Photo

Baldur's Gate 1 No-Reload Challenge

• Please log in to reply
16394 replies to this topic

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Hmm, well Grond0/Gate70, grats on taking down Sarevok, sorry to hear about your self-killing. I never cast spells at the clone, and only use melee/ranged fire. Best of luck your next attempts.

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts
Carthusian XII continues the tradition of ignoring low-xp enemies. The session this evening saw him grab a couple of magical tomes then clear the basilisks as Korax snacked on Mutamin. There was enough backpack space to kill Peter and Lindin. After an equipment sale Carthusian returned to finish off Kirian and Baerin before scavenging their equipment too. Meilum and Greywolf were picked off afterwards.

Six sirines were next, the first three cleanly disposed of but the second trio getting a couple of spells off. Then into the cave of Black Alaric where the flesh golems had a brief taste of dagger (venom) before a switch to the Varscona long sword. Nashkel mine is next, a pair of spiders and two kobold commando's providing the warm-up before Mulahey is poisoned into submission. Nimbul takes a double-dip of venom, then after another salvage sale Carthusian returns to kill Lamahla (hit by 2 glyphs of warding) as her companions search for clues as to his whereabouts.

Carthusian has a spot of rigid thinking, losing half his health as two of the amazons switch between melee and ranged attacks. He moves away and drinks 3 healing potions before returning to share some venom with them. The remaining caster is slightly farther away, and Carthusian plays a risky game (held twice while running away and not followed, saved against an entangle at the same distance and after a couple of missed attacks the next three all find their mark and leave another corpse on the battlefield).

Tranzig opts for 3 doses of venom before Carthusian heads to Cloakwood. 103 kills and 57hp at level 7.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Frasier - gnome kensai (update 1)

I was thinking of taking a break for a while, but decided to have a try with a non-spell caster instead. Frasier is a bit of a tomboy I'm afraid (I chose the gender before the picture, but then got a good roll almost immediately and didn't want to go back and try again).

She's made pretty smooth progress so far.  The only moment of danger was when I decided to see how she got on with a non-proficient magic shortsword against the flesh golems.  The idea was to try and use a weapon speed advantage, but the golems looked as though they were striking at speed 0 and if the last hit on her had been a critical it would have been touch and go whether she survived.

I was momentarily worried when a Cloakwood web trap triggered just as an ettercap appeared, but Frasier was wearing the ring of free action, so could just run through anyway.

She has completed the bulk of her journeying and just defeated Daveorn - hitting him twice in a row through his mirrors. 

Here's her current record - unfortunately reflecting poor HP rolls so far.
Posted Image

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Russell V the Inquisitor Update
Traveling with: Hanna (Undead Hunter), Misty (Cavalier), Joshua (Undead Hunter), Forrest (Paladin), Paja (cleric/thief)

The team's weathered a number of Cloakwood ambushes, but we've survived all of them so far - we always hold our ground. For the first area, we cleared the riff-raff in the area, and Hanna said she didn't trust the Aldeth, so we supported the druids. Once Aldeth was dead, Aldeth's sword was a small upgrade for Hanna - wow how convenient.

Next area, the party held back, while Misty, protected by a free-action ring, she gulped an invis potion, turned off AI and had her set off all the traps in the area. Once that was done, she returned, then the party battled the enemies here simply. The battle vs. Centeol was pretty clean as well, with the Spider's Bane being an upgrade for Joshua.

Next area, more riff-raff and had to battle a number of druids - the shadow druids always failed to put their will on us. Next area, a Hamadryad - Misty soloed this enemy once again, since she is immune to both charm and hold and free action too. However, the Hamadryad was running everywhere, so Forrest assisted with his bow to finish her off. There was a wyvern cave, but normal melee/ranged fire plus wand of heavens on the bigger wyverns made this a smooth fight.

We arrived to the fort guarding the mine entrance - two melees and two mages guard, they will be our next obstacle. We will not let Drassus stop us...

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Woah! The BG forums got re-organized...all BG threads same forum now...time to make new links in my favorites.

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts
Maybe time to consolidate into one trilogy thread too?

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
If we were to do that, the BG 2 thread would be the one to "keep", since it has the hall of heroes. Not to mention the OP of the BG 1 thread is Grand_Admiral_Thrawn, and since he doesn't seem to visit these threads, we couldn't change/update that thread Topic Post when things got updated/changed.

EDIT: just realized, would need a major re-wording of the rules/topic post to reflect that this thread is all no-reload challenges, BG 1/BG 2 and ToB, were we to do that. Anyone else want to sound off on Gate70's idea to merge the threads, or really just use one thread for all no-reload challenges?

Edited by corey_russell, 07 February 2014 - 09:58 PM.

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts
I think, one thread for the whole trilogy would be great (and convenient). At the same time, there are some participants in BG2 thread who a no full trilogy runners (polytope for example and some others) so we should keep that in mind as well.

BTW, my Impish Face is still alive, but the progress is turtle-like as I'm *hanged-n-drowned* in Might&Magic X Legacy at the moment :blush: (with Legend of Grimrock in to-do list too)... Hope to post his progress soon but for now all the best with your runs, friends!

Edited by Serg BlackStrider, 07 February 2014 - 10:34 PM.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
@Serg: I don't think BG 2 only or BG 1 only no-reloads would be a problem, the rules just need to explain this situation clearly. Anyone else want to sound off?

polytope

polytope
  • Members
  • 342 posts

Serg BlackStrider wrote...

I think, one thread for the whole trilogy would be great (and convenient). At the same time, there are some participants in BG2 thread who a no full trilogy runners (polytope for example and some others) so we should keep that in mind as well.

I intend to do a full trilogy run through with SCS once I'm finished my current one and learned to avoid dying silly deaths in early/mid SoA.

Assuming I can still post here ofc, I wouldn't be surprised if these forums get archived anyday - with our 400 page thread on a fourteen year old game the bioware mods must see us as the equivalent of people who turn up at a diner, order nothing but coffee and stay all night...

Serg BlackStrider wrote...

BTW, my Impish Face is still alive, but the progress is turtle-like as I'm *hanged-n-drowned* in Might&Magic X Legacy at the moment :blush: (with Legend of Grimrock in to-do list too)... Hope to post his progress soon but for now all the best with your runs, friends!

Glad to hear it.

Edited by polytope, 08 February 2014 - 12:45 AM.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
I would be happy with a single thread.  However, while that's being discussed here's a final post for Frasier.

Frasier - gnome kensai (update 2)

Frasier has successfully graduated to the BG2 thread in any case.  She did the normal routine in the City of getting the tomes.  The only problem there was when I expected her to be able to fight her way up Ramazith's Tower without problems.  However, the hobgoblins hit her with 4 criticals in quick succession as well as several other hits (needing a 19 to hit her) and she had to make a rapid exit.

She had a quick run round the Sword Coast finishing off some reputation quests.  Then she had the luxury of choice of potions at Candlekeep (chose cloud giant + DUHM), but had violet potion and storm giant available as well)!

Slythe fell quickly before the dopplegangers at the palace made the mistake of concentrating on her - meaning Belt and Liia both survived comfortably.  The buffs used for that took her through the maze and, avoiding the UnderCity party, into the temple.  Sarevok came out to play alone and was hit by a hail of throwing daggers until he was badly wounded and I thought Frasier might be able to finish him off in melee.  She had to retreat for safety just before Sarevok had had enough, but a couple more throwing daggers did the trick.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Russell V the Inquisitor Update - chapters 5, 6
Traveling with: Hanna (Undead Hunter), Misty (Cavalier), Joshua (Undead Hunter), Forrest (Paladin), Paja (Cleric/Thief)

Russell V and band have finished chapter 5. Nothing really unusual to report for the basic quests. For the Iron Throne 5th floor (Naaman and buddies), I was planning on using Forrest and arrows of detonation, then realized he was too stupid to use pro magic scroll (INT=3) - Doh! Thus change of plans - I had instead Hanna use INT potion and the pro magic scroll then lots of potion buffs and she tried to solo the 5th floor - she did so flawlessly - she took no damage in fact! I was quite surprised at that...

We reported our success to Duke Eltan and was sent to Candlekeep. As is my habit, I accept the free ring from Koveras, I leave the leaders of the Iron Throne alone - I don't want any rep loss, especially with a group of paladins as most of my group. I rest until I get DUHM power, then get arrested.

Next, in the crypts, Paja does get trap/lock work here. Misty and Joshua soloed the spiders nearby, both being immune to poison and webs. We trash the nearby undead.

In the next area, we take out the skeletons, but trip a lightning bolt trap leaving it, nearly killing Misty but she lives. The group of powerful dopplegangers were de-toothed by a well aimed dispel magic by Russell V.

For Prat and his gang, Joshua gulped a ton of potions, then soloed Prat's gang with arrows of detonation. Joshua and Misty duoed the spiders in the area, since they were still both immune poison and webs.

But then it dawned on me - I did NOT have mirror eyes potions, nor did anyone have great enough save vs. death - I remembered from one of Grond0's runs that the Greater Basilisks put a -4 penalty to the save. What to do, what to do.

Hanna and Misty creeped through the caves (with AI OFF). Hanna saw a basilisk, but managed to retreat before the baslisk could gaze her. She then withdrew to a tunnel farther away. Then Hanna and Misty fired fireballs from their necklace of missiles, aiming at the ground like this:
Posted Image

Thus, the baslisks were slain and the party escaped with no deaths. I could have also used skeletons as bait, but would have been risky, once they die, people start petrifying and I had no way to restore them either, they would have been lost forever.

We have about 100,000 gold after selling our junk. Headed to the City of Baldur's Gate and sneaking our way through the sewers (ok not sneaking, fighting), trying to achieve what we need here without being arrested.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
Hey there, hi there! I'm just writing to let everyone know that I'm back home now, reunited with my computer (and it feels so good). I only have a few weeks before I'll be heading off on another multi-month computer-less holiday, but I'm hoping to to squeeze a run in during that time. I'm open to suggestions on that- feel free to share.

Best,

A.

(Btw. I'm unfond of our new ghetto- hoping this isn't a prelude to a final solution. I don't have an opinion on combining the threads yet. I'll likely share a thought or two after a good nights sleep.)

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts
Nice to see you back home, Alesia :) Hope you'll put your time here in good use.

polytope wrote...
I intend to do a full trilogy run through with SCS once I'm finished my current one and learned to avoid dying silly deaths in early/mid SoA.

Good to hear that! I'm pretty fond of following your runs so looking forward to see a full-trilogy one.

Edited by Serg BlackStrider, 08 February 2014 - 11:08 AM.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

corey_russell wrote...
For the Iron Throne 5th floor (Naaman and buddies), I was planning on using Forrest and arrows of detonation, then realized he was too stupid to use pro magic scroll (INT=3) - Doh! Thus change of plans - I had instead Hanna use INT potion and the pro magic scroll

Well done for surviving the basilisks Corey!  For the Iron Throne presumably Forrest could have used a scroll if he had taken both a potion of genius and one of mind focusing.  In my installation green scrolls can also be applied to other characters - are they for the user only in yours?

Glad to see you back safe and sound AlesiaPosted Image.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Grond0 wrote...

corey_russell wrote...
For the Iron Throne 5th floor (Naaman and buddies), I was planning on using Forrest and arrows of detonation, then realized he was too stupid to use pro magic scroll (INT=3) - Doh! Thus change of plans - I had instead Hanna use INT potion and the pro magic scroll

Well done for surviving the basilisks Corey!  For the Iron Throne presumably Forrest could have used a scroll if he had taken both a potion of genius and one of mind focusing.  In my installation green scrolls can also be applied to other characters - are they for the user only in yours?

Glad to see you back safe and sound AlesiaPosted Image.

@Grond0 - Yes, I could have used potions of genius and mind focusing - I didn't HAVE mind focusing at that point, and didn't want to go all the way back - I was pretty sure Hanna could solo it, properly buffed (which she did).

In both vanilla BG 1 and also my version of EasyTutu, Pro Magic scroll is self-only. In BG 2 the scroll can be on selected target with my installs.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
 Russell V the Inquisitior - FINAL BG 1 Update!
Traveling with: Hanna (Undead Hunter), Misty (Cavalier), Joshua (Undead Hunter), Forrest (Paladin), Paja (Cleric/Thief)

Russell V solved the challenges of Chapter 7 without much difficulty - victories being achieved by concentrated fire. Maze also was of no difficulty.

I tried a new strategy vs. the Undercity Party, I'm not sure why I didn't think of this before. I would have Hanna buffed to 100% fire resist plus greenstone amulet plus potion of absorption (so she can survive the ogre attacking her in melee) - Hanna then showed herself and attacked the Iron Throne Party. Then Joshua unloaded with arrows of detonation - they ignored Joshua while Hanna kept them busy - this worked great.

Also unusual for my runs I battled Tamako (I usually leave her waiting at the Flaming Fist HQ). I did this for her armor for Russell V, as he gave his full plate to Joshua. Paja was VERY close to leveling, not that I needed her level for Sarevok (though probably be handy in BG 2). So we battled the nearby skeletal warriors and kept killing undead in the area until she got it, which we did. We are a bit low on heal potions but oh well.

*** Battle with Sarevok ***
I briefly considered having Paja solo this, but her Thac0 stinks, and her HP pretty low, so decided against it. We did lots of buffs, mostly haste, fire and strength and also potions of shielding on Russell V. Hanna uses protection from magic, fire resistance (putting her fire resist > 100) and throws a fire ball at Sarevok - Sarevok comes alone, at first.

*** Phase 1 ***
Semaj shows himself - Forrest dispels Semaj's protections with a dispelling arrow and the party unload - Semaj doesn't live more than a round after that. Hanna gets hit hard by Sarevok and now runs around the Bhaal symbol area. Angelo and Tazok shows themselves, attacking Hanna.

*** Phase 2 ***
Hanna still running around (AI off). Party unloads on Sarevok - party is also spread out, partially to minimize Angelo's effectiveness - most of the exploding arrows are hitting Hanna, so the party is mostly safe, though Misty is close enough and getting fried - forgot to give her fire resist (oops). Sarevok then tires of chasing Hanna and charges the party.

*** Phase 3 ***
I turn the AI on - Hanna charges Angelo in melee. Sarevok charges Forrest, which makes sense as Forrest is attacking with the bow of markmanship, so is doing good damage. Misty switches from her throwing axe to her +2 long sword and gets a good hit - 17 damage and Sarevok falls!Posted Image

The entire party will be continuing onto Amn.

Russell V's final stats:
Posted Image

Rest of the party's final stats:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts
Well done, Corey!

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Thanks Serg! Was a smooth run, hopefully I can be as smooth in BG 2...

Matuse

Matuse
  • Members
  • 250 posts

I could have also used skeletons as bait, but would have been risky, once they die, people start petrifying and I had no way to restore them either, they would have been lost forever.

The key is to take manual control over the skeletons. Basilisk gaze AI is that they'll always target whoever is closest to them, and they'll never do melee when something is at range. Have a skeleton roaming around just out of their physical reach, and they'll just sit there like morons staring at it and ignoring everything else.

As to this aggravating forum revamp, probably the best thing to do would be to consolidate into one thread. I think it's past time to where we can drop the "SPOILER ALERT" considerations, even with the relatively recent EE releases. Otherwise it would be necessary to rename the threads to identify whether they pertain to 1 or 2, and I'm not sure that's even possible.

Charlestonian Knight Templar

• Members
  • 981 posts
I’m going to play Reginald Front-de-Boeuf of Candlekeep from the start of the game one more time. I really like the character idea, even though I personally despise evil & wrestle w/even playing an evil PC. Still, I learned some lessons, I think, during my first run so I’d like to put them into practice & see if I can’t carry Front-de-Boeuf deeper into the game. I got him to level 5 before he was tracked down by Flaming Fist Mercenary’s in Beregost. His 1 Reputation was his downfall. A true Lawful Evil Anti-Paladin would be far more careful than that.

As I said before, he is modeled on Gerald Front-de-Boeuf from the novel Ivanhoe who was truly evil & sadistic in the story. Ironically, he got his like my original Front-de-Boeuf did during the first run.

I’d want to thank and recognize 'InfernalFinn' from the website deviantART who gave me permission to use his art entitled, ‘The Bull,’ as my character portrait. That said, here’s my revised back story. 

• Members
  • 981 posts
Posted Image
GERALD FRONT-DE-BOEUF, BLACK GUARD, BEGINNING CHARACTER RECORD[/b]

Gerald Front-de-Boeuf was raised in Candlekeep on the Sword Coast, overlooking the Sea of Swords. His step-father, Gorion, a mage of great power, raised Front-de-Boeuf to be chivalrous & merciful, a Paladin maybe, or a righteous lawful Good Knight. Front-de-Boeuf was tutored by the learned monks of Candlekeep in the rarest & most prized literature in the realm. When not studying his books & prophesy, Front-de-Boeuf, trained as a warrior under the Watchers of Candlekeep & their leader the Gate warden. All would have appeared to be in order & no one who lived in Candlekeep would have cause to question that Front-de-Boeuf was destined to be a great warrior for good. 

But Front-de-Boeuf has been thoroughly corrupted by evil & cruelty runs thru his veins. Somehow, He has managed to hide it seamlessly from those who know him best. Even with the many mages, wizards & clerics who frequent Candlekeep, none has evidently thought to use Detect Evil or Know Alignment to discover the truth about front-de-Boeuf. Front-de-Boeuf has been biding his time until he can get out from under the watchful eye of Gorion & the likes of Gatwarden, Tethtoril, Karan & that pesky Imoen. He particularly hates Fuller & despises Hull for talking down to him. He would love nothing more than to kill them. It would serve them right for crossing him & he could well use their Plate Mail armor.

It seems that Front-de-Boeuf, by chance one day, stumbled on tomes of literature detailing the Nine Hells of Baator. The first Tome he read veraciously detailed four of the nine Arch-Devils including Asmodeus, Baalzebul, Dispater, & his personal favorite Geryon. He became so enamored with Geryon, that he had a seamstress @ Candlekeep stitch him a Gold Tunic with Black Bulls Heads on it and had the armorer make him a Kite Shield of the same design. The design was to honor Geryon, who was worshipped by Minotaur’s, like his Demonic counterpart, Baphomet. 

He couldn’t read enough about devils, finding a second and third volume that detailed the remaining Lords of the Nine. He read about the Dukes of Hell, finding that he favored Amon, a vassal of Geryon. Front-de-Boeuf read about the Greater devils; Ice Devils, Horned Devils & the mighty Pit Fiends. He studied the hierarchy of Hell & came to believe that, as there is a strong, lawful, organized hierarchy & well-defined chain-of-command in Hell oriented toward perfect evil, so should there be on the Prime Material Plane, implemented by a strong mortal in service to a powerful Arch-Fiend. Front-de-Boeuf believes he is just the mortal to do so. When reading about the Lesser devils, he came across a photo of the Erinyes, he immediately lusted after the thought of seducing, or being seduceds by an Erinyes. He entertained visions of serving diabolical evil on the Prime Material Plane so well that he would garner specific attention & be summoned to aid Geryon in Stygia or to lead an Army of Devils for him on Avernus, Hells first Plane where Devil Armies muster for their eternal Blood War against demons. As a leader of troops in Baator, he fantasized that he would be able to attract an Erinyes as his faithful consort. 

His ‘plans’ altered recently when, thru further reading, to his dismay, he discovered that Geryon has been deposed by Asmodeus in order to elevator his daughter, Glasya, to Arch-Duchess of Malborge, Hells sixth layer. His disappointment was great & he remains unsure of where his diabolical loyalties lie but, ultimately, he knows Asmodeus is the Arch-Fiend. Front-de-Boeuf remains enamored with Amon, but since Amon is an outcast himself at this time, residing in Avernus, hitching his loyalties there might insult a stronger Arch-Devil & be fruitless in the end anyway. Because of the insatiable lust for power, & sex, he thinks often that he might find favor with Glasya & thus, he thinks of the Arch-Duchess often w/desire. For now, he’ll wear his Geryon inspired Tunic & bear his shield of the same & patiently wait for diabolical opportunity to present itself. In the meantime, he plans to begin his rise to power soon. He believes Lawful Evil is the only sensible alignment, but is willing to ally himself temporarily with others of Lawful &/or Evil alignment, as long as they realize he is their superior. He considers the mythical ‘prophesy’s’ about the Time of Troubles, child’s play, when considered against the eternal politics of Baator. And so he begins…

Posted Image
GERALD FRONT-DE-BOEUF, BEGINNING INVENTORY

Edited by Charlestonian Knight Templar, 08 February 2014 - 08:29 PM.

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts
Just to let everyone know that I am now back in the UK after my three year stint in Nepal. One thing that I brought back were loads of photos that will be great for making portraits with snow covered mountains as a backdrop. Particularly good for another D and D game which I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention here. :) However they will also be good for the Drizzt Saga which is situated on the Spine of the World in some parts. Can get on the web easily again as well. Having only hours of electricity per day was a bit of a problem as was a block to the site at my office. Have now joined the ranks of the wrinklies and have a pension and free bus pass :) . Also now have a beard and glasses which makes my icon quite accurate.

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts
Welcome back Wise and Alesia. Congratulations on the run Corey, mind the dragons this time, and good luck CKT.

Carthusian XII wakes up for another evening of adventure. First stop is to clear the bandit camp and consider investigating the largest tent. With Ardenor and Taugosz out of the way what can go wrong?

"Hi" says Raemon and Carthusian is the first in a long line of monks to forget to sneak into the tent. Time to head outside and run. Raemon gives chase and receives a couple of venomous dagger strikes for his trouble. Britik, Hakt and Venkt all get similar treatment, one horror and two Melf Acid Arrows finding their mark over several encounters, Carthusian being careful to drink healing potions between each.

On to Cloakwood. A potion of freedom is used before reaching Drasus and his mercenaries. Two oils of fiery burning soften them up and Drasus stands still as his companions chase Carthusian into the night. The loner dies first, and with boots of speek Kysus, Rezdan and Genthore soon join their leader. Carthusian sneaks into the bowels of the mine and locates Davaeorn.

Another stealthy battle sees Davaeorn run out of spells, the only danger being a hold person but Carthusian and his boots race upstairs and return a few moments later. With the mage using his staff it seems sensible to switch to the Varscona longsword and cleave the battle horrors from the shadows. Fists beat mirrors and Davaeorn is pulped.

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts
Carthusian XII knuckles down.

After a tome run in Durlags Tower (greenstone amulet charge 3) he heads into Baldur's Gate to pick up a dexterity tome. A potion of storm giant strength helps with Marek, Jalantha Mistmyr and Ramazith as well as his locks and those behind which Vail and Degrodel are hidden. The Iron Throne HQ is thrown into chaos as a fight erupts over multiple floors, the storm giant potion running out part way through.

Duke Eltan sends Carthusian back to Candlekeep where the final two tomes are picked up in addition to various items of treasure. Three doppelgangers discover the perils of pretending to be people they aren't and Prat is ground into the rocky walls of his surroundings as are his 3 pals. A pair of spiders find the protection from poison scroll used against 4 earlier spiders is still active, and a protection from petrification scoll sees 2 greater basilisks facing a venomous dagger,

Freedom. Back to the city.

Slythe is treated to a series of dagger strikes, and is unable to chase Carthusian quickly enough to prevent repeated escapes into shadowy corners. The coronation is a bloodbath, with Liia perishing despite liberal use of stairs. Belt survives and sends Carthusian after Sarevok and into the thieves maze. The entire maze is cleared, mustard jellies finding out the Varscona longsword is a suitable instrument of destruction.

Rahvin and his gang can live for another day as Carthusian sneaks past them.

A single bullet draws Sarevok out but Angelo has joined in so Carthusian throws up a protection from magic scroll before hiding. Once Angelo and Semaj have de-buffed him he hides again and re-buffs. Angelo is first to die, but a hasted Sarevok re-joins combat until Carthusian parks him around a pillar again. Tazok eventually shows himself and hits twice before collapsing from stealth attacks. Semaj is able to use mirror images against dagger attacks so Carthusian switches to fists for quicker strikes and the mage crumples.

Sarevok is left. Carthusian has to add buffs twice as a deadly chase around various pillars ensues. He lands a couple of hefty whacks but regenerative potions are plentiful and Carthusian finally gets the better of his nearest relation. Sarevok may be dead but that doesn't stop him from questioning the fact and making a final attempt to attack his killer. Carthusian steps back but Sarevok finally slumps over and starts to dissolve.

On the way out Rahvin and his gang decide not to live for another day, the monk killing as many as he can but the mage cloudkill sees a poor suicide attempt by Shaldrissa and one or two others are caught in cross-fighting with exploding arrows.

Belt sends Carthusian off to Amn with 65hp, some pantaloons and a ring from Koveras.
204 kills, Angelo.