriors,
Spoiler
and a Gauth and a Lich that sold "cheese" as the Gauth called it, i.e. several powerful items. Not wanting to be too cheesy, I only had the companions buy a ring of protection +1 that was wearable along with other protection items (rings, amulets, cloaks) and a pair of gauntlets that gave a +2 damage bonus. But no boots of speed, robe of arcane might that increased spell-casting speed, etc.
The party obtained the chest from Lepus, a fiendish hare,
Spoiler
and returned to the Copper Coronet where they were rewarded 5k GP for their efforts.

Bodhi
Although they had paid Gaelan Bayle the gold he had asked, his contact Shadowmaster Aran Linvail and the Shadow Thieves weren't ready to escort Gerland & Co to Imoen and Irenicus. They needed help against a rivaling guild. Some shadowing of the enemy and violent dealings with turncoats taught the companions that the rivals were Vampires with a base in the crypts below the Athkatla graveyard. Aran Linvail asked them to fight the Vampire guild.
The party first cleared an underground area that harbored several other types of undead with Anomen destroying many of the creatures with his Turn Undead aura.
Spoiler
Closer to the Vampire guild, the companions helped Arledrian - one of Gaelan Bayle's fences (and a spy from the Suldanessalar War Council they had gathered from the Elf's diary) - overcome three Vampires. The Elf rewarded Gerland with Silverblaze, a fine dagger and useful against Vampires:
Spoiler
At the entrance to the Vampire guild, a mage in the service of Aran Linvail unlocked a magically sealed door. Four Grimwarders attacked him, but the party stopped them from harming the wizard. However when they spoke to him, the wizard dropped dead to the ground. An Aerial Servant slew the first Vampire and a Golem, paving the way for Sir Anomen to blow up a Greater Ghoul and two Vampires,
Spoiler
and to pick up the Mace of Disruption from a pool of blood. With that (not yet upgraded) weapon, the knight also destroyed Tanova, a spell-casting Vampire.
Spoiler
Sir Anomen, Gerland, and Jaheira - the only ones with NPP - slew more Grimwarders and Vampires, until there was only one vamp left, guildmistress Bodhi. Sir Anomen, aided by two Aerial Servants, and Gerland decided to try and take her on without the help of the others. The idea was that Sir Anomen would attack with his Aerial Servants in close range, while Gerland would contribute with his song and with Azuredge. Alas, that strategy proved overly optimistic. Granted the two friends and the summons injured Bodhi with their different attacks, but the she rapidly drained the Aerial Servants' levels, and Sir Anomen's constitution (down to 6, in spite of his excellent AC). She also had a 'Touch of Death' with which she would wound her melee opponents.
Spoiler
Anomen had to retreat. It inspired Bodhi to redirect her attention to Gerland, casting a 'Sepulchral Sleep' at him with the words 'Prepare, for the final sleep comes for you.' The Skald didn't exactly know what to expect, but to stay on the safe side he quaffed one of only two or three potions of magic shielding he possessed.
Spoiler
Like Sir Anomen before him Gerland then retreated. Bodhi, apparently disinclined to go after the two, then said she had seen enough, and disappeared.
Spoiler
The party reported back to Aran Linvail, and found him pleased with their achievements despite Bodhi's escape. He told the companions that they could soon travel to Spellhold, the asylum where Imoen and Irenicus were held. However, the party had some unfinished business to take care of in and around Athkatla. There was the Cult of the Unseeing Eye that had to be stopped, an important mission for Sir Anomen and the Temple of Helm. And the companions had also given their word to Tolgerias that they would track down and procure the killer Valygar Corthala, and to Lord Firkraag that they would bring peace to his Ogre-infested lands.

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

Gerland of Candlekeep, NG Half-Elf Skald,

Wow Gerland really hit the ground running didn't he... best of luck mate.

• Blackraven likes this

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

S2-e-2, 

Moral victory;

Hear text as mp3,

I popped my toes into watchers and used a 'cloudkill' shot to kill the trolls guarding my new pet golem… I can't continue because as a level 8 cleric, Viconia isn't up to the task yet.

s2-fi060.jpg

Spoiler
s2-fi063.jpg

We killed a chicken, and rescued Mazzy then attacked the shade anvil before retreating… at this point the Shadow Dragon illegally aggroed because I laid a trap at the doorway. Retreating was my only option and with Thaxll'ssillyia sitting below we have to be satisfied with the moral victory of stopping the anvil's evil taint.

• Serg BlackStrider and Blackraven like this

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Thank you USSNorway, Gerland's indeed taken off, but he'll have a break for the next ten days or so...
Happy new year to you and fellow no-reloaders :)

Gerland of Candlekeep, NG Half-Elf Skald, 5th SoA report

Windspear Hills

The party had two jobs to do in the Windspear Hills: delivering the acorns of Irenicus’ Dryads to a Dryad Queen somewhere in the hills, and defeating Lord Firkraag’s Ogres. Right upon arrival the companions appeared to be faced with the Ogres. Gerland tried to argue with the creatures,

Spoiler
but they weren’t open to reason. A battle ensued in which the Ogres proved hardier than such creatures usually were, which didn’t stop the party from defeating them. It was only after battle had been done, that the ‘Ogres’ turned out to be Paladins and Knights of Helm. Some sort of Illusion magic had been used to deceive the party. Amongst the slain lay Ajantis, a colleague of Sir Anomen’s, and Gerland’s old friend and traveling companion on the Sword Coast.
Spoiler
Ajantis and Gerland had fought powerful mages together, banished a Tanar’ri, and defeated Sarevok and his cronies. The Skald would have loved to adventure more with the Cavalier, but now there was only astonishment and grief. The baron of the Windspear Hills, Lord Garren Windspear arrived at the scene moments later. He believed the party’s account of what had happened and explained that only Firkraag, the one who had hired Gerland & Co. could have played this wicked trick upon the party. They found shelter at Lord Windspear’s cabin, and defeated a group of bandits there,
Spoiler
but they couldn’t prevent the baron’s daughter Iltha from being kidnapped.
For both Lord Windspear’s good and for their own, the companions went looking for Firkraag in an old dungeon. On the way they killed two Ankhegs, several Werewolves and Orcs, and they also found the Dryad Queen and gave her the acorn, securing the release of Irenicus’ Dryad slaves. 
The first area of the dungeon was a large cavernous room, inhabited by harmless Hobgoblins, Orcs and Vampiric Mists but also by a Ruhk Transmuter surrounded by Kamikaze Kobolds. They were blocking the passage to the next level. One of the explosive Kobolds soon killed all the others, but the Ruhk was a lot more troublesome. It had protected itself with such illusions as Mirror Image and Improved Invisibility as well as other protections like Stoneskin and PfMW. And it had little difficulty fighting off Sir Anomen, and disrupting the priest when he was in the process of casting True Sight. A Remove Magic by Gerland did nothing, and when Jan came closer to Detect Illusions the Ruhk PW:Stunned Jan.
Spoiler
This meant that the arcane casters couldn’t target their foe with single target Abjuration spells (Breach and the like). A subsequent Cloudkill badly injured the Gnome, until a Zone of Sweet Air by Aerie and the expiration of PW:Stun allowed him to retreat. Jaheira then joined Sir Anomen at the frontline, hoping her club’s and her companion’s flail’s elemental damage would soon enough get rid of the Ruhk’s Stoneskins and Mirror Images. With a Skull Trap (thankfully just one) the Ruhk injured both priests.
Spoiler
It was only after an effective Dispel Magic from Sir Anomen and Tensered Gerland’s intervention at the frontline, that the creature met its doom.
Spoiler
Orcs and Golems proved not much of a challenge in the next area, and Sir Anomen, later assisted by Jaheira dispatched a group of Vampires. The Elder Vampires he simply exploded, but the Ancient ones were more problematic.
Spoiler
In fact, their annoying habit of turning into bat form and becoming untargetable while they regenerated had me cheese a bit by surrounding the Vamps with invisible party members to prevent their (equally cheesy) behavior.
It was also Sir Anomen who, protected from fire by spells and by a ring the Ruhk Transmuter had dropped, defeated several guardian Djinns or Efreetis in order to assemble a mask with which he would be able to see and slay a Fire Elemental guarding a treasure trove. This was a mission for an explorer named Samia. There was some running around when the Fire Elemental was engaged while the last part of the mask still had to be obtained, but eventually no harm was done.
Spoiler
A Beholderish creature that was floating around met its end at the hands of an Aerial Servant the companions had tentatively sent in.
Jan cast Invisibility 15’ Radius, the others their long-lasting buffs, and then the party rested by the treasure trove, which contained a long sword and a shield, both enchanted to protect against fire damage. When they got up, Samia and five accomplices, one divine caster and one arcane caster among them, awaited the party, eager to take the treasure and kill the companions.
Spoiler
Sir Anomen landed an early hit on their Orcish warrior, slowing him with his FoA, before he cast True Sight and dispelled the enemy mage’s illusions.
Spoiler
As the space in which the two parties were battling was rather cramped, and the enemy’s ranks contained four competent warriors, Aerie cast a Teleport Field. The enemy priest got off an Unholy Blight before Sir Anomen finished him.
Spoiler
A Kensai was getting the upper hand against Mazzy, who was more archer than meleer in the first place, but Gerland and Jan’s intervention with Magic Missiles, sealed the sword saint’s fate. Jaheira finished Samia and later a rogue in straight melee. Jan downed the Half-Orc with more Magic Missiles, and Sir Anomen with his FoA was too much for the wizard to handle.
Spoiler
The companions looted the corpses, defeated a number of (Greater) Werewolves and Golems, and made their way down to the next level where they ran into an old acquaintance, the Half-Orc Tazok, and some cohorts of his. The party made short work of them,
Spoiler
and then found Windspear’s daughter locked in a cell. She explained that a wizard who had brought her to the dungeon, owned a magical key that would unlock her cell. The companions found him, and Firkraag – a Red Dragon! – in a large hall below the prison. Firkraag explained that he had begun his ‘game’ with Gerland as a way to take revenge for a wrong that Gorion and friends had once done him. Gerland didn’t feel ready to fight the dragon, but he did have to fight the wizard for the key to Iltha Windspear’s cell. Several Abjurations cast in rapid succession at the wizard by Gerland, Aerie, and Jan, left their foe defenseless before Mazzy’s arrows and Jan’s Magic Missiles.
Spoiler
The companions released Iltha from her cell, and went back to speak say goodbye to Lord Windspear.

• ussnorway, Serg BlackStrider and Grond0 like this

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

S2-e-3, 

An actual victory;

Hear text as mp3,

We stumbled across the murderers hut on our way back to Umar Hills then killed him outright with 3 traps + a lightning bolt… the town itself has Madulf to help guard them so they should be ok for now.

s2-fi064.jpg

Spoiler
s2-fi067.jpg

Trademeet needs a hand so we set about killing trolls… Hexxat is immune to 'cloudkill' gas and that makes this fairly simple until the Raksasha battle but traps and an opening backstab sorted her out. Jaheira nearly lost her challenge when the 'insect plague' didn't work but a fire elemental was enough to tip the scales back in her favour then we return to town as heroines and finished some side quests to grab loot.

• Serg BlackStrider, Grond0 and Blackraven like this

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

S2-e-4, 

Shepherding cats;

Hear text as mp3,

We did some fetch and carry jobs for the wild mages… bring the cats back two or three at a time or they start to run off. I had another stab at watchers to get easy experience and bring my spending cash up to 15k so I can safely return to Athkatla.

s2-fi068.jpg

Spoiler
s2-fi075.jpg

I brawled with the harpers in the docks because Jaheira didn't agree with their justice then we attacked the red wizards for a challenge… fortunately I spotted the bar maid was on my side BEFORE I nuked the room or that could have been embarrassing… killing them that you purposively there to rescue is bad form don't you know?

The harpers are starting to be a pest again so I returned to athkatla yet again and opened the spear before handing in the murderers body… mmm perhaps there was something to his protests of innocence after all?

• Serg BlackStrider, Grimwald the Wise and Blackraven like this

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts

@ USSS Norway

Killing them that you are purposively there to rescue is bad form don't you know?

It most certainly is! :lol:

Enuhal

Enuhal
  • Members
  • 363 posts

Hello everyone,

I'm continuing my run from the BG1-Thread: Sahal, lawful good gnomish cleric/illusionist. With the tomes, his stats are:

16/19/18/20/20/3. Imoen, who is a single-class thief, used the tomes of strength and charisma. Jaheira's stats are unchanged.

As previously, I'm playing on core rules, with only the BG2 fixpack and BGT installed. My planned party will consist of Sahal, Imoen/Yoshimo, Jaheira, Keldorn, Valygar and Mazzy.

Sahal started by dismissing Minsc and fighting his way out of the dungeon. For tougher fights, forest beings and holy smite were used. Eventually, the final group of shadow thieves was defeated, and the party went outside.

First things first: Shopping - though with only 19 reputation and no character with 18 charisma, it seemed right to clear the circus tent first to lower the prices. With true sight to dispell the werewolf illusions, magical weapons to kill the shadows (a summoned hammer in Sahal's case) and hold person against Kalah, the area was quickly completed. Now, Sahal bought bracers of ac 3 from Ribald and the boots of grounding + a helm of charm protection from the temple of Lathander, though not before stealing Daystar and helping Jan and Viconia in the government district (had to be entered anyway to get access to the Umar Hills map from Delon). Jaheira learned her first level 6 spell, so instead of invisibly walking up to Keldron and returning with another invisibilty '10 radius spell, Sahal had a fire elemental take care of the Rakshasa and its kobold servants. With Keldorn recruited, the party travelled to the Umar Hills.

There, Sahal recruited Valygar and completed all of the minor quests, with a fire elemental protected by cc helping out against the umber hulks in the cave. With everyone but Mazzy now together, the temple ruins were next. Since nothing in the entire dungeon except the bone golem can hurt fire elementals, there isn't much to report here. Eventually, Sahal and Jaheira buffed the party with spells like resist fear, chant, bless, strength of one, haste and protection from evil '10 radius (plus cc and deathward for Sahal), and the Shade Lord was defeated.

With the obtained money, Jaheira bought the belt of hill giant strength. The party travelled to Trademeet next and quickly entered the druid grove. Trolls, shadow druids and spiders were slain, and for the troll mound, fire elementals and buffs were used once again. To kill the Rakshasa, the party had to enter and leave the building a couple of times to blank some spells, but eventually, the battle was won. Jaheira challenged Faldorn to single combat. Summoned forest beings and other creatures allowed her to triumph.

That's it for now - time for Sahal to return to Athkatla.

Enuhal

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Best of luck Enuhal! No petrifications, hear? : )

Enuhal

Enuhal
  • Members
  • 363 posts

Sahal, gnomish cleric/illusionist, update 1

Back in Athkatla, Sahal started by defeating Mencar with the help of some forest beings and fire elementals. Then, he continued by systematically completing all of the easier/shorter quests district by district.

First, the slums:

- Dealt with the slavers at Copper Coronet and the slaver's ship (with the help of insect plague)

- Obtained Lilarcor for Keldorn

- Also dealt with Sir Sarles and Borinall

- Cured Jaheira from her curse

Had to stop here because Mazzy's personal quest triggered, and Sahal had to kill a follower of Talona at Trademeet.

Next, the docks:

- Killed Prebek

- Brought the fake Montaron back to Xzar

- Started the Mae'Var questline and killed Rayic

- Defeated Galaverey

- Took down Mae'Var

Then, the Graveyard:

- Cleared some crypts, including the crypt king's

- Helped Kamir and Risa, freed Tidir, brought the teddy back to Wellyn

- Obtained Kitthix (with the help of a fireball)

Now, the Bridge District:

- Took care of the fallen paladins

- Solved the murder case

- Killed Neb

- Stole the Horn of Valhalla (and upgraded it)

- Completed Tidir's quest

- Defeated the random bridge party

Oh, and I forgot to mention Mazzy's other personal quest, Keldorn's familiy quest and Tiris' + the feuding families quests in Trademeet.

With all that said and done, Sahal travelled to De'Arnise keep (by now a little bit overleveled for the place, so there weren't any issues). Fought his way through some trolls and yuan-ti, eventually had to rely on only a few +3 weapons for the iron golem, went downstairs, had Yoshimo distract the umber hulks and killed Tor'Gal.

Next time, some of the tougher Chapter 2 quests will be started.

Enuhal

• ussnorway likes this

Enuhal

Enuhal
  • Members
  • 363 posts

Sahal, gnomish cleric/illusionist, update 2

I decide to pay Gaelan to get the AoP and RoP+2 from Aran before continuing Sahal's adventures. Then, the party went back to the sewers. Inivisibility '10 radius and some buffs and summons helped with the sewer party, and the mage was instantly killed from invisibility. Sahal fought his way through Mekrath's base, with Jaheira tanking the umber hulks. The mage's quest was completed and Haer'Dalis freed. Back at the bridge district, the party buffed and entered the astral prison, quickly taking out the first couple of groups while the buffs still were active.

With the Master of Thralls dead, Sahal rebuffed and charged the Warden, who died surprisingly quickly.

Now, back to the sewers again, this time for the Unseeing Eye quest. I decided to leave the lich for later. Jaheira took care of the first couple of beholders via Balduran's Shield. For ghoul town, Keldorn used Daystar and a protection from undead scroll. The blind priests almost managed to kill Yoshimo via flame strike before Jaheira cast her insect plague. Soon, the Unseeing Eye was slain as well. I decided to take the cleric stronghold, since in the past, I've experienced some bugs with the mage stronghold.

Sahal wasn't ready to leave the temple district yet, though: After buffing, the party entered the guarded compound, and with the help of another insect plague, Valygar's new katana was acquired.

Next, it was time to enter the Planar Sphere. One of the halflings managed to confuse Yoshimo, but died soon after that. The battles here were fairly easy for the experienced party. Tolgerias stood no chance, and Lavok was outsummoned. For the demon plane, fire elementals and buffs were used. The iron golems were killed via Firetooth +4 and Tansheron's Bow. New Ring for Sahal!

Finally, there was also the final cleric stronghold quest: Sahal killed all of the followers of Talos without trouble.

Next, time to travel to the Windpsear Hills and, after that, kill Bodhi (I'm saving dragons, liches, mind flayers and the twisted rune for later)

Enuhal

• ussnorway likes this