Baldur's Gate 1 No-Reload Challenge

• Please log in to reply
16394 replies to this topic

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts
PUKUD7;
@BBMorti; Well done... I enjoyed watching how you got past the palace fight! :wub:

Week 7; I desired more fire power & decided that the ability to toss lightning would give me a nice edge, so I trekked off to Durlag's Tower. 'Invisibility' got me past the guards outside then I delivered some hair for Kirinhale to get my level 6 (33 hit points)… Riggilo was a prate anyway. I picked up my wisdom tome but the chest with the lightning rod was locked (opps)… don’t panic, the ankheg cave at Fishing Village all ways seems to have a wand but it turned out to be another fire starter, Bugger.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

After scratching my head a bit I came up with a new strategy (I was confident this time) and set off to visit my kindred in Gullykin. SCS makes clearing the Firewine Ruins a bit dicey (especially if you allow the kobolds to distract you) but I had the Ogre Mage on the ropes until I noticed Lendarn casting ‘Web’… “Have you ever noticed how everything seems to freeze when you’re fighting a tough battle(?)” anyway, time to leave. Fortunately no one followed me out although the owner of the house I emerged into got a bit stroppy with me however the tunnel is only one way (an SCS thing) so I decided to rest up before re-entering the ruins from the hidden door below the winery. I dispatched the mage/ lackeys with fireballs… “Burn baby burn” but Lendran hid from me. I could hear him buffing up & had a good idea of his spell book now so I used my familiar to ferret out his ‘Web’ then punished him for picking on my little buddy with a gang bang (3 monster summon shots)… Wow nice loot, the stupid bugger was only foxing. After all the trouble I went through to get these scrolls I didn’t feel like leaving the scribes to chance so  I returned to the fair and purchased myself a red potion (sets intelligence to 25 for a day).

The Bandit camp is still plagued by the follow the leader scripting bug (a feasibly game breaking SCS issue) so I had to cut my losses and settle for just clearing the command tent. I added protection from poison (scroll) & potion of freedom/absorbtion to my prebuff list for this battle then opened with ‘Web’ followed by ‘Lightning’ & mopped that up with 6 ‘Fireball’ shots (necklace of missiles) before giving Sai his freedom & picking the eyes out of the loot. I still had most my buffs up when I walked out of the tent stealthed & managed to kill Credus & Taugosz before the game bugged out on me & I did briefly consider collecting his plate armour (to sell) but decided against risking it… if you allow yourself to get trapped against terrain they will surround you and that’s the end of your game unless you can survive breaking stealth amongst 30-40 buffed up bandits.

Edited by ussnorway, 15 November 2011 - 01:55 AM.

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts
Diary of Æthelflæd and Holy Avenger continued.
Day 80
We went through the mine easily until we met Mulahey. He "held" both Gavin and myself. Holy Avenger acted very wisely. He moved away from me, taking most of the enemy with him. However one stayed to attack me. Holy Avenger then used his only long range weapon, “Holy Smite” to kill him, and then dealt with the others. His way to the kobold commandoes was blocked by other enemies, so he did get hurt by them. However, he soon dispatched all of them. I was left with only 12 HP by the end of the battle. Xan then joined the group. [I was a bit disappointed by the level that he was at, I was expecting it to be one level higher, but that will change in time.] We slept and healed ourselves before returning to Beregost. Gavin and I are getting on together quite well. He was particularly pleased when I agreed to go to sleep at an inn, and also by my reaction to his clumsiness. Elminster also seems to be quite pleased by our progress.

Vaclavc

Vaclavc
  • Members
  • 179 posts
Great work, ussnorway and Grimwald!

Here is another attempt of mine to finish the game with solo Diviner on maximum difficulty:

Posted Image

Prior the departure from Candlekeep, Zulekyr donated hefty sum of money to Church of Oghma, hoping that favor of God of Knowledge might help him in the journey :)
After death of Gorion, Zulekyr took Imoen back to Candlekeep and left her in the care of Gatekeeper.
Then he basically retraced steps of my previous attempts. He traveled through High Hedge to Beregost, completing easy quests and killing minor monsters. When advanced to level 3, Zulekyr headed north and defeated Ogre with belt fetish. He is currently near Friendly Arm Inn.
He is level 3 Diviner with 13HP.

V

Edited by Vaclavc, 15 November 2011 - 05:31 PM.

The Fred

The Fred
  • Members
  • 2,516 posts
Ouch Str 5? Worse, Dex 7?

The travels of Arzamraphel, Avenger.
We did finally head down to the mines, via the carnival, where we killed the Amazing Oopah and a crazy mage man (though unfortunately not before he killed his victim - we did repatriate her belongings, mind). We also killed a baby wyvern on the loose in Nashkel.

Outside the mines, I found some magical armour in a tree hollow. Now, I thought to myself "Heh, it's probably that Studded Leather of Missile Attraction or something" as I had Jaheira put it on. It was. The armour is actually pretty decent - she had AC 1 as a result, but it was something like +8 overall vs missile. Well, if I hadn't been heading into a den of kobolds with bows, maybe I would just have left it, but back it was to get it removed. Luckily it sold for more than the removal cost, so "sini plenic piscis".

The mines themselves were going OK until the narrow trapped bit on the third level. I had a whole lot of Kobolds Webbed up down there, which let us kill a good number of them manageably, but when some broke out I messed up a bit and hit Jaheira with an otherwise largely ineffective Colour Spray. She was then shot down with fire arrows by commandos who broke free from the Web. In the end I remembered Khalid was L5, and just nuked the hell out of them with Fireball.

So, we headed back to get Jaheira fixed up, but guess what we ran into on the way? More kobolds - an ambush on the way to Nashkel. Arzamraphel and Khalid C-Orbed the two Commandos, but Khalid's was interrupted and he had a morale failure (on 10 hp). Arzamraphel couldn't cast for another round, so though he quickly finished off the other one with C-Orb, by this time, Khalid was dead. They also had two other archers, so his odds weren't good. Arzamraphel then summoned a nymph and went to town on the others, but couldn't carry all of Khalid's stuff. I managed to keep the most important stuff, but lost a wyvern head, a winter wolf pelt, some mage robes, some bits and pieces of armour (helmets, leather armour, shield etc), a bunch of poisoned kobold daggers, and a few other bits. Gutting, especially since I travelled back but couldn't find it again.

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts
Diary of Æthelflæd and Holy Avenger continued.
Day 82

We returned to Nashkel to give Joseph’s ring to his widow. We also killed yet another assassin. We spoke to the mayor who rewarded us handsomely and then set off back towards Beregost. I was quite pleased by the attentions of Gavin. He actually kissed me, which for a man as shy as Gavin is quite impressive. As soon as we left Nashkel, we were accosted by Lamatha and Zeela and were forced to kill them.
[What I want to know is where their friends are. Firstly I want their armour, secondly I want the experience, and thirdly I don’t want to be attacked unexpectedly.]
{Found that I couldn’t save or sleep, so they are there somewhere. I will therefore return to Nashkel and allow Gavin to memorise a remove invisibility spell}

Day 92
When we returned, I found that the remove invisibility spell was not required as I was attacked by the thieves.
[ I realised afterwards that a “Holy Smite” spell would probably have brought them out of hiding.]
We then helped some ogresses with dietary problems and after that helped Xan rescue some elven slaves. As Kivan seemed to want to take on Tazok we allowed him into our party on a temporary basis. { It meant a loss of experience, but I really wanted to help him.} We took on the camp and defeated everybody with the use of web. We were completely surprised by meeting Molkar outside the tent. However, we were already buffed and he was no problem. { The version that I am using of SCS is completely different from the other ones that I have used.} Gavin’s sister left him with a sketchbook, and he is really enamoured of me.

Edited by Grimwald the Wise, 16 November 2011 - 07:45 AM.

BBMorti

BBMorti
  • Members
  • 142 posts
Posted Image

And so she stroke down Sarevok :)
I will be making a final decision on who to give a shot, first, in the bg2 no-reload thread.. I might need a break from all this backstabbing so it will likely be Morti the Cleric/Mage but I will see...

May things run butter smooth for you guys here, will keep watching the progresses with interest and I will hopefully see you all in amn!

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts
@BBMorti: Congrats, great run! Good luck in Amn with whoever you choose :happy:
@Vaclavc: Have fun and good luck with Zulekyr! Hope to see him in Amn someday :happy:

@All active no-reloaders: Keep Rockin'!

Edited by Serg BlackStrider, 16 November 2011 - 01:50 PM.

The Fred

The Fred
  • Members
  • 2,516 posts
Nice work!

The travels of Arzamraphel, Avenger.
The kobolds in the mines continued to present a nuisance, but I won't bore you with the details since it was nothing a good Fireball couldn't sort out (both at the end of the third level, where a Web was used to great effect, and at the start of the fourth, where Jaheira scouted out the best place to lob it unseen).

The battle with Mulahey was more interesting, and lagged quite considerably once things started kicking off. Jaheira had summoned some skeletons, and we'd buffed with Chant and Defensive Harmony (and for Kahlid, Blur and Shield). I'd also summoned a Nymph. Jaheira went in stealthed but Mulahey must have heard something since he came out to us, and things got going.

The main clincher here was the Nymph's Confusion, which threw all the opposition into disarray. Our skeletons were making a nice wall between the kobolds and Mulahey's skeletons, too, so I didn't need to worry about them. Khalid had some issues but managed to put Mirror Image up, and Colour Spray all but one of the Kobolds. Meanwhile, Arzamraphel and his hired hand were fleeing from the Kobold Elites, but he still managed to stun Mulahey with a Chromatic Orb. Since two of the Elites were confused, he managed to pick them off with darts - though the Nymph threw in a Hold Person for good measure. Khalid got a bit injured, but Jaheira managed to kill the one Kobold he'd missed. She did get poisoned, but it wasn't severe.

To be on the safe side, I cast Summon Insects at the stunned and confused Mulahey, whilst K&J and the skellies mopped up his minions. Then the Nymph threw on a Hold Person for good measure, but Jaheira finished him off before she could get the Miscast Magic on too. To be honest, he didn't have a hope of coming back, but I figured I may as well lower his chances from tiny to... even tinier.

We then picked up the loot (Mulahey had a few nice pieces thanks to the item randomiser) and Xan. He's a Sorcerer, who had Blindness and Charm Person, and levelled to L6. I picked Armour and Magic Missile for his other L1 spells, Mirror Image and Glitterdust for L2, and Monster Summoning I for L3. However, after killing Nimbul in Nashkel, we said our farewells. Thinking I would get her earlier, I changed Imoen to a Sorcerer, and I'd rather use her than Xan (better Dex and Con by far). I think I will pick her up before the Bandit Camp (though she'll probably get similar spell picks). With hindsight I should have planned Xan's picks in case I ended up with both of them at some point, but I imagine he'll be the backup in case she bites the dust.

The Fred

The Fred
  • Members
  • 2,516 posts
I did indeed pick up Imoen, who got almost the same spell picks (in the end I decided to go with Monster Summoning I as it's more generally useful, but switched Glitterdust for Horror since she has Blindness).

We also dealt with Molkar and his band. Whereas the Amazonians' use of poison and stealth might make them tricky, these guys were fairly manageable since their melee guys could be avoided and the spellcasters weren't hard to deal with for a party of four. Things did get a bit more interesting when a Cave Bear joined the fray, but a Chromatic Orb put it out of action. They also got off an Animate Dead and a Charm Person (or maybe Dire Charm) on Khalid, but both were more of a nuisance than an actual threat.

However, after then dealing with Tranzig, I found that the bandit camp hasn't actually shown up on my map. I might have to track down one of the groups in the forest to get in, since despite having Tranzig's letter and having travelled through both woods, I can't find it.

Anyway, the team at the moment:
Arzamraphel, True Neutral Half-Elven Male Avenger L7 (not far to L8!)
AC: 2, HP: 42
Darts, Scimitar +1

Jaheira, Neutral Good Half-Elven Female Cleric 5 (almost 6) / Stalker 5
AC: 4, HP: 42
Sling +1/Bullets, Ashideena (War Hammer +2)

Khalid, Neutral Good Half-Elven Male Fighter 5 / Invoker 5
AC: 4, HP: 42
Throwing Daggers, Katana

Imoen, Neutral Good Human Female Sorcerer 6
AC: 6, HP: 27
Darts, Quarterstaff
L1: Blindness, Colour Spray, Magic Missile, Shield
L2: Mirror Image, Horror
L3: Monster Summoning I

Vaclavc

Vaclavc
  • Members
  • 179 posts

The Fred wrote...
Ouch Str 5? Worse, Dex 7?

It is not that bad. STR5 is plenty for a wizard (he can carry 15 lbs) and in all my three solo wizard runs, DEX7 was not a problem, either.
The REAL problem usually lies in lack of attention and concentration on my part.
Good luck with Arzamraphel !

Serg BlackStrider wrote...
@Vaclavc: Have fun and good luck with Zulekyr! Hope to see him in Amn someday Posted Image

Thanks, Serg. I would really like to make it finally through BG1 with a wizard. We shall see :devil:

Adventures of half-elven Diviner Zulekyr:
In Friendly Arm Inn, Zulekyr sneaked invisible around Tarnesh to collect reward from Landrin.
Next, he travelled north to Anheg infested area and Wyrm Crossing, where he protected priestess of Umberlee Tenya from fishermen.
In High Hedge, Zulekyr helped to save Melicamp (his transformation was successful). In area with Drizzt, Zulekyr killed four Half-Ogres and returned to Beregost to collect reward from Bjornin.
Zulekyr then headed to Nashkel. He defeated assassin Neira and endured conversation with Noober.
Posted Image

In Nashkel mines area, Zulekyr killed bounty hunter Greywolf and returned back to Nashkel to collect reward for emeralds and Joseph’s greenstone ring.
Zulekyr is currently level 5 Diviner with 20 hp.

@BBMorti: congrats, may I humbly vote for continuation of this run in SoA? I would really like to see solo (or party) assassin run.

V

Edited by Vaclavc, 16 November 2011 - 06:51 PM.

The Fred

The Fred
  • Members
  • 2,516 posts
After killing Raiken and his group, we found the location of the bandit camp. Man is that place heavy under SCS.

We summoned a double batch of skeletons and buffed up. Things started slow, and we were pummelling bandits, caught in Web, Stinking Cloud and Entangle for a long time. With hindsight that could have been handled a bit better in various little ways, but still, we did OK - it's just that the tougher bandits are quite hard to kill. They seem to have more health, and a lot of them have healing potions. Khalid Fireballed the group twice and many of them survived.

When the guys from the tent got involved, we had to make a fighting retreat. We almost got Venkt with Magic Missiles etc but had to flee right back to the edge of the map. I killed Britik with a Lightning Bolt (which I aimed so it carried on through some bandits) and a critical from Khalid, cast Summon Insects on Venkt and fled north. I had to glug a couple of potions here - really I should just have fled, but by stalling I was able to give the insects long enough to finish him off.

We threw the last of our spells and various missiles at the bandits chasing us, but though we were able to kill one or two minions, Raemon and Venkt were hot on our heels and not injured enough to finish off - bear in mind I used *every single spell* in this fight.

So, he who fight and runs away lives to fight another day. At least, unless he's assassinated by Amazonians outside the FAI. Man, I ran so damn fast, Lamalha didn't even go hostile. When I got back after resting, I actually had to go and speak to her to start the fight.

This one was a little dodgy, since Arzamraphel got backstabbed for 30 damage. That's a bit close for comfort, especially when an archer starts firing at you. However, aside from that, it was actually pretty easy. Jaheira and her skellies took care of Lamalha, the cleric one was stunned with a C-Orb, and the other two were ultimately killed by summoned creatures (though a Blindness from Imoen helped).

These guys had a few nice potions, but no other real loot to speak of. I'm gonna rest up and see if I can't finish the bandit camp off in a single further assault.

The Fred

The Fred
  • Members
  • 2,516 posts
Finished off the bandit camp. It looks as though I lost Venkt's loot, and I think Britik's, but never mind. The others had some good stuff on them, including some neat bracers, a large shield +1, a whole bunch of potions, and of course Hakt's bow. This time was much easier since we'd taken such a large bite out of the number of foes last time. Raemon was various disabled through much of the fight by Chomatic Orb, Horror, Command and Blindness, then finished off rather near the end. I pushed on without resting, which was a mistake, so fell back and had the nymph heal us before resting as I should have done in the first place. Then it was only really Taugosz left to deal with, and with skeletons and a Command spell to give us some breathing space, we just chained C-Orb at him until he failed a save (second time).

Khalid almost died at the hands of the lightning bolt trap, but only because I had him dodge the wrong way as it bounced off a tent wall (how it does that I don't know). The Boots of Grounding saved his life.

So, on to Chapter 4. Already got the Bhaalspawn power. Now it's down to Beregost to sell off some stuff, and then off to adventure a bit before facing the Cloakwood. A few antidotes might be in order too.

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts
Diary of Æthelflæd
Day 94

Before picking up the goodies in the tent, we returned to Beregost to deal with Tranzig. And then returned . I knew that Gavin loved me, but now he has proposed marriage and I have accepted his proposal. He hasn’t mentioned going to see his parents, but I believe that it is only proper. I just wish that I could take him to see mine. We then returned to Beregost and have discovered that a key that I found in the bandit camp opens the door to Lady Valeria’s home. Let’s hope that I can solve the problem of the missing townsfolk.
Day 102
I was dismayed when we were unable to save Xan when Lady Valeria smote him with an acid arrow spell. Fortunately the temple has more power than we have, and did it for us, though at an extravagant price. Lady Valeria did not have long to gloat however, as she was also killed, but without somebody to raise her from the dead. We continued clearing out the bandits south of the camp and returned to Beregost. Poor Gavin has been having great difficulty in restraining his passion as have I, but it is worth it. Having learned how to control ourselves now, will make it that much easier to resist temptation if we are ever tempted to stray when we are married.
Day 110
After this we picked up Khalid and Jaheira before seeing what was going on in Cloakwood. We rescued Beador, but in the process,  Jaheira was killed by lightning strike. We then went to raise her which fortunately was quite cheap. [This was because Shadowkeeper has changed the settings that I had. Khalid and Jaheira were at a much lower level than they would have been before installing it.]

The Fred

The Fred
  • Members
  • 2,516 posts

Grimwald the Wise wrote...
I just wish that I could take him to see mine.

You really don't.
:whistle:

Vaclavc

Vaclavc
  • Members
  • 179 posts
Zulekyr explored Cloudpeak mountains. He met evil child Albert and helped him to find his equally evil pet Ruffie.

Posted Image

Zulekyr defeated two bandits Zal and Vax, helped Cloudpeak Dryad, found drowned cat belonging to Drienne and cleared Xvart village.
In Gnoll Fortress, Zulekyr obtained Gauntlets of Dexterity and tome increasing charisma. Zulekyr cleared surrounding areas, looted pirate cave near Lighthouse and cured commander Brage.
Next, Zulekyr traveled east of Beregost temple. He killed numerous basilisks and defeated mad illusionist Mutamin.

Posted Image

Upon advacing to level 7, Zulekyr started to investigate Nashkel mine, where he found and killed cleric Mulahey.

Posted Image

Back in Nashkel, he killed assassin Nimbul and in Beregost he defeated Tranzig and learned about location of Bandit camp.
Zulekyr is currently level 7 Diviner with 31 hp.

V

After5CST

After5CST
  • Members
  • 171 posts
Introducing Toil, H M Berserker 18-94/17/17/17/15/3

Toil was was taught by one of the less... positive... influences in Candlekeep in fighting two-handed with daggers. As a gift for completion, his trainer gave him a Dagger of Venom (yes I know, a cheat). Toil swore to use always use the dagger: the only other weapons he will ever wield will be in his other hand.

Toil has progressed relatively quickly. Avoiding Imoen, he added Xzar, Montaron, and Viconia early, with little trouble. Finishing quick tasks along the way (Joia / Marl / Firebead ) he has now reached the outskirts of Nashkel and also increased his abilities (to level 2).

Despite being chaotic good in nature, the corrupting influence of his party (and possibly of the dagger itself) may lead him down a darker path. Flashes of that have already been seen since both his plate mail and Montaron's came from slain members of the Flaming Fist.

(Game note: in exchange for the Dagger of Venom, I will not be selling any non-magical weapons or armor throughout the game. It's making equipping my characters a bit tougher here in the early going, but I wanted to try a different concept).

Edited by After5CST, 17 November 2011 - 05:53 PM.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
Good luck with Toil!

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could Dual-Wield Firetooth and the Bommerang Dagger? Slicing stuff up in melee with the APR bonuses and then tossing them around the room when the fancy strikes? If that worked, I'd definitely do Dagger Swashbuckler.

If Toil makes it to SoA, I'd be interested in seeing whether he can get mileage out of the Stiletto and and Pixie ****** on hit effects.

Anyhoo. Enjoy!

Best,

A.

The Fred

The Fred
  • Members
  • 2,516 posts
Yeah, shame the only dagger worth having in BG1 is probably the Dagger of Venom. There are one or two other nice ones, but you'd be better off with a more damaging sword (or better yet something like Spider's Bane).

The Fred

The Fred
  • Members
  • 2,516 posts
Just another small update this time.

We sold some stuff, gave Taerom the tainted ore, killed Silke, then headed up to Cloakwood. I'd planned on siding with Aldeth, but Seniyad gave us a quest instead of fighting (I think the NPC project, and having Jaheira in the group), so I tentatively headed up to the spider area. A couple of Dread Wolves on the way gave Arzamraphel enough XP to reach L8, so hooray!

We were ambushed en route by ettercaps, and with Jaheira having upgraded to Studded Leather +1 I wasn't sure she'd survive making a break for it. I tried to C-Orb the ettercaps but they made all their saves. However, summoned creatures and Glitterdust made them a bit more manageable. Jaheira did get hit a few times, but only poisoned once, and I cured it thanks to Cure Affliction.

In the spider area itself, with no C-Orbs left, I was ready to run when a Phase Spider popped up (damn SCS Harder Spiders!). However, Jaheira used Command on it, which gave us a bit of space, and a Call Lightning from Arzamraphel left it easy to finish off. I engaged a few of the huge spiders without triggering the trap, too, and used Horror and Entangle to keep them under control, but then the ettercaps got involved, so after Khalid Fireballed the spiders, we fled.

Given how much easier I found the bandit camp this time around compared with last, I have high hopes for Ch 4. However, I think adventuring around a bit before doing the spider area might be wise. Certainly I should buy a few more antidotes.

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts

The Fred wrote...

Grimwald the Wise wrote...
I just wish that I could take him to see mine.

You really don't.
:whistle:

He doesn't know who his father is yet remember!

Diary of Æthelflæd
Day 114
We returned and fought some druids near the tree house. Again Jaheira was killed and we had to go to get her raised. We went inside and this time Gavin, Xan and Jaheira were all killed. Again we went to the temple! Andarthe and a druid from Cloakwood are there but aren’t talking. Maretha isn’t there! [I think that the problem may be that at a crucial time either silence had been cast, or Jaheira was dead. Any ideas what to do next? Create maretha perhaps? Or does SCS change things and I have to find her elsewhere?]

Edited by Grimwald the Wise, 18 November 2011 - 05:15 AM.

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts
The quest cannot progress if Jaheria is dead… also be warned that The BG1 NPC project is partially incompatible with older SCS because they both change the Archdruid in the Tree Fort. I seem to remember having to install npc after scs because of this conflict (alternately you could just not allow SCS to update that fight for the same result) there are two Shadow Archdruids: Amarande and Andarthe... her quest veritables are listed here.

Edited by ussnorway, 18 November 2011 - 08:33 AM.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
@ The Fred- Weapon choice is definitely a function of playing style. Given my approach, I'd strongly prefer the Dagger of Venom or even Heart of the Golem to say, Spider's Bane due to speed considerations.

That said, most enemies in BG1 have poor enough THACOs to allow a low AC + slow metal approach to work just fine. And if you opt for that route, I can definitely see why you'd prefer a high damage, slow speed sword to, say, the Dagger of Venom in BG1.

Continued good luck to all! Hope to see more people in Amn soon!

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts

ussnorway wrote...

The quest cannot progress if Jaheria is dead… also be warned that The BG1 NPC project is partially incompatible with older SCS because they both change the Archdruid in the Tree Fort. I seem to remember having to install npc after scs because of this conflict (alternately you could just not allow SCS to update that fight for the same result) there are two Shadow Archdruids: Amarande and Andarthe... her quest veritables are listed here.

Thanks for the help.Posted Image
I have killed both the Shadow Archdruids and since the person I am trying to save isn't there, I just said goodbye to Khalid and Jaheira and am leaving that quest undone. Posted Image
I have then gone on to the mines.

I will change the set-up for my next game to avoid incompatabilities.

Edited by Grimwald the Wise, 18 November 2011 - 10:36 AM.

Vaclavc

Vaclavc
  • Members
  • 179 posts
After5CST, good luck with Toil. Dagger of venom is always weapon of choice for my thieves. Great for mage slaying, too.

Alesia_BH wrote...
Given my approach, I'd strongly prefer the Dagger of Venom or even Heart of the Golem to say, Spider's Bane due to speed considerations.

I also consider speed to be more important than damage.

Zulekyr spent some time hunting dangerous monsters, namely Sirines (Protection from Evil, Mirrors Image, Skull Trap, Magic Missiles)
Posted Image

Flesh Golems (Shield, Mirror Image, Darts of Wounding)
Posted Image

and Battle Horrors (Mirror Image, Skull Trap, Magic Missiles).
Posted Image

He also completed several quests, such as saving Dynaheir, finding Statue of Kozah or helping Kirinhale.
Upon advancing to level 9, Zulekyr headed to Bandit Camp. Invisible, he entered Tazok‘s tent and killed guards inside. Prior to the fight, he drank Oil of Speed and Potion of Absorption. He cast Shield, Resist Fear and Mirror Image on himself and started to pound enemies with Lightning Bolts, Skull Traps and Magic Missiles.
Posted Image

Next, Zulekyr traveled to Cloakwood. He helped Aldeth to defeat Druids and found Cloak of Non-detection belonging to Ghurke.
In Cloakwood mine area, Zulekyr defeated mercenaries guarding the entrance. Inside the mine, he cloudkilled Hareishan and her retinue. Davaeorn himself fell victim to Skulltraps and Magic Missiles.
Zulekyr is level 9 Diviner with 40 hp.

V

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts
It’s been quite a while Wise but isn’t the one you need to save supposed to be in the next map area i.e. s/w corner of the Cloakwood Wyverns map near where the Hamadryad normally hags out?