• 1,361 posts

Alche, 1st BG2 update

This is the party after BG1 (we had no deaths there, yey!):

39_zpsbctk0kyx.jpg

40_zps3tzwfifs.jpg

41_zpsflnhs17c.jpg

42_zpszq1kudbs.jpg

43_zpsgqut68nx.jpg

We started by clearing the trash from Circus & Copper Coronet. From there, not following my usual Goverment-Gates-Umar Hills route, we go to Graveyard to get some headgear. No problem with that, and Suna ambush was triggered on the way back. Mage there usually has a better set of prebuffs than this time around, and it was very short-lasting for them.

44_zps5suabnpk.jpg

Next, Thieves' quests. When traveling to Temple Dist another ambush triggered. Here we witnessed a very ugly bug SCS has in latest version - low-level clerics have (and use) Finger of Death. This is both illegal (the guy here has but 4th level spells) and very disturbing.  :( I'm not sure what to make of it, other than keeping Death Ward on Alche whenever priests of any level are around. This time, Gragu fell; and it was the first death of the run.

45_zpsdinfdlxj.jpg

A bit of luck in Talos temple nets us ADHW scroll. :)

46_zpsnzprjebi.jpg

Killed Edwin, and went to fight Mae'var. Alche got backstabbed twice (40-46 damage) and had to heal a bit. Berserker took his Remove magic, while we focused down the cleric and any assassins nearby.

47_zpsbqmtelxx.jpg

I didn't bother myself with removing Mae'var's spell protections - Alche removed his illusion buffs and the battle became a target practice for my archer.

48_zps6ltqswdf.jpg

Next, Harpers, following them Mencar Peeblecruchusher (Entangle, Summon Shadows, 2x Ice Storm + Skull trap dealt with casters, the others managed to slip through but were killied quickly).

49_zpsqnrdtwjz.jpg

Following that, Temple Sewers gang. We opened up with 2x Cone of Cold on Gaius from invisibility. Stoneskin doesn't prevent freezing, and he dies instantly.

50_zpsiiyopplg.jpg

It kind of got ugly soon, berserker took massive damage quickly, and we repositioned ourselves a bit.

51_zpssaxpavdh.jpg

With archer gaining distance andvantage, breach landing on a priest, they were done for. Cost a bit of potions.

52_zpsgfcmg0vc.jpg

53_zps7rtsdw72.jpg

Rakshasa was slain there as well, we were still buffed and he failed to dispel us.

54_zpspmf2t5tt.jpg

We're now at level 11 (cleric/mage is 9/9) and should be clearing out Slaver's boat next.

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Alche, 2nd BG2 update

Rather short; since I doubt I'll have any time to play until evening, so to keep up with progress:

- payed 14K to thieves

- did Slaver Boat & Lirarcor (made sure the cleric there never gets a spell off since I don't like odds vs Finger)

55_zpsifhrzfrb.jpg

56_zps6uaw5r3f.jpg

Next, Goverment- Umar (did quests there) - WK level 1. Had Vampirics spawn, but we were confident enough. Finished the level w/o much trouble, apart one Acid Fog we ran away from.

57_zpsftza4ra2.jpg

58_zpsckyum3yl.jpg

Level 2 should be next.

Golden28

Golden28
  • Members
  • 277 posts

question Aasim,

how do you always deal with those mage-statues on watchers keep 1st level so early? I find them a huge pain in the ass. You always cover gaethras and mekrath and tolgerias and so on but never those mages, arent they way deadlier??

Cheers!

Golden28

Golden28
  • Members
  • 277 posts
Eren the Powerful, BG2, Episode 1.

Changed Erens name and appearance. Here we go!

Yoshimo got stunned and killed very quickly. Thank god that wasnt Eren :S
Schermafdruk%202015-05-01%2019.14.09_zps

Gethras eluded us because Yoshimo failed to lay 5 out of his 6 traps.. dude u suck..
Schermafdruk%202015-05-02%2014.57.01_zps

Suna was killed with relative ease.
Schermafdruk%202015-05-02%2000.06.56_zps

Free pirate's gold, I like..
Schermafdruk%202015-05-02%2014.52.10_zps

Eren's got no time for this.. If the paladins want to get fallen, thats their choice..
Schermafdruk%202015-05-02%2014.32.22_zps

Instacast hold person. Good thing Eren's a berserker. Had so many close calls averted by rage.
Schermafdruk%202015-05-02%2000.14.13_zps

Still tough...
Schermafdruk%202015-05-01%2023.05.11_zps

Insect plagues still good vs prebek. 
Schermafdruk%202015-05-02%2014.48.20_zps

Next is Darnise keep for the FOA!!!

Glacius got stunned by nalias darts and then held also.
Schermafdruk%202015-05-02%2018.53.56_zps

Got Torgal.
Schermafdruk%202015-05-02%2019.14.37_zps

Then Eren's nightmare happened. We couldnt find the door out and spirit trolls got us stuck!
Schermafdruk%202015-05-02%2019.32.01_zps

In a rather filmish retreat we managed to get out, only to trigger the non-warrior option (for being a cleric for the time being), banning us forever from the keep (secret entrance gets made unavailable and the roenalls close the front gate). 

That means the FOA, the weapon ive been levelling up to all that time is now unavailable! DAMN!

I checked with cromwell but he didnt want to make it. I considered reloading on account of the unrealism of the secret entrance suddenly being closed, but then reasoned it could have actually been closed by the trolls. Besides, game designers obviously had a reason for it being closed so It does not excuse a reload in this no-reload-challenge...

So now Im stuck with these:
Schermafdruk%202015-05-02%2020.45.41_zps

Checked internet, theres nothing I can do it seems. Damn, gotto get Crom Faer then or some other high tier cleric weapon :(. Problem is I have 4 pips in flails and only one in other weapons. Probably go for the defender of easthaven when I'm rich, or the wyverns tail from Draug Fea for the time being. Such a downgrade from the FOA though :(. Ohwell, thats this challenge :)

Cheers!

• Blind_Visionary likes this

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Ah man Golden, really annoying. You might want to try to get Cromwell upgrade the FoA once you have one of the other Flail heads (the Watcher's Keep one comes to mind), though I wouldn't count on it.

• Golden28 likes this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

question Aasim,

how do you always deal with those mage-statues on watchers keep 1st level so early? I find them a huge pain in the ass. You always cover gaethras and mekrath and tolgerias and so on but never those mages, arent they way deadlier??

If you go to WK early enough, no mage statues will spawn. The good side of this is that the battle is easilly doable - the bad side is that (with Item Revisions) you loose out on Staff of Rynn (arguably the best staff in the game for mages - it makes one immune to symbol spells).

• Golden28 likes this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Alche, 3rd BG2 update 

Finished WK level 2 with no trouble, ran away succesfully from Chromatic after inserting the keys. Everybody leveled up, and we're now level 12, cleric/mage 11/11.

Now I decided to go finish Umar for good. I generally avoid Thaxy until later unless I have an Archer on board. SCS Dragons have very nice AC protection, but Archers (especially buffed properly and with +3 arrows) punch through that, so I was fairly confident about it. What arcjers have vs dragons is range, so they're not likely to get tossed away by buffets, making them fairly reliable DPS.

Mance takes his Remove harmlessly and breaches his PfMW. Attack!

59_zpsmfcoi3ng.jpg

Dipel illusions if neccecary...

60_zpsajveehr9.jpg

Slap and done. We wave the dragon good night

61_zpssnn3hikm.jpg

, pick up his wonderful loot (Girdle of strenght is on him - it and Crom Fayr scroll swap places with IR) and, still buffed with Pro Neg Energy, climb up to tackle the Shade Lord. I check my spellbook - no Death Ward, but I have both Secret Word and a Breach for him ready. I decide to risk it anyway - if all goes as planned, he'll be dead in no time. 

And indeed he was. Alche removes his images, Secret word his Deflection, Breach his PfMW, done.

62_zps7ibtbuu8.jpg

I return to city, do first two thieves' quests (Lassal had no  rats! Hooray!) and visit the Planar Prison. This can be one of the hardest quests, but I was feeling very confident about it. No Yuan-ti mages spawned in the middle, probably due to our low levels, which was good. All was pretty smooth until the big guy himself. I triggered the fight with stealthed archer. Warden doesn't really care about stealth, but it allowed her to check wether he has Yuan-ti mages for backup (he didn't, only Salamanders). We summon some crap to hold him if he decides to use Time Stop. The moment he casts his BBoD, run; and don't look back.

63_zpsa4rfctwy.jpg

The original plan was to survive his TS with him being focused on summons, debuff him, and kill him with arrows. Turns out, he didn't even use a Time Stop. He did have a defensive sequencer with Spell Shield/Deflection - we couldn't get through that, so I waited it out. He was also keen on PW:Silence usage; having no less than 3 and 3 Mordy Swords (SR makes them "killable" by weapons, but they take very little damage that way)

Kittix/Shadows/Skeletons stood their ground bravely here.

64_zpsev5hayyn.jpg

With his PfMW expired, Called Shot time. Trip slows him down to half, and we juke him around

65_zpsvf4qjm8m.jpg

Until he falls to the ground.

66_zpsy9sy9m6w.jpg

This is all nice; but I completely forgot to pick up much loot from the first encounter there (one with Yuan-ti mage). Bad, bad - selling those items would net me about 7-8K gold. :( Guess I'll have to find the money somewhere else.

Where could that be? Traveling to Temple District gave me the answer - Slavers! Yea, let the assault commence! (I'm feeling lucky today, Koshi be damned).

One of the "bad" things when you pick katana proficiency is the temptation to do this very early, since Celestial Fury is so powerful.

Anyhow, we enter the floor invisible, disarm traps, and pray for no Divinations. :unsure:

67_zps08rgyr3g.jpg

There was one, but it's late for that - our position is secured. Sion casting Oracle means he's not a Conjurer- this is good actually. SR summons are usually much more powerful than vanilla variants, and can be both annoying (locking up my archer in melee is bad) or deadly, depending on what gets summoned. Be that as it may, I take a deep breath and get to the plan.

68_zpsm8ztpqwc.jpg

The plan is:

- summon Shadows

- summon Skeleton Warriors

These both being Undead, grants them two precious immunites - Cold & Poison (in addition to being immune to Koshi's stunning attacks and having 50% slashing resist). 

- send them in front, toss Cloudkills (I got the wand from Mekrath) and Ice Storms. Cleric will potentially disperse Cloudkill, but it will definitely mess up their positioning.

- bring enemies low enough (they won't stand in the clouds for long) so archer/berserker can dunk them with mage backup

- keep Alche away from Sion

Well - let's get to it then!

Phase one - summons + Cloud/Ice Storm

69_zpses9r4710.jpg

Phase two - our summons are dead. Nvm, enemies are slowed from Ice Storm, archer gets to work, downs Koshi & Olaf. A skull trap is thrown for good measure. Sion is fully buffed and approaching.

70_zpssyrarfnp.jpg

Phase three - pay attention to Ketta. Backstab with a +4 bonus to damage for ranged weapon equiped means a possible chunk. Invis potion at ready.

71_zpshocqezbb.jpg

Phase four - kill what's left with magic. Stalman freezes to Cone of Cold.

72_zpsdiyplwdm.jpg

Phase five

Drop Ketta. She's too dangerous if Sion debuffs mages. Alche uses his Detect Illusions skill here, reveals her, and Deb is merciless with her Tugian.

73_zpsklqfiidv.jpg

With that done, only Sion is left. And the Minotaur, but's he's nothing.

Sion dispels both mages somehow.

74_zps3vi5v81d.jpg

We kill the minotaur at range, Sion enters Time Stop, throws Dragon's Breath at Gragu (used Potion of Fire resistance to nullify the damage somewhat + helm of Rock is equipped), casts True Seeing and just as that was done, flaps a Comet. Deb dies instantly to the blow, but she's not chunked. :D

75_zpssqrrrcm0.jpg

Next, he starts to cast Bigby's. A lot of Bigby's. these spells are fairly useless in vanilla (with level 8 variant being actually better than level 9 :blink: ) but with SR, these are well worth their slot. They go off constantly, round after round, and hurt immensly. Larkin died to them after failing 2 saves in a row.

76_zpsperuwntl.jpg

In the end, after expending his entire spellbook (he was down to Chromatic Orbs), he finally dies.

77_zpsv7jn100u.jpg

I pick up the loot, raise the dead with Rod of Ressurect, equip Celestial Fury on Alche and feel really, really good. B)  

• Serg BlackStrider and Blind_Visionary like this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

@Grond0: Sorry to hear the demise of Alac and Evan. It's interesting you died to the incendiary trap, as one of my characters have died to it as well. Now, though, I remember the tip Alesia gave where she said pro fire and death ward is all you need for those traps. In a party, that's what I do - of course a bit tougher if solo...

• Grond0 likes this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Multiplayer is host-friendly in that regard;

- You quite often see a client hit twice then a host hit in the same round. Host damage gets applied first and the client damage is ignored.

- When a client drops from the game their kills since the last save can be lost. Dogdancing crashes most; at least once per session, usually more. Same for XP - Carthus was some way ahead of Wewa with xp and is now behind her after a crash which must have been during an area with plenty to do.

That's not to say Grond0 wouldn't be ahead anyway, and we haven't looked to see if the total kills is also reset (consistent) or correct.

I think the big lead in kills largely reflects tactics in BG1 - Static had both the best ranged attack and quite often sneaked ahead of the others to rack up backstab victims.  In BG2 the monks are starting to come into their own and I think kills have been fairly even between Carthus, Avenger and Static in recent sessions.

• Aasim likes this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

@ Aasim. Looks like an impressive start - just don't get too cocky now ...

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

don't get too cocky now ...

I'll try..

Anyhow, Alche, 4th update

Three important things:

1) I think Grond0's no-headgear swashbuckler is properly avenged. Upon traveling to De'Arnise, we triggered a nasty ambush. I wanted to run away :P , but Melf's were faster.

78_zpsrzvyupae.jpg

Screw that. We fight. Having almost no defensive buffs (Death Ward being the prime example - I now have *3* memorized), I rage my berserker and send him in front to tackle the mages. He'll be taking massive damage with his almost non-existent AC, but he won't be disabled so easilly. Thieves are close to us, backstabing Larkin. One lands, I move him away as Alche starts his Detection routine. Archer is left alone - big mistake by the thieves.

Apperantly, there are no less than four of those. 

79_zps8qpxezmx.jpg

We crap them all up.

80_zps8xdwehq0.jpg

2nd, De'Arnise. Only Torgal somewhat worth a mention - apperantly using summons here triggers Yuan-ti routine instantly. Fine by me. Nalia is taken with us for two reasons - 10K gold and to make a photoshoot of Torgal's demise.

We open with a Remove, one Yuan-ti dispelled, 2nd not. Deb, the archer, focuses the debuffed one.

82_zps1doutjig.jpg

He dies within a round. Torgal, Umber and one troll are still busy with the golem.

83_zpsj0ipsvdc.jpg

Golem dies, and Torgal rushes to us. Umber is also dead.

84_zpsiwdicu2j.jpg

Unfortunately, here Torgal doesn't really have a soft target. A raged KR berserker gains save vs Death bonus, so has a fair chance of avoiding strenght drain. Alche has an AC of about -15 here. He dies quickly to focus melee fire, while Deb keeps the mage pinned down with arrows.

85_zps2pfzvlru.jpg

A questionably-timed Remove magic and a contingencied stoneskin were Yuan-ti's last efforts to make a difference. 

86_zpsrpzmiwpn.jpg

87_zps25plrw7e.jpg

(btw, if you see a Gibberling on these screens, it's MSI spell.  :D )

3rd and final, Trademeet is done, balance is restored, and we have our statues made. Rakshasa failed to save vs CF's stunning effect and died before his buffs kicked in.

88_zpsaodtl3u7.jpg

We're now level 13, and probably will do Beholder lair next.

• Serg BlackStrider likes this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

1) I think Grond0's no-headgear swashbuckler is properly avenged. 

:D

Golden28

Golden28
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Nice progress Aasim

Cheers!

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Nice progress Aasim

Cheers!

Tnx.

Alche, 5th BG2 update

Windspear Hills started horribly. First NPP expired on berserker. He got drained to level 4 very quickly and had to be away from the battle the whole time.

Nobody other than him had NPP. Alche has Shadow Dragon scales which provide it.

89_zpszcpphnl4.jpg

I try to pull by berserker away and close the door since he was getting chased, but Vampires can apperantly open them. Even worse, now my casters were in sight range of an Elder Vampire!

90_zps7gv68pzq.jpg

Everybody gets level drained, as some of the vamps finally start to fall.

91_zps2o3nyehq.jpg

They also seem to have backstab. I haven't really noticed this before, but it's ugly. Oddly enough, they drained no CON on anybody. 

92_zpsrd3sucr8.jpg

Some time later, with a lot of maneuvering in between, they die. Archer got drained to level 8, cleric/mage 6/6, berserker 4, and invoker 6. We return to Trademeet temple to fix that, rewrite spellbooks and go back to Windspear.

93_zpslrftkc5u.jpg

Samia's group was fairly straightforward, the only bad thing happening was that Legodril used Harm and hit my berserker with it. It deals a flat 90 damage, some quick heling was in order, but other than that they died relatively fast.

94_zpslfa0v2zx.jpg

Kaol dispelled us just as we dispelled him, and that was it.

95_zpsvackjfjl.jpg

Given that I have an archer, I was fairly sure about Firkraag here. We're level 13. Mass anti-fire damage prebuff, two skeletons, and we're off.

96_zpsqhvyqy1i.jpg

I kept Alche away from this battle. He doesn't have the HP to whistand a possible Breach/Remove + Breath combo. Gragu is to tank, Deb to DPS.

Gragu got tossed away in a corner and couldn't move for a while, I used Ilbratha's images to buy him a round of safety as my arcanists used Breach to remove his stoneskins. Deb was free to use her bow the whole battle. Skeletons died instantly to breath attack.

97_zpsr9pom1id.jpg

He failed to dispel Deb. Saves some potions, but it didn't matter much.

98_zpslukaptim.jpg

99_zpsqperwrzk.jpg

With his death, I don't even buff properly for Conster. Alche dispells his Illusions, 2xSecret Word, Breach, done.

He tried to cast some Necromantic spell but died before he could finish it.

100_zpsuklw1gpt.jpg

Ilithid sewers will be our next stop.

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Alche, final BG2 update

I've finished the game, Irenicus is dead at my feet. 

:P

Right...

Anyhow, we did both Ilithids and Unseeing

101_zpsmdym4lsi.jpg

And went to Planar Sphere (level 14 we were).  From some unknown reason, Kayardi summoned Pit Fiends. These aren't aTweaks ones, but they're annoying enough. Did them anyway. Lavok, otoh, was far more deady. I couldn't debuff him for some odd reason, and ran out of debuff spells. That allowed him to go on a rampage (he had 3 summoned Bone Fiends, they have a nasty Fear aura and Cone of Cold every few rounds.)

Three died there, archer and both casters, but Lavok was downed as well. This isn't bad per se, BUT - I cannot raise my dead. With IR, Ressurection staff has but two charges, and I've spent them both on Temple Slavers battle (yea, I'm lazy to go to temples). With my priest being dead, I couldn't raise anyone.

102_zps0d2zwvkq.jpg

Bah, we try to do Tolgerias (I did kill Nabassu on demon plane). One chance I had was Celestial Fury stunning effect, but it failed. Following that, the sucker summoned a Planetar who chunk-vorpalizes Gragu in a single shot.

103_zpszs7fjzwt.jpg

Remove-Breach-summon Pit Fiend-done.

104_zpsg5dhmz5j.jpg

• Blind_Visionary and Golden28 like this

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts

"Ouch! That hurts!"... 

Sad to see, Tolgerias claimed another victim, Aasim...

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Ay Aasim, that went south very fast, and very unexpectedly... 
My commiserations.

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Ay Aasim, that went south very fast, and very unexpectedly... 

Somehow it always does...especially the "very fast" part. :D

• Blackraven likes this

Golden28

Golden28
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Damn Aasim.. the hell? Why didnt you just sneak past Tolgerias or is that impossible? :)

Eren the Powerful, BG2, Episode 2

The damn genies got Cernd, not Eren though :)
Schermafdruk%202015-05-02%2020.41.16_zps

After stone to flesh, Faldorn was killed by Cern easily.

Finally returned to and killed Gethras with clouds.
Schermafdruk%202015-05-04%2009.22.11_zps

Killed some thieves and Maevar with cloudkills and skeletons. 
Schermafdruk%202015-05-04%2010.36.17_zps

This happened in the bridge district. What the hell is this nonsense!..... (notice Eren is sanctuaried).
Schermafdruk%202015-05-04%2007.39.05_zps

Eren almost died there to backstabs and traps to get the freaking gesen bow piece..

He did got up to his berserker levels again, which is nice. 

Killed a random party there as well. Who the hell are these guys? One of them, the female, gave us 12000 XP!
Schermafdruk%202015-05-04%2007.31.24_zps

Did some Neera's quest for the shield of Fyrus Khal, a complete beast of a shield!
We killed some red mages. Couldnt save the blue elf though (he got shot!).. Hayes said it was a 'waste of time', pompous sod.
Schermafdruk%202015-05-04%2010.07.30_zps

Next we killed Draug fea and now Eren has a decent flail, the wyverns tail. 

Paid the shadow thieves. 
Next are the main quests and probably temple district for the beholder XP. 

Cheers!

• Blind_Visionary and Blackraven like this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

@Aasim - what did I say :P?

This happened in the bridge district. What the hell is this nonsense!..... (notice Eren is sanctuaried).

The Rune Assassins see through invisibility.  I know you might think from the spell description that sanctuary should operate to prevent attacks even by opponents that can see the cleric - but it doesn't :huh:.

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

@Aasim - what did I say :P?

:D

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Why didnt you just sneak past Tolgerias or is that impossible? :)

I don't think it's impossible, but I generally avoid it. Call me crazy, but I believe a berserker doesn't really use stealth. They're supposed to be nutcases which enjoy combat. And Tolgerias is an a** anyway.

Golden28

Golden28
  • Members
  • 277 posts
Eren the Powerful Episode 3 BG2

Next are the beholders. 
Gotto love them clouds.
Schermafdruk%202015-05-04%2018.32.13_zps

With some trouble, we got there. Aerial servants were key here doing massive damage to the tyrants.
Schermafdruk%202015-05-04%2019.14.05_zps

Gaal got slain. "Unseeying One, preserve me".. I mean I have respect for the blind priests faith and power, being a cleric myself, but.. seriously dude :/
Schermafdruk%202015-05-04%2019.18.18_zps

We did Bodhi without any trouble. Tanova was dispelled by keldorn and then hacked to pieces. Body was stomped (non-improved vampires).

Pebblecrusher got crushed.
Schermafdruk%202015-05-04%2019.42.46_zps

Then I decided the epic quest for Crom Faeyr had to begin. 
I need that hammer now that I missed out on the Flail of ages. This is my true sub-quest! So first we do the umar hills.

The undead forces seem more resilient this time, more than last time. We got there with summons and crits from improved mace of disruption.
Schermafdruk%202015-05-05%2008.52.49_zps

Thaxxylsillia got, simply said, slain. We did minor damage by eating through stoneskins all the while trying a spell or two. Then Eren connects with a flamestrike. Twice. For massive damage. Plus a hit from an aerial servant here, a little acid damage there, and he falls. 
Schermafdruk%202015-05-05%2009.06.07_zps

Schermafdruk%202015-05-05%2009.08.32_zps

Unfortunately brave Mazzy got instachunked by his breath, she was the ONLY non NPP'ed npc so Thaxxy obviously targetted her... Yeah, drained, blinded, drained, drained, blinded, petrified..... Death...
Schermafdruk%202015-05-05%2009.02.37_zps

First Instakill the altar. Never seen that before :o
Schermafdruk%202015-05-05%2009.14.44_zps

Then disaster!..

Keldorn dispells protections, Shadowlord cast BBoD and starts to kill off the efreeti and aerial servant. 

Then this happened, literally from the feedback window: 

Jaheira- Cast call lightning: Shade Lord
Jaheira did 28 damage to Shade Lord
Shade Lord: Save vs Spell
Jaheira: Death
Schermafdruk%202015-05-05%2009.20.17_zps

Only half a round later, this happens:

Nalia casts magic missle: Shade Lord
Shade Lord: Magic resistance
Shade Lord: Magic resistance
Nalia did 2 damage to Shade Lord
Nalia did 2 damage to Shade Lord
Nalia: Death
Schermafdruk%202015-05-05%2009.23.01_zps

So 2 chunks of npcs dealing damage to the SL, in half a round. I checked BBoD, didn't do it. I checked the SL abilities, I know dead npcs turn into shades but then I have no idea how they died. Maybe chromatic orb- fail save, but there were no castings of chromatic orb. 

So what happened, anyone know? ... appreciate it.

Cheers!

• Blind_Visionary likes this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

The Shade Lord's aura can kill if you're too close.  In your case though I suspect it was the result of using summons against him.  I think that the script to turn dead enemies into shadows mis-fires if an enemy is chunked and targets someone else.  If a summons is chunked by the BBoD that means that someone in the party is going to disappear ...

For a bit of background to the bug have a look here.

• Golden28 likes this

Aasim

Aasim
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

The Shade Lord's aura can kill if you're too close.  In your case though I suspect it was the result of using summons against him.  I think that the script to turn dead enemies into shadows mis-fires if an enemy is chunked and targets someone else.  If a summons is chunked by the BBoD that means that someone in the party is going to disappear ...

For a bit of background to the bug have a look here.

That's about right, but it has nothing to do with the distance you're taking from him (unless he level drains you to oblivion). Here's more about it. Unfortunately, DavidW isn't around and if this is a bug or an intended feature remains to be seen.

• Golden28 likes this