Baldur's Gate 1 No-Reload Challenge

• Please log in to reply
16394 replies to this topic

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts

Grond0 wrote...

True - probably because there are some encounters where the person requires an item to be in the inventory of the character doing the talking ...

I’m probably teaching my grandmother to suck eggs here, but did you know that you can fairly safely carry sixteen Ankheg shells from the farm to Beregost, and the person talking to Thunderhammer does not have to be carrying the shell. Remember however to be only carrying one when talking to him. Now to me the feat of carrying so many shells such a distance is truly amazing. Posted Image

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts
Jezebel, Imoen and Rasaad. Page 5.

I only needed two invisibility scrolls before I knew the words off by heart. I practiced on the three of us and we giggled like a bunch of girls as we sneaked past a mage and into the Friendly Arm Inn. Some inside were friendly, such as the man with an uncle in the city of Baldur's Gate. Others, not so friendly and we left one such brute well alone.

Imoen picked up some antidotes and an item for dry cleaning, then we decided to leave the way we came. That poor mage must have suspected something as Imoen was laughing out loud by this time, but by the time he'd worked it out we were long gone.

We were ambushed again on the way to Nashkel mine and it could have turned really ugly if Rasaad hadn't used his fiery attack. Imoen shot one attacker down with her arrows but five more fell to the aforementioned brute who had flanked our enemy. With the battle won he introduced himself as Dorn and asked to accompany us. Rasaad may silently dissent and Imoen did so more vocally but as I see it he can be a hulking brute, or a hulking brute on our side.

His first job is to pick up all the heavy loot and we head back to Beregost to sell it. Imoen wants to explore the town and walks right into a half-elf called Neera who is asking for help. Rasaad and Imoen immediately ready themselves to assist a person in need while Dorn senses an opportunity for further bloodshed. I, on the other hand, am sizing up our Thayan opposition to see what gear they can donate to my cause.

Neera casts a spell and the lead Thayan vanishes. As skilled a storyteller as I am, it pains me to discover I cannot make it sound too heroic a battle. Rasaad uses his Sun Soulray to mildly injure the remaining wizard and two bodyguards but causes as much damage again to me. Neera has cast sleep and the bodyguards lie prone allowing Rasaad to finish them off, while Dorn has poisoned the wizard. The battle is over and our only injury is self-inflicted.

Neera wants to travel with us too and nobody objects so our party now numbers five. There are slim pickings on these Thayan corpses so we must look elsewhere for riches.

Charlestonian Knight Templar

• Members
  • 981 posts

7pd6.png
MORDRED, BLACK GUARD OF ASMODEUS

My new PC is Mordred of Candlekeep. Mordred is based the villainous character of Arthurian legend.  Using the TSR Deities & Demigods Manual as my guide, Modred is listed as a Knight of Quality which equates to having statistics ‘which may never be below 13 & most average 16,’ 1   So I set my Minimum Stats Cheat @ 13. In legend Mordred is the notorious traitor who fought King Arthur at the Battle of Camlann, where he was killed and Arthur fatally wounded. Tradition varies on his relationship to Arthur, but he is best known today as Arthur's illegitimate son by his half-sister Morgause. 2

To tailor him for Baldur’s Gate play, I’ll use the ‘illegitimate’ part of the Arthurian character & merge it w/the PCs lack of knowledge about his own past. 

Raised in Candlekeep on the Sword Coast above the Sea of Swords by the sage Gorion, Mordred has been schooled in wisdom & prophesy by the learned Monks of that place & is literate, unlike most of the populace of Faerun. When not studying the prophesy or the history of the Time of troubles, Mordred trained under the Gate Warden & the Watchers of Candlekeep to be skilled as a warrior. 

Mordred took the basic skills he was taught and honed them. The Gate Warden & Watchers tried to train him to use the Quarter Staff & the Long Sword, but Mordred insisted on using the Bastard Sword as a symbol of his unknown past. Gorion, after all, is not his father so he is, indeed, a bastard. 

His anger runs deep & Mordred has a Black Heart. Mordred is Lawful & Evil & his homage is to Asmodeus. To be Lawful & Evil he believes is, ultimately, to serve Asmodeus, god of sin, King of the Nine Hells. He knows full well about the dead Lawful Evil deities Bane & Bhaal but Asmodeus fought the demons of chaos as the greatest of the angels who were created by the deities of law to combat them & bring order to the Chaos. Asmodeus is the author of the Pact Primeval while Bane is relegated to ‘essence’ having been killed by Torm. No, to be Lawful & Evil is to subjugate ones efforts to the Lord of the Nine Hells and none other. Mordred knows that on the Prime material Plane, Asmodeus has more cultists than all the other Arch-Devils combined & that those who worship other Arch-Devils, nonetheless, draw power from Asmodeus.  Mordred is aware that Asmodeus influences all levels of society & has followers of nearly every race, even in the strongest bastions for good. Mordred believes serving Asmodeus is the path to great power & that to attain that power he must become a leader where opportunity presents itself. 3 Displaying the courage, influence & magnetism to be a leader will be a huge challenge for Mordred, b/c like the devils he worships, he is a coward & sees no shame in letting others fight his battles while he waits, out of harms way, to secure credit for success. 

Little does Mordred know that Asmodeus also knows all about his past & has every intention of harnessing his relationship to Bhaal, The god of death, to further his own diabolical aims.  

llli.png
MEAGER BEGINNINGS WITH A VISION OF DIABOLICAL DESTINY

Notes:
1 Deities & Demigods, Cyclopedia of Gods & Heroes from Myth & Legend, TSR Games, © 1980
2 Mordred: Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., last modified 19 February 2014
3 Fiendish Codex II: Tyrants of the Nine Hells: Robin Laws & Robert Schwalb, Wizards of the Coast, © 2006
4 Medium Image, Knight of the White Hart, courtesy Infernal Finn, DeviantArt.com
5 Small Image, Mordred, Kamille Freske @ KamilleFreske.com

Edited by Charlestonian Knight Templar, 09 April 2014 - 10:30 PM.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts
Best wishes for a successful run with Mordred, CKT. I appreciate the thought you put into building your character.

Cheers,

A.

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts
Jezebel, Imoen, Rasaad, Dorn and Neera. Page 6.

Silke the thespian chose the wrong people to upset, Rasaad punches her first, just beating an arrow from Imoen then a single magic missile from Neera lands before Dorn chunks her. Garrick is already spouting prose about the deed and suggesting he travel with us. No chance; although I quickly jot down his descriptive efforts to record it as my own.

It is time to test out the protection from petrification scroll. Rasaad and Dorn confirm it is effective against two large groups of basilisks. A gnome illusionist called Mutamin perishes with them and then I decide we should deal with Kirian and her gang. She is badly wounded and we switch to Peter but the poison inflicted by Dorn just fails to kill her. Dorn is held just as he is about to drain some health so I switch to chromatic orbs. Rasaad is scared off and Dorn dies.

Neera has used an Aganazzar Scorcher and moves around, as she is casting a second Kirian hits her with a lightning bolt. Imoen manages to kill Kirian then I kill Peter. Lindin and Baerin start to chase me so Imoen shoots Baerin down and I draw Lindin towards Rasaad who has recovered. With the battle won we grab all the loot plus the bodies of Dorn / Neera and head to a temple then a store.

Dorn and Neera both talk a bit more about their past and we set off past Nashkel mine to track down an old associate of Dorn, a woman called Kryll.

• Members
  • 981 posts
I’ve finally freed myself from my 20 years of misery @ Candlekeep. Gorion suddenly wanted us to get out of there in a hurry & told me to pack for a journey. He wouldn’t tell me what the urgency was but I just relished the idea of getting out of there. 

Key Event: Before I left, I pummeled Fuller & another Watcher in the barrack’s to get their Plate Mail. I thought I’d get away w/it since two assassins had attacked me earlier so I hoped the blame would go to them. Apparently, I was wrong about that as my reputation has already taken a serious dive…something I will have to rectify lest I run into problems w/the Flaming Fists or Amnish authorities. Regardless, Plate mail is an absolute must & I can’t stand Fuller or Hull & I wish I could have caught them together but I had to take out another Watcher when I killed Fuller. 

Posted Image

PICKING UP A COUPLE OF SETS OF PLATE MAIL!

Praise Asmodeus, just a couple of hours after leaving we were ambushed by a couple of Ogres, a spell caster of some kind & a huge knight in black armor. He wanted me though & when Gorion told me to run, I naturally obeyed. Gorion Killed the Ogres & the spellcaster but the knight cut him down. By then, I was well hidden & he couldn’t find me. I was free!

I killed a couple of wolves & a diseased Gibberling before crossing from Lion’s Way to the Coast Way. When I crossed over into Coast Way, I was assaulted by at least a dozen Diseased Gibberling’s which I finally dealt w/before withdrawing to the edge of the Coast Way to rest. Afterward, I met a Bard, Eldoth, who wanted my help in an extortion scheme that sounds like it might be profitable. In return he offers his service to me free of charge. As a Bard, I can use him as my Herald so this is a win-win-win for me. He says he can cast spells too. I’ll see. I decided to go back to Lion’s Way to see if I was being hunted by Watcher’s from Candlekeep. Finding none was a relief &, even better, I found a Necromancer named Xzar & an assassin named Montaron. I’ve added them as my Mage/Sage & Assassin respectfully. I can use both of those skills. After I added them, I led my servants on a complete sweep of Lion’s Way. I killed everything except two Dire Wolves & some Bears. I may go back for them later but not now. 

Treasure of Note: Plate Mail (Me); Dagger +1 (TBD)

Current Disposition:  Camping off the Road on the edge of the Coast & Lion’s Way

Next Steps:
I want to explore Coast Way the way I did Lion’s Way…but first I need arrows for Eldoth & to decide if Montaron is worth raising from the dead. He took a dirt nap late yesterday in a battle w/two wolves.

Level Up: Asmodeus has seen fit to promote me to Miscreant (Anti-Paladin/2) & granted me Aura of Despair to augment Doom & Poison Weapon that he’s already graciously granted (Eldoth & Montaron joined @ 2nd Level)

Current Party: (Reputation: 4 - Despised)
Mordred
:  Fighter (Blk Gd)/2; Plate Mail w/Lg Shld, B/Swd** (SSS**)
Eldoth: Bard/2; Chain Mail, Sh/Bow*, Dgr*
Montaron: Thief (Asn)/2; Studded Leather w/Sm Shld, Sh Swd*
Xzar: Mage (Nec)/1; Dgr*, T/Knives* (Ch/Touch, LM/Drain)

Mods Used: HardTimes-v2; BG1UB_v12; bg1npc-v20; X0black101 (Blackguard); MegaModKits v1.01L; level1npcs-v1.9; bg2_tweaks-v14; Randomizer-v68; scs-v21 (- Tactical Challenges)

Reloads: 0

Edited by Charlestonian Knight Templar, 24 February 2014 - 04:48 PM.

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts

Alesia_BH wrote...

Best wishes for a successful run with Mordred, CKT. I appreciate the thought you put into building your character.

Cheers,

A.

I agree. That is what makes your posts so interesting.

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Krak - dwarven barbarian (3rd and final update - raging bull)

Krak undertook a number of reputation quests to get that up to 20.  That included slaughtering the inhabitants of an ankheg nest (though he needed to rest once to finish them all off under rage) to find a body.  Also went to get the tome from Durlag's Tower, sweeping a couple of battle horrors aside on the way.

In the City he picked up the dexterity tome without conflict.  The wisdom tome required a fight with Jalantha, but she didn't put up much of a struggle.  Krak decided to take on Larze, using potions of speed, frost giant strength, heroism and invulnerability first and the same rage also accounted for Marek upstairs.  The third tome came courtesy of Ramazith, although Krak did need to rest twice while raging his way up the tower (I thought once would be enough, but being slowed by the mustard jellies resulted in a delay).

Drelik & Jardak made him work hard.  Krak didn't use any potions at the Helm & Cloak and had to run when just the 2 mages were left.  After resting he returned to quickly finish them off (picked up the axe +2 and Helm of Balduran there).  Potions were used to allow him to finish off Degrodel's guards without having to run and he went to pick up the Cloak of Balduran.

Returning Tremain's son got Krak to level 9.  He got the minimum 6 HPs for that, but still has a very nice 133 HPs (including 5 from Helm).  I don't normally allow my characters to breach the BG1 XP cap like that, but I was worried that trying to defeat Sarevok with only 2 rages would be rather difficult and risky.

With no need for further XP Krak used invisibility to go up the Iron Throne before just running quickly away.

At Candlekeep Krak used a scroll of magic protection with cloud giant strength / DUHM to loot the tombs.  The doppleganger and the spiders died in the lightning trap before Krak left invisibly (I was intending to melee Sarevok so didn't need Prat's throwing axe).

Back in the City Krak used the same selection of potions as before on Slythe and kept them going for the palace.  A single rage there killed 5 of the dopplegangers, while the other one was scared and ran upstairs - Krak still had a rage remaining for it.

After resting Krak used another scroll of protection from magic and invisibility potion to run through the maze and bypass the Undercity party.  After using potions of mind focusing, power, speed, invulnerability, regeneration and frost giant strength, Krak added rage and used a dispelling arrow to pull Sarevok out to fight.  The remainder of that rage saw Sarevok to near death, while Krak was down to 61 of his 175 HPs.  I decided he didn't need to retreat to regenerate and in fact one further hit on Sarevok proved enough (showing that I had actually been far too pessimistic about Krak's chances of killing him with 2 rages while under the influence of potions).

Krak remembered to go and pick up the pantaloons before returning to speak to Duke Belt and has just arrived in Jon's dungeon.

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts
Aethelflaed died between areas. An ambush by wyverns and spiders got him poisoned.
By the time he got the anti-venom potion into the quickslot he was dead. (Game doesn't pause in vanilla). I was stupid. Antivenom should ALWAYS me in the quickslot.

Now time to install BGT I think, as my new computer should be able to cope even with multiple mods.

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts
Safe travels for your new Blackguard, CKT!

Well done, Grond0! Don't let that bull's rage lead Krak into the troubles...

And hard luck there, Wise... Looking forward for your new, multi-mod run.

Edited by Serg BlackStrider, 24 February 2014 - 11:53 AM.

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts
Congrats Grond0! Hope your character does well in Amn...

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts

Jezebel the Skald.
With Imoen, Rasaad, Dorn and Neera. Page 7.

Kryll has been practicing necromancy, turning several townsfolk into skeletons. Dorn has both an aura and poison active while Rasaad has caused another fiery explosion with his fists. I'm singing encouragement while Neera casts a scorcher and Imoen shoots arrows at Kryll. The battle is over quickly.

Neera mentions a Wild Mage called Adoy and asks if we can track him down. I can't think of anything better to do so off we go. As soon as we find him the Thayvians arrive, led by Ekandor once more who stoneskins as battle commences. Dorn poisons his weapon and Ekandor finds his stoneskins are inadequate, while Rasaad harries two bodyguards. Neera and Imoen deal with a second mage and then Neera runs from the bodyguards who prefer to target her. My singing has helped Dorn finish Ekandor and an ogre, he then turns and helps clear the remaining enemies.

I remember a tale about a strange ogre north of Beregost so suggest we head there next. A slight detour sees us walk past a tower where Baeloth the drow drops out of the sky and into our party ( he has 45k xp compared to our 13k-17k).

The ogre is wearing two girdles, one as a necklace and the other as a bracelet. I can identify one, the other joins our growing list of strange items which I will declare safe or otherwise at some stage.

Dorn is charmed by a sirine at the beach, chasing Rasaad who can see the poison dripping from the Rancor blade of the Blackguard and is wisely staying out of reach. A few moments later Rasaad is also charmed and the two men stand idle, fortunately out of our sight. Imoen takes two arrows of biting as she retreats from the sirines then Baeloth finds his Shield / Mirror combo fails to stop another arrow. By this time two sirines are dead and he has cast remove invisibility. The third sirine finds Dorn bearing down on her as Rasaad picks on a hobgoblin.

Sil and her two sirine friends are easier pickings after being softened up by two fireballs. I turn Dorn invisible and Baeloth hastes us so Imoen can share her arrows of biting with three flesh golems, being careful to remove traps first.
Baldr010.png

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts

Jezebel the Skald.
With Imoen, Rasaad, Dorn, Neera and Baeloth. Page 8.

I'm picking up a lot of new material for my songs. Today started with us protecting Jared from a huge bear before we bumped into a most attractive paladin called Laurel - her face looks familiar but I cannot quite place it. Rasaad and Baeloth took her at her word and set fire to a horde of gibberlings, and then Dorn chunked a fat-happy ogre. Then we stormed a bridge and Baeloth tossed a fireball past Neville the bandit and incinerated five hobgoblins waiting to attack us.

Sendai of Amn calls our bluff. Erm, he's the half-orc blackguard who is standing invisibly next to you and cuts down Alexander and Delgod just as Neera stuns Sendai with a Chromatic Orb. A "dog" called "Rufie" is returned to "Albert", as we prepare to leave I stumble over an identify scroll dropped by a xvart. Time to rest and see what equipment we have collected; only then do Neera and Baeloth admit they both know identify already. We've soon identified everything so head for the nearest store.

Stories about Firewine Bridge reach my ear, the way there runs past Gullykin and while I have little interest in small tales for small folk we bump into Molkar and his mercenaries. They manage to scare Rasaad and Neera but Dorn stands firm and hacks them into pieces while the rest of us work together to try and keep Neera alive. She is hasted so Baeloth wastes three dispels but with our enemies defeated we can wait for her to calm down in safety.

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

The new names look great! Thanks to whoever took care of that!

Best,

A.

Btw. I'm currently testing a BG:EE + SCS install by doing a quick solo run through with Alora. Assuming she does't encounter any game breaking bugs, I'll likely begin a NR challenge game soon after- probably with the ponies although I'm also considering an insane run with a pair of sorcerers. 

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Corerand entering Trilgoy No-reload challenge...

So decided it was time for a random party- I used my random party generator I made about two years ago to create characters - proficiencies  are random too, except I did force at least one random weapon before weapon style. I'm liking my group compared to a lot of random parties I've had in the past...

Here's the stats generated by my program:

Timestamp: 02-25-2014 23:00:26
Random Party Member # 1 

Ranger the Female, Human, Stalker
    Lawful Good

Strength        14               Racial Enemy:  Shadow
    Dexterity       13
    Constitution    15                 PROFICIENCIES:
    Intelligence    13                 Crossbow **
    Wisdom          17                 Long Bow *
    Charisma        13                 Single Weapon Style *
    Total Points =  85                 Two Weapon Style **

Timestamp: 02-25-2014 23:01:05
Random Party Member # 2 

Clumsy the Female, Half-Orc, Priest of Talos
    Chaotic Evil

Strength        13
    Dexterity        9
    Constitution    16                 PROFICIENCIES:
    Intelligence    11                 Club *
    Wisdom          17                 Two-Handed Weapon Style *
    Charisma         9
    Total Points =  75                 

Timestamp: 02-25-2014 23:01:25
Random Party Member # 3 

Tank the Male, Elf, Ranger
    Chaotic Good

Strength        16               Racial Enemy:  Troll
    Dexterity       15
    Intelligence    12                 Long Sword *
    Wisdom          14                 Halberd **
    Charisma        13                 Two-Handed Weapon Style *
    Total Points =  85                 Two Weapon Style **

Timestamp: 02-25-2014 23:01:49
Random Party Member # 4 

Corerand the Male, Half-Elf, Archer (protagonist)
    Chaotic Good

Strength        15               Racial Enemy:  Golem
    Dexterity       15
    Constitution    14                 PROFICIENCIES:
    Intelligence    12                 Dagger *
    Wisdom          15                 Halberd *
    Charisma        16                 Flail/Morning Star *
    Total Points =  87                 Quarter Staff *
                                       Two Weapon Style **

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts

I think, it's good time to report the latest Impish Face's progress while the details are not faded away from my memory completely...

In Cloakwood Druids area Takiyah fell pretty easy being Silenced while Izefia proved to be a worthy opponent. Jaheira began with pretty nice Flame strike on him but got nearly the same lightning one in return while being Doomed and Charmed! *Cmon, Jaheira! You found those Werewolf-looking beasts attractive!?! Don't be silly, lassie...*

Moreover she was swarmed with bears and werewolf shaped druids... *Time to get you out of troubles!* - heavy artillery volley coupled with Horror from the Wand saved the day for her.

I remember Amarande as being pain in the ...umm... head so left him alone for now and after clearing the rest of the area we moved forward for some wyvern hunting. They couldn't stand vs the army of undeads so that area was pretty straightforward.

Jaheira got the level and now is able to call for woodland being. This is a great boon for our course as we'll see soon. On the Mines area invisible Dynaheir spotted a pair of suspiciously looking brutes so our Nymph fired a Confusion in their direction disabling three of them! Aha! More in hiding! How about some Stinking Cloud+Web+Horror+Fireballs? With both mages dead and Genthore fled in nearby building the fight was pretty much over. The *shiny ones* here are: Potion of Magic Shielding, Plate Mail +1 and Helm of Glory, Girdle of Piercing (finally!) and some useful spells and potions. We are not going to enter the Mines without a thief (and Imoen need about 10000 exp to get her thief abilities back) so some exp farming is in to-do list.

First was the Ankheg farm - Jaheira, armed with all possible equipment vs missile/piercing attacks (Full Plate Mail, Girdle of Piercing), wearing Boots of Speed, buffed with Potions of Heroism + Hill Giant Strength + Pro Evil and with Khalid's ranged support cleared the whole nest and outskirts without any issues being hit only 3 or 4 times. Looted Large Shield +1 and Ring of Energy in the nest. 

Helped Tenya vs evil fishermen (attacking her only with bare hands and not any ranged to ensure she'll not went hostile after the talk) and cleared the farm from zombies. The Ulgoth's Beard store is emptied by Randomizer - no wands, no any mages spells, no shiny ones,  only a harp which I don't need... :(

Next headed to Peldvale and got a surprising welcoming party. Hit with double Fireball, Web, Horror - an overkill but I just love the picture... :rolleyes:

Imoen need 2300 exp more... Not sure where to get them... maybe in Spider's Wood.   :?

Current state (inventory and record):

Impish Face, Fighter (6) / Illusionist (6), 539 kills (Revenant);

Jaheira, Fighter (6) / Druid (7), 326 kills (Wolf of Ulcaster);

Khalid, Fighter (7), 660 kills (Greater Basilisk);

Viconia, Cleric (7), 108 kills (Mustard Jelly);

Dynaheir, Invoker (7), 64 kills (Doomsayer);

Imoen, Thief (6) / Mage (6), 151 kills (Kysus). 3 revival.

to be continued...

@Corey: All the best with your random party! Looks like the Item Randomiser could fit nicely here... ;)  (I love this mod so far...)

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Thanks Serg! I hope I can do well with these guys, it will be quite a challenge as it is...

Kevin Lynch

Kevin Lynch
  • Members
  • 1,874 posts

The new names look great! Thanks to whoever took care of that!

Just had to wait for these new forums to pop up and moderator status is back in force. :ph34r:

Enjoy the continuing saga!

• Alesia_BH likes this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Final Corerand Update!

One thing that happens is I often get saddled with classes I'm not very familiar with when playing random parties, and it bit me on this ambush. The party was ambushed by Xvarts and everyone had to do what they could. Corerand went to the top of the map with his staff, with ankheg armor and helmet - he was only level one but I thought he could survive. Joshua tried to keep two xvarts busy, Paja fired her heavy crossbow, and Hanna tried to fire a lightning bolt at an xvart killing it - the xvart moved though, so Hanna and Paja moved out the way of the bolt...good, good...well a little problem - the bolt had so much energy it traveled the whole area twice and managed to slay Corerand at the top of the ambush area! I had no idea he was in the path...pretty sad, Corerand was only level 1 (rangers level slow). Might try another 4 man random party again, or something else... not sure yet.

Corerandkilledbyxvart_zpsa70149bc.png

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

CoreTalos entering Trilogy challenge...

I did another random 4 party members again using my random party generator. Got another Priest of Talos, so decided to be that character, this way I can protect myself from my own bolts...I do like my party make-up, so will try to take better care of these guys.

Timestamp: 02-26-2014 18:40:35
Random Party Member # 1 

Hanna, Female, Elf, Sorcerer
    True Neutral

Strength        15
    Dexterity       14
    Constitution     9                 PROFICIENCIES:
    Intelligence     9                 Dagger *
    Wisdom          15
    Charisma        13
    Total Points =  75                 

Timestamp: 02-26-2014 18:40:53
Random Party Member # 2 

Paja, Female, Half-Orc, Berserker
    Neutral Evil

Strength        16
    Dexterity       11
    Intelligence     6                 Bastard Sword **
    Wisdom          14                 Two-Handed Sword **
    Charisma        13
    Total Points =  75                 

Timestamp: 02-26-2014 18:41:18
Random Party Member # 3 

CoreTalos, Male, Half-Orc, Priest of Talos (protagonist)
    Neutral Evil

Strength        16
    Dexterity       11
    Constitution    18                 PROFICIENCIES:
    Intelligence    10                 Flail/Morning Star *
    Wisdom          11                 Two-Handed Weapon Style *
    Charisma        13
    Total Points =  79                 

Timestamp: 02-26-2014 18:41:29
Random Party Member # 4 

Misty, Female, Halfling, Kensai
    True Neutral

Strength        10
    Dexterity       16
    Constitution    17                 PROFICIENCIES:
    Intelligence    10                 Long Sword *
    Wisdom           9                 Club *
    Charisma        14                 Halberd *
    Total Points =  76                 Two-Handed Weapon Style *

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Final Corerand Update!

Hanna tried to fire a lightning bolt at an xvart killing it - the xvart moved though, so Hanna and Paja moved out the way of the bolt...good, good...well a little problem - the bolt had so much energy it traveled the whole area twice and managed to slay Corerand at the top of the ambush area!

So, you killed yourself with a Lightning Bolt during an xvart ambush? Wow: That has to be the ultimate No-Reload Challenge face palm moment...

(That's ok: We've all suffered ignominious deaths at one point or another. Coreand's was at least funny. Good luck with your new crew!)

Best,

A.

Btw. Your new random party looks excellent. A sorcerer, a berserker, a kensai, and a priest of talos: that's an interesting combination. 

• corey_russell likes this

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Quick Note: Alora has nearly completed her run: She has rescued the dukes and is now preparing for the final confrontation with Sarevok. So far it's been a surprisingly fun ride. BG:EE + SCS v 28 looks like a winning combination. I'd definitely recommend it.

I wasn't planning to cover this run, but it now feels worth reporting. When I get a chance I'll post on Alora's adventures from the Keep to the Duchal Palace fight. I'll send her off to face Sarevok soon after.

Best,

A. 

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts

BG:EE + SCS v 28 looks like a winning combination. I'd definitely recommend it.

That's good to know :)  I'm going to try v.28 someday on BG:EE as I'm not able to install it on TuTu. Just going to wait a little bit more for Infinity Animations also work on EE...

====

Impish Face spotted a pretty fat source of exp in Spider's Wood. Time to harvest it! Stinking Cloud, Confusion, Immolation and we got a full load of it. A bit more Ettercaps and Imoen finally regained her thief skills, yay! 

The fight with Red Wizards was long and thus quite interesting. Their buffs allowed them to withstand nearly all stuff that we could offer them and only one of them fell to Confusion (alone with some of their summons). At one moment Denak Sunfired our skellies and most their own summons but called for a pair of Phase Spiders. Jaheira was immediately poisoned and that poison ticked pretty fast... Nonetheless they all fell one after another: first Brendan, then Lasala, followed by Denak  and finally Diana. Found Telefield scroll and Gauntlets of Fumbling on Denak.

I think, we'll make a visit to the Firewine Ruins now.

to be continued...

Gate70

Gate70
  • Members
  • 3,208 posts

Jezebel the Skald.
With Imoen, Rasaad, Dorn, Neera and Baeloth. Page 9.

Meilum collapses quickly so we take a moment to review. He saved against the chomatic orb from Neera (3 damage) and gets a Melf Acid Arrow from Baeloth (5) before Dorn hits with added poison (14 + 2 + 2) and Imoen strikes with an arrow (8). So far so good but then Rasaad lands his first Flaming Fists strike, a critical at that (16 + 7 damage).

Nashkel Mine is next, although one of us has grander plans.

Baldr011.png

I am glad to see the vial of mysterious liquid is a murky brown colour and not so easily mistakable for an antidote in the darkness.

• Alesia_BH and corey_russell like this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

So, you killed yourself with a Lightning Bolt during an xvart ambush? Wow: That has to be the ultimate No-Reload Challenge face palm moment...

(That's ok: We've all suffered ignominious deaths at one point or another. Coreand's was at least funny. Good luck with your new crew!)

Best,

A.

Btw. Your new random party looks excellent. A sorcerer, a berserker, a kensai, and a priest of talos: that's an interesting combination. 

I suppose is a little funny now that you mention it. My random parties rarely live long, for some reason I find it tough to use gimped characters. With this new party, for example, the Kensai has halberd skill and two handed weapon skill...but the Kensai is too weak to actually pick up a halberd! The new party does look promising, I especially like the berserker, we should be able to do things like Neira with that...

• Alesia_BH likes this