Photo

Baldur's Gate 2 No-Reload Challenge

• Please log in to reply
15228 replies to this topic

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts
Hmm, same issue as I faced with Slythe when door-hopping against hasted enemies. Our install obviously doesn't like this sort of tactic.

Interesting thought Corey, we could have replaced buddies in a couple of our runs. Minsc would be the least likely NPC I'd grab though - I have a habit of turning him into minature giant space chunks. From the available cast I'd choose Jan or Mazzy and given the track record Fomin would be lucky to get an 11th chance.
(edit, unless the protaganist copies the UK Top Gear challenge format where a vehicle breakdown sees the unlucky presenter transferred into a backup car such as a Morris Marina or Austin Allegro and I have to make do with Minsc and a club)

Edited by Gate70, 10 July 2012 - 06:01 PM.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Gate70 wrote...

Hmm, same issue as I faced with Slythe when door-hopping against hasted enemies. Our install obviously doesn't like this sort of tactic.

Interesting thought Corey, we could have replaced buddies in a couple of our runs. Minsc would be the least likely NPC I'd grab though - I have a habit of turning him into minature giant space chunks. From the available cast I'd choose Jan or Mazzy and given the track record Fomin would be lucky to get an 11th chance.
(edit, unless the protaganist copies the UK Top Gear challenge format where a vehicle breakdown sees the unlucky presenter transferred into a backup car such as a Morris Marina or Austin Allegro and I have to make do with Minsc and a club)

Certainly. My point was of course, any NPC could do, that way you would still be multi-player and as long as the protaganist doesn't die and you don't reload except for the exceptions in the rules, no reason you couldn't continue.

Of course, if your PC/NPC gets chunked like you did in Brynnlaw or the Underdark, that would be a problem, with the nearest NPC quite a ways away.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Trendan the level 14 Undead Hunter continues his adventure...
Traveling with Korgan, Minsc, Anomen, Yoshimo(Imoen), Edwin

The party finally made it to Brynnlaw. We got met by a 4 vampire ambush -- I had Edwin and Yoshimo got invisible at this point, just before the battle. However, Yoshimo still got charmed. Why? Because Yoshimo's script caused him to attack, which duly got him charmed...

We went straight to Perth the Adept. Korgan's axe with his elemental damage messed up Perth pretty bad, and Perth fell almost instantly.

When we got to Spellhold, we found out Irenicus now runs it. He did some cheating spell and we couldn't fight back. Trendan fought Bhaal in a dream with basically just a haste potion and Lilacor but that was enough for victory.

Bodhi released us into a maze and Imoen is now finally in our group. Two mages will be nice. This maze was of little trouble for the party. There was a mass of Umber Hulks in one room, but Edwin's cloudkill took them out. A book of monsters wasn't much trouble either, though we did put protection of petrification on Trendan before fighting the beholder, just in case.

For the room of mass undead, Anomen turned undead while under sanctuary. This wasn't enough to kill any of them, but it was enough distraction for the party to take the undead down with minimal trouble. Same goes for Dace.

Next level had a lot of trolls and a few golems, but no trouble for the party at this point. We used the tokens for the first haste boots for the party, which went to Korgan naturally. After a few more challenges, the party is finally out of the maze.

Going contrary to Anomen's and Edwin's advice, Trendan recruited the crazy mages against Irenicus. The battle was a bit short, mainly because Imoen used dispelling arrows on Irenicus -- nice of Irenicus to have these arrows just lying in a barrel nearby!

We ended up going with Saemon on his "ship" -- though naturally we had to get him his ship first, the fiend. We had just a ridiculous amount of bugs with the Githyanki - for one, all of them were slain except the unkillable Captain. But he wouldn't talk to us. Fortunately talking to Saemon got the script going and ended up at the end in a sort of shark city.

The shark city was pretty easy, with the melees getting most of the kills as usual. Imoen died to a trap, but rod of resurrection got her up to speed. We sided with the King, as is usual for Corey_Russell. The less raiders of the surface the better...

We finally get to the Underdark. We put Korgan invisible and some summons took down 3 mind flayers with the help of Korgan's +2 throwing axe. Mass of elementals nearby. The party handled it well, giving Korgan level 15. We use a freedom scroll to free some trapped mage. He wants us to get his book, of course.

A nearby drow war party was mowed down pretty fast with straight melee/ranged fire, with assistance of some summons left over from our earlier battle with the 3 mind flayers. We had to battle some mushrooms, but we eventually made it to the gnome city.

The gnome mayor had a task for us before he would agree to help us, take down some demon, it sounds like. We summoned 3 ariel servants and some buffs, but it was all irrelevant as Trendan shapeshifted to the Slayer for the first time. This plus normal party melee took down the demon in like 3 seconds. Corey_Russell couldn't remember if there was a rep increase for this quest, and if there was it put the party at 17 - hence the slayer change to keep Edwin and Korgan happy by dropping the party's reputation.

Corey_Russell is pleased with the rather unusual party make-up (for him) - a lot of dialogue he's never seen before has come up before has come up this run. Wow this a big game, that new dialog shows up even after the dozens of runs I've had in BG 2.

We eventually give that trapped mage his book, slay a few elementals, demand a bit more reward for a welcome horrid wilting, not that Edwin can cast it just yet.

After resting, we venture into the Kua-Toa lair. Korgan actually took down most of the Kua-Toas with the aid of skeletal warriors and ariel servants. For the drow war party, Edwin threw in a web and 2 cloudkills (after first scouting their position being invisible) and that was enough to kill everything but two skeletons, which Korgan was happy to dispose of.

The demon knights were interesting. We did a few buffs, had a few summons still left over and started the battle. The melees did great, as usual. However, one of the demon knights did some sort of dispel, aimed at our mages. Edwin then died like instantly by who knows what. However, all the knights were duly slain. The strength belt went to Minsc to offset the Shield of Balduran he's been using while down in this portion of the Underdark. The evil sword Trendan holding onto, in case we ever need to recruit Sarevok in the future, as this a great initial weapon for him.

Next up Beholder's lair. Not to much to comment there, as basically Korgan and Minsc soloed the beholders with shield of balduran and cloak of mirroring. A great find here was an amulet that increases saves vs. spells. Korgan got held by a ray here, but after equipping that amulet his save vs. spells is now 0! Korgan used the greenstone amulet found here to slay the few mindflayers he saw protected by that amulet, using his throwing axe to keep his distance. I'm sure glad Tarnor was so gracious to donate this throwing axe for Korgan.

Last battle of the session was the drow war party that ambushed us at the bridge. Yet again, melee/ranged fire was more than sufficient, though we did have a few summons ahead of us, taking most of the spell damage.

Trendan has been using Lilacor for a long time, but switched to Frostweaver and a drow shield for -11 AC, in preparation for the Illithid City. He will be keeping his distance using Azuredge, but I discovered in a previous run that AC is best defense to their intelligence draining attack. I had a cleric character with -14 AC tank 6 flayers at once and he survived in an earlier run is how I found that out.

And yes, Belgarath, Trendan will be gulping down a few potions of genius before any contact so he doesn't die like my last paladin (Russell) who was in Illithid City.

Edited by corey_russell, 11 July 2012 - 03:55 AM.

morbidest2

morbidest2
  • Members
  • 390 posts
Your point about stopping mindflayer attacks thru ultra low AC is very interesting. Has anybody ever worked out what their effective Thaco is?

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

morbidest2 wrote...

Your point about stopping mindflayer attacks thru ultra low AC is very interesting. Has anybody ever worked out what their effective Thaco is?

I'm not sure on their exact Thac0. However, I can say that with -14 AC, the mindflayers could only get a hit on a critical. By the way, Trendan and gang made it through the Illithid City alive.

Main tactics were CC on front-liners except Korgan since his save vs spells is 0, generous use of summons, death spell and cloudkill by Edwin when appropriate, and multiple potions of genius on Minsc and Trendan. No deaths by the party.

I had to slayer change twice down there, down to 10 rep...I need to be a bit careful, too much lower and I will be fallen...

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts

corey_russell wrote...

morbidest2 wrote...

I'm not sure on their exact Thac0. However, I can say that with -14 AC, the mindflayers could only get a hit on a critical.

Looking in Near Infinity reveals the following:

Mind Flayer - THACO 15, 4 attacks per round
Ulitharid (Alhoon)   - THACO 11, 5 (4) attacks per round 
Vampiric Illithid - THACO 9, 4 attacks per round

Edited by Serg BlackStrider, 11 July 2012 - 01:12 PM.

morbidest2

morbidest2
  • Members
  • 390 posts
So AC=-8 should protect against all MFs and Uliths except for a few special cases where vamp protect is needed, barring Critical Hits. But at 4 APRs the buggers keep pecking away so you still need to whack them within a few rounds, or their critical hits will catch up with your supply of chaotic commands and genius potions. Back to Acid Fog, Armored Skeletons, PC intel=11 and slamming the door shut on the pests before they mob you.

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts
Yes if you assume all else to be equal i.e. no str/ weapon modifiers and target isn’t blind... this is why I love the typical Bard armour of negative - twenty’s.

BelgarathMTH

BelgarathMTH
  • Members
  • 1,008 posts
Sounds like you're having a great run there, Corey. I'm glad you're having fun.

That sounds like some kind of death spell that took out Edwin, maybe a Power Word: Kill. I usually try to keep Death Wards on my protagonist and at least couple of other characters once I get to late SoA. I've lost a lot of toons to instadeath necromancy spells.

If he had Death Ward on him, then it's also possible he just got hit with something that did a whole lot of damage. Like you said, the dreaded "Who Knows What" spell. Seems like there are always a bunch of those flying around in mage battles and battles with demons.

Good luck to you as you continue your run, and to everyone else playing as well.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

BelgarathMTH wrote...

Sounds like you're having a great run there, Corey. I'm glad you're having fun.

That sounds like some kind of death spell that took out Edwin, maybe a Power Word: Kill. I usually try to keep Death Wards on my protagonist and at least couple of other characters once I get to late SoA. I've lost a lot of toons to instadeath necromancy spells.

If he had Death Ward on him, then it's also possible he just got hit with something that did a whole lot of damage. Like you said, the dreaded "Who Knows What" spell. Seems like there are always a bunch of those flying around in mage battles and battles with demons.

Good luck to you as you continue your run, and to everyone else playing as well.

Thanks for your kind words, Belgarath. I didn't need death ward for Edwin. This is why I always keep spell immunity memorized for Imoen and Edwin. If I had known the demon knights did that, I would have put spell immunity: necromancy on Edwin. Now I know for next time...if battling liches/mages, I do in fact put death ward on the protaganist as well...usually don't have enough level 4 slots for other party members.

It does feel like a pretty good run. The unusual party composition (for me) has helped a lot. I will try to mix up the party members again next go around in BG 2, if I happen to be using a party.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
 Alyssa M/T 

Ok everyone: welcome Alyssa to Amn.
Posted Image

Proficiencies: Darts, Shortbows, Quarterstaffs, Two-Handed Weapon Style
Mods: G3, SCS II, Ascension

Has everyone welcomed her? Ok: Now say goodbye. =]

Not goodbye as in forever, but goodbye as in for now. Alyssa's game is going to be put on hold for about a month or so while I go off-grid. I thought I'd quickly cover her early adventures in the City of Coin first though. Again: apologies for the minimalist coverage. I'll provide more detailed reports when Alyssa's adventures resume.

The Chateau

This was a standard thief run through the Chateau.

Backstab the foofers.
Posted Image

Pick pocket the Golem.
Posted Image

Backstab the Portals.
Posted Image

Done.

The Circus Tent

Can you guess?
Posted Image

The Copper Coronet

Alyssa started experimenting a bit at the Copper. Ever wanted to Backstab with a Halbred? Well, you can.
Posted Image

The Flind forms is nice for Backstabbing actually because the movement rate bonus helps you get back into the Shadows. There is something decidely unstylish about a backstabbing Flind however. Alyssa probably won't do this much.

The Bridge District

You can Backstab as a Spider too it seems.
Posted Image

The Staff Spear works better though.
Posted Image

But once you get to the Temple District, the Staff Spear is trumped (as Sorcerous Amon soon learned).

The Den of Seven Vales

That's more like it.
Posted Image

Alyssa finished off the rest of the crew without taking any damage.

Step right, fire.
Posted Image

Stealth, smack.
Posted Image

Follow with a touch.
Posted Image

Finish.
Posted Image

Recent character record (partially buffed).
Posted Image

Anyhoo. Alyssa is now reasonably well equiped and ready to start adventuring. So am I, however. I'll get back to Alyssa's game when I'm done.

Best,

A.

Edit: Tacking on Suna Seni

Suna Seni

Alyssa was Hidden in Shadows when Suna and her crew spawned in. She activated her Ring of Air Control and then buffed with Blur, Mirror Image, Protection from Normal Weapons, Strength, and Draw on Holy Might. She then backstabbed the Cleric and immediately followed with a Sunfire.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Only Suna left after that.

Faded and then finished with Vampiric Touch-> Magic Missle.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Alesia_BH, 14 July 2012 - 09:56 AM.

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts

Alesia_BH wrote...

Anyhoo. Alyssa is now reasonably well equiped and ready to start adventuring. So am I, however. I'll get back to Alyssa's game when I'm done.

Have pleasant journeys :) And bring us some magnet trinkets ;)

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Here's wishing Alyssa the best...have a safe journey in RL as well.

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

corey_russell wrote...

Here's wishing Alyssa the best...have a safe journey in RL as well.

Dido' & don’t forget to take lots of screenshots or we won’t believe it really happened to you... enjoy! :wub:

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Trendan the level 15 Undead Hunter update...
Traveling with Korgan, Minsc, Anomen, Edwin and Imoen

The party handled the Ust Natha quests well. Incidents of note:
1) Edwin was buffed with free action, CC, stoneskin, and mirror image. This guaranteed he would get his death spell off, which saved Phaere.
2) For the large hostile group on the way to Phaere (where'd these guys come from anyways), we had some summons, hasted everyone, resist fear, mirror images on the mages and death ward on Trendan. Summons and party charged, and mowed down the enemies before they could do anything appreciable.
3) Party took some damage dealing with that sect, but no one chunked so all good there. Just as a precaution, death ward and protection from petrification was on Trendan, also Imoen and Edwin did spell immunity: necromancy.
4) While getting the dragon eggs, Anomen did DUHM and one shotted both guards by the treasury door with his Flail of the Ages. He did sanctuary, opened the door, then realized he didn't have the right eggs to swap! Oops..Korgan moved up to had Anomen some eggs, but they were the wrong ones too. Finally Trendan moved up, handed the eggs to Korgan then Anomen. Anomen got the real dragon eggs, left phaere's and ran out. The sanctuary expired at the first set of 4 guards near the treasure...no one hostile! Whew, we left the temple.

Phaere and her mother were killed by the demon. The party gave the dragon eggs to Adalon, then with haste still active, burned through the drow in the way to the exit of the Underdark.

Ended session after talking with Elhan. We will be doing the many chapter two quests still unfinished to get experience for Imoen, as well as try to get a particular paladin sword from Firkraag...

Shadow_Leech07

Shadow_Leech07
  • Members
  • 553 posts
That's some sweet damage Alesia. Good luck in Borneo!

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts
I was going to suspend Brang the dwarf to try Ascension & a smidge of SCS with BG2 rather than BGT, but decided to use him there instead.

Fresh from solo BG1 (BGT), the export/import to BG2 (non BGT, again Ubuntu/Wine)  has lost the golden pantaloons, helm of Balduran and ring of Koveras and I'm not fussed about adding them back. Mods are Ascension (all), Fixpack (core), BG2 Tweaks (bonus merchants, any race romance), SCS II (cloak of mirroring graphics plus tactics: Fire Giant, Shade Lord, Abazigal and minor encounters).

Travelling with Imoen and two more PC's, so no dwarf romance this time. Varmer the human and Elyid the gnome leave room for a rogue turnip trader (plus a series of sidekick sidequest characters culminating with a reformed character via minimal reload no doubt).

Escape
Brang has a lot of health to lose but manages to do so, meaning Varmer has to swap over at an early stage. He takes some hits too, but suvives long enough for Brang to regenerated his health and takes charge again. A cambion dishes out more of the same but we manage to clear the area without needing to heal or rest.

After speaking to The Yoshimo (feared by all) we have a quick rest before returning to pick up the Sword of Chaos, Varmer trying to use it one-handed but not quite able to emulate Sarevok. The second part of our prison is easier than the first and we emerge into daylight. Imoen and Irenicus are both arrested, leaving Varmer and Elyid to look after me. Varmer quickly sells what we don't want while Elyid commandeers a storage unit above the Adventurers Mart. I expect Elyid will want to visit the circus next.

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts
Holy Warrior and Sneaky Mage the svirneblin have finally made it to Amn.
Took a long time to install all the mods that I wanted!
They completed "Check the bodies"
It's a bit slow, so that mod will probably get uninstalled. Too much waiting around waiting for time to pass!
Finished the dungeon, cleared the circus and agreed to other quests with a lamp, a person stealing friends scrolls, and a woman needing help getting back her castle.

More information later re mods installed and further adventures.

The pair have ridiculously high stats due to mods in BG1, so from now on, it looks like the Frabjous re-roller is obsolete unless I uninstall those mods.

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts
Brang the barbarian. Travelling with Varmer the cavalier and Elyid the fighter/illusionist.

Jan joins as our thief after Gaelan Bayle suggests him ahead of Nalia and Yoshimo.

Viconia is in no position to turn us down and I cannot resist asking her to travel with us. Especially since I am critically wounded and in need of a cleric after rescuing her.

Suna Seni has timed her ambush well, with my wounds still gaping. Jan is firing Mate's and stuns two enemies, allowing us to cut the others down without fear of spells.

The Circus is our first real stop, taking a few minutes to complete. Aerie wants to travel with us but I'm not interested.

Hareishan is clearly an enemy. By the time I have cast DUHM and enraged she has killed a trio of thieves and runs away. I chase her but she transforms into a bat and flutters away despite Viconia dooming her.

Lehtinan pays the ultimate price for encouraging us into the seedier side of the Copper Coronet.

Cohrvale and Bregg have slung their final insults.

Haegan has a futile last stand for the slavers.

Hobgoblins in the sewers manage to hold Varmer, and as Brang tries to save him Elyid takes two hits and dies. Varmer is saved though, and the body of Elyid is carried through the remainder of the sewers. She still manages to learn a few new tricks before we can raise her.

Viconia mentions that she's just figured out raise dead so we rest and get Elyid back on her feet.

There is no sign of Hendak (oh no, not a good sign for a fresh install), so we leave. Our journey is interrupted again, and we are asked to help Renfeld. Ruffians try to stop us, as does a mad cleric. I've picked up jobs from Xzar and Firkraag too but there is no rush and we rest in the Ships Bounty tavern.

Still no sign of Hendak which is frustrating and sparks off a bit of party banter.

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts
Holy Warrior and Sneaky Mage had no problems with helping free slaves, or clearing the D'Arnise stronghold.

A staff bought in the Adventurer's Mart that has an extremely long reach made the iron golem ridiculously easy. A bit like using the Tansheron Bow, but quicker.

Now back to Amn. I may keep Nalia as it will stop my duo becoming overly strong, and it will enable me to investigate the D'Arnise romance. That is, if she doesn't die.

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts
Introducing Valando Reisenstar, Elf Skald to bg2;

Posted Image

I always knew that there was something different about me... it’s not every Elf that hears the Harpers call but I’ve continuously felt certain there is more to it than that, the guarded whispers from the watchers when they think I’m not around was my first clue & the look on my foster fathers face when any one starts speaking the old proficies but more than anything else it’s the chastely polite way that my kindred greet me whenever their circumstances require them to visit Candlekeep that just screams outsider!

p.s. If I ever find myself a steady (& loyal) girl then I’d like nothing better than to settle down and start a family... A real home, that’s my happy ever after.

Modifications;

Evidently my clsrcreq file has been modified to allow Elves to take non-standard classes because I’ve been meaning to start an Elven Bard for a while but RL hasn’t been exactly plan sailing lately... excuses aside, Valando needed a special item (none of my large list of modded items seemed suitable) that fits his distinct heritage so I made him some durable boots from (what is now an extinct spiked verity of) Ankeg called stachelig. The sharp spikes make these boots hazzardous in combat and are magicly enchanted to grow when extra grip is needed +1 THAC0 & ‘Freedom‘ (once per day). I’m not rapted about the Nalia pic so I selected a different (TommY girl) one... adjusted her thief skills as well.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)
~ASCENSIONFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fix Ascension Slayer dialogue
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings,   Dwarves, and Gnomes: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-classing Restriction from Archers   and Stalkers: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in  Wrath Hell Trial: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v9.01
~DEARNISE/SETUP-DEARNISE.TP2~ #0 #0 // de'Arnise Romance for Baldur's Gate II, v2
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Change Imoen's Avatar to Mage: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon): v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1140 // Gems and Potions Require Identification: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash): v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2190 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Only Mage and Bard Storekeepers Can Identify Items: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v9
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #101 // Prevent skeletal undead from being affected by Illithids' Devour Brain attack: v3.71
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #102 // Change Spiritual Hammer into a ranged force weapon: v3.71
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #117 // Allow Mages to scribe memorized spells onto scrolls -> Scrolls can only be scribed at inns and strongholds: v3.71
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Restore innate disease immunity to Paladins: v3.71
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Allow Breach to take down Stoneskin effects applied by items: v3.71
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #218 // Regain Bhaalpowers in ToB: v3.71
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #212 // Make alignment detection spells more accurate: v3.71
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2019 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility -> Antimagic spells remain single-target, but affect the target creature whether or not it is invisible (default option): v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Revert Greater Restoration back to only affecting one creature: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Make spell sequencers, spell triggers, and contingencies learnable by all mages: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2170 // True Sight/True Seeing spells protect from magical blindness: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3980 // Allow the Cowled Wizards to detect spellcasting in most indoor, above-ground areas in Athkatla: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Retrieve Dropped Items from Hell: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5020 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6023 // Potions for NPCs -> Two thirds of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6061 // Smarter genies -> Genies cast spells like normal wizards: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6081 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials cast spells like normal wizards: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6101 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons cast spells like normal wizards: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6112 // Smarter beholders -> Give beholder rays some chance to "burn through" spell protections; beholder antimagic removes defences and prevents casting but does not block harmful spells (original game behaviour): v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6120 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids cannot see invisible enemies (matches original game): v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6135 // Smarter githyanki: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6136 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB mages -> Only selected ToB mages get HLAs: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6138 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA mages -> Only selected SoA mages get HLAs: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6152 // Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6160 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB priests -> Only selected ToB priests get HLAs: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6170 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA priests -> Only selected SoA priests get HLAs: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6182 // Smarter Priests -> Priests never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6210 // Smarter Illasera: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6230 // Smarter Abazigal: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6240 // Smarter Gromnir: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6250 // Smarter Melissan: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved Shade Lord: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Improved Random Encounters: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Spirit trolls have the same powers as in the original game: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Slightly improved Faldorn: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7075 // Party's items are taken from them in Spellhold -> Normal mode (recommended): v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7078 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Sahuagin: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Beholder hive (adapted from Quest Pack): v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Prevent resting in the Illithid city: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7111 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Leave Ust Natha's defences alone: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7120 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7150 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v21
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7160 // Improved Minor Encounters: v21

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts
Safe travels, USSNorway!

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Wishing you success in your new run, USSNorway! And maybe some fun too, while you are at it.

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts
Yes, good luck.

Brang the dwarven barbarian. Travelling with Varmer the cavalier, Elyid the fighter/illusionist, Jan and Viconia.

Hendak is hanging out at the top of the inner staircase, trying unsuccessfully to avoid us. We have no need of the items he hands over, so instead step outside where Valen has a proposition for us. Brus steps in to say Gaelan Bayle wishes to renegotiate and we visit him instead.

I hand over the money, skint once more but I need to stop these strange dreams I am experiencing. In return we obtain a key allowing us access to Aran Linvail. He gives us a magic ring and an amulet of power; Elyid takes both items and we set off to help Mook.

We fail to save her but frighten off her murderer. Prebek and Sanasha are dealt with on our way back to Aran Linvail. He doesn't seem fazed by the death of Mook and merely sends us on another errand instead. Neither muggers nor orog slavers are able to stop us reaching the Five Flagons inn. Del and her 2 vampires make more of an effort but I have raged and Viconia has fended one off until I can intervene. Sansuki lives to be chased another day.

With two deserters and their recruiter dead we should return straight to Aran Linvail, but there is time to pick up a horn of Valhalla and investigate the skinner murders in the Bridge district. The whole experience helps Viconia see me in a different light. I thank the gods mods for this dwarven romantic opportunity.

A few undead are removed before Jan gives us time to switch to blunt weapons. Then he does the same to both Tanova's with one shot, allowing Elyid to destroy the fake Tanova with Azuredge before Viconia uses her new mace to do the same to the real Tanova.

Edited by Gate70, 20 July 2012 - 07:07 PM.

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts
Brang the barbarian. Travelling with Varmer the cavalier, Elyid the fighter/illusionist, Jan and Viconia.

Cromwell agrees to improve the Mace of Disruption for Viconia. All we need do is investigate the cult of the Unseeing Eye for High Watcher Oisig, obtain the services of Sir Sarles for Guardian Telwyn, find some illithium for Sir Sarles, commission a fake alloy, speak to Unger Hilldark about genuine illithium, track down Neb and kill him to retrieve this stolen illithium and fob Sir Sarles off with the alloy, then sell almost everything we have to raise the fee. (Why, we even find time to retrieve Littleman the stuffed bear, take charge of a kidnapping, obtain the silver pantaloons, hand in the head of Neb, meet Travin, retrieve a dawn ring from Borinall and kill Parisa).

7500gp later Viconia has an upgraded mace, and I am back down to my last 280gp. I need money fast, and it is dark so I figure out Renal Bloodscalp or Mae'var are the best bets. Jan helps himself to the thief door contents on our way out.

It is still dark, so I grab a necklace of Talos, then decide to see if the Radiant Heart have any tasks to add to my ever-growing list. I have the final word against Rayic, threaten Marcus with violence to get his documents, take a dagger to convince Mae'var that Embarl is dead and finally obtain the evidence that Mae'var is double crossing Renal Bloodscalp.

Jan Mate's Mae'var with two of his thieves(!), making the fight an easy one. Our reward is quickly bartered away and with cash in hand again we return to the vampire lair. On the way we deal with Uncle Lester and the nearby mourners of a dead child.

I am not well armoured, but lead the attack on the undead guarding Lassal. I'm never in danger but do take a beating before they are eliminated and Elyid steps foward to test her mirror images in the spike room. Lassal chases her into the midst of us, and Elyid switches Azuredge to melee, requiring two hits.

Our next encounter proves tricky as my weapons are useless. Varmer is doing a fine job but Elyid has taken time to react (not sure why) and Bodhi is punishing me. I glug two healing potions as Viconia hands me her mace, but then I decide to run. She follows briefly then turns to Jan and drains him before Varmer convinces her to leave.

Viconia rests to remove the level drain from Jan, then we rest again so his spellbook can be memorised. We could report back to Aran, or return the dawn ring but maybe later.