Baldur's Gate 1 No-Reload Challenge

• Please log in to reply
16394 replies to this topic

Onirathiel

Onirathiel
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Thanks so much Blackraven!

What the Baldur's Gate Reloaded mod does is change it to 3d, put it in the NWN2 Engine(3.5), and all the xp and items are the same, and as far as I know, same with enemy stats. They are working on BGR, Shadows of Amn Reloaded right now.(only reason I asked is I want to play a warlock, and I like the engine.)
Thanks Again!

Onirathiel
  • Grimwald the Wise and Blackraven like this

Enuhal

Enuhal
  • Members
  • 363 posts

Sahal, gnomish cleric/illusionist, update 6

Sahal returned to Candlekeep, re-exploring the fortress and entering the library. Eventually, he encountered the Iron Throne leaders. I decided to save my buffs for later and simply attack. With the help of some magic missles, the fight was over quickly. After being arrested, the party fought their way through the catacombs, obtaining, among other things, a ring of fire resistance and tomes of wisdon (for Sahal) and strength. I thought about who I'd give the strength tome to and eventually decided to give it to Imoen - strange choice, I know, but I won't have Khalid in BG2, Jaheira is already using gauntlets of ogre strength (and will gain a belt of hill giant strength fairly early in BG2), I don't care about Sahal's strength, and I like the fact that this way, Imoen will be able to carry a bit more stuff.

For the second level of the catacombs, I had Imoen use a protection from undead scroll to disarm the traps before killing the skeletons. Now, the party used the first round of buffs to combat the higher doppelgangers. Most of the buffs and summons, however, were saved for Prat's party. Jaheira did most of the work, summoning forest beings and using her first 5th level spell, insect plague, to great success. Khalid killed the basilisk, and the party returned to Baldur's Gate.

I decided to kill Sarevok before entering Balduran's Island or Durlag's Tower, so I talked to Tamoko, got arrested, got out, talked to Tamoko again, fought my way back in and saved Eltan (gave Khalid a strength potion to carry the duke and be more effective in the upcoming battles). Now, the party entered the Iron Throne HQ again, went upstairs, buffed and engaged Cythandria. Slythe and Krystin were next.

Sahal rested before entering the duchal palace. Preparations included the usual buffs plus strength potions for everyone and heroism for Jaheira and Khalid - also, summoned skeletons and forest beings. As soon as the battle started, Sahal used greater malison to aid Jaheira's insect plague. Luckily, both dukes survived.

The party rested again, bought some potions at Sorcerous Sundries and followed Sarevok. An invisible Imoen disarmed the traps in the labyrinth, and the party followed, killing some slimes, battle horrors and skeleton warriors. For the undercity, Khalid, protected by chaotic commands among other things, used a scoll and potion to protect him from fire and engaged the Undercity Party, forcing the archer to mainly kill his own friends with the arrows of detonation. However, the mage dispelled his protections and, while the party tried to help him and eventually killed the other enemies, Khalid died - so Sahal had to go all the way back though the labyrinth to resurrect him.

Back again, the group killed Tamoko and entered the temple. I had Jaheira and Khalid use storm giant strength potions, heroism, invulnerability, and even regeneration for Khalid. With the usual buffs and summons, Imoen pulled Sarevok back to the party. None of his allies engaged. Sarevok quickly killed the summons, so Khalid and Jaheira fought him head to head. Sahal kept using the wand of monster summoning to create additional fodder. Both Khalid and Jaheira were heavily wounded, with Jaheira starting to use her sling. Eventually, Sarevok was defeated.

Next, it's time to complete the TotSC content.

Enuhal

• ussnorway, Serg BlackStrider and Blackraven like this

vbigiani

vbigiani
  • Members
  • 42 posts
Jane Shepard in Baldur's Gate - run 4 - update 1

Jane Shepard - a Human Biotic Vanguard
Spoiler

aided by...

Urdnot Wrex - Half-Orc Berzerker
Spoiler

Samara - Elven Inquisitor
Spoiler

Tali' Zorah nar Rayaa vas Normandy - Cleric/Thief
Spoiler

Garrus Vakarian - Dwarven Archer
Spoiler

Liara T'Soni - Elven Sorceress
Spoiler

WeiDU.log. Notable mods / rule tweaks are:
Baldur's Gate Trilogy
Ascension
SCS AI (no challenges)
3rd Edition ruleset
No traps and locks
Baldur's Gate 1 - style proficiencies (I.E. Bastard Sword, Long Sword, Two-handed Sword, Katana, Scimitar/Wakisashi/Ninjato all fall under Large Swords)
Multi-class clerics can use the other class' weapons

Candlekeep: Tali managed to loot the Star Sapphire from the upstairs in Candlekeep Inn, allowing the party to buy out the temple's potions.
Lion's Way: fully cleared out (this time I didn't bother looting Imoen and Montaron's potions and wands).
Coast Way: fully cleared out (the Ogre succumbed easily to the Firing Squad).
Friendly Arm Inn: the ring is succesfully identified (via Tehtoril's scroll) and worn by Liara. Joia's ring is returned, Wrex easily duels against Tarnesh (in fact, Wrex guesses managing to one-shot him with a thrown axe though his Mirrored Images!).
Spoiler

Beregost: Tali clears out the Manor, Kagain's and Taerom's shop, Marl is calmed down, and Thalantyr's book is returned.
Trade Way North - against the Flaming Fist Mercenaries, Wrex claimed innocence on account of his good looks - this did not please the guards, who attacked the party (and died after ~15 minutes of kiting, thanks to the awesome THAC0 that level one parties boast).
Sharp Teeth Waste: the plan was to have Liara cast Protection from Petrification on Garrus, and have him solo the basilisks for the easy-XP. This backfired, because after a reinstall they have learned to switch to melee attacks against protected enemies; moreover, Greater Basilisks move faster than the PGs, so they can't be kited by a single character. Garrus' Protection spell wore off (thankfully he retreated in time); Wrex and Tali managed to dual team a Greater Basilisks, but Wrex died once his Rage wore off (forgot about that, otherwise he'd have drank a potion). Thankfully, we had the funds for a Resurrection spell.
Spoiler

After a resurrection, the rest of the Basilisks was shot down by Samara, Tali and Garrus without incident (earning everybody level 2). We then tried to pull one adventurer at a time from Kirian; they started chasing us en masse, but we finally managed to isolate and shoot them down individually (this required more luck than I should be proud of, since none of the casters managed to hit us, but still - mission succesfull!). This earned Wrex and Jane their 3rd level. Taking down Mutamin was another success for Wrex and the Firing Squad, and earned everybody their third level (Liara choosing Magic Missile as her next spell).
On our return to Beregost, Silke, Karlat and the Spiders fell without issue in plain melee, earning Tali her third Clerical level.
  • ussnorway, Serg BlackStrider, Grond0 and 2 others like this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Phantasmic 6 {37} - monks party (update 1)

I had a go at run 36 prior to Christmas.  That started well with HPs at level 4 better than they've been for a long time.  Unfortunately though I didn't pay enough attention to pathfinding when trying to retreat from the monks' first encounter with a Black Talon - the result was that Wraith (who had already taken some damage from a previous encounter) lagged behind the others and was finished off by a single critical shot.
Spoiler

After a Christmas break in their monastery the monks are back on the road.  A slight misjudgement early on when I thought Montaron was attacking someone else resulted in Phantom taking a couple of HPs of damage (a critical in that situation is potentially fatal so he shouldn't really be allowed an attack).  After that though I tightened things up while the monks cruised down their standard route from Shoal to Beregost then on to Nashkel via Brage.  In the process they've got up to level 3, with HPs again looking generally good so far.

Chimera - L3, 28 HPs, 16 kills
Spectre - L3, 19 HPs, 21 kills, 0 deaths
Phantom - L3, 25 HPs, 9 kills, 0 deaths
Wraith - L3, 26 HPs, 20 kills, 0 deaths
Spook - L3, 26 HPs, 10 kills, 0 deaths
Spirit - L3, 22 HPs, 12 kills, 0 deaths

Onirathiel

Onirathiel
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Ok, entering the No-Reload Challenge with the Baldur's Gate Reloaded mod, you can find the details at www.nexusmods.com/neverwinter2/mods/794/?, or just search Baldur's Gate Reloaded. (It basically puts BG1 in NWN2) If I need to do something different, I will be fine with it. My character is going to be Draco, the Fey Warlock of no deity. (Difficulty is second to hardest)

Stats:

[URL=http://s650.photobucket.com/user/Onirathiel/media/Stats_zps7ebu78op.png.html]

Overview:

[URL=http://s650.photobucket.com/user/Onirathiel/media/Stats_zpsc0pbt6cm.png.html]

Onirathiel

P.S.: (Rats are super duper dangerous, they do on dmg/hit, which is scary for 1st lvl.)

• ussnorway likes this

Onirathiel

Onirathiel
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Ok, I've been given 110 gold by my foster father, and told to equip myself. I spend 56 on one quarrel of bolts, studded leather, and a sickle, as well as a torch. I agree to get a scroll for ol'Firebead, and so go straight to it!

http://i650.photobuc...zpsvhwbvfy4.png

http://i650.photobuc...zpsyxezuklp.png

I then talk to Tethoril

http://i650.photobuc...zpswo7xzdi8.png

and am adressed by Imoen.

http://i650.photobuc...zpsx1latmob.png

On my way back to the Inn, I stumble into a house, where the owner, a loathsome man named Shank attacks me, but I am victorious thanks to my eldritch blast!

http://i650.photobuc...zpspr2sxhdv.png

Outside, Karan addresses me,

http://i650.photobuc...zpsznjts5u4.png

And I make my way on to the inn, talking with Phylidia to help her with her book problem. What is it with these people and losing things?

Onirathiel(I will update next when I am out of candlekeep)

• ussnorway and Blackraven like this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Sounds like an interesting mod Onirathiel - I hope to see more of your progress through it :).

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts

Sounds like an interesting mod Onirathiel - I hope to see more of your progress through it :).

Indeed! 

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Phantasmic 6 {37} - monks party (update 2)

The monks had reduced their reputation early on in order to give Chimera LMD as a Bhaal ability, so plenty of reputation tasks were required to maximise that.  Those started with Greywolf who made the old mistake of taking a potion of freedom prior to using an oil of speed.  Running him round even hasted is perfectly possible for monks, but his error made things easy for them.
Spoiler

To give a bit of extra firepower they went to find Meilum next.  Four stealthed monks all missed with stunning attacks on him and immediately reverted to giving him the run-around.  
Spoiler
They then returned to reputation tasks, starting with a successful revival of Melicamp.  Everyone got to level 4 while helping look for a child in the lighthouse area and they cruised through further encounters to maximise reputation after sneaking into the ankheg nest to get a body for Farmer Brun.

Tenya failed to disappear in time on their way to Ulgoth's Beard for some shopping.  
Spoiler
After a few more items were purchased at the Carnival the monks were ready to take on some basilisks.  The main lot recruited by Mutamin got everyone to level 5 before Korax was recruited to help crush Kirian's crew.  
Spoiler
Then it was on to Durlag's Tower to find some more basilisks - the battle horrors in the way being dispatched with a first use of the Wand of Heavens.  As usual they left the underground areas and the ghost and Kirinhale, but got away with an attack on Riggilo.
Spoiler

Chimera - L5, 36 HPs, 47 kills
Spectre - L5, 32 HPs, 112 kills, 0 deaths
Phantom - L5, 40 HPs, 48 kills, 0 deaths
Wraith - L5, 42 HPs, 56 kills, 0 deaths
Spook - L5, 37 HPs, 34 kills, 0 deaths
Spirit - L5, 35 HPs, 47 kills, 0 deaths

Enuhal

Enuhal
  • Members
  • 363 posts

Sahal, gnomish cleric/illusionist, update 7 (final update)

With Sarevok dead, the party travelled to Ulgoth's Beard, but not before buying any remaining useful potions all around the map. With the amount of strength potions available to me now, I had Khalid basically always use one, since they last quite long and he really profits a lot from them.

First, Sahal talked to Mendas and entered Balduran's Island. After accepting all of the quests, the party killed some werewolf groups and the sirene queen with the help of some skeletons, talked to Dradeel and returned to the village to rest and prepare for the shipwreck. Sahal entered with only minor buffs - protection from evil 10' radius, cc for Sahal and a strength potion. Khalid entered first, so that he'd be attacked by all of the enemies. With the help of holy smite, the party fought their way upstairs. Before entering the final level, lots of buffs were employed, including potions of heroism, invulnerability, cloud giant strength and regeneration. The well-prepared party made short work of Karoug and Daese. Back in the village, everyone made their way through the caves and confronted Kaishas, who was killed with the anti-werewolf weapons.

Back in Ulgoth's Beard, the party rested, buffed again (though this time, the only potions used were strength potions) and killed Mendas and his friend.

Now, time for Durlag's Tower. The battle horrors were slain in melee combat, and the upper levels quickly cleared (Sahal made a deal with Kirinhale and obtained his final wisdom tome). The dungeon itself was, of course, more interesting. The first level was fairly straightforward: With Imoen carefully disarming all of the traps, Khalid tanking, Jaheira using her quarterstaff to support him and the other ones ready with their magical ammunition (and the occasional magic missles spell from Sahal), the party quickly cleared the level and challenged the four guardians. Summoned skeletons and some buffs helped to win the battle.

In the second level, the group ran into some trouble in the torture chamber - some mage doppelgangers managed to cast multiple lightning bolts on Khalid, with the group unable to interrupt them because of their improved invisibility. Luckily, the bolts didn't jump to the rest of the party, and Khalid was healed back to full health. For the dwarven doom guards, Sahal summoned skeletons and used bless, chant and haste to help the party fight. I decided to return to the surface and rest for a bit.

Level 3 awaited, and I first took the northern path. For the middle path, an invisbile Imoen disarmed the traps, and Sahal killed the skeletons via turn undead. The southern path was cleared as well. Jaheira had some elemental protection spells and potions ready to make the southern rooms easier, and the earth room was the final one - but before killing the fissure slime, the party buffed for the chess board. Preparations included potions of heroism, making Khalid immune to fire and every party member immune to lightning (via potions of absorption). Thusly prepared, Sahal deployed his strategy: Khalid charged, and the rest of the party threw fireballs everywhere (using potions, necklace of missles, wand of fire etc.) until everything was dead. Very effective and quick.

Time for the final level. The party cleared the northern parts of the map (I started having Jaheira use the scimitar +2 and shield instead of her staff now), and I had Jaheira and Khalid use potions of freedom for the ghouls and carrion crawlers to the south, making this part relatively trivial. Then, it was time to attack the demon knight. I didn't have many buffs left, but didn't want to go upstairs to rest, so I tried it anyway. He quickly dispelled Khalid's protections, so I had he fighter use a strength potion again. Sadly, shortly before being defeated, the enemy managed to confuse Khalid, so he couldn't take any healing potions and was killed. No problem, though, he was quickly resurrected.

The party rested for while before returning to Ulgoth's Beard. There, Imoen and Sahal immediatly drank invisibility potions to avoid being backstabbed. As soon as the cult assassins were revealed, everyone joined the fight again. With the abundance of strength and heroism potions, the party used some of them to fight their way into the cult base. Everyone rested again and prepared for the final battle: Strength potions, potions of mirrored eyes, potions of magic shielding, oils of speed, potions of heroism and all of the usual divine and arcane buffs. The party equipped their melee weapons and ran downstairs, quickly starting to kill all of the cult members. Before the demon managed to do any significant damage, he was isolated. The potions of magic shielding made his attacks rather feeble, and soon he was heavily wounded. Seconds later, he died.

So, this is it. BG1 completed, and I'm quite happy with my party so far. Sahal did really well, and even though Khalid died a couple of times, all in all this was one my best BG1 runs so far. I'm looking forward to BG2!

Enuhal

• ussnorway, Serg BlackStrider, Grimwald the Wise and 1 other like this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Well done Enuhal - sounds like Sahal is well set for BG2!

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Congrats Enuhal, a very nice run through BG1! Safe travels in Amn :)

vbigiani

vbigiani
  • Members
  • 42 posts
Jane Shepard in Baldur's Gate - run 4 - update 2

High Edge - the area is cleared, sadly the Ioun Stones are still too pricey for Jane's purse.
Lonely Peaks - at level 3, the party's hit points are definitively not at the point where I can safely melee a bunch of ogres and whatnot - this time it was Samara who bit the bullet. At least she got a new sword out of the deal...
Spoiler

To cheer Samara up, after her resurrection, we dealt with Cattack's band, as well as buying up scrolls of Stone to Flesh, to rescue Corianna and Tamah (plus a couple as extra, in case we meet other sculptures). We then return to the Lonely Peaks, which we finish exploring (where the Firing Squad manages to save Arabelle). Taking out Gallobrochair and friends (with the aid of some Hold Person) earns Jane and Wrex their 4th level.
Red Canyons: area cleared; Zorgal fell to standard melee, Bassilus to a barrage of Blindnesses and Hold Persons (earning Samara and Garrus their 4th levels). This time around, the skeletons in High Hedge dropped their skulls, and Melicamp survived his antichickenation.
Fisherman's lake - clearing the area netted Tali and Liara a level up, the latter choosing Horror as her new spell, before receiving a nasty scare from Teyngan's natural 20 (had we not attacked Cattack, she would have been level 3 and died from that hit!).
Spoiler

Trade Way South - both the outside and the goblin cave are explored without issue (the Vampiric Wolf easily killed, since Wrex, Jane and Samara all have magic weapons).
Nashkell - Neira easily dies to the firing sqad.
Carnival - Zordral, Bentha, the Amazing Exploding Omph all died (did not attempt to shoot down Vitiare).
Nashkell Mines - the outside is cleared (Greywolf eating a Hold Person), earning Tali her 4th Cleric level and Wrex his weapon of choice (Varscona). We then headed down the mines, which were almost straightforward. Here Tali forgets about a couple of traps and gets badly hurt...
Spoiler

before paying the ultimate price while attempting to sleep it off...
Spoiler

We decided to complete the Mines and assault Mulahey without Tali, before going to Nashkell (where Tali is resurrected, rewards are collected, and Nimbul is killed).
  • ussnorway, Serg BlackStrider, Grond0 and 1 other like this

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts

Well done, Enuhal! Stay tuned in Amn!

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Phantasmic 6 {37} - monks party (update 3)

The aim for this run is the same as it's been for a while, i.e. complete nearly all encounters and fully explore areas while avoiding any casualties in the party.  The monks are not allowed healing or antidote potions.

As part of their explorations they cleared the Cloud Peak Mountains.  A lot of the XP there was from killing winter wolves and cave bears, but it was finishing off Borda - who found haste not enough to allow him to melee the monks - that got the last of them to level 6.  
Spoiler
They met their first ogre mage when travelling from the mountains to the Valley of the Tombs, but that was now no real threat at their level.
Spoiler

At the Valley there was an immediate error when I unintentially gave the Revenant his dagger - he then committed suicide before the monks' first use of magical weapons could finish him off.  
Spoiler
The rest of the area went fairly smoothly though - Narcillicus and his jellies were tackled singly and the jellies managed 3 hits, but none of them caused poison, while Narcillicus failed to cast a spell.
Spoiler

To finish off the areas south of Nashkel the monks went to sort out the mine.  That was also done neatly, with a single series of rests after clearing the upper areas and triggering all the traps before ambushing the kobold shaman.  
Spoiler
They rested again before taking on Mulahey, although in fact that proved an unnecessary precaution.
Spoiler

Resting back at the Carnival gave Chimera some healing ability before the monks executed summary punishment against Nimbul for the offence of loitering with intent.  
Spoiler
They will be carrying on with clearing further areas next time before continuing with the main quest.

Chimera - L6, 41 HPs, 138 kills
Spectre - L6, 38 HPs, 237 kills, 0 deaths
Phantom - L6, 49 HPs, 125 kills, 0 deaths
Wraith - L6, 49 HPs, 121 kills, 0 deaths
Spook - L6, 44 HPs, 94 kills, 0 deaths
Spirit - L6, 45 HPs, 108 kills, 0 deaths

• ussnorway and Serg BlackStrider like this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Phantasmic 6 {37} - monks party (4th and final update)

Foolishly I tried to cram one more area in before going to work and paid the price for a slight loss of concentration when I misjudged when the web trap would trip in the ettercap cave.  Spectre got stuck just before he could escape and, although he was lucky to save at his next opportunity and managed to get out in time for the others to kill the chasing ettercap, he had already been poisoned.  
Spoiler
An attempted rest failed and the monks had not yet acquired a green scroll that could cure the poison - the quick-acting poison meant the edge of the map area was only just in sight when Spectre ran out of HPs (he would have needed something like 20 more to actually reach it at the rate the poison was ticking).
Death%2037_zpsjuev35vj.jpg

• ussnorway, Grimwald the Wise and Blackraven like this

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts

Hard luck Grond0.

Of course the reason why you fail your challenges is because you put in your own obstacles.

We lesser mortals would simply go to the temple for a resurrection.

• Grond0 and Blackraven like this

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts

Congrats Enuhal. :)

vbigiani

vbigiani
  • Members
  • 42 posts
Jane Shepard in Baldur's Gate - run 4 - update 3
Valley of the Tombs - Revenant's dagger is returned, as we had no use for it. Mustard Jellies are pulled one at a time from Narcillus and meleed (costing us an Antidote), before he himself falls to Hold Person. He manages to Charm Garrus, who for some reason stands around looking pretty instead of firing at us. Clearing the Tombs themselves earns Jane and Wrex their 5th level. Against the Amazons, the two thieves being Horrored but their priest memorized Resist Fear for such an occasion; however they easily fell to our melee prowress.
Cloud Peaks - cleaning it is straight as an Arrow. We then headed to the FAI to return Samuel (and the Spiders' body as well). Killing Tranzing got Samara and Garrus to level 5, before returning to the Temple to clear out its wolves.
Bandit Camp - the outside is dealt with by the Firing Squad (Taugosz anticipates our opening Hold Person by drinking a potion of Freedom, but still eats a Blindness). The party then rested before heading inside, casting the buffs they had (Bless, Remove Fear, Enrage), where we made the mistake of casting Hold Person and Horror at the meleers, letting Venkt free to operate (we still managed to win without issue, while half the party was either Slowed or Sleeping). Tali and Liara leveled up (new spells: Color Spray, Mirror Images).
  • ussnorway likes this

vbigiani

vbigiani
  • Members
  • 42 posts
Jane Shepard in Baldur's Gate - run 4 - update 4
Lower Chiontar / Baldur's Gate bridge - clearing the areas is straightforward; the party chooses to aid Tenya against the fishermen. While doing so, Liara is badly hurt during the Bandit ambush:
Spoiler

A farm is then cleared of its Zombie infestation, before the party does some shopping in Ulgoth's Beard.
Shipwrecked Coast - Garrus kisses a Nereid, before her master is slain. Tali earns Cleric 5 (and thus access to summons) while clearing the area.
Lighthose - cleared without incident. Jane and Wrex now level 6, Wrex reads the Tome of Constitution because he has the worst HPs of our frontline.
Caves of Kozah - Brage is escorted to Nashkell's temple, then the rest of the area is cleared (except for waking Kozah himself - I don't want this run to end against a Battle Horror like the last one!).
Xvart Village, Bear River, Gnoll Fortress,Dryad Falls,Fire Leaf Forest - a big pile of yawn at our levels. Borda made the mistake of approaching bloodthirsty Wrex, rather than one of the more cool-headed members of our party, and didn't survive his sales pitch. Samara reads the Tome of Leadership. Along the way, Samara and Garrus hit level 6.
Gullykin / Firewine Ruins: Molkar & co. easily falls to melee. In the ruins, Tali eats a Fireball trap by walking on its trigger while attempting to remove it...
Spoiler

And, in a repeat of Nashkell Mines, dies while attempting to solo the dungeon, for easier handling of traps.
Spoiler

After peeking back in Gullykin for a Resurrection spell, the ruins and Melium are cleared in standard melee. We decided to challenge Kahark; things start to look bleak when Tali and Liara are both dead, and only Samara is selectable. Still, after lots of potions, we managed to bring Kahark to Badly Wounded... when he cast Invisibility and didn't pop back to attack us! Samara was out of True Sights, so we rested with an eye of trying again. Next round, the whole party got hit by Chaos, and Jane also by Charm. Kahark cut down Garrus and Samara and proceeded to pound on Wrex (which would have been game over, since only Jane was alive, but was charmed). Wrex managed to come to his senses just in the nick of time. The party proceeded to take him down with the Wand of Missiles (he has 2 StoneSkins plus one on Contingency, and can only be hit on 19s by Jane's dagger, so ranged kiting was out of the question). He cast Invisibility like last time, but Wrex this time thought of digging through his Potion Case, where he found the Potion of Sight (which grants Infravision and True Sight for 5 turns). After drinking that potion, we finally managed to fell the ogre.
Spoiler

We then returned to Gullykin, where Samara, Garrus, Tali and Liara were all Resurrected, their equipment safely tucked in the Bag of Holding.
  • ussnorway and Blackraven like this

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts

Sir Giles o' the Moors enters the fray.

My first game with EE.

Weidu here:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-BGEEAR.TP2~ #0 #0 // TeamBG's Armors for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu Version 1.05
~SETUP-BGEEW.TP2~ #0 #0 // TeamBG's Weapons Pack for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu Version 1.04
~DRIZZTSAGA/DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Drizzt Saga for BGEE/Tutu/BGT -> Default version: areas connected by travel triggers: v3.00
~DRIZZTSAGA/DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ #0 #2 // Raise the XP cap: v3.00
~DRIZZTSAGA/DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ #0 #3 // Delayed start: Drizzt joins after Durlag's Tower: v3.00
~SETUP-DARKHORIZONSBGEE.TP2~ #0 #0 //  "Dark Horizons" Mod for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition: BG:EE v212
~SETUP-DSOTSCBGEE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dark Side of the Sword Coast For Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Version 1.00
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Update default Helm kit? (BG:EE)
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Update default Lathander kit? (BG:EE)
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Update default Talos kit? (BG:EE)
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Mystra
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Kelemvor
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Tempus
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #10 // Selune
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Shar
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Auril
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // Cyric
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // Technician
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // Shadowstalker
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Scout
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Hivemaster
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Shadow Druid
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Dervish
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #20 // Slingmaster
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #21 // Stalwart
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #22 // Flametouched
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #23 // Frostwielder
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #25 // Improved Wizard Slayer? (BG:EE)
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #26 // Mindwarden
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #27 // Purple Dragon Knight
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #28 // Flagellant
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #29 // Catholicon
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #30 // Convert Viconia to a Nightcloak of Shar?
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #31 // Convert Branwen to a Battleguard of Tempus?
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #32 // Convert Tiax to a Strifebringer of Cyric?
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #33 // Convert Faldorn to a Shadow Druid?
~SETUP-WMART.TP2~ #0 #0 // Deidre and Joluv in BG:EE
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1036 // Make Cloakwood Areas Available Before Completing the Bandit Camp -> All of Cloakwood Except the Mines: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2352 // Alter Multiclass Restrictions -> Install both of the above options: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2360 // Remove Racial Restrictions for Single Classes: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2372 // Alter Dual-class Restrictions -> Install both of the above options: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3012 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For Party-Joinable NPCs Only: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at  Mid-Range Reputation: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4090 // Make Montaron an Assassin (Andyr): v16
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Slime Quest: v12
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Beregost Family Quest: v12
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Installing the Babysitting Quest, including the Carnival Encounter...: v12
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Nashkel Monster Quest: v12
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Fallen Paladin Quest: v12
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Undying Love Quest: v12
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Orcish Lover Encounter: v12
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Unexpected Help Quest: v12
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #8 // "Many Little Paws": v12
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Drunk near Beregost Temple: v12
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #10 // A Warm Place for Noober: v12

It seems to me that ranged weapons have been nerfed. Is that so?

Baldr000.jpg

Diary of Sir Giles o' the Moors.

People seem to be out to get me! First I was attacked by assassins in Candlekeep itself, fortunately pnly one at a time, but then by a party of them as we headed for the Friendly Arms Inn.

Detecting evil, I avoided the inn and headed north where, after first deciding to help some fishermen, I decided that they were in the wrong. They turned hostile and as a result died.

Tenya was grateful for the help as was a widow who resided in the same hamlet as Sonner and his cronies. I killed an undead who claimed to be her husband.

Realising that I couldn't get into Baldur's Gate to hide in the crowds, I headed southwards to the Nashkel Carnival where I gained the ability to heal myself before going to Nashkel proper. There I was mistaken for Greywolf, but quickly corrected the mistake. I joined up with Skeezer Lumpkin VI who appears to be a more than adequate illusionist thief.

He is clearly less law abiding than I am as he purloined a very useful cloak which I used to charm some caravan guards: this to aid us against some hobgoblins. He got the cloak whilst I was busy calming Marl down and buying a book for my old friend Firebead.

After the battle the caravan guards turned against me and I had to rely on the Friendly Arms Inn Guard to dispose of them as they were quite powerful. They killed one of the guards from the inn, so I am glad that I didn't need to get involved. That could have been me! On the bodies of the guards was some good quality armour and some +2 flaming swords. As nobody else seemed interested, I picked it up. It might one day save my life.

Baldr008.jpg

We stumbled into Arghain and as a result, I at last have an unbreakable sword. :)

Edit:

Poor Noober appears to have sore throat from too much talking. :(

We have returned Rufie to his owner and helped a dryad. Skeezer charmed Krumm and caused him to fight a dire wolf. This made the dire wolf easier to kill, but we did lose out on experience due to not killing Krumm ourselves. :(

Also returned Drienne's cat to her, thus increasing rep to 19. :)

On going to see Prism, we met Zargos Flintblade, yet another assassin. Skeezer blinded him whilst I fought him. However it was a magic missile from Skeezer that killed him.

Skeezer also enlisted the help of Galtok against Greywolf who killed him:( However that was not before Galtok had inflicted serious damage on Greywolf who died soon afterwards.

We then took the emeralds to get the reward, but none was forthcoming.  :huh:

We therefore sold them for 1500gp

Our next attempted quest was that of Melicamp.

There was no sign of any skeletons at High Hedge so we went away and returned. There they were where I expected them. :) Unfortunately after all this, Melicamp died. :(

In Beregost we lured some spiders to Feldpost's Inn We then charmed a Morninglord Guard who (unlike my Tutu setup) actually fought and won against the spiders. However the spell wore off and the guards became hostile. We therefore legged it.

Upon returning, Skeezer lured a guard into the spiders den and blinded him so that he would stay there. Unfortunately Skeezer did not have the gumption to pick up the boots and wine and so will have to risk his life if he wants the reward for those items.

EDIT

Much to my surprise I discovered that if the Morninglords and Morninglord Guards in Beregost were killed, no reputation was lost, Then I discovered why. They were from Amn, and therefore an invading army, so even if they had a good alignment, killing them was not considered evil by the locals. I now know where to get any armour that my party needs. :)

I have a bug. Skeezer's staff though undroppable, has somehow become unequipped. Anyone know how to equip it?

I have EEkeeper, though it isn't working as well as I would like.

I have been told that the only way round this problem is to make the staff droppable using Near Infinity.

I have worked out what caused the problem. It was Skeezer's death from a kiss from Shoal.

Any death would have caused the problem.

Just found that Stone of Askavaar is now available for EE. Most annoying that I didn't find out earlier. :(

With the above set-up would installing the mod before doing the Nashkel mines cause problems? ie. Mid-game

• ussnorway, Charlestonian Knight Templar and Blackraven like this

vbigiani

vbigiani
  • Members
  • 42 posts
Jane Shepard in Baldur's Gate - run 4 - update 5
Ulcaster - clearing out the ruins earns Liara her Sorc 6th level (Slow) and Tali her Thief 6th level.
Cloakwood 1 - Aldeth is aided against the druids, not much else of import happens.
Cloakwood 2 - before entering Centeol's Lair, Wrex prebuffs with Rage and Jane dons a pair of boots that grant immunity to Web. This proves insufficient against Myrlochair's Hold Person, and is almost fatal (especially when Liara uses the Wand of Fire centered on the party). Still, we manage to escape without any deaths (and with a nice new sword for Samara...)
Spoiler

I then proceed to the Wood of Sharp Teeth, where the four Red Wizards are easily felled. The plan against the Spider horde is:
  • Tali disarms everything from stealth
  • Samara wields the Spiderbane and soloes the horde
The execution, instead, is:
  • Ignore all traps
  • Charge in melee as one
  • Do not let Samara wield Spiderbane, because I haven't yet got around to cast Identify
The result is... not pretty (Samara also dying shortly after the screenshot is taken).
Spoiler

We head back to the Temple of Beregost to resurrect Wrex, Samara and Tali, before clearing the rest of the area.

STATS:
Spoiler

• ussnorway, Grond0 and Grimwald the Wise like this

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts

We went to Ulgoth's Beard to do some shopping and while I was thus engaged, Skeezer did some acquiring. I do wish he would learn to respect other people's property.

I agreed to find a dagger whilst there and upon leaving Thorin more or less forced himself into the party. Not only that he wanted me to go to Durlag's Tower.

My first visit was almost disastrous as the guards there almost killed me. I had only 9 HP left.

I therefore went hunting basilisks which was a LOT safer. Thorin used 2 oil of speed potions, a potion of heroism, invulnerability, and he also used a protection from magic scroll. He wiped out Mutamin, the basilisks, and the medusae and we then together killed a party of loud mouthed adventurers.

On the way back we killed a pack of wolves, some being quite powerful.

We then returned to the Tower and got our revenge on the guard who nevertheless injured us badly. WE left and healed ourselves before returning.

This time it was we who were totally victorious. We trashed the upper reaches of the tower, though we did not give the wine to love.

At first Skeezer had problems locating all the traps, but he then went up a level and he put all his extra abilities in find traps and unlock doors.

This enabled him to locate a few more, but there were a number of traps that hurt us.

Whilst there we killed Kirinhale who charmed Skeezer before she died. This problem was solved by dispel magic.

Baldr011.jpg

We then hunted some ankheg.

Because we have no cleric, the quests have been time consuming due to having to rest.

I hope that none of the party objects to me switching my priorities to the Nashkel mine.

• ussnorway likes this

Grimwald the Wise

Grimwald the Wise
  • Members
  • 2,182 posts

We decided to head south-east for a while before concentrating on the mines.

Then gaunlets at he gnoll stronghold, made a big difference to Thorin's ability to withstand attack, which was just as well considering the number of xvart that attacked us.

Baldr014.jpg

Baldr015.jpg

These were dealt with using the necklace of missiles and a potion of explosions. We got hurt in the process, but at least we survived. :)

We then headed northwards where I was given some boots which are most useful in the snow for preventing frostbite.

We used Skeezer's stealth to get warning of enemies in the Nashkel Mines. We were thus able to deal with all enemies easily.

After killing Basillus and getting the reward, we went to kill Bassilus.

I don't like the way that EE stops you from killing him though. :( That's cheating if you ask me. :(

It isn't as if it breaks the plot line, for if NPCs can be raised from the dead, why not Tazok?

After Tazok departed we killed Brotus Bloodthirsty and his cohorts. Moving south we killed Phallen Nightshade and his accomplices, an ogre and several bandits. In Beregost it was Transig's turn to die.

Now time for the January sales at High Hedge. A recharged wand of fire perhaps.

• ussnorway, Grond0 and Charlestonian Knight Templar like this

Charlestonian Knight Templar

Charlestonian Knight Templar
  • Members
  • 981 posts

Sir Giles o' the Moors enters the fray.

Baldr000.jpg

Fantastic image for your Inquisitor GtW!  

• ussnorway, Grimwald the Wise and Blackraven like this