16394 replies to this topic

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

After5CST wrote...
From the wild surge table:

54 Summon demon to attack target

In this case, an Armor spell targets... the caster.

Full table available here:

http://www.planetbal...wildsurge.shtml

The wild surge table is also in the Throne of Bhaal manual.  My favourite result is 88 (so long as the target is someone else).  There's nothing quite like being squashed by a falling cow (if you haven't seen this wild surge think of the animation of the wyvern carrying the cow when travelling through the Cloakwood).

Vaclavc

Vaclavc
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Gate70 wrote...
I assumed this was gate, didn't look at the text as I tried to run but then realised Gaum was dead so it must have been something else. Had almost reached level 3, with just under 5000xp.

Ouch. Something tells me that playing wild mage in no reload game is a bad idea...

Brief update on soloing human thief Arizulah:
Arizulah continues his adventures along the Sword Coast. He successfully explored and cleared most of available areas, including outer perimeter and upper floors of Durlag’s Tower.
Screenshots of some notable exploits follow:

Flash Golems killed by Arrows of Biting:

Posted Image

Fighting basilisks:

Posted Image

Bandit camp - fighting guards in Tazok’s tent:

Posted Image

Arizulah currently operates in Cloakwood. He is level 10 thief with 56 HP.

V

The Fred

The Fred
  • Members
  • 2,516 posts

After5CST wrote...

The Fred wrote...

Regarding Bassilus, I suspected that the check mightn't be stat-dependant. I think it's just dodgy, because I've seen various behaviour before. I wonder if this might be a nice candidate for a mod fix (maybe just applying a death effect to them directly?).

The trivial fix would be to have Bassilus set an area or global variable, and the undead check that variable.  The scripting fix is a two-minute job.  However, I haven't ever done anything with weidu, so making that into a mod would require a lot more learning for me.
If they fall apart because Bassilus is keeping them intact through force of belief that they are his kin, then it would make sense that they should (unconditionally) die if you managed to engage the appropriate dialog options.

I would have thought this was the case. I'm not really sure how the myth about Cha came to be. I think the scripting implementation is just a bit wonky. Such a fix would be fairly easy to package, I should think. I might have a bash at it, I just need to read up on cross-platform (i.e. BG/BGT/TuTu) WeiDU a bit since I couldn't run TuTu or BGT until recently.

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts
Busy here, sorry to hear about a couple of runs ending.

@Vaclavc. I think I got one wild mage a fair way into the game but no, not a safe or sane choice.
@Grond0. Yep, 88 is funny. think I RIP'd a previous wild mage that way.
@Corey. Keep that shorty cleric going. Wisdom can soon jump and sling of seeking beckons eh.
@After5CST. Think you're right, probably was gate.
@ussnorway. Why not backstabbing thief in no-reload?
@The Wise Grimwald. Don't increase pickpocket, that's what Garrick is there for!

Vaclavc

Vaclavc
  • Members
  • 179 posts
Ummm... Arizulah was killed by Marek during Poison quest. Quite unexpectedly, Marek managed to cast Lightning bolt, although he was poisoned and several his previous spells fizzled.
Soon, I will be back with new character :devil:

V

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Vaclavc wrote...

Ummm... Arizulah was killed by Marek during Poison quest. Quite unexpectedly, Marek managed to cast Lightning bolt, although he was poisoned and several his previous spells fizzled.
Soon, I will be back with new character :devil:

V

Sorry to hear about that Vac. You guy was going pretty good (and at least he didn't die to a critical hit). You didn't tell us your tactics, did you try arrows of biting on him to interrupt his casting? He has quite a few spells (confusion also) that would be bad for a no-reloader.

Vaclavc

Vaclavc
  • Members
  • 179 posts

corey_russell wrote...
...did you try arrows of biting on him to interrupt his casting? He has quite a few spells (confusion also) that would be bad for a no-reloader.

Yes, I started with LMD to interrupt his first spell (usually Confusion), then arrows of biting to poison him. Then, I usually hide in shadows somewhere and wait or continue to pepper spellcasters with acid arrows. This time, I just waited near stairs, due to laziness.
At least, I may try F/T dual you suggested :)

V

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts
Even with the Frabjous re-roller, I’ve never had a roll like this one. Posted Image I left the re-roller running for 15-20 minutes whilst I had my lunch and this is what I got. The only thing that isn’t too good is the strength bonus. I once left the re-roller running whilst I was on holiday and didn't get anything like as good.

Diary of Holy Avenger: Lawful Good; Cavalier; Teifling Str 18/44; Dex 19; Con 18; Int 19; Wis 15; Cha 18.
Day 2
I have been ambushed four times by assassins. The first two times it was by rank amateurs and there was no real danger. The third time, Gorion was killed, and this last time I had to use magic in order to survive. Tarnesh was blinded and the guard then killed him for me. I then went looking for Joia’s ring.
Day 6
I recovered Joia’s ring and persuaded Leia to leave her husband’s house. I then helped Tenya against Sonner. She was quite pleased about it. I then returned Joia’s ring.
Day 8
I continued to Nashkel where I met Noober. Posted Imageand then Algernon who mistakenly offered me gold. Needless to say, I did not accept it.
Day 9
I then continued south to find Prism. We did our best to help him, but both he and Greywolf died. I blinded Greywolf and then killed him with the sword, one of them breaking in the process. I have been unable to find a replacement for my spare, so will have to return north to buy a new one.
Day 12
I went first to High Hedge, but no two-handed swords there. However there was a bag of holding which I bought. I put a sword belonging to someone called Perdue in it. If I meet him, I will return it. I then went to Beregost where there was a two-handed sword for sale in an inn there. I was accosted by an angry Marl, but managed to calm him down. I took a tome to Firebead and sorted out the Dudley family’s problems and after doing that am now at level 4.
Day 13
Heading south, I came across two ogrillon on the roadside. Having despatched them, I delivered a letter one of them was carrying. I was given a highly useful ring as a reward, one that could well save my life. I rested at an inn and was given another task, which was that of finding Perdue’s lost cloak.
Day 18
I found the cloak, but in the meantime Perdue had discovered that he was better off without it. I met a Flaming Fist mercenary who needs a course in anger management. Well he would have if he hadn’t died. Posted Image I killed an ogre with a belt fetish, and after clearing the spiders in Landrin’s home, went to give him the good news.
Day 22
I eventually decided to follow Gorion’s advice and pick up Khalid and Jaheira. I also picked up Xzar and Montaron and made our way to Nashkel. At the carnival I was quite pleased when we ran into two ogres who carried two-handed swords. Now I would not have to go all the way to the Friendly Arms Inn if my sword broke. That was good, but you can imagine how pleased I was when just north of the carnival I was attacked by an ogre carrying a two-handed sword +1. Now I don’t need to worry about breaking swords. I left Khalid and Jaheira there to start on the mines whilst Montaron, Xzar, and I went “shopping”.
Day 30
After our “shopping” expedition, I left Xzar and Montaron ait the beard and went south via Wyrm’s Crossing. There I was attacked by an Ankheg and was SERIOUSLY” wounded. I ran to the Friendly Arms Inn where I spent a lot of time recovering. I returned to the crossing and to my dismay found that the Ankheg had also recovered. However, on this occasion, my tactics were better. I cast blindness which failed so I ran and when far enough away slept. I returned and this time the blindness worked. I was then able to kill it without any damage at all.

Edited by Grimwald the Wise, 01 November 2011 - 09:46 AM.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Vessen the level 7 halfling cleric adventure continues...

First some old news, I forgot to upload a screenie. The party met up with 4 red wizards of Thay outdoors -- can anyone guess by now the tactic used against them? If you said 2x web plus 2x call lightning plus 2x silence you would be right!

We have finished the chapter 5 quests in the city of Baldur's Gate. Some battles of note:

Vessen vs. the Mountain Maulers - these guys were heavily outclassed. Batch of skeletons plus 6 black bears plus 2x fear wand plus tons of magic missiles meant certain death of the Maulers.

Vessen vs. Degrodel's initial minions - with massive buffs plus magic missiles, wand of heavens and magical ranged ammo, clear victory here.

I tried something new against Degrodel himself, however. Since I had so many summons who survived the fight, I sent them and Joshua to talk to Degrodel. The intent was to fight him, but somehow Degrodel talked to Joshua after Joshua attacked and took our Helm of Balduran -- oops. He also summoned like 3 battle horrors, all trained on Joshua and about 2 invisible stalkers. Due to the cramped quarters, it took the party forever to burn through the stalkers so that they could help Joshua through the Horrors. Fortunately, Joshua managed to gulp a few heal potions and use his LoH ability to keep alive long enough.

As for the fifth floor Iron Throne Sarevok acolytes, what do you think we did there? If you guessed 2x web, 2x fear wands, some black bears, magic missiles and 2 fighters with free action and assumed complete devastation of the enemy, you would be right!

Posted Image

Next up Candlekeep revisited...will my homecoming be peaceful? Tune in next update...

Edited by corey_russell, 01 November 2011 - 10:48 AM.

Vaclavc

Vaclavc
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Grimwald the Wise wrote...
Diary of Holy Avenger: Lawful Good; Cavalier; Teifling Str 18/44; Dex 19; Con 18; Int 19; Wis 15; Cha 18.

Tiefling Terminator :)
Good luck with your run!

corey_russell wrote...
The party met up with 4 red wizards of Thay outdoors -- can anyone guess by now the tactic used against them? If you said 2x web plus 2x call lightning plus 2x silence you would be right!

Nice spell combo. Do you cast web before or after they turn hostile?

V

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Vaclavc wrote...

Tiefling Terminator :)
Good luck with your run!

corey_russell wrote...
The party met up with 4 red wizards of Thay outdoors -- can anyone guess by now the tactic used against them? If you said 2x web plus 2x call lightning plus 2x silence you would be right!

Nice spell combo. Do you cast web before or after they turn hostile?

V

I cast everything after they turn hostile, I haven't been trying to attack from the fog of war this game, no need with 2x web incoming on the opponents.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Vessen the level 8 halfling cleric - Candlekeep Revisited

While visiting Candlekeep we found a monk studying a cat, which turned out to be a doppleganger. We tried to talk to Shistal, who also turned out to be a doppleganger. We didn't attack the Iron Throne leaders [because of both looting issues and monks usually turn hostile, which is potential reputation losses. I still have more purchases to make]

Turns out it didn't matter, because we got framed for killing them anyways. However, Tethoril was nice enough to port us away to the crypts. In this first level of the crypts, Uriah did great de-trapping/lockpicking (as is expected with his 100% scores). The wisdom tome went to Vessen, the strength tome went to Joshua. The mass of undead were defeated wtih 4x charges of necklace of missiles.

For the next level, Uriah borrowed the boots of avoidance and belt of piercing, then detrapped this level as well as destroying the skeletons in the center with his fireball wands. The individual dopplegangers were easily defeated, partly due to Joshua using the bastard sword, +3 vs. shapeshifters. For the greater dopplegangers, Paja summoned some bears and they attacked, with Uriah doing some ranged support such as slow. No problem here.

For Prat, Joshua did the usual anti-mage buffs, including potion of clarity and haste potion, then showed only himself and fired a huge onslaught of arrows of detonation. The enemies could cast nothing and after about 8 shots all of Prat's gang finally fell. The throwing axe went to Joshua.

Joshua then equipped the spider's bane, Hanna had her free action ring and together they cleared out the spiders in the area, getting Vessen to level 8 and Lily to level 9.

Lily then cast protection from petrification on Joshua, who then in turn took down the greater basilisks in the area.

After exiting the crypts our first order of business is the Hall of Wonders part of the City of Baldur's Gate. The reason being is I haven't got the book of wisdom from The Temple of the Lady yet. (I never needed to, as Lily pick-pocketed the geas scroll off Jalantha Mistmyr). Joshua went invisible and quickly got to the Temple with his haste boots and picked it up with his high CHA (20). A flaming fist appeared as he exited, but Joshua just ran to the party and gave the tome to Vessen, putting Vessen's WIS to 19.

We need to sell next, and for the first time ever in my no-reload runs, think I will be paying a visit to Durlag's tower to get the wisdom tome, think it is worth the risk in this case, since as long as no one gets chunked all party members are headed to Amn (well, assuming something happens at the end of this run).

Edited by corey_russell, 01 November 2011 - 03:24 PM.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Vaclavc wrote...

corey_russell wrote...
...did you try arrows of biting on him to interrupt his casting? He has quite a few spells (confusion also) that would be bad for a no-reloader.

Yes, I started with LMD to interrupt his first spell (usually Confusion), then arrows of biting to poison him. Then, I usually hide in shadows somewhere and wait or continue to pepper spellcasters with acid arrows. This time, I just waited near stairs, due to laziness.
At least, I may try F/T dual you suggested :)

V

Hopefully I won't need to act on this for a long time yet, but I already got my idea for my next character. If Vessen bites it, going to try a solo character. The plan will be a human fighter with something like STR 18/00 (but will settle for 18/75) DEX 18 CON 16 INT 11 (or 9 if necessary) WIS 17 CHA 17 stats -- I realize I likely will be rolling for a long time. Then at level 2 will dual to druid and he will be solo. This way I will level up strictly in druid (which is what I want), but can use things like large shields, full plate, fighter potions. I really like monster summoning II for druids in BG 1, and if I am solo, I can get to level 9 much sooner. But even monster summoning I will help quite a bit.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

corey_russell wrote...
Hopefully I won't need to act on this for a long time yet, but I already got my idea for my next character. If Vessen bites it, going to try a solo character. The plan will be a human fighter with something like STR 18/00 (but will settle for 18/75) DEX 18 CON 16 INT 11 (or 9 if necessary) WIS 17 CHA 17 stats -- I realize I likely will be rolling for a long time. Then at level 2 will dual to druid and he will be solo. This way I will level up strictly in druid (which is what I want), but can use things like large shields, full plate, fighter potions. I really like monster summoning II for druids in BG 1, and if I am solo, I can get to level 9 much sooner. But even monster summoning I will help quite a bit.

That is ambitious.  A score of 97 is a real rarity and even 95 takes quite a bit of getting!  If you get frustrated you could shave it a bit by accepting 16s in wisdom and charisma - both the charisma tome and the wisdom tome in Durlag's Tower are pretty easy to get at level 1 (though unless you like risks you'll need the potion of clarity from Candlekeep to get the wisdom one). 

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Grond0 wrote...

corey_russell wrote...

That is ambitious.  A score of 97 is a real rarity and even 95 takes quite a bit of getting!  If you get frustrated you could shave it a bit by accepting 16s in wisdom and charisma - both the charisma tome and the wisdom tome in Durlag's Tower are pretty easy to get at level 1 (though unless you like risks you'll need the potion of clarity from Candlekeep to get the wisdom one). 

If it's too hard to get will just use INT as as dump stat - since I'm vanilla, INT doesn't affect my use of scrolls. In BG 2 I can use potions of genius for scrolls, there's lots of them and certainly plenty for a solo character. I had to do this in my all paladin run when my loremaster got chunked by Thaxxsyllyia, and they did fine. You are right the CHA tome is easy to get fairly early, but no way I could get the wisdom tome level 1 (you might be able to, but I would die to a trap I am sure, I dont' know Durlag's well enough).

EDIT: I know the roll is possible, I can remember getting 96 before, and lots of 92's. If necessary, will drop the STR to 14 (because with the tome, that will be enough to wear full plate in SoA).

Edited by corey_russell, 01 November 2011 - 08:56 PM.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

corey_russell wrote...
You are right the CHA tome is easy to get fairly early, but no way I could get the wisdom tome level 1 (you might be able to, but I would die to a trap I am sure, I dont' know Durlag's well enough).

There are no traps on the direct route through Durlag's Tower to the wisdom tome.  The only potential problems are the battle horrors and doppleganger on the way into the tower itself - but it's easy enough to just avoid these.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Grond0 wrote...

corey_russell wrote...
You are right the CHA tome is easy to get fairly early, but no way I could get the wisdom tome level 1 (you might be able to, but I would die to a trap I am sure, I dont' know Durlag's well enough).

There are no traps on the direct route through Durlag's Tower to the wisdom tome.  The only potential problems are the battle horrors and doppleganger on the way into the tower itself - but it's easy enough to just avoid these.

That's what I'm saying Grond0, I don't know the direct route. I would need to check every chest, every hallway, every room, to find the tome again (not to mention survive the monsters), and there are traps on the way, I know that much I've ran into them when I explored it (not no-reload). No biggie, if I can't create the character wil do something else, thanks for your advice/suggestions, though.

After5CST

After5CST
  • Members
  • 171 posts

Even with the Frabjous re-roller...

OK, I gotta ask.  Where do you get this re-roller?

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

corey_russell wrote...

Grond0 wrote...

corey_russell wrote...

That's what I'm saying Grond0, I don't know the direct route. I would need to check every chest, every hallway, every room, to find the tome again (not to mention survive the monsters), and there are traps on the way, I know that much I've ran into them when I explored it (not no-reload). No biggie, if I can't create the character wil do something else, thanks for your advice/suggestions, though.

Grond0 - I see what you are saying a level 1 can go straight for the WIS tome presuming they can survive the dire charm trap (nasty for a soloer), but I don't see how a low level druid will survive or even escape the battle horrors, the road is a bit cramped there and very few invisibility potions in Vanilla BG 1.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Vessen the Level 8 Halfling Cleric - FINAL Update

So it's time to get evidence and challenge Sarevok at the palace. Battles of note:

* Cynthrandria - 16 skeletons with bless/chant/haste moved in then she talked to us. We did ranged fire and the battle was quickly over
* Slythe and Krystin - a dispel magic removes lots of Slythe's bite, and magic missiles/wand of heavens finishes him. Krystin goes invisible, Paja summons some wolves at her last known location and when Krystin shows herself, she gets hit with ranged fire and bitten by wolves - she casts no more spells.
* Duchal Palace - the ranged party members moved to the right, the melees moved to the center when we were finished preparing. We summoned some bears, war dogs and skeletons and opened the battle with a dispel magic. Then ranged fire/wand of heavens finished the Dopplegangers off, both Dukes survived. Sarevok ran like a coward.
* Thieve's Maze - not much to comment about, the skeleton warriors, jellies and traps were no match for the party

Iron Throne Undercity Party - Joshua was well protected with buffs and fired some arrows of detonation. This wasn't real effective however. So he ran away and fired +1 arrows at the Ogre while running back to the party (man that Ogre has a ton of HP). Once the party saw the Ogre they pumped wand of heavens and magic missiles into him - that finished him. Joshua then went back and fired some more arrows of detonation, and with the last mage up, he used his +1 arrows to finish off the mage.

Tamoko could not survive party's ranged fire.

Here are our stats going into the final battle with my "brother". You can see how I distributed tthe tomes. Only mistake I think I made was not giving Hanna the INT tome (forgot she was going to dual).
Joshua's Final BG 1 Character Sheet
Hanna's Final BG 1 Character Sheet
Paja's Final BG 1 Character Sheet
Lily's Final BG 1 Character Sheet
Vessen's Final BG 1 Character Sheet
Uriah's Final BG 1 Character Sheet

Here is my preparation for Sarevok:
Posted Image

Thought I would try something new. I had Uriah have haste potion and MGoI up and he moved to the left and dispel magiced out of sight. I then wanted him to malison/confusion from scroll but ran into a hitch - from SCROLL at least you must target an enemy not the ground (via spell you don't need that for confusion) -- oops. Well, having said 1, gotta say 2. Joshua moved into range and fired confusion, which it seemed all the enemies saved. It also brought ALL of Sarevok's cronies into the battle. What to do?

Semaj answered this question for us - concentrate fire on Semaj - remember that dispel magic earlier? He has no protections so he was the first to go down.

Uriah was still at the left sight in visual sight of Sarevok and Angelo. He was immune to Angelo's fire, fortunately. Uriah cast malison and web and started emptying his spell book on Angelo - Angelo thwarted this somewhat by going improved invisible, so he can't be targeted. Sarevok started moving toward the party, Angelo was destroying the summons (but not the party) with his arrows of detonation, and Tazok was real close to the party - time to mow Tazok down - he can't take much apparently.

Posted Image

Angelo got caught in Uriah's web and so was...Sarevok! Party refreshed summons around Sarevok, which Angelo promptly dispatched with his arrows of detonation -- that was fine by us, that meant they weren't hurting the party. I thought Sarevok would advance, but thanks to the malison, he was still caught in Uriah's web! The party unloaded everything they had into him from ranged, the arcane casters had their spell book nearly completely empty...

Just before the end, Angelo fired at a summon...a fire arrow! Oh, out of the good stuff, eh? Good news for us! But didn't matter as right then Sarevok was killed.

Posted Image

Whole party is moving to Amn (this is a multi-player party).

*** thoughts about this run ***
Having a bard and druid in the group was very handy. The IDing of so much stuff saved us so much money (or endless rests in inns). Paja's call lightnings, entangles were effective. The bear summons were a lot of fun. The usual strategy outside against enemy parties of 2x web/2x call lightning/2x silence was always devasting...will have to see if the same is true in BG 2.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
Congrat again Corey!

See you in Amn. :)

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts
Congratulations Corey. Well done.Posted Image

After5CST wrote...

Even with the Frabjous re-roller...

OK, I gotta ask.  Where do you get this re-roller?

I've had a look, but so far cannot find it. Posted Image I had a link to it in the old forums, but they appear to have disappeared completely. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image If they haven't please can somebody tell me how to get to them.

Edited by Grimwald the Wise, 02 November 2011 - 05:31 AM.

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts
Diary of Holy Avenger Continued.

Forgot to mention that when I said that I was SERIOUSLY hurt, I was down to 1 HP.

Day 36
I was sent to deal with the problem of Bassilus, and whilst doing that, helped Melicamp also. Bassilus was not the problem that the Morninglord intimated. I have now ordered some Ankheg Plate Armour, so I am relatively poor again.
Day 41
Took on the strongest man there is without the benefit of ranged weapons and won! I then moved on to the coast where I helped a boy trapped by worgs, though I didn’t go to pick up the reward as his mother was obviously poor. I took on three sirens, and after killing two got confused. Fortunately I fought from time to time whilst in that state and defeated the sirene and the hobgoblins who took advantage of my confused state to attack me. This brought me up to level 6. After sleeping and healing myself a few times, I took on some carrion crawlers and won. Again I slept and then took on three more sirenes, this time without too much difficulty. I then plundered the cave, running from the flesh golems inside. One followed me outside, so I attacked it. It proved to be tougher than I anticipated, so I ran and healed myself, sleeping and healing until I was back to full health. I may try fighting it again when I am a little stronger, or have better armour. I was rarely attacked whilst sleeping, and then only by weak enemies. I then went south and helped an archaeologist. I slept and healed myself again, but was attacked by a dread wolf before I was given the chance to do so. I then saw Brage back to the temple in Nashkel.
Day 43
With the help of Oublek, I fought a baby wyvern in Nashkel. Sadly Oublek died. I then returned to Nashkel to see if my Ankheg Armour was ready. It wasn’t, so I went shopping at High Hedge. On my return to Beregost the armour still wasn’t ready, so I have come in search of those half-ogres that Bjornin told me about.
Day 46
I have dealt with those half-ogres and returned to Beregost. I am now the proud owner of Ankheg Plate.
Day 47
I went Ankheg hunting which went very well at first. I cleared the nest and then helped farmer Brun. However I then needed healing so I slept. I was awoken by an Ankheg which attacked me. I killed it, but it had wounded me so I slept again. Again I was attacked in my sleep by an Ankheg. Upon fighting it, two more Ankheg attacked me. I had almost killed one of them when I was seriously wounded and had to leave the area just to survive. I opted to go to the Friendly Arms Inn where I will be able to recover.
Day 49
I spent two days healing myself and will now return.
Day 51
On returning, the bandits that I wiped out on my first visit had been replaced. They were easily dealt with, but the next group were backed up by two Ankheg. Why they weren’t attacked, I don’t know. That group were a bit harder to deal with and I had to return to the Friendly Arms for recuperation, though this time not as a matter of urgency.
Day 52
Again the bandits were replaced. Do they have an inexhaustible supply of manpower I wonder? At least they were no problem to me. I then killed six more Ankheg before going to Wyrm’s Crossing to heal myself.
Day 59
I cleared the area of Ankheg and then cleared the area to the south of bandits, gibbering and suchlike, finishing up where I met Bassilus. By doing this I have reached level 7. I then headed for Nashkel where I bought a necklace of magic missiles and a scroll of protection from petrification. I sold a lot of swords to do this and now have one gold piece to my name. However, I am now well equipped.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Thanks all! It was a fun run, actually. Having characters I WANT in the party (rather than just making do with the NPCs Bioware set for me) does make a difference for me.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Another nice run Corey - gotta love those skeletons!