Photo

Baldur's Gate 1 No-Reload Challenge

• Please log in to reply
16394 replies to this topic

Faazazel

Faazazel
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Is there somewhere a help where I can find a way to upload images?

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Is there somewhere a help where I can find a way to upload images?

Hi Faazazel, well met and welcome. You can only upload images via other websites (such as photobucket).

• Faazazel likes this

Faazazel

Faazazel
  • Members
  • 19 posts

NRC001 - dual wielding party - session 0

Without equipment outside the inn;

Spoiler

Only equipped with 1390gp, quarterstaves, two useless tomes and an overpowered amulet;

Spoiler

Inside the inn the vicious wolf Haiass begs to join

Spoiler

The wolf has the following stats:

Spoiler

After the party bought some basic equipment (2x axe, 2x long sword, 2x bastard sword, 2x flail, 3x scimitar, 1 splint mail, 3 studded armors and 5 helmets) the party goes to the priest quarters to pick up a katana and to kill Shank.

Spoiler

After looting the entire room, the party returns to loot the upstairs of the inn and to kill a watcher. Alavriel got hit for 8 damage, but the watchers died. This gave Gladius his first plate armor.

Spoiler

With the fully equipped party

Alavriel

Spoiler

Spoiler

Axelle

Spoiler

Spoiler

Lilliana

Spoiler

Spoiler

Katanza

Spoiler

Spoiler

Gladius

Spoiler

Spoiler

Grumbar

Spoiler

Spoiler

SAVE: this is the moment I save the start in case I ever have to restart this challenge

• Blackraven, realmuzzy and Dyara like this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Best of luck Faazazel.

• Faazazel likes this

Faazazel

Faazazel
  • Members
  • 19 posts

NRC001 - dual wielding party - AR0015 Candlekeep

The usual Candlekeep quests

Get some bolts

Spoiler

Kill Carbos

Spoiler

Help Sir Trun

Spoiler

Steal a potion of healing while under the cover of smoke bombs

Spoiler

Return a sword to Hull

Spoiler

Kill Mendas by using smoke bombs and backstab

Spoiler

Kill some rats

Spoiler

Help a sick cow

Spoiler

Return a lost book

Spoiler

Return a scroll of identification

Spoiler

Take a nap to learn some healing spells

Spoiler

Talk with some friends like Alec

Spoiler

and again with Alec

Spoiler

Get a scroll to deliver at a faraway temple from sister Sapientia

Spoiler

Talk with Jondalar

Spoiler

and your sister Imoen

Spoiler

Talk with Finch

Spoiler

and again with Alec

Spoiler

Finally go to Gorion to leave Candlekeep

Spoiler

Mod Content

• Alec is added by A Childhood Friend, by Kulyok
  • Sister Sapientia and her quest are added by The Messenger, by Thimblerig
  • Sir Trun and Linda are added by Baldur's Gate Mini Quests & Encounters: Unexpected Help
  • Finch is added by Finch NPC
  • Mendas the Section assassin is added by Dark Horizons

other modcontent from unknown mods

• the Watcher upstairs the inn was carrying 10 arrows of fatigue

Next goals

• get the fighters to lvl 2 5,2% - 627/12000 experience
  • try to find a second katana

Thanks Grond0, your monks are one of the reasons I also want to try this :)

• biowherewolf, Grond0, Blackraven and 1 other like this

BBMorti

BBMorti
  • Members
  • 142 posts

Introducing:

A15QbZL.png

Truth be told I have been running a number of attempts to get comfortable with SCS, but recently I have managed to No-reload a couple of characters and so I feel ready to introduce Farideh, the elven ranger.

Her weapon of choice has always been the short bow (****) and outside that she has little else to lean upon, besides her good nature..

Wish her luck! :unsure:

WeiDU:

Spoiler

Good luck on your run, Faazazel, those classes do indeed have some fancy names :D

• Alesia_BH, ussnorway, Serg BlackStrider and 4 others like this

corey_russell

corey_russell
  • Members
  • 5,300 posts

Good luck Faazazel and BBMorti on yoru new runs.

• BBMorti, Grimwald the Wise and Faazazel like this

realmuzzy

realmuzzy
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Good luck to everyone who's just starting their runs!

• BBMorti, Blackraven and Faazazel like this

Faazazel

Faazazel
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Good Luck Farideh

NRC001 - dual wielding party – AR6600 Lion’s Way

Before leaving Candlekeep Gorion gives the party a stone of recall

Lion's Way, one of those areas where there’s almost nothing to do

Lucky Imoen brings us some equipment

Spoiler

We meet a fat hermit called Kolssed

Spoiler

A wannabee suicidal guy named Chase

Spoiler

A messenger called Binkos

Spoiler

We loot Gorions body

Spoiler

Kill some easy dogs

Spoiler

… and a big group of hobgoblins and goblins (added by some crazy modder) who first hit Lilliana

Spoiler

And later Alavriel not only once but twice, bringing her to 1hp (almost ending my first try at this challenge)

Spoiler

Lucky some potions of healing and a potion of haste were enough to survive this fight.

Known Mod Content

• Stone of recall from cursed item revisions

other mod content from unknown mods

• group of goblin archers with arrows of biting and arrows of stone to flesh
  • more equipment dropped by Gorion: Robe of Acid Resistance and Bronze Scroll Case
  • Imoen carries some arrows of slowing

Next goals

• get the fighters to lvl 2 7,1% - 857/12000 experience

Characters

• Alavriel - 11% exp / 12% kills
  • Axelle - 1% exp / 4% kills (I forgot to add the script to her :wacko: )
  • Lilliana - 24% exp / 24% kills
  • Katanza - 2% exp / 8% kills (Str 16 instead of 18/xx is real bad for this character)
  • Gladius - 45% exp / 36% kills
  • Grumbar - 14% exp / 16% kills

• ussnorway likes this

Alesia_BH

Alesia_BH
  • Members
  • 4,578 posts

Welcome back, BBMorti!

Best,

A.

• BBMorti, Grimwald the Wise and Blackraven like this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Good to see that those liches are in for a bashing from Farideh, BBMorti.

• BBMorti, Grimwald the Wise and Blackraven like this

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Hi everyone, nice to see some new playthroughs underway! Good luck Faazazel and BBMorti.

After many attempts with casters and thieves or hybrids of the two, I felt like playing a warrior again. I don't like Paladins much, was tempted by Bioware Forums' Gate70 to try a solo Kensai (his made it well into ToB), and considered a Ranger but found no portrait I liked. In the end I rolled a Wizard Slayer, a kit I was fairly successful with last year.

Meet Morhild, Dwarven warrioress:

Spoiler
I like my Dwarves lawful, and Morhild is no exception. I went with evil because in order to be successful as a Wizard Slayer one has to be quite ruthless time and again. My intention was to roll for 18/00 STR as I used to with previous Wizard Slayers, but was too pleased with an early 90 roll and a STR score of 18/93 to continue rolling.

Am using the same mod setup as in my previous run with Isadora: Fixpack (including Free Action protects against Stun), SCS v30 with full prebuffing, aTweaks, Rogue Rebalancing. In the EEs Wizard Slayers' ranged attacks impose spellcasting penalties upon mages just like melee attacks.

I'm a bit hesitant to post on Morhild at this stage, as she still has lots of hurdles to take. 

Without Deder's oil of speed, Morhild took no risks in Candlekeep. She witnessed her foster father's feeble attempt at fighting a huge armored guy with a snicker, but felt sorry when the old men fell. She would avenge him, when she was ready for it.
She received some potions and a useless wand from her neighbor Imoen, and scrolls and more potions from a thief and a wizard she refused to travel with. In the lands that strectched from the FAI to Beregost Morhild found gems and jewelry that were worth a fortune. She sold the goods, invested in her reputation in Beregost, and bought a suit of full plate mail at the local smithy. She also procured a good mace (Stupefier +1) from a locked chest she opened by force in the Burning Wizard inn. (Her preferred watering hole in Beregost, if only for its name.)

A trip south to Nashkel, saw her defeat three Flaming Fist mercenaries that wrongfully accused her of banditry.

Spoiler
And in Nashkel itself she acquired a suit of Ankheg armor she later sold, and an innate healing power after a dream about Gorion. At the nearby Carnival she decided to spare a wizard who seemed to have made it his business to prosecute evil wizards.
Spoiler
Morhild's subsequent travels resulted in her

- rescuing a chickenated boy from a Wolf and having him retransformed by Thalantyr the Conjurer, 
- protecting Charleston Nib the archaeologist,
- bringing lost guard captain Brage back to his hometown Nashkel,
- killing Basilisks and - using arrows of biting - their Gnomish master,

Spoiler
- teaching bounty hunters in Beregost and at the FAI not to mess with her,

- exterminating Ankhegs,
- inadvertently killing a priestess of Umberlee that was reluctant to listen to her,

Spoiler
- purchasing the Claw and later the Horn of Kazgaroth (both items are unusable by Wizard Slayers in the EEs but I chose to use Near Infinity to change that; not only is this in keeping with the orginal game, I also consider the powers of these items as special inherent powers as opposed to the enchantments placed on bracers, rings etc.

- slaying small parties of brigands in the Cloudpeaks,
- reading a Tome of Leadership and Influence,
- beating a warrior in a duel near the Firewine Bridge, 
- giving a priest of Ilmater the pain he so desired for a scroll of Protection from Magic,
- meeting Hafiz the seer, for another PfMagic scroll,
- clearing the Kobold-infested Nashkel Mines, and thus alleviating the iron crisis. The leader of the Kobolds was a Half-Orc priest of Cyric who would have gladly Held Morhild, but the Dwarf's arrows of biting struck poisoned her foe more than and kept him from casting any spells. Several Kobolds and Skeletons came to his aid, but the Wizard Slayer did not relent until the priest lay dead at her feet.

Spoiler
Only then did she deal with the minions. She left the Mines with her pack stuffed with loot, which made her decide not to plunder any vaults in the Valley of the Tombs.

In Nashkel the Amnian guard killed an assassin mage for her.

Spoiler
Correspondence on his corpse led her to Beregost, where she felled another wizard for written evidence of the location of a Bandit Camp. She had to look for the camp in the Wood of Sharp Teeth, until a fellow named Raiken 'recruited' her and brought her to the cantonment.

In the camp's main tent she had to battle a large group of bandits, including a wizard who became her first target. Morhild's first arrow failed to hit its mark.

Spoiler
It prompted the Dwarf to blow the Horn of Kazgaroth for increased protection against any spells he might cast at her.
Spoiler
Subsequent arrows did strike true, and apart from a Slow she saved against, the wizard wouldn't manage to cast any spells at her before he fell. It was then only a matter of toughening up against the warriors that had been injuring her until she had slain them all.
Spoiler
Secret letters and hint from a prisoner she released told her that the Iron Throne, with a base in Cloakwood, was the driving force behind the bandits and the iron crisis. Apparently they were also the organization that had placed a price on her head.

Outside the tent a Black Talon commander and several lower ranked bandits went after her, but Morhild had no interest in them. She had the information she needed.

• BBMorti, Alesia_BH, ussnorway and 5 others like this

SuperNovice007

SuperNovice007
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Good luck Faazazel and BBMorti! I'm on my first time through as well. Here's hoping we can all make it through! :)

• BBMorti, Grimwald the Wise and Faazazel like this

Faazazel

Faazazel
  • Members
  • 19 posts

NRC001 - dual wielding party – AR6900 Coast Way

After being greeted by an old man

Spoiler

Fighting some wild dogs

Spoiler

… and wolves

Spoiler

… and bandits (forgot to take a screenshot of those)

The party met some kind of a bandit leader. Lilliana tried to backstab her while being hidden in a smoke screen, but failed

Spoiler

Lucky the party came to rescue the badly wounded Lilliana

Spoiler

Spoiler

Grumbar used his healing spell on a badly wounded merchant

Spoiler

A blind spell from Alavriel in combination with some throwing axes from Axelle was enough to kill an ogre

Spoiler

This ogre dropped a studded leather armor +1, which is an upgrade for Lilliana (the character who wears leather and took most of the risks so far)

After meeting a messenger

Spoiler

… and a ranger

Spoiler

The party met two strangers who asked to get a deed back from a guy in Beregost

Spoiler

Known Mod Content

• Martana shipsail and assistant are added by Kit Tomes mod
  • The caravan bandit leader is added by The BG NPC project
  • Ring of protection +1 is moved by Item Randomizer mod

• Bandits are now carrying arrows of slowing
  • The Belt ogre isn’t carrying the belt of piercing, but has a studded leather +1 instead

Next goals

• get the fighters to lvl 2 13% - 1568/12000 experience
  • try to find a second katana and a way to raise katanzas Strength
  • find a way to raise lore (or hire a temporary bard)

Characters

• Alavriel - 9% exp / 12% kills
  • Axelle - 12% exp / 4% kills
  • Lilliana - 18% exp / 21% kills
  • Katanza - 3% exp / 6% kills
  • Gladius - 27% exp / 29% kills
  • Grumbar - 28% exp / 25% kills

Newly found permanent magical equipment

• Studded Leather Armor +1

• ussnorway, Grimwald the Wise and Blackraven like this

Faazazel

Faazazel
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Good luck Faazazel and BBMorti! I'm on my first time through as well. Here's hoping we can all make it through! :)

Good luck SuperNovice007

• Grimwald the Wise likes this

BBMorti

BBMorti
  • Members
  • 142 posts

Thanks for the well wishes, guys!

Good to see that those liches are in for a bashing from Farideh, BBMorti.

I had a backstory prepared to explain her choice. :P

I mostly use the backgrounds and concept ideas behind my characters as a means of motivation to make myself play a bit better, a bit more focused, because those things helps making me feel more invested and interested in who I play. An approach several here uses.. I was eager to start so I never got around to putting down many details at all.

Not even the simplest ones..

She plays solo and on normal d&d difficulty settings. I didn't get around to installing any ease of use mods, which I am already regretting.

Farideh's journey so far:

In Candlekeep my usual approach is to go down and do a training session so I can grab the Potion of speed from one of the guys inventories, drink it, then use the effect to rush around town and do the little errands I feel like doing.

Her route outside of Candlekeep have so far been; Grab Imoens healing potions, say goodbye, grab monties speed potion, say goodbye. Use the speed potion in the next area to grab the +1ring and clear out some groups and make room for doing a bit of ogre killing, for the belt. The respawns in that area is absurd in tutu, she used almost 200 arrows there!

Then she grabbed the ring hidden near the friendly arm, sold it to the mage at high hedge, bought a few potions (Freedom, mirror eyes, regen) and the wand of sleep. She then went to Beregost and didn't have much luck calming down an angry man (missclick) so some storming around inside the inn while flinging arrows resulted in him dying. Killed spiders and delivered a book to an old mage.

Went further south and killed a hobgobling for some boots and a few big fellas on the road, who had a letter on them she delivered to a lady back in town. Then went to carnival and bought shield amulet and protection from petrification scroll.

With the shield amulet in hand, north to the friendly arm, immunity from magic missiles were supposed to make the fight versus Ternesh a breeze, it was, but her initiation shot on him, from stealth, hit him so hard he instantly went into a panic.

Spoiler

Delivered some wine and boots to a lady inside the inn and.. aquired a potion of invisibility from Jaheira.

Went hunting for Basilisks with a ghoul friend, he died to the mage, but the mage never managed to get off a spell on her. After killing a small handful of basil's she reached level 5.

Next she found a chicken and Brage. This is actually the first time I saw Melicamp survived the transformation, in this install.

Spoiler

I will take it as a good omen =]

She went to the gnoll fortress for a tome and gloves of dexterity (Stealthed past anything else on the way) Sold the gloves and used the money she had on her for a cloak of displacement up north and a necklace of missiles which she hopes will make her trip through the mines more safe. The mines will be her next goal when she is done relaxing at her current destination, the carnival.

Inventory and current level:

Spoiler

• ussnorway, Serg BlackStrider, Blackraven and 3 others like this

Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 1,558 posts

Solid start, BBMorti! Safe travels to Farideh!

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

After rattling the run (or possibly short jog) total along in the last few days I thought perhaps I'd take the time to post the pictures for the newly generated couple - just in case there's a vague possibility that would lead to taking more care of them.

Gate70/Grond0 multiplayer attempt 88 - (2nd and final update)

Nurk, human cavalier (Grond0) & Shady, halfling assassin Gate70)

There wasn't!  After failing to save Arabelle, finishing off the xvarts led to us being chased by an ogre berserker and a brown bear. The bears in the Enhanced Edition are deceptively quick and a few seconds earlier Gate70 made one of his famous predictions - "it's going to get you" ...

Death_zpsti9eiwqm.jpg

• ussnorway likes this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts

Gate70/Grond0 multiplayer attempt 89 - (update 1)

Ira, human inquisitor (Grond0) & Strofii, elf stalker Gate70)

Another day, another short session, another death as the streak goes on.  Once more we quickly rolled up new characters and set out.  As the arrows pierced Shoal's body over and over again Strofii enquired gently why Ira did not have a helmet.  Not wearing armour seemed entirely reasonable of course, but saving a single gold piece on a critical piece of equipment seemed to be taking parsimony too far :P.  However, it wasn't long before a hobgoblin supplied the missing helmet.  The duo progressed to Nashkel to provide armour, even stopping off at Arghain on the way to get Ira a proper melee weapon!

This time Arabelle was left chewing the cud in peace, while Meilum also has his face down in the dirt - his death taking both characters to level 3.

Ira%20L3_zpslc1gypmt.jpg

Strofii%20L3_zpsqjkkeyyw.jpg

Stats:

Ira, inquisitor 3, 35 HPs, 10 kills

Strofii, stalker 3, 31 HPs, 20 kills, 0 deaths

• ussnorway, Blackraven and realmuzzy like this

Faazazel

Faazazel
  • Members
  • 19 posts

NRC001 - dual wielding party – AR6800 Friendly Arms Inn

After meeting a paladin … 

Spoiler

the party finds three small groups of hobgoblins to kill

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

A guard outside the inn warns the party 

Spoiler
 Nevertheless we are attacked by an assassin named Tarnesh, who is no match for Lilliana and her smokebombs 
Spoiler

Afterwards we are warned by the guard captain 
Spoiler

We decide to return a flamedance ring to an old female warrior

Spoiler

Looks like a lot of merchants with very expensive equipment ranging between 3000 and 30000gp sought refuge in the inn:

A dwarf named Kurtz Goldenaxe

Spoiler
A dwarf named Maltz

Spoiler

A dwarf named Thorengrim Hammerfist who can sell and forge

Spoiler

A woman named Ratava Artsym in the Temple

Spoiler

Some merchants at the stable, where we sell most of the loot from bandits

Spoiler

A mage named Sintara al-Mustafa who standing there with his wife who sells bags

Spoiler

Inside the inn are some interesting people:

Looks like the woman whose name was on the belt of the ogre is also staying in the inn

Spoiler

A bard specialized in lowering peoples reputation was having a drink at the bar

Spoiler

An old German mage, named ygnatz, hires us to find a missing book

Spoiler

We meet Khalid and Jaheira, friends of Gorion

Spoiler

and also some ... not so interesting people aka locals

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

We have a small chat at the bar with the cook and the owner and sell him our jewelry

Spoiler

Spoiler

Time to go to Beregost

Known Mod Content

• Kurtz Goldenaxe from TeamBG's Armor Pack 
  • Matlz from TeamBG's Weapon Pack
  • Thorengrim Hammerfist, Chef Martel and Ratava Artsym from Dark Horizons
  • Lake poet Same from Lake poet society
  • Ygnatz from Ascalons questpack

• Sintara al-Mustafa ???
  • merchants in stable?

Next goals

• get the fighters to lvl 2 22,2% - 2674/12000 experience
  • find a way to raise lore (or hire a temporary bard)
  • Return to the FAI when there's at least 5000gp to spend

Characters

• Alavriel - 8% exp / 10% kills
  • Axelle - 10% exp / 3% kills
  • Lilliana - 24% exp / 25% kills
  • Katanza - 4% exp / 7% kills
  • Gladius - 27% exp / 25% kills
  • Grumbar - 25% exp / 27% kills

• ussnorway and realmuzzy like this

Borco

Borco
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Anomandra, halfling Priest of Helm, says "Hi!"

It's been a while since I was able to report on any progress of this little Helmite, and the shameful truth is that there is almost none at all.

However, during my time off, I reconsidered my install once again as lately I've gotten interested in the idea of braving BG:EE instead of BGT. Anomandra has therefore been re-rolled into a new environment and is currently on her to FAI with Imoen. Adventures await...

1417079318395_zpsaqilszk7.jpg

Regards,

B.
  • ussnorway and Blackraven like this

Grond0

Grond0
  • Members
  • 6,498 posts
Nippy - melee sorcerer (update 1)

I expect I'll go back to the monks in a while, but for now I've had enough party play and thought I would have another go at a melee sorcerer.  Nippy can use any attacks he wants, but killing anything (including via summons) other than by his own melee attacks will end the run.  He's already had three undocumented 'runs' (absent-mindedly killing a rat in Candlekeep with a dart, dying to Montaron's stealth attacks and being caught by a minor sequencer from a blinded Silke).

The previous melee sorcerer I tried had it easy by taking sleep as an initial spell.  Nippy only has blind, which is far more dangerous to use in early encounters.  However, he has successfully survived his opening challenges this time:
- attacking Xzar and Montaron.  If Montaron is blinded when hostile he instantly disappears (taking advantage of the ability to hide if others are outside your sight range rather than their sight range).  Having tested that a few times he always succeeds in hiding and shows no signs of appearing again in broad daylight, so appears to have automatic success at stealth.  As it was the start of a run Nippy put himself in harm's way anyway by coming straight into melee and risking the chance of Montaron getting a critical - he failed.  He tried to dodge Xzar's spells, but got hit once before managing to kill him with a non-proficient staff.
Spoiler
- Shoal provided a couple of levels.
Spoiler
- he worked hard around Beregost to earn another level, including blinding and killing a bunch of spiders and various dogs and wolves in the temple area.  
Spoiler
Now with invisibility he was able to blind Silke and then sneak up to her for the finishing hit (now with +4 to hit from attacking invisible to add to the +4 from chill touch) before she could target him with a sequencer.
Spoiler

Typically he will wear opponents down with darts (chosen for their low damage) before finishing them off with a chill touch.  That does mean that opponents sometimes get chunked by cold damage, so chill touch is not a great option if their equipment is vital.
Spoiler

Record%20L4_zps1eb7r5g3.jpg

Sorcerer L4, 20 HPs, 26 kills

• ussnorway, Serg BlackStrider, Blackraven and 1 other like this

ussnorway

ussnorway
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

Does Nippy have a pseudodragon yet... and does allowing it to finish a target off count as death by non-melee in your eyes?

biowherewolf

biowherewolf
  • Members
  • 162 posts

It looks like you were concerned about making yourself visible when picking up items.  You can avoid doing that by moving to the items using a right-click rather than a left-click to move. Once you are standing on top of the items just open up your inventory screen and pick them up from the ground.  The same tactics apply whether invisible or stealthed.

Thanks Grond0, I didn't know that.

@Blackraven: That is the prettiest Dwarf I've ever seen  :wub:

Or maybe she's ugly by Dwarven standards? Where's the girl-beard??  :lol:

I actually tried a Wiz-slayer recently and royally walloped. So, I'll be keeping an eye on your run to see what I did wrong. I think it's actually a challenging class for a no-reload. The limitations on magics forces you into melee combat a lot, which is dangerous. 

Good luck. 

And good luck to all the runners. 

--BW

• Serg BlackStrider, Grimwald the Wise and Blackraven like this

Blackraven

Blackraven
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Morhild, Dwarven Wizard Slayer, 2nd & final BG1 report

After some relaxing at the FAI and gaining a Cure Affliction innate ability, Morhild continued her crusade against the organization that had been making life hard for the people of the Sword Coast in general and for herself in particular: the Iron Throne. 
On her way to Cloakwood she was waylaid by a group of four assassins or bounty hunters (Lamalha & Co.). The Dwarf outran them and would never see them again. In the outer stretches of the forest she helped a band of Druids exact revenge on a murderous hunter from Baldur's Gate and she found a Cloak of Non-Detection. Morhild traveled to Beregost to sell loot, and eschewed a confrontation with another band of assassins (Molkar & Co) on her way back to Cloakwood.

Deeper in the woods, careful maneuvering and stellar Dwarven saves helped her to avoid web traps and tangles, and to kill different types of Spiders. It allowed her to obtain Spiders' Bane with its Free Action from a sickly, obese woman who had been in control of the spiders.
(I think more recent versions of SCS Improved Spiders aren't as precise with their web traps as the SCS v21 ones. In the screenshot below you can see a Giant Spider's web in flight; it had missed Morhild.)

Spoiler
When the Dwarf was done with the Spiders, she was fairly close to level 8.

A visit followed to Durlag's Tower, where she slew two Battle Horrors and (using Spiders' Bane) a few Ghasts for her last level-up. She decided to gamble for the WIS tome on the trapped altar. The trap is a Charm trap, but I don't know if it's a Charm Person or a Dire Charm trap. With a Horn of Kazgaroth charge, Morhild's save vs spell was 3. This meant that she was presumably safe from a Charm Person (+3 saves bonus) but not from a Dire Charm. Morhild found that her magic resistance protected her:

Spoiler

Back once more in Cloakwood, the Dwarf did not interfere in the business of Druids and Wyverns, and found her way straight to the Iron Throne base, a mine. She felled two guards and fought a third one, a fellow named Drasus, while protected from magic thanks to having read one of her three green scrolls (the first she used). The reason for this preventive measure was the presence of two wizards. Drasus and Morhild fought long and hard. In the end the Dwarf prevailed.
Spoiler
She stripped the warrior of a pair of Boots of Speed, put those on, and ran past the remaining guards into the mine. The mine seemed overcrowded to Morhild. There were at least five guards for each miner. She was relieved and more than a little surprised that she managed to evade the hordes of guards, although she lamented not having the time to greet a fellow Dwarf.
Spoiler
On the fourth and lowest level Morhild met the master of the mine, the mage Davaeorn. He had two Battle Horrors and a slew of guards by his side. The Dwarf destroyed one Battle Horror, Davaeorn the other (with a Sunfire).
Spoiler
With those two out of the way, Morhild aimed her arrows at Davaeorn, poisoning him and exposing him to acid until he went down.
Spoiler
Davaeorn's fall inspired the guards to retreat. Morhild looted Davaeorn's corpse and coffers, and traveled to Baldur's Gate, the location of the Iron Throne's regional HQ.

The Dwarf's stay in the city was a short one. She acquired some interesting reads for the road: tomes of DEX, WIS, and INT.

Spoiler
And she also found the Helm of Balduran, while enabling a father to resurrect his son saw her rewarded with an enchanted large shield. Her gold she spent on healing potions, a green scroll of PfMagic and enchanted arrows at the Sorcerous Sundries.

She was commissioned by the Flaming Fist to deal with the Iron Throne but first made a trip to the coast where a scroll of PfMagic (no. 2) allowed her to loot Black Alaric's cave and eliminate its guardians.

Spoiler

At the Iron Throne HQ, the Dwarf used a third PfMagic scroll when she saw herself opposed by elite acolytes. Arrows of detonation aimed at a Doppelganger, the creature she was most likely to hit, were quite effective here.
Spoiler
She ended up killing most of the acolytes, but didn't wait for some casters that had gone invisible to reveal themselves again.
Spoiler
She learnt that the Throne leaders were in Candlekeep, and was sent there herself by Duke Eltan of the Flaming Fist.

In front of the gate the Dwarf was ambushed by five Ogre Magi. Her first reaction was to blow the Horn of Kazgaroth, but this took too long. She was fortunate to save against two Charm Persons.

Spoiler
A restless night at Winthrop's inn culminated in Morhild getting up early with the ability to draw upon Divine Might, a power that had come from the dead deity she discovered was her biological father, Bhaal. The ability would come in handy that same day, the day that the killer of her foster father, fellow Bhaalchild Sarevok, had her wrongfully accused and arrested for the murder of the Iron Throne leaders. While on the run and looking for a way out of the catacombs below Candlekeep, her Divine Might helped her bash a lock on a chest that contained another green PfMagic scroll. 
The catacombs connected to caves. Morhild rushed through those caves, ignoring a hostile war party, and made it to the surface. The Ogre Magi were still waiting for her near the gates of the bastion but the Dwarf timely blew the Horn of Kazgaroth and made it safely past the monsters.

Back in Baldur's Gate she DUHM-bashed a lock on a chest containing a PfMagic scroll in the home Ramazith, and she played hide and seek in the Undercellars with the assassins Slythe and Krystin whom she was to prevent from killing the city's Dukes for Sarevok. She left the Undercellars where they connected to the Blushing Mermaid inn and with the help of a Priest of Ilmater, she re-entered them on the other side. There she did not fell Slythe in a melee dust-up until Krystin, a Mage, arrived.

Spoiler
What worried the Dwarf was that she couldn't find an exit from the Undercellars the way she had come. (I scrolled all over the place, but the 'door' cursor never appeared.) Morhild saw herself forced to deal with Krystin, rather than leave her to her devices. The Dwarf dispelled the woman's protections with an arrow of dispelling and poisoned her with an arrow of biting. In return the Mage Slowed her.
Spoiler
Acid arrows soon had the woman flee in panic, but then a second Krystin appeared:
Spoiler
The Dwarf finished Krystin I, but ran from Krystin II and from a Chain Lightning the latter cast at her.
Spoiler

Carrying Slythe's invitation for Sarevok's coronation as Grand Duke and a letter from Sarevok containing the instruction to assassinate the other Dukes, Morhild hasted to the Ducal Palace. She protected herself from magic using another green scroll (no. 4), drew upon her Divine Might, and did what she could against six Greater Doppelgangers that Sarevok had hired to finish Dukes Belt and Janneth. Arrows of dispelling slowed down most of the creatures, but not a Mage that made short work of Liia Janneth.

Spoiler
Side by side, Belt and Morhild fought relentlessly, but the Dwarf worried as she witnessed the Duke's health deteriorate and Flaming Fist Officers drop like flies. Protected from Magic she could not heal her comrade in arms. Where normally she would have pursued panicking Doppelgangers in order to finish them, she now chose to switch to another target each time an enemy's morale broke. The Doppelganger Mage made these considerations look futile when it nearly killed all remaining combatants with fire except Morhild, Belt and itself.
Spoiler
Morhild dispelled the Mage's buffs. Belt (already at near death status) took another hit from the Mage but retalliated with a deadly swing of his blade.
Spoiler
Morhild then felled one last (panicky) Doppelganger and guided Belt into one of the antechambers where she presented the evidence of Sarevok's evil scheme to the Duke.

Sarevok's plan was foiled, but the warrior escaped justice with the help of a lieutenant mage. Morhild followed them though a maze into the Undercity below Baldur's Gate, where she bypassed a war party but had to battle a throng of Undead (including Skeleton Warriors).

Spoiler
(This fight cost Morhild a lot of healing potions as I had her fight with a Morningstar +1 without her being proficient in Morningstars. Very ineffective. The thing is, I'm so used to playing with a BG2 Tweakpack component that reclassifies a number of weapons - e.g. Morningstars with Maces - that I'd kind of forgotten about their original categories.)

Morhild encountered Sarevok and his four most loyal aides - Angelo, Diarmid, Semaj, and Tazok - in a Bhaal Temple. She used PfMagic scroll no. 5 and spent a long time running around in hopes of dispelling Sarevok's, Diarmid's and Angelo's Hastes, taking a lot of poison and acid damge from Diarmid.

Spoiler
Her collection of extra healing potions rapidly diminished, but the Dwarf's patience paid off. First Sarevok, then Diarmid, and finally Angelo (who seemed perma-hasted) were slowed down with dispelling arrows. (This is noteworthy because Isadora failed to achieve the same with Sarevok.) Moreover Diarmid ran out of arrows soon after.
Morhild picked Semaj and Angelo as her first targets, fearing they might otherwise go invisible at some point and wait with revealing themselves until she'd be at her weakest. She wasn't deadly enough and both went invisible indeed. The Dwarf switched to Diarmid and took him down with acid and biting arrows.
Then another period of running around followed. Tazok attempted to hit her from the shadows but didn't get close enough to land a hit. The wizards remained invisible. When Morhild's PfMagic wore off, Angelo remained hidden but Semaj showed himself and cast a Flame Arrow at her. It hit her just before she finished reading her last PfMagic scroll (no. 6).
Spoiler
She eliminated the wizard soon after that with acid arrows.
While darting around, Morhild bumped into an invisible wall: Tazok. Her sudden halt caused her to get hit by both the Half-Ogre and Sarevok.
Spoiler
Tazok became her next victim. With three Skeleton Warriors following her and with Angelo invisible, the Dwarf decided to tap from her collection of detonation arrows.
Spoiler
She killed all the Skeleton Warriors and then started launching detonation arrows at Sarevok. Several of the arrows would injure not only Sarevok but also still invisible Angelo.
Spoiler
She even ended up killing the last of Sarevok's lackeys this way,
Spoiler
which was quite a relief because she had no idea what spells he would have cast at her had he lived long enough to see her PfMagic expire.

She pelted Sarevok with arrows, and when he was on the verge of dying, she did this:

Spoiler
I.e. she laid her Helm of Balduran on the floor, so that the Claw of Kazgaroth would be imported into SoA instead of the Helm of Balduran Sarevok could have a good look at the Dwarven warrior lady who had come to end his life.
Spoiler

• Alesia_BH, ussnorway, Serg BlackStrider and 3 others like this